ADVERTISEMENT

UCF vs UF in the Gasparilla Bowl???

REAL athletes, no matter who the opponent, don't do fear and go out and compete. I believe we have and have always had that kind of athlete at UCF. No matter who we are slated against, I will be happy to see the likes of Bowser, Barber, Flash, Okeefe, Richards, Richardson, Schneider, Jackson, Pauole, Lee, Goode, Bethune and others go out and compete with skill, courage and the pride that UCF has always known.

In bowl games, much of the victory is having earned the right to be there. In past bowl games we did not back down from Bama, Georgia, Auburn or LSU and we should not even entertain the thought of backing down from anyone now. Charge On!
Do we know how many of the UCF players you mention will actually play? Will Big Cat play?

With Emory Jones entering the transfer portal and Anthony Richardson having surgery, who do the Gators have left at QB for the bowl game?

Never mind I guess Jones plans to play in the bowl game. Interesting.

Never mind I guess Jones plans to play in the bowl game. Interesting.
Very hey guys I'm out, wait I was supposed to wait and say this after the bowl, oops. Hey, can I still play in that bowl game. Interim coach well im only here for the Bowl so yeah, why not. Doesn't send a bad message to the team or anything.

Hopefully he throws 3 more pics like he did agaist FSU.

Reactions: ucfjosh2000
The thing with Nix is he's played in Gus' system for a few years. In a way it's like he's been at ICF for a few years. Can really own and operate the offense.
Very hey guys I'm out, wait I was supposed to wait and say this after the bowl, oops. Hey, can I still play in that bowl game. Interim coach well im only here for the Bowl so yeah, why not. Doesn't send a bad message to the team or anything.

Hopefully he throws 3 more pics like he did agaist FSU.
Have a feeling we'll need 3 picks.

How do you enter the transfer portal and still play with the old team? Eh?

That ain't right. Give the guy who is staying the chance and experience. You quit on your team. Buh Bye.

Yeah, I’m not saying I prefer Emory Jones over Nix or anyone else on next year’s roster. But I don’t think he should be discounted altogether, there are things there I like. Gator fans soured on him because he turned the ball over too much, but he was also following one of the best players in the history of their program.

He’s got good size, completed 67% of his passes last season. He can push it down the field a little bit. And he only took 9 sacks all season.

Obviously, extending plays/making plays with his feet would be the best attribute he could bring. Not a guy I’m 100% clamoring for, but definitely someone who could bridge the gap until TC is ready.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
How do you enter the transfer portal and still play with the old team? Eh?

That ain't right. Give the guy who is staying the chance and experience. You quit on your team. Buh Bye.
Isn't that basically what everyone is mad at Gabriel for not doing? Sounds like he had his mind made up to go to portal, but many felt he should have played the last few weeks when he was able to.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
Isn't that basically what everyone is mad at Gabriel for not doing? Sounds like he had his mind made up to go to portal, but many felt he should have played the last few weeks when he was able to.
Beacuse we want to win the game, duh.

One thing to watch out for as we move closer to the game… covid. You guys seeing how many players are out in the nfl due to positive tests? And all across sports for that matter. Something to watch out for next week

Reactions: UCF49USF42
Here is the Gasparilla Bowl activities schedule for next week. It should be a great time for the players and fans. Does anyone know when the team is heading to Tampa?

Only an hour drive on a bus right? They can probably not even waste money on hotels and just drive for events and return home. Not sure if they will but getting a hotel for a week seems like a waste of money for an hour drive.

Only an hour drive on a bus right? They can probably not even waste money on hotels and just drive for events and return home. Not sure if they will but getting a hotel for a week seems like a waste of money for an hour drive.
On a good day, closer to 2 hours from the campus. Not sure sitting on a bus 4 hours each day would make many players happy. I hope the team stays and gets the full experience.

On a good day, closer to 2 hours from the campus. Not sure sitting on a bus 4 hours each day would make many players happy. I hope the team stays and gets the full experience.
Why not just go to a city further away? Is staying in Tampa exciting as opposed to a city that’s a 2 hour plane flight and rarely visited?

Why not just go to a city further away? Is staying in Tampa exciting as opposed to a city that’s a 2 hour plane flight and rarely visited?
Yea, something like the area around St. Pete Beach or Treasure Island. Didn't mean a sterile Hilton by the stadium.

Is anyone else doing the Tailgreeter event?

$100 per person (use code sunshine for a 30% discount).

Since it's a night game and we have a hotel super close we went ahead and bought the tickets. All inclusive means she will be handling the tickets as we head in.

Tailgate DateThursday, December 23, 2021
Size of the TailgateMonster (100+)
Tailgate Start Time4 HRS before game time
Distance1 MIN walk to the stadium

Join us in Tampa for an ALL-INCLUSIVE Tailgate!

Happy to host all fans for an incredible day of fun and football! If you're looking for the full gameday experience and all that comes with it, then look no further.

This tailgate features:
- Big-screen TVs
- Private bathroom
- Live DJ
- Covered seating areas
- Premium Bar
- Incredible Food from the best local spots in Tampa!
- And all the tailgating games your heart desires!

Tailgate starts 4 hours prior to game time!
* Children under 5 are free ONLY at the tailgate, because if you are cool enough to bring your kids to a tailgate then you shouldn’t have to pay extra. 😎

Really strange answer from Malzahn and the Introductory Bowl presser. Was asked directly about Jaylon Robinson playing (why did someone even ask, he played against USF?), and he gave a very short, “we will see, I don’t know” answer. I’m guessing the question was asked because he wasn’t seen in Tampa? I mean, he played against USF, but maybe he hasn’t been around this month?

For reference, he was asked directly about Bowser playing the question right before, and he definitively said ‘yes’ and went on and on about how important of a player he was, but was brief and completely noncommittal about Robinson.

Doesn’t sound like he’s playing, perhaps not even with the team? Unless there’s a picture of him there someone has seen?

on fb they announce the beach bash is cancelled due to weather.

yeah for Bowser. i saw a photo of Big Kat in UCF football fb page. so he made the trip.

Reactions: tjb74
I predicted Jaylon would not play and either transfer or declare for the draft. He was tight with Dillon and when he came back from his injury it was like he wasn’t even there. Keene wouldn’t even look his way before throwing it away or a screen to Okeefe. You almost can’t blame him and he definitely has enough awesome film from last year and first few games this year to warrant NFL attention.

Gus’ answer of “I don’t know we will see” means to me he’s still with the team but probably contemplating/leaning going pro. Not going to lie, if I'm him I would go pro for sure.

Reactions: PhDee
I predicted Jaylon would not play and either transfer or declare for the draft. He was tight with Dillon and when he came back from his injury it was like he wasn’t even there. Keene wouldn’t even look his way before throwing it away or a screen to Okeefe. You almost can’t blame him and he definitely has enough awesome film from last year and first few games this year to warrant NFL attention.

Gus’ answer of “I don’t know we will see” means to me he’s still with the team but probably contemplating/leaning going pro. Not going to lie, if I'm him I would go pro for sure.
I think he would have announced already if he was opting out for NFL. Sounds like transfer just going by aesthetics.

I agree with you that I wouldn’t blame him for transferring, since this isn’t exactly a vertical-threat offense taking shots down the field Gus is running.

But I would have to disagree about the NFL attention. Ten games of film last year, just just a couple good films this year, is that enough? He potentially has NFL speed and ball skills, I’ll give him that. But he’s a bit undersized to play the “X” receiver at the next level, and he really just had the one good year. I think we tend to overvalue our guys a little bit as far as the NFL goes. I think he’s the top NFL prospect on the roster, but I would still think it’s 50/50 (if that) that he would get drafted.

And like people have already posted on here. He’s already transferred once. Nothing stopping him from doing that again - especially if he just needs one more season of film to ‘prove it’. But that is a lot of moving around in 4-5 years.

And to be fair, I did just find Robinson in a picture that the team posted. So he is there with the team.

But still, very weird/non-committal answer by Gus to a question that didn’t seem to be on anyone’s radar.

Reactions: Knight Strength
And to be fair, I did just find Robinson in a picture that the team posted. So he is there with the team.

But still, very weird/non-committal answer by Gus to a question that didn’t seem to be on anyone’s radar.
The reporter must have known something or he wouldn’t have asked IMO.

OR they’re colluding and playing some next level mind games about our (effectively) 3rd string wr

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT