ADVERTISEMENT

Us embassy in iraq

This has nothing to do with my post.

Ok. Slowly this time. Read your first sentence in your own reply.

The ACA isn't healthcare, it is health insurance. And that is how insurance works. But beyond that, I am pretty sure Wayne was talking about his own premiums, not the tax payer burden, and he can blame his own state for his premiums going way up, that is all I am saying.

Then read my reply. When you layer health providers with mountains of new compliance costs, where do you think that cost goes? Now do you see why we're laughing at the idea that Medicaid expansion alone is why EVERYONE's health care insurance costs got shittier in what used to be very competitive employee based insurance?

And provided insurance a to lot of people, and kept open a lot of rural hospitals that might have closed, etc etc, but those things are to complicated for the people who get their news from memes.
https://www.healthline.com/health-news/obamacare-helped-keep-rural-hospitals-open
At what cost though? Total medical expenditures have gone up 33% since the aca but results are flat. Healthcare went from 3-5% growth year over year to 5-7% over the last 10. All it did was speed up growth which was already higher than it should have been.

At what cost though? Total medical expenditures have gone up 33% since the aca but results are flat. Healthcare went from 3-5% growth year over year to 5-7% over the last 10. All it did was speed up growth which was already higher than it should have been.

Republicans should run with that. We need to close more rural hospitals and kick more people off insurance because healthcare costs are going up too much. Of course I am sure Trump would just blame it on liberal elites so it probably wouldn't cost any votes.

Ok. Slowly this time. Read your first sentence in your own reply.

Then read my reply. When you layer health providers with mountains of new compliance costs, where do you think that cost goes? Now do you see why we're laughing at the idea that Medicaid expansion alone is why EVERYONE's health care insurance costs got shittier in what used to be very competitive employee based insurance?

Nobody said any of this, you don't even know what you are arguing against. You are just a trained seal and anytime you see something about obamacare you have to make sure to bark out some non sense.

Republicans should run with that. We need to close more rural hospitals and kick more people off insurance because healthcare costs are going up too much. Of course I am sure Trump would just blame it on liberal elites so it probably wouldn't cost any votes.

Democrats are running on the idea of bringing costs down. Does that mean they are also running on a platform of closing rural hospitals?

Democrats are running on the idea of bringing costs down. Does that mean they are also running on a platform of closing rural hospitals?

No, as the article I just posted stated, the ACA actually kept a lot of hospitals open. And my guess is that M4A or a publice option would do that to even a greater extent.

No, as the article I just posted stated, the ACA actually kept a lot of hospitals open. And my guess is that M4A or a publice option would do that to even a greater extent.
But they say it will cut costs, correct? How will cutting costs keep rural hospitals open if the only way to do that is to spend more?

But they say it will cut costs, correct? How will cutting costs keep rural hospitals open if the only way to do that is to spend more?

No, they say that more people will be covered and be able to go to the doctor. Costs would come down with things like letting the government negotiate drug prices and things of that nature. Rural hospitals stay open when more people are able to go their to get treatment.

Last edited:
Nobody said any of this, you don't even know what you are arguing against. You are just a trained seal and anytime you see something about obamacare you have to make sure to bark out some non sense.

Or, you're just now butthurt that I called out your assertion and corrected a severely wrong statement from you.

73247907_223cd3c32a_m.jpg

Awwww. Look at little @UCFKnight85 hard at work!

No, they say that more people will be covered and be able to go to the doctor. Costs would come down with things like letting the government negotiate drug prices and things of that nature. Rural hospitals stay open when more people are able to go their to get treatment.
This is great in theory, but pharmaceutical companies love to lobby and provide campaign donations. In practice, what are the chances of big pharma just being like "ok, we'll make less since you say we have to"? No, they are going to fund campaigns for candidates that want to expand their profit margin.

Private health insurers already pay for travel to mexico for people to fill their prescriptions. They are trying to facilitate cutting costs while the federal govt has no incentive to do so, and if they did it would already be obvious because they cover over 1/3rd of our population.

This is great in theory, but pharmaceutical companies love to lobby and provide campaign donations. In practice, what are the chances of big pharma just being like "ok, we'll make less since you say we have to"? No, they are going to fund campaigns for candidates that want to expand their profit margin.

Private health insurers already pay for travel to mexico for people to fill their prescriptions. They are trying to facilitate cutting costs while the federal govt has no incentive to do so, and if they did it would already be obvious because they cover over 1/3rd of our population.

Everything is "in theory" until it is actual policy. Nobody said it would be easy to pass, but just throwing your arms up saying "what can ya do" never got anything passed.

Everything is "in theory" until it is actual policy. Nobody said it would be easy to pass, but just throwing your arms up saying "what can ya do" never got anything passed.
Passing something just because...... is a dangerous solution. Just because a problem exists doesnt mean it can be fixed and often times it can make things much worse, which is what I believe will happen with MFA. I don't think the economics stand behind it and i see how our political system works so the obvious conclusion to me is that it will not only fail but cause a ton of additional problems along the way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT