ADVERTISEMENT

UCF Sammy Game Day Thread

Would love to see some more mid to long route passes. Looks like it’s still staying vanilla with the game plan 🤷🏻‍♂️. Lots of runs, lots of screens/check downs. Pittman looks good though. So many weapons. RJ is so good my god, he got better than last year.

Really Glad to have the win but boy after a while is it boring to watch!
Basically we can never fall behind more than 10
or it’s over
Absolutely and after these two games, the scores and the impressive yardage, I hope they don't think they are really that good. The competition is about to get a lot stiffer.

Really Glad to have the win but boy after a while is it boring to watch!

Absolutely and after these two games, the scores and the impressive yardage, I hope they don't think they are really that good. The competition is about to get a lot stiffer.
Yep. It’s why it bothers me that Gus didn’t use these games more effectively in terms of working on things other than our strengths. I don’t believe we worked on a 2 minute drill scenario and obviously we hardly passed the ball. That’s not approp coaching IMHO.

Reactions: U C to the F
Pssst… Montgomery is close to being on RJ’s level based on what I’ve seen so far. Great patience, vision, speed, and power
Come on, over reaction of the year here…Montgomery has been fantastic, but not even close to being on level with RJ. RJ is in a different stratosphere, he’s a top RB in the nation. Again, Montgomery has been fantastic, but they aren’t close at all.

• Haha
Reactions: Robert0122
Yep. It’s why it bothers me that Gus didn’t use these games more effectively in terms of working on things other than our strengths. I don’t believe we worked on a 2 minute drill scenario and obviously we hardly passed the ball. That’s not approp coaching IMHO.
Should have definitely worked on scenario situations, more specifically more items of the passing game. I’m convinced Gus just doesn’t care, just wants to use what is working the best. Problem is, we can easily run against these type teams, we should be working out the wrinkles instead of running it up as we all know we are elite at already. KJ looked vastly improved since last weeks mess, but still so limited. Had him running it, even late in the 3Q. Had flash backs of JRP getting hurt, running it and dropping the shoulder for no reason. Luckily KJ is 280 lbs.

I still think we throttle TCU. Gold & Black colored glasses on with polarized lenses. Hater glasses on too 😎

Last edited:
Reactions: mattropolis
When I was sitting in the North End zone and when UCF offense was coming at us, the option play and fake handoffs is very effective on disguising which way the football is going. RJ being a smaller back is hard to see running off tackle. It's awesome to see from that angle. Fun game to be at tonight. The half hour lightning delay was good as the rain cooled it off as it was blistering hot prior.

Reactions: ReturnOf
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT