ADVERTISEMENT

UCF vs Louisville game thread ⚔️🖤💛

Adversity builds character. We all knew this game was going to be a measuring stick. UL is a good team, they have some talent. Before jumping to conclusions, let's see how we rebound. The sky isn't falling.
**** you, the sky is falling. Our o line blows, we have no reliable qb, and we get penalized more than the raiders. We absolutely are nkt worth the ticket price. I am embarrassed by this group

Yep the biggest disappointment is the o-line. We saw some red flags in the SC State game, but this Herb Hand guy seems like all talk. Especially with such a veteran group. I bet Bowser is regretting his decision to stay, he keeps running into a pile of defenders.

Reactions: Nextfresh17
Adversity builds character. We all knew this game was going to be a measuring stick. UL is a good team, they have some talent. Before jumping to conclusions, let's see how we rebound. The sky isn't falling.
What did Louisville do that was good? They turned over the ball twice on downs on their side of the field. They had 12 penalties, completed 48% of passes, and 4 for 14 on third downs. They were awful.

"character is destiny" Heraclitus 535bc

**** you, the sky is falling. Our o line blows, we have no reliable qb, and we get penalized more than the raiders. We absolutely are nkt worth the ticket price. I am embarrassed by this group
Calm down....take a breath. It's only a second game. It's not the end of the world. We'll regroup.

Crazy to think UCF had extra rest and was home the entire time. Louisville had to travel from Syracuse after a Saturday night game.

What did Louisville do that was good? They turned over the ball twice on downs on their side of the field. They had 12 penalties, completed 48% of passes, and 4 for 14 on third downs. They were awful.
We just have to figure out what Louisville players did to be much faster and quicker than last week and copy them. Our defense seems good up to this point. O line looks horrible and no kicking game and yet we could have won this game. Hope springs eternal...I hope.

Been following this team for over 20 yrs...give it a rest tonight. I've seen worse games. We'll make adjustments. Let the coaches regroup.

Let people vent . That was an awful performance at Home when the fanbase did their part . UCF doesn’t lose games like this at home

Reactions: Yung knight
2nd half was much different...made huge adjustments.

Nope. We lost to a shi**y team…again. We will regroup against the temlples of the world but we are massive fuuuKCd against cincy and smu. This was embarrasing
Winning without a good kicking game makes winning difficult. Winning committing costly penalties makes it very difficult. Winning without a good O line makes it almost impossible. I take solace that things should improve. Time will tell.

Crazy to think UCF had extra rest and was home the entire time. Louisville had to travel from Syracuse after a Saturday night game.
Just think how bad the O line would have played with 1 day less rest. Wait...is that possible?

JRP only looks for 1 receiver. He doesn’t know how to go through progressions. Offensive line sucks… swoboda is terrible. Our receiver core is talented but JRP can’t find the open receiver
In his defense in the second half his O-line didn't give him a lot of time or protection.

And yet they won!

O-line is brutal.
D is solid but can’t get off the field
QB - is one dimensional not a great passer
Special - is trash.
Same as last week but a better opponent.
It will get better.
Hard to put this on the qb, the OL is so bad they gave zero time to throw. Meanwhile, Cunningham has all day to look around and find an open receiver or decide run after we over pursue….again and again. No spy or did they over pursue also?

The play calling was awful. Every QB run was called up the middle for nothing. Use JRP speed and athleticism and bounce it outside, damn it was an awful called game. More Johnny Richardson please, for the love of god…

Don’t get me started on the 2 touchdowns called back for “holding”. I heard the AAC refs would have it out for us but wow, me and my UF buddy couldn’t see what they saw on either. The Swaboda one was a downright atrocious call, literally nothing was holding (even though he had a terrible game). Even the announcers were going overboard to call against us, it was egregious on that “targeting” review.

And btw, Mikey would have been broken in half or had multiple pick 6 with our OL play. I don’t want to hear how he would have been better with 0.5 secs to throw the ball. Terrible OL with no protection and a ton of penalties. We are mediocre again…SMU and Cinci will be tough, I have my doubts about ECU and Memphis now as well with that play calling and the special teams play. Let’s pull a soccer player on the UCF mens or womens team, surely they can punt or kick FG better than what we have..

Reactions: Yaes
And btw, Mikey would have been broken in half or had multiple pick 6 with our OL play. I don’t want to hear how he would have been better with 0.5 secs to throw the ball. Terrible OL with no protection and a ton of penalties. We are mediocre again…SMU and Cinci will be tough, I have my doubts about ECU and Memphis now as well with that play calling and the special teams play. Let’s pull a soccer player on the UCF mens or womens team, surely they can punt or kick FG better than what we have..
Mikey is the answer. The team believes in him. He did not "lose" the QB battle.

• Dislike
Reactions: U C to the F
This loss is on the O line plain and simple. The defense played well all things considered. A running qb doesn't do much good if there is no blocking. The O line should be ashamed of themselves as well as the coaches.
This is exactly my takeaway. Everyone blaming JRP, the qb had no time to throw or make a improvised call. Add that with terrible play calls, that’s a doomed offensive game. Defense played great, hold them to 20 and I’d say we win 99/100. Special teams, OL, play calling and the ref’s bad calls lost this game. Would have like for JRP to improvise more too, he left some open runs out there too. If Mikey was out there, would have been a murder, w/ several Louisville defensive players in jail charged for acts of violence and our OL charged with that 2nd degree felony as an accomplice.

But he did have two touchdowns called back*
You seem like a huge troll, spending a ton of time setting up a pro-UCF narrative only to completely shit on everything when things go bad. Please go back to the Auburn boards where I’m sure they hate you also.

Losing O Keefe hurt especially when they were stacking the box. The speed of the rest of the WR group seems very pedestrian which is disappointing. If O Keefe is out long term, we really need Johnny Richardson to fill that role.

Losing O Keefe hurt especially when they were stacking the box. The speed of the rest of the WR group seems very pedestrian which is disappointing. If O Keefe is out long term, we really need Johnny Richardson to fill that role.
We needed way more Johnny Richardson. Didn’t see him much in 2nd half, he was so good with first half touches. Perplexing offensive strategy 2nd half, mixed with poor OL play all game and really bad officiating (as to be expected I hear, leaving the AAC).

You seem like a huge troll, spending a ton of time setting up a pro-UCF narrative only to completely shit on everything when things go bad. Please go back to the Auburn boards where I’m sure they hate you also.
A troll because I support the returning starter at quarterback? That's interesting. I have ALWAYS been pro Mikey Keene. I have never once written that JRP had done anything to deserve the starting quarterback role.

UCF had a lot of weapons sidelined tonight. Many things didn't make a lot of sense.

But Louisville was the better team and deserved to win. Louisville outrushed UCF and lost the turnover battle, yet still came out on top. UCF had a chance to steal the game at the end. But I would feel no better had UCF won a game it deserved to lose than I do now.

There are multiple problems with this team. Players are undisciplined. The patchwork offensive line looks terrible. Guys I was counting on to help UCF are MIA. Where was MAR? Where was Hudson? The play calling was questionable at times. Why did UCF throw no intermediate routes, no crossing routes, and no man beaters against zero coverage?

I honestly don't think JRP is the answer. That's not a troll. If you do, that's on you.

• Dislike
A troll because I support the returning starter at quarterback? That's interesting. I have ALWAYS been pro Mikey Keene. I have never once written that JRP had done anything to deserve the starting quarterback role.

UCF had a lot of weapons sidelined tonight. Many things didn't make a lot of sense.

But Louisville was the better team and deserved to win. Louisville outrushed UCF and lost the turnover battle, yet still came out on top. UCF had a chance to steal the game at the end. But I would feel no better had UCF won a game it deserved to lose than I do now.

There are multiple problems with this team. Players are undisciplined. The patchwork offensive line looks terrible. Guys I was counting on to help UCF are MIA. Where was MAR? Where was Hudson? The play calling was questionable at times. Why did UCF throw no intermediate routes, no crossing routes, and no man beaters against zero coverage?

I honestly don't think JRP is the answer. That's not a troll. If you do, that's on you.
At least you spelled his name right this time…troll

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT