ADVERTISEMENT

UCF Portal Thread-signings/rumors

So it really is a "paperwork" issue ....

FSU is issuing that paper and it's working!

Super League Money GIF by Anderson .Paak

Last edited:
Hopefully UCF can capitalize on Travis Williams' hard headed azz.

(Now I understand why Jeremiah Jean Baptiste ended up at Ole Piss.)

"Thomas was upset he didn’t have a chance to finish the season with 100 tackles and that Thomas’ mother was even upset at his lack of playing time to end the year.

“I told y’all, Jaheim Thomas felt some type of way about not getting that 100 tackles,” McGhee said. “He felt some type of way, his momma was up in the stands big mad, ‘Why (is) my son not on the field,?’ Because all he needed was a few tackles to get to 100.”

Why do we keep taking Cinci players from a bad team…..that’s 3 now….Gus must like that chili (which tastes nasty)

That said this guy is a good player, in his career 247 tackles, 26 for losses, 6 interceptions

Reactions: tjb74
Why do we keep taking Cinci players from a bad team…..that’s 3 now….Gus must like that chili (which tastes nasty)

That said this guy is a good player, in his career 247 tackles, 26 for losses, 6 interceptions
It gives us two safeties who can cover AND tackle, and a #2 RB who can run through arm tackles, all of which was needed.

Yeah I feel weird about this, that Cinci defense WAS really good before this year, when they sucked. The new coaching staff must be terrible

These guys were evaluated, recruited, signed, and developed by Luke Fickell, who has a pretty good eye for talent and track record for DBs.

They grew up running the 4-2-5 and shouldn't have a large learning curve adjusting to UCF's schemes.

Cincinnati and UCF were the class of the AAC when these guys were coming up through the high school ranks. They probably have as much mutual respect for UCF as UCF does for them.

Why didn’t Fickell want the guys he recruited and developed? We really needed a backup RB? I thought Gus was killing the HS Recruiting? His 3rd class and no backup RB?

Why didn’t Fickell want the guys he recruited and developed?
Good question

Fickle didn't sign any safeties. Must not have been a position of need. Regarding Myles Montgomery, he is from Florida. Maybe Myles didn't want to play in Winsconsin?

We really needed a backup RB? I thought Gus was killing the HS Recruiting? His 3rd class and no backup RB?
Both of Gus's backup RBs ended up at Boston College. :D :D :D

Last edited:
Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay

article recap of an athletic article that I just read. If you look for the athletic article and want to get past the paywall, on a desktop, click on article (don't scroll down). on browser save file on desktop, then click on that to read for free. Interesting article.

Reactions: Guinness_Knight
Good question

Fickle didn't sign any safeties. Must not have been a position of need. Regarding Myles Montgomery, he is from Florida. Maybe Myles didn't want to play in Winsconsin?

Both of Gus's backups RBs ended up at Boston College. :D :D :D
We’re BC’s farm team😀

article recap of an athletic article that I just read. If you look for the athletic article and want to get past the paywall, on a desktop, click on article (don't scroll down). on browser save file on desktop, then click on that to read for free. Interesting article.
Definition of a chicken eater!

"Recruit Says He’d Visit UGA ‘Just For Free Chicken’ When Naming Schools That Spent Most On Prospects"

(Harbaugh would never allow that.)

I also found this interesting.

"...the most recent college football financial report, which says UGA “reached $4.5M” on recruiting spending – one-third more than any other school.'

"Others that made the list of top recruiting spenders, at least in terms of official visits?

Penn State, Michigan, UCF, UCLA, Texas, Cincinnati, Miami, and USC."

I am proud of UCF for making this list!

Well done guys. Well done.

Last edited:
Now this is interesting.

UCF can become Mount Dora (FL) U--just like SMU is becoming Duncanville (TX) U with all its transfers from the Texas powerhouse program.

Per his uGay bio, "C.J. Smith won FHSAA Class 2A state championships in 100-meter and 200-meter as junior, was also runner-up in 4x100-meter relay…led state of Florida and ranked fourth nationally in 100-meter with 10.5 time in 2020-21 season."

I'll take a blazing fast big heavyweight (6-3, 190) over diminutive featherweight (Ric'Darious Farmer, 5-11, 160) any day!

All the Gus offense needs is a deep threat to be complete. Dude is a perfect fit for Heupel and Tennessee, but would love for Gus to sneak him in under the radar.

H.S. Scouting Report
EVALUATED 05/21/2021
Andrew Ivins
DIRECTOR OF SCOUTING

PROJECTION
Power-5 Starter

A true speedster. Has broken 10.3 in the 100-meter and 21.0 in the 200-meter dash making him one of the fastest prospects in the class of 2022. No verified measurements on record, but looks to have some length to him and is believed to be a shade over 6-foot-1. Tracks the ball well over his shoulder. Will also attack it on short little slant routes. Can obviously take the top off a defense with his foot speed and is the type of wide receiver that safeties are always going to have to account for before the snap. Flashed in pads as a junior and then again as a senior, but durability issues are a major concern as he has missed plenty of time due to a variety of injuries including one to his knee. Should be viewed as a developmental type of prospect that could eventually turn into a weapon at the Power 5 level if everything comes together. Must, however, continue to improve as a football player and learn how to consistently create separation against FBS cornerbacks. Ability to get deep in the snap of a finger will likely draw the eyes of NFL scouts one day.

#HometownHero

Last edited:
If UCF gets only one transfer linebacker, I want it to be this guy.

No, he does not have an NFL body. Yes, he is undersized. But he is a "football player."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT