ADVERTISEMENT

UCF vs Memphis Game Thread ⚔️🖤💛

Difference is, I’m not hating on MK. I’m just really confused at the ppl who think he brings a better dynamic than JRP. MK made a few great passes, a few bad ones, a few costly sacks. JRP has done the same, but has made way more runs, thus opened up the offense way more as well. I can only imagine what he could have done against the 98th worst defensive team, meanwhile y’all are circle jerking to attaining below average.

I guess I look at results and watch the actual games. If you think anyone was going to do well against Louisville or ECU when the OL was blocking no one and the WRs were dropping TD passes, multiple penalties on TD passes…you haven’t been watching the same games.
I am watching the games . not sure what you are watching. QB is about leadership as well and how the team responds to them. You seem like you just don’t want to admit that you could be wrong .

No, I have nothing against MK. I have a HUGE problem with a lot of you guys saying he’s “Joe Montana” or should be the starter. This Memphis Defense is 98th ranked giving up 410 yards a game and 35 points. Our Offense is ranked 5th going 510 yards and scoring 35 points per game. Do you think the 98th worst defense should be holding us to under all our averages on offense? No we should be scoring like crazy on them. JRP brings a dynamic we need.
"Joe Montana made a hall of fame career out of short throws mixed in with the occasional long ball".

You are starting to piss me off. I never said he was Joe Montana. I compared the play calling of high percentage short passes which you were demeaning. You have to be JRP father or something.

How about we just be happy having the problem of 2 solid qbs instead of picking between 2 shitty ones
The question is who do you want to be your starter and who gives you the best chance of winning? Nothing wrong with having your own opinion and it doesn't even have to make sense. Just don't expect everyone else to agree with your logic.

"Joe Montana made a hall of fame career out of short throws mixed in with the occasional long ball".

You are starting to piss me off. I never said he was Joe Montana. I compared the play calling of high percentage short passes which you were demeaning. You have to be JRP father or something.
We were taking about MK, so you were making a comparison between him and Joe Montana, not the play calling. Be more specific next time to make your point.

All this talk anout jrp and mk. Remember how tyler van dyke and miami were going to the playoffs? We have 3 qbs better than that clown

We were taking about MK, so you were making a comparison between him and Joe Montana, not the play calling. Be more specific next time to make your point.
U C to the F said:
WR screens and 5-8 yard outs are high percentage throws.
Joe Montana made a hall of fame career out of short throws mixed in with the occasional long ball.

Seriously...are you drunk? The above speaks for itself and nothing you say can change that.

Difference is, I’m not hating on MK. I’m just really confused at the ppl who think he brings a better dynamic than JRP. MK made a few great passes, a few bad ones, a few costly sacks. JRP has done the same, but has made way more runs, thus opened up the offense way more as well. I can only imagine what he could have done against the 98th worst defensive team, meanwhile y’all are circle jerking to attaining below average.
You have been the biggest MK hater on this board for a while. You are entitled to that opinion but don’t say you’re not hating on MK.

35 points on the road. Keene did his job . It is our ‘superstar’ coordinator and defense as to why this game was this close plus Gus trying to lose the game w some questionable calls and game management
Man I agree completely. Every game I come away with what seems to me so many questionable offensive calls and a defense that plays so far off receivers that it baffels me. So many times the receiver already has, or is, very near the 1st down marker without a defensive player in sight. Just too many times receivers are uncovered.

Last edited:
I have to give Mikey credit. He made some excellent throws today. 3 or 4 passes were probably the best I’ve seen from him.

it wasn’t all perfect, the int was atrocious, and he missed some 3rd down throws that should’ve been conversions, but still he did more than enough to win. Gus has a really hard decision come next week assuming JRP is 100%.

D needs to play better against Tulane.

Reactions: Yaes
I have to give Mikey credit. He made some excellent throws today. 3 or 4 passes were probably the best I’ve seen from him.

it wasn’t all perfect, the int was atrocious, and he missed some 3rd down throws that should’ve been conversions, but still he did more than enough to win. Gus has a really hard decision come next week assuming JRP is 100%.

If our secondary can't tighten up their coverage it's going to get ugly fast. They never seem to improve from their mistakes.

Reactions: Yaes and ucffan642

I have more confidence in MK keeping drives alive on 3rd down, which is a higher percentage passing down.. Any of our stat masters have the 3rd down efficiency for both QBs?

Reactions: Yaes and PhDee
We like MK because the ball moves when he is at QB. With JRP, the offense is clunky, feels like we are always on 3rd down and praying to convert.

"JRP has made more runs and opened up the passing". Yet, MK is throwing with a passing percentage in the 70 precents in his last 2 games after not playing in a game for 10 months. This is our point. Even with JRP's dynamic running ability, the passing game is still significantly worse.

Felt good beating those a-holes after celebrating their targetting penalty
I couldn't believe the announcers were trying to just explain it away like it wasn't a big deal. complete nasty hit and then he runs and does it again on the same play. The guy was clearly accelerating and targeting with the Crown of his helmet.

Regarding celebrating the targeting, I see that every time. I think they got rid of the ejection because it gave the offender a celebratory trot to the locker room afterward. As currently is, they get to fist bump everyone on their team on the sideline.

Joe Montana made a hall of fame career out of short throws mixed in with the occasional long ball.

Seriously...are you drunk? The above speaks for itself and nothing you say can change that.
You compared MK to Joe Montana, one would question if you were drunk when you said this. I agree Joe Montana was a hall of famer playing in a West Coast Offense, nothing like Gus’ offense. What other point are you trying to make?

You have been the biggest MK hater on this board for a while. You are entitled to that opinion but don’t say you’re not hating on MK.
How was I hating on MK in what you responded to? Last year he wasn’t good, I’m well documented on that stance as you noted. The past 2 games I said he played great. All I said was JRP brings a better dynamic to the offense and stated the offensive stats, stated Memphis being one of the worst defenses we have played and having results worse than our average offensive stats during this game winning by 1 score. Thus, I feel JRP would have done better, yet many who have been pining for MK and “hating” on JRP have used this to justify he is the guy. I’m just saying I think JRP would have done better, looking at the whole picture vs the 98th ranked defense (worst defense we have played to date FBS) and having less yards and less points than our average.

We like MK because the ball moves when he is at QB. With JRP, the offense is clunky, feels like we are always on 3rd down and praying to convert.

"JRP has made more runs and opened up the passing". Yet, MK is throwing with a passing percentage in the 70 precents in his last 2 games after not playing in a game for 10 months. This is our point. Even with JRP's dynamic running ability, the passing game is still significantly worse.
Statistically worse or significantly worse? I’m trying to understand what you are quantifying that statement as…your feeling or actual? Completion percent, sure as Gus won’t call many plays with MK in longer than 10 yards, obviously the completion percentage would be better.

Again, I’m not hating, I’m just wondering why you guys have such blind loyalty. JRP prob hangs 50+ on the 98th ranked defense. I’m ecstatic we came away with the win, MK had some nice throws, rushing game dominated and we go into Tulane controlling our own destiny. Some of the same irrational folks want Twill fired lol. It’s crazy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT