ADVERTISEMENT

Wal Mart paying people more, extending benefits thanks to Tax Law

This thread started to talk up Wal-Mart's wage increases from tax cut savings and were not allowed to bring up the fact that they used tax cut savings to buy back stock while laying off employees and cutting stores?

You were trying to justify the government taking in less revenue because of how much it would benefit the American worker but if you point out that it only primarially has benefited the ownership of Wal-Mart you reply "Wal-Mart is not a charity" well the American government is not a charity. We have exploded the national deficit under this tax plan. We've essentially borrowed so Wal-Mart can buy back stock.

This doesn't help you or me or republicans or democrats. It specifically helps Wal-Mart ownership and proves you'll suck trumps droopy orange nutsack as he ****s you from behind.

So do you believe businesses should have profits limited by the government?

I'm glad my point was once again made in this thread. The first 4 posts are just 85 and Bob being sarcastic pricks and circle jerking each other.

Providing quotes from members of congress is being a sarcastic prick? I'll have to remember that the next time you quote someone.

Providing quotes from members of congress is being a sarcastic prick? I'll have to remember that the next time you quote someone.

Its' clear that him and fried are going to whine about us for any points we make that they don't like.

You're the one name calling in every thread because you can't have a civil argument. You're turning into ninja.

lmao.

Literally the only thing funnier than 85 whining about people whining was you trying to explain the 1st amendment to people literally hours after learning how it worked (thanks to me).

I believe we should charge a shit ton of taxes for access to sell to the richest market in the world.

That'd be great. We can run off our companies into the arms of Canada, Europe and Asia where tax rates are lower.

Afterall, companies only exist in America to be gouged by the government!

lmao.

Literally the only thing funnier than 85 whining about people whining was you trying to explain the 1st amendment to people literally hours after learning how it worked (thanks to me).

lol! Almost as funny as insanely accusing someone of wanting to commit genocide. lol!

I don't name call or lob personal attacks. You immediately discredit yourself and lose the argument by doing that.

Did my credibility matter before? Have any of my arguments ever been met with anything other than "I'm a typical left-wing pansy" anyway?

Did my credibility matter before? Have any of my arguments ever been met with anything other than "I'm a typical left-wing pansy" anyway?

Actually yes. You used to make points that most of us agreed with. But lately you’ve fallen into the victim trap of whining about us and adopting tired liberal narratives instead.

I don't name call or lob personal attacks. You immediately discredit yourself and lose the argument by doing that.

[roll]

holy shit my sides. 85 just liked this. I can't take it anymore. The amount of hypocrisy in this thread will break the internet.

Actually yes. You used to make points that most of us agreed with. But lately you’ve fallen into the victim trap of whining about us and adopting tired liberal narratives instead.

Oh. My memory must be fried from all that liberal sh!t I do, I would love to know when you've agreed with things I've said. I also rarely post on here nowadays so, hmm...

Oh. My memory must be fried from all that liberal sh!t I do, I would love to know when you've agreed with things I've said. I also rarely post on here nowadays so, hmm...

You certainly used to make points where even if I disagreed, I understood where you were coming from.

Just because you disagree with someone politically doesn't mean you can't respect their beliefs.

You certainly used to make points where even if I disagreed, I understood where you were coming from.

I've posted in 5 threads in the WC since September of last year. Nothing has changed other than me lurking and seeing you pretty much blitz every thread that's made on here.* You actually have a very "Trump Quality" in how you speak/post.

Start by belittling a group of people - insist you have done nothing wrong - while still belittling the group of people and then wait until they either get so angry you have ammo you can then turn against them or they give up because it's not worth it anymore and you feel like you've won.

**Full disclosure - it's not just you but you're typically involved.

I've posted in 5 threads in the WC since September of last year. Nothing has changed other than me lurking and seeing you pretty much blitz every thread that's made on here.* You actually have a very "Trump Quality" in how you speak/post.

Start by belittling a group of people - insist you have done nothing wrong - while still belittling the group of people and then wait until they either get so angry you have ammo you can then turn against them or they give up because it's not worth it anymore and you feel like you've won.

**Full disclosure - it's not just you but you're typically involved.

Well, most of the time, at least since January last year, we've been simply responding to the utter insane levels of hate and insults that come from people like Ninja, who ONLY reappeared here after Trump's election.

And yet, you devote no time whining about him. A guy who uses "retard" as an insult and accuses Bob of wanting to exterminate Muslims (lol!).

For that reason, we think you've become nothing more than a whiny, partisan hack.

Well, most of the time, at least since January last year, we've been simply responding to the utter insane levels of hate and insults that come from people like Ninja, who ONLY reappeared here after Trump's election.

And yet, you devote no time whining about him. A guy who uses "retard" as an insult and accuses Bob of wanting to exterminate Muslims (lol!).

For that reason, we think you've become nothing more than a whiny, partisan hack.

I haven't whined about anyone, including you, until this week. What was your excuse for calling me a partisan hack prior to that? That's my issue - your tone and use of labels to define groups of people just rubs me the wrong way. I get that plenty of liberals do it too - but you apply that to anyone who associated with "liberal beliefs" instead of listening to the actual individual.

It's more an issue with you because I would actually like to have a discussion with you on most of these topics but the minute you throw in snowflake, liberal hack, progressive libtard, any desire to actual engage in discussion with you is gone.

I haven't whined about anyone, including you, until this week. What was your excuse for calling me a partisan hack prior to that? That's my issue - your tone and use of labels to define groups of people just rubs me the wrong way. I get that plenty of liberals do it too - but you apply that to anyone who associated with "liberal beliefs" instead of listening to the actual individual.

It's more an issue with you because I would actually like to have a discussion with you on most of these topics but the minute you throw in snowflake, liberal hack, progressive libtard, any desire to actual engage in discussion with you is gone.

Now I can tell you're just throwing around anything because I have never called you a "progressive libtard". It's like you're just absorbing whatever you hear from others and directing your whining at me.

My first point stands though. You and fried have decided to wage a complaint war against me, Bob, fab, etc yet you have given total free passes to people like Ninja, who has easily been the most angry, nasty, deranged individual on this board. My only conclusion then is that you don't whine about him because generally speaking he holds the same political views as you. Hence the "partisan hack" comment.

I can agree with this. As much as I appreciate the content of 85's posts and what he's trying to communicate, he can be a condescending mofo. Ninja takes it to a way different level. Bob is pretty good and 99% of the time just likes a discussion.

Reactions: UCFWayne
I can agree with this. As much as I appreciate the content of 85's posts and what he's trying to communicate, he can be a condescending mofo. Ninja takes it to a way different level. Bob is pretty good and 99% of the time just likes a discussion.

In my defense I never claimed to be nice. I just enjoy pointing out stupidity when I see it (and not in a nice way).

That'd be great. We can run off our companies into the arms of Canada, Europe and Asia where tax rates are lower.

Afterall, companies only exist in America to be gouged by the government!
We were doing fine before the tax cut. We cut taxes to stimulate an already growing economy?

Also, Canada Europe and Asia companies don't have the same free access to the largest market in the world.

We were doing fine before the tax cut. We cut taxes to stimulate an already growing economy?

Also, Canada Europe and Asia companies don't have the same free access to the largest market in the world.

Stagnant wages and lowest GDP growth in decades. We need to strive for more than "doing fine".

We were doing fine? Tell that to the people who hadn't seen a real wage increase in years. GDP was growing at a rate that is well below the historical average for our entire duration as a country. That's "doing fine"?

Why do you want to "tax the shit" out of corporations? What economic benefit comes from that?

As to your last point- LOL. We have trade agreements with Canada and Europe and most of Asia- they ALL have free access to our market. How do you think the foreign things you buy get here? That's my whole point- they have undeterred access to our market yet we were driving away OUR companies to incorporate overseas, then sell back into the US. Is that what you want?

So do you believe businesses should have profits limited by the government?

This has never been suggested.
However, to do business in the United States, corporations should be forced to provide certain pay and benefits to ensure our system doesn't collapse into a third-world caste system like India. Our economy as a whole is the most wealthy in the world, but we have nothing to show for it. We pay more for healthcare, with poorer results. We pay more for education, with poorer results. Our infrastructure is crumbling. Our middle class is shrinking, lower class is growing, and ultra-high class is holding a growing bulk of the wealth.
One day you guys might understand this isn't healthy for an economy. One day you might stop believing that the typical worker gaining $1000 in stock isn't significant when the total wealth gained is multiple times that amount. One day you'll stop making dumb arguments about hating the rich and see the issue is sustainability of Capitalism. Capitalism will not sustain down this path where wages for 90+% of workers remain stagnant and people are mere servants to make more wealth for the small numbers of corporate owners.

FYI...wages are still stagnant. Just because a minuscule percentage of corporations have given pay raises or bonuses doesn't change the overall trend.

Who controls all of that?

For the education piece it's simple- parents. We could spend 100% more on each child in this country and likely barely move the needle. There is a generation of parents, millions of them, who simply do not give a shit about their kids and vice versa. No amount of funding or legion of teachers can replace having someone at home that cares enough to assure a kid is doing the homework and continuing with their education.

PS- I always thought we underspend on education. Now I'm told we overspend. It's a constant moving target i guess.

Who controls all of that?

A government who has been bought and paid for by the corporations you believe will benefit our overall economy if only they receive tax breaks. I post an article that shows they already aren't helping the economy, but are helping their own wallets, and you morons still think they are going to make the whole system better. They haven't done it in the past 35 years since Reagan, we've already had one Great Depression caused by this asinine thinking, and yet you guys still can't remove your heads from your asses and realize that our economy can't count on corporations to do what is necessary to grow the entire Capitalist system.

For the education piece it's simple- parents. We could spend 100% more on each child in this country and likely barely move the needle. There is a generation of parents, millions of them, who simply do not give a shit about their kids and vice versa. No amount of funding or legion of teachers can replace having someone at home that cares enough to assure a kid is doing the homework and continuing with their education.

PS- I always thought we underspend on education. Now I'm told we overspend. It's a constant moving target i guess.

Have you ever actually stepped outside of your white suburb? Do you know a single poor person? Have you ever actually seen a child who is forced to grow up in a hotel room?
Judging by this comment and your comments in the thread about Food Stamps, you've never actually interacted with anyone outside of your cookie-cutter Edward Scissorhands white suburb.

A government who has been bought and paid for by the corporations you believe will benefit our overall economy if only they receive tax breaks. I post an article that shows they already aren't helping the economy, but are helping their own wallets, and you morons still think they are going to make the whole system better. They haven't done it in the past 35 years since Reagan, we've already had one Great Depression caused by this asinine thinking, and yet you guys still can't remove your heads from your asses and realize that our economy can't count on corporations to do what is necessary to grow the entire Capitalist system.

So you want to give more power and money to a government that is so easily corrupted? Makes sense.

ADVERTISEMENT