ADVERTISEMENT

UCF Portal Thread-signings/rumors

He was not sold 100% on going to UCF or NCS. Looks like there could be another school involved now offering more money. I’ll say Auburn, but that’s just a guess on my part.
The u probably offered him $2 after Cam Ward read he 'couldn't win a Heisman" in Miami.

Steve Harvey Wow GIF by NBC

Seriously though, Ohio State entered the transfer QB race, and that changes things and has a trickle down effect on every other program, including Auburn.

Ok yall, hear me out one more time on this. I have the observance skills of a top notch lawyer I tell ya. Look at Auburn Legacy's post at 12:16. Now look at Lobocane's post only a few minutes later at 12:34. In the middle of the night. Notice the short structure of the paragraphs by both? In back to back posts. Same damn weirdo ass dude I'm telling yall!!!

Ok yall, hear me out one more time on this. I have the observance skills of a top notch lawyer I tell ya. Look at Auburn Legacy's post at 12:16. Now look at Lobocane's post only a few minutes later at 12:34. In the middle of the night. Notice the short structure of the paragraphs by both? In back to back posts. Same damn weirdo ass dude I'm telling yall!!!
Sounds like a theory.

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

The middle of the night for you dummy. You think I know all that stupid Malzahn trivia? LOL.

And right on cue, they post within a few minutes of each other! Even this early in the morning! There's no way "they're" this in sync. Posting back to back in the middle of the night then first thing in the morning. "Their" work and sleep schedules would somewhat differ. Same weird ass dude!!

And right on cue, they post within a few minutes of each other! Even this early in the morning! There's no way "they're" this in sync. Posting back to back in the middle of the night then first thing in the morning. "Their" work and sleep schedules would somewhat differ. Same weird ass dude!!
You believe that UCF won a fake Colley naty. Keep on.

Ok I have to go to work because I am actually employed. I will share the flaw in your logic though.

lobocane was trolling these boards long before I came along. I didn't come here until the end of Malzahn's first season.

That means lobo would have had to create me. I am not smart enough to create a persona as dumb as lobo. I would break character.

I actually have original thoughts. Lobo is like an AI that steals and posts information behind pay walls and rehashes tired old arguments as his own.

Aside from the fact that you are insulting me. The reason lobo posts within 10 minutes of me is he simply went to my profile and 'followed' me. He gets notifications every time I post.

Ok I have to go to work because I am actually employed. I will share the flaw in your logic though.

lobocane was trolling these boards long before I came along. I didn't come here until the end of Malzahn's first season.

That means lobo would have had to create me. I am not smart enough to create a persona as dumb as lobo. I would break character.

I actually have original thoughts. Lobo is like an AI that steals and posts information behind pay walls and rehashes tired old arguments as his own.

Aside from the fact that you are insulting me. The reason lobo posts within 10 minutes of me is he simply went to my profile and 'followed' me. He gets notifications every time I post.
Man whatever. I've been on this board forever. "Yall" showed up at the same time. Probably post more than anybody else here. When do you have time to post on Auburn's boards if you're CONSTANTLY posting here or working?

Reactions: Guinness_Knight
Man whatever. I've been on this board forever. "Yall" showed up at the same time. Probably post more than anybody else here. When do you have time to post on Auburn's boards if you're CONSTANTLY posting here or working?
I don't. I don't belong to any Auburn boards now.

You bring in the best people you can for your organization and you build "that". That's all you can really do. Sure, we all want the very best transfers and recruits at every position to come here but it just happens or doesn't. We have to fight for our spot at the trough now. We were 6-6 and we aren't the biggest dog yet (or anywhere near it). This takes time. This takes money. Just look at the NFL this season. Lots of guys playing QB (Tony DeVito, Easton Stick/Max Duggan, Tyson Bagent, Jake Browning, Joe Flacco, Gardner Minshew, Aiden O'Connell, Joshua Dobbs/Nick Mullens, Bailey Zappe, Mitchell Trubisky, etc..), as examples, that you'd have never wanted to roll with on day 1 but it is what it is so you pick guys that are 100% in for your team and you do the best you can developing those people.

Well that's telling in itself and makes my accusations even more believable. You get banned for trolling and oversaturation? I'm loyal to UCF. I'd never go latch on to another team's board. Especially not while occasionally berating them.
Why do you assume I am banned on Auburn boards? I didn't renew my subscription after they fired Malzahn. That's why I showed up here at the end of Malzahn's first season.

In other words, I really need UCF to be successful.

Reactions: Robert0122
Why do you assume I am banned on Auburn boards? I didn't renew my subscription after they fired Malzahn. That's why I showed up here at the end of Malzahn's first season.

In other words, I really need UCF to be successful.
I didn't assume. I asked were you. Well that's weird. Just completely abandoned your team and stopped posting on their boards because the coach left? I didn't follow Frost or Heupel to Nebraska or Tennessee's boards. Where's your loyalty to Auburn?

You seem like a grade A troll. That's probably the reason you have that gold grilling clown on your profile.

Reactions: Guinness_Knight
I didn't assume. I asked were you. Well that's weird. Just completely abandoned your team and stopped posting on their boards because the coach left? I didn't follow Frost or Heupel to Nebraska or Tennessee's boards. Where's your loyalty to Auburn?

You seem like a grade A troll. That's probably the reason you have that gold grilling clown on your profile.
The 🤡 is because some random poster on here called me an "Auburn clown." The photo of Kristi is because lobo kept referring to me as Kristi.

I have been banned on three different Auburn sites 10 times or more over the course of Malzahn's tenure.

I bleed orange and blue. I am a TWO-TIME, TWO-TIME, TWO-TIME Auburn grad. My family name is on a prominent campus building overlooking the football practice fields. I have a cousin who married into the Pat Dye family. I have been to the houses of two former Auburn head coaches on Lake Martin.

I have watched Jimmy Rane run the Auburn program into the ground over Gus Malzahn. I know how the story ends. Gus's story, however, has not been written.

That aside, I will be focusing on football from here on. This thread has gone sideways.

In case y'all haven't noticed, the NIL values of QBs have jumped exponentially in the last 72-96 hours. McCall, for example, is worth twice ($265k - $592K) what he was three or four days ago. Five QBs are now listed in the million dollar range.

Some heavy hitters (a Ohio State University, Free Shoes U, Auburn maybe, etc.) have apparently thrown their hat into the transfer pot and flipped the market upside down.

As supply decreases with every commitment and demand for transfer portal QBs increase as new programs entering the market, it will get harder and harder for UCF to land a guy.

Last edited:
In case y'all haven't noticed, the NIL values of QBs have jumped exponentially in the last 72-96 hours. McCall, for example, is worth twice ($265k - $592K) what he was three or four days ago. Five QBs are now listed in the million dollar range.

Some heavy hitters (a Ohio State University, Free Shoes U, Auburn maybe, etc.) have apparently thrown their hat into the transfer pot and flipped the market upside down.

As supply decreases with every commitment and demand for transfer portal QBs increase as new programs entering the market, it will get harder and harder for UCF to land a guy.

Agreed, which is why we have to do some leg work, and find some diamonds in the rough, like a Nate Johnson…..who would be a good fit

we need to start a dialogue about Gus as a recruiter . without the b12 tag is he really that much better ?

Rizk didn’t have an impressive offer sheet , JRP was in the wide receiver room. QB is the most important position and it seems he can only get projects like we are some cusa program.
I think Gus recruits very well…..except at this one position for whatever reason. The system he uses is one problem, it greatly reduces the number of interested prospects. It doesn’t project to the NFL very well ( with a couple of exceptions). Then I question can he evaluate talent? Guys like Gatewood and Williams should not have been brought in…..what did he do with Tommy C? there were plenty of portal QBs both last year and this year that could have competed well.

we need to start a dialogue about Gus as a recruiter . without the b12 tag is he really that much better ?

Rizk didn’t have an impressive offer sheet , JRP was in the wide receiver room. QB is the most important position and it seems he can only get projects like we are some cusa program.
Do you have any insight to his recruiting process? Do you know how much NIL was offered them vs us? Until you do there is no way to judge recruiting, especially transfer QB. It is no longer this place vs that place, it is who is paying the most money.

I don't think Gus will sign a guy he doesn't expect to be a Day 1 starter.
Has he never heard of player development? Blake Bortles was never going to be a day 1 starter for anybody except at TE (RIP Coach Taffe). He needed those 2 seasons in the program to get ready for the job

Did he honestly expect Gatewood and Williams to be game 1 starters?

Do you have any insight to his recruiting process? Do you know how much NIL was offered them vs us? Until you do there is no way to judge recruiting, especially transfer QB. It is no longer this place vs that place, it is who is paying the most money.
nil is being used as an excuse with zero evidence . nc state’s coach was begging for nil money a few weeks ago so I doubt it was that in this specific recruiting battle

Reactions: Yaes
nil is being used as an excuse with zero evidence . nc state’s coach was begging for nil money a few weeks ago so I doubt it was that in this specific recruiting battle
He was begging to be able to keep up with the Alabama, Texas, Clemsons of the world. I’m sure they have a MUCH bigger NIL bank account than we do, and I’m pretty confident that this WAS about that primarily.

With regard to AuburnL and Lobo, why do you let them yank your chain. Too much time and space taken up with these clowns. LIfe is too short. Block them, please!
I just hate the backhanded shots that he throws at UCF sometimes. Then just casually continues on conversing on other topics with everybody like he didn't do it.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
There is also no evidence to indicate otherwise. But it is very clear that halfway decent QBs are commanding a considerable amount of money, him commanding at least half a million dollars would not be surprising in the least bit.

"Talking with a source familiar with the situation, a few factors made a difference in the decision. The all-time passing touchdown leader in Coastal Carolina history likes how he fits in the NC State scheme. He’s also from Indian Trail, North Carolina, which is outside of Charlotte. Being able to play his final college football season in North Carolina played was taken into consideration."

I will also add that while it may be over for UCF with regard to McCall, it is far from over for NC State. At any point a big dog can swoop in and scoop him up.

Same scenario if he had committed to UCF.

Last edited:
It’s almost like people don’t understand the nuances of what constitutes winning football. People see a quarterback throw a ball and think that one player causes a team to win or lose. UCF was a Top 10-20 offense in the country with JRP at quarterback this year. I don’t think it takes a savior at QB to win a few more football games.

Are people are blind to the fact that this was one of the worst run defenses in the country, the team is in desperate need of LB’s and overall depth on defense, and that UCF’s defense let them down considerably more than their offense this season?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT