ADVERTISEMENT

Us embassy in iraq

That’s a show of superiority and strength. That’s how it works. Sorry, we are NEVER going to agree on this principle

It isnt about principle, it is about not starting another war where even more Americans are killed.

Umm, the Iraq war was unprovoked. And also, our relationship with Iran was pretty stable when Trump took office. The tension came when he got out of the Iran deal and issued harsh sanctions for reasons I still dont understand.
The Iraq war was not unprovoked. The Iran deal was a fraud. You’re not a Trump guy, so we aren’t going to agree

The Iraq war was not unprovoked. The Iran deal was a fraud. You’re not a Trump guy, so we aren’t going to agree

It wasnt a fraud and there was no indication it wasnt working and there was no reason to have disbanded it at that point. The only reason to get out of it was for Trump to try to look like a tough guy and put Iran in their place or something. It was nothing more than Trump's pride as to why we got out of it. Getting out of it only escalated tensions that werent present at that moment, and now we see where we are.

And yes the Iraq war was unprovoked.

It wasnt a fraud and there was no indication it wasnt working and there was no reason to have disbanded it at that point. And yes the Iraq war was unprovoked.
If you think that Iran can be trusted based on their history, then we definitely are far apart

The Iraq war ultimately wasn’t about WMDs, but was about a country harboring terrorists

If you think that Iran can be trusted based on their history, then we definitely are far apart

The Iraq war ultimately wasn’t about WMDs, but was about a country harboring terrorists

Everything isnt about history. We cant change history, what we can try and do is change the present and future. But that cant happen if the response is that nothing will work with Iran because of their history, so no reason to even bother trying. If that is the way you look at it, then I assume the only result you would be satisfied with is war? You obviously make it clear you dont want to even attempt diplomacy.

Everything isnt about history. We cant change history, what we can try and do is change the present and future. But that cant happen if the response is that nothing will work with Iran because of their history, so no reason to even bother trying. If that is the way you look at it, then I assume the only result you would be satisfied with is war? You obviously make it clear you dont want to even attempt diplomacy.
Those Iranians are really, really mad now!

Seriously, they don’t understand diplomacy. Never have and never will. Military action is all they understand. Not saying that I want an all out war

Terrorist organizations need to stop killing our people (contractors). We are not in the business of measuring counter responses. We are out to send a strong message. Stop killing our people and stop attacking our Embassies or else!

No more Benghazi’s!

Last edited:
It wasnt a fraud and there was no indication it wasnt working and there was no reason to have disbanded it at that point. The only reason to get out of it was for Trump to try to look like a tough guy and put Iran in their place or something. It was nothing more than Trump's pride as to why we got out of it. Getting out of it only escalated tensions that werent present at that moment, and now we see where we are.

And yes the Iraq war was unprovoked.
They hit us on 9/11 *

Why was this scumbag in Iraq anyway?

I heard rumors that he was promoting his toys for tots holiday program in Baghdad, but I’m skeptical.

Last edited:
This is like W. all over again.

1.) Tax cuts
2.) Booming economy
3.) Regime change in the Middle East
4.) :oops:

But you are also not following history. Terrorist attacks are a response to our being in their land. We have a long history of trying to control the Middle East going back 70 years or so. They dont attack us out of the blue, they dont attack us because they "hate us for our freedoms" or any of that simpleton bullshit. That isnt justifying terror attacks, but it is the reason for them. SO basically we have a circular pattern where we are involved in their countries, they dont like it so they attack us, we respond, etc etc etc. So maybe we should try getting out of the middle east as much as we can and seeing how that works for a while.
Terrorist attacks are a rallying cry for warlords to show that they are strong and their enemies are weak. We are the Great Satan because we support Israel. They also spew a lot of rhetoric about our sinful lifestyles in order to reinforce us as the Great Satan and justify their indoctrination of hate. Being in their land has very little to do with it, other than offering them an closer target to where they are.

Terrorist attacks are a rallying cry for warlords to show that they are strong and their enemies are weak. We are the Great Satan because we support Israel. They also spew a lot of rhetoric about our sinful lifestyles in order to reinforce us as the Great Satan and justify their indoctrination of hate. Being in their land has very little to do with it, other than offering them an closer target to where they are.

This isn't remotely true.

This isn't remotely true.
You have no idea what you’re talking about. You project your rationale on people that don’t remotely think or act the way that you do and dismiss anything to the contrary. I’m sorry, but the whole world does not operate by the way you think.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
You have no idea what you’re talking about. You project your rationale on people that don’t remotely think or act the way that you do and dismiss anything to the contrary. I’m sorry, but the whole world does not operate by the way you think.

Cool, we are still going with they hate us for our freedoms I guess, its almost like Bush never left.

This is getting off topic because Iran is a Shia country and Al-Qaeda and ISIS are Sunni organizations. They despise each other.

You are correct in that they both despise us for our support of Israel. But Osama Bin Laden and Al-Qaeda viewed/view our military bases in Saudi Arabia as a direct threat to Mecca Islam’s holiest city. Now I’m sure the reasons for hate has grown, but our military presence there was a huge reason Osama started against us.

This is getting off topic because Iran is a Shia country and Al-Qaeda and ISIS are Sunni organizations. They despise each other.

You are correct in that they both despise us for our support of Israel. But Osama Bin Laden and Al-Qaeda viewed/view our military bases in Saudi Arabia as a direct threat to Mecca Islam’s holiest city. Now I’m sure the reasons for hate has grown, but our military presence there was a huge reason Osama started against us.

No no, they only hate us for our freedom. Bin Laden openly stating he wanted us out of Saudi Arabia had nothing to do with anything, and our constant meddling in the Middle East has nothing to do with anything. Just our freedom, that's it, they just hate us for our freedom.

Not going to judge this one way or another. I would have preferred congressional approval for preemptive acts of war but I understand it's not always possible.

My main issues is that Trump can't be trusted to do this for the good of the country when he currently sits impeached for using tax payer money to undercut his potential election opponent through foreign policy.

It would be nice if he were trustworthy but even his staunchest supporters acknowledge that he lies all the time.

No no, they only hate us for our freedom. Bin Laden openly stating he wanted us out of Saudi Arabia had nothing to do with anything, and our constant meddling in the Middle East has nothing to do with anything. Just our freedom, that's it, they just hate us for our freedom.

What in the fuk are you talking about? We've never had a military base in Saudi Arabia; we nearly did following the first Gulf War but we agreed not to put one there due to the optics in the region. We had troops there, temporarily, trying to repel a sadistic asshole from capturing the country that houses Mecca and Medina. Yea, wow, so much reason for OBL to hate us for those actions!

Please, stop with the Blame America tired, old cliché. Osama Bin Laden killed Americans because he was a religious zealot that found a calling in leading other young religious zealots in Jihad and America was the biggest prize they had tot aim for. He did not devote his life to killing Americans simply because we once had a troop presence in Saudi Arabia, there purely to help defend his own goddamn homeland.

Another Trump distraction.

If he doesn't get impeached, do you think we still kill this guy?

If you want to see yet another unpatriotic, crazed left wing response, here you have it.

The Quds Force is a terrorist wing of the Iranian regime who has killed more Americans than ISIS could have ever dreamed of, up to and including last week, yet here is Trel MK taking up sides with the Iranians to make this yet another pathetic Trump partisan pissing match.

These guys are inside Iraq actively targeting our troops and contractors and yet here you are, mindlessly bitching about Trump.

You're pathetic.

I don't have access to the intel behind the decision and I likely never will. The messaging that comes out of this won't be trustworthy after the whole Ukraine situation. I used to believe that the good people in our government were robust enough to expose misuse of power but it was litterally 1 person who brought Ukraine to light. If they had decided not to we would never know and everyone would have covered it up. Same could happen here. This strike could be 100% justified but most of the American public won't trust Trump as the messenger because of his history of lies.

What in the fuk are you talking about? We've never had a military base in Saudi Arabia; we nearly did following the first Gulf War but we agreed not to put one there due to the optics in the region. We had troops there, temporarily, trying to repel a sadistic asshole from capturing the country that houses Mecca and Medina. Yea, wow, so much reason for OBL to hate us for those actions!

Please, stop with the Blame America tired, old cliché. Osama Bin Laden killed Americans because he was a religious zealot that found a calling in leading other young religious zealots in Jihad and America was the biggest prize they had tot aim for. He did not devote his life to killing Americans simply because we once had a troop presence in Saudi Arabia, there purely to help defend his own goddamn homeland.

I didn't say a word about military bases but thank you for your well reasoned response that had nothing to do with what I said.

I don't have access to the intel behind the decision and I likely never will. The messaging that comes out of this won't be trustworthy after the whole Ukraine situation. I used to believe that the good people in our government were robust enough to expose misuse of power but it was litterally 1 person who brought Ukraine to light. If they had decided not to we would never know and everyone would have covered it up. Same could happen here. This strike could be 100% justified but most of the American public won't trust Trump as the messenger because of his history of lies.

The problem isn't really the justification of the strike. This was a bad guy and deserved to die, so it can be justified from that regard. The problem is what kind of can of worms did we just open and where does it go from here, and do we have any sort of plan with regards to what could come next?

The problem isn't really the justification of the strike. This was a bad guy and deserved to die, so it can be justified from that regard. The problem is what kind of can of worms did we just open and where does it go from here, and do we have any sort of plan with regards to what could come next?
Unless he was actively planning an attack, we don't just kill political leaders who are bad guys. MBS is basically BFFs with this admin and he's a bad guy.

How about this?

This guy just ordered the killing of an American this past week and attempted 30 other strikes prior, all in a country in which we have a legal mandate to be in at the request of the host country?

Or how about this?

This guy personally directed his forces to target and kill American troops in Iraq for years and years prior and did so, with most of the heaviest casualties in Fallujah coming at the hands of his Iranian militias?

We wouldn't tolerate a terrorist ring leader actively killing our citizens abroad so why would we tolerate this asshole simply because he runs terrorism with an Iranian uniform on?

How about this?

This guy just ordered the killing of an American this past week and attempted 30 other strikes prior, all in a country in which we have a legal mandate to be in at the request of the host country?

Or how about this?

This guy personally directed his forces to target and kill American troops in Iraq for years and years prior and did so, with most of the heaviest casualties in Fallujah coming at the hands of his Iranian militias?

We wouldn't tolerate a terrorist ring leader actively killing our citizens abroad so why would we tolerate this asshole simply because he runs terrorism with an Iranian uniform on?

Do you even read my posts before you respond? I said you could justify his killing because he has obviously done bad things, so I am not sure what you are arguing with me about. But justifying his killing doesn't mean there wont be a response, and that is the part that concerns me. If we actually have a strategy or plan for what comes next.

How about this?

Or how about this?

Putin kills Americans, Germans, British. Should we try to assassinate him?

Do you even read my posts before you respond? I said you could justify his killing because he has obviously done bad things, so I am not sure what you are arguing with me about. But justifying his killing doesn't mean there wont be a response, and that is the part that concerns me. If we actually have a strategy or plan for what comes next.

The Quds Force was designated as a terrorist organization in 2007. This is a terrorist regime we are dealing with. They are actively killing our citizens and targeting our citizens. This guy led that operation.

"Bad things" doesn't begin to describe what these cretins do.

Cool, we are still going with they hate us for our freedoms I guess, its almost like Bush never left.
Ah, right. You sitting in front of your computer in the heartland of America progressed in your enlightenment to the point where the same people and tribal ideologies in the ME that have been killing people for decades have absolutely come around to your way of thinking. Oh, and Bush is evil. Got it.

You’re so enlightened that I’m sure you know there are Hamas and Al Qaeda cells in Asian countries, right? Last I saw, RoK and Taiwan never occupied the Middle East. So, if it’s not for spreading an ideology and staging attacks to bolster their reputation, tell me why they would ever go through the expense and trouble to set up cells in those countries?

The Quds Force was designated as a terrorist organization in 2007. This is a terrorist regime we are dealing with. They are actively killing our citizens and targeting our citizens. This guy led that operation.

"Bad things" doesn't begin to describe what these cretins do.

Again, we know this, and has nothing to do with my point, so have a good rest of your day.

I didn't say a word about military bases but thank you for your well reasoned response that had nothing to do with what I said.

I did. It was an oversimplification for an American presence in the Holy Kingdom. He wanted to defend the country and region with the Arab Legion or whatever, but the royal family went with an American presence. His religious zeal and lunacy and not wanting foreigners near the Holy land and cities are one in the same.

But it’s off topic for Iran today so it doesn’t matter...

Ah, right. You sitting in front of your computer in the heartland of America progressed in your enlightenment to the point where the same people and tribal ideologies in the ME that have been killing people for decades have absolutely come around to your way of thinking. Oh, and Bush is evil. Got it.

You’re so enlightened that I’m sure you know there are Hamas and Al Qaeda cells in Asian countries, right? Last I saw, RoK and Taiwan never occupied the Middle East. So, if it’s not for spreading an ideology and staging attacks to bolster their reputation, tell me why they would ever go through the expense and trouble to set up cells in those countries?

Cool.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT