ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome to the Trump Shutdown

So how long does Pelosi, Schumer and Trump huff n puff before agreeing to some kind of bill. They are all equally at fault for what is going on.

smh. This is why people think you have mental problems. Donald already said he'd own the damn shutdown. Now he's tweeted that it's the democrats' fault--I guess in part to keep geniuses like you in line.

So how long does Pelosi, Schumer and Trump huff n puff before agreeing to some kind of bill. They are all equally at fault for what is going on.

It's literally like you are trying to think of the stupidest fuking thing in the world to say, and then you delete it because it made too much sense.

You are a fuking idiot.

smh. This is why people think you have mental problems. Donald already said he'd own the damn shutdown. Now he's tweeted that it's the democrats' fault--I guess in part to keep geniuses like you in line.

Trump can own it, that is fine. You still have sides not willing to give an inch.
At first there was 1.6 billion on the table, Trump wanted 5 billion, dems went to 0, Republicans went to 5.7. Dems answered with 0 for the wall and we are not going to play. Sorry Joe that is 2 sides dug in not willing to work on a solution. And you can blame it all on one side, but it takes 2 to fight. This less about the wall than inside beltway Dems hating Trump.

This genius, went to college, did not stay for 4 years, Has started 3 profitable businesses over his life time the last of which has been operating profitably for 30+ years competing in the real world. 75% of businesses that open survive 3 years or less, what are the odds of one making it 30 years. I didn't play chicken and stay in school for a lifetime, Get out of your damn elitist bubble for a change. A lifetime in school is for those with average intellects, and no drive. Those who can do, those who can't teach.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Trump can own it, that is fine. You still have sides not willing to give an inch.
At first there was 1.6 billion on the table, Trump wanted 5 billion, dems went to 0, Republicans went to 5.7. Dems answered with 0 for the wall and we are not going to play. Sorry Joe that is 2 sides dug in not willing to work on a solution. And you can blame it all on one side, but it takes 2 to fight. This less about the wall than inside beltway Dems hating Trump.

This genius, went to college, did not stay for 4 years, Has started 3 profitable businesses over his life time the last of which has been operating profitably for 30+ years competing in the real world. 75% of businesses that open survive 3 years or less, what are the odds of one making it 30 years. I didn't play chicken and stay in school for a lifetime, Get out of your damn elitist bubble for a change. A lifetime in school is for those with average intellects, and no drive. Those who can do, those who can't teach.

LMAO. Give me a freaking break. You've bellyached for years on how badly you've done and now I am supposed to believe you're 30 years into a profitable business plus two others? HAHAHHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAAH. Apparently old age has made you a great storyteller on top of being an idiot.

Yes, we academicians have average intellects. That's rich coming from a college dropout. AND HOLY SHIT!!! I'VE NEVER HEARD THOSE WHO CAN'T DO TEACH!!!! OMG WHERE DID YOU GET THAT ONE?!?!?!?! GOT ANY MORE FRESH TAKES, CAN'T FINISHER?!?!

If my kid wants an expensive toy and I say 'no' and he proceeds to have a temper tantrum and screams he wants it and WANTS IT NOW....

THAT is an example of 'two sides not willing to give an inch'???
Your analogy is off. Trump ran on a platform that had the wall as a central piece and he’s trying to follow up on an election promise. Congress and the Presidency are also co-equal which would make them peers, not the parental-child relationship in your analogy. Given both of the above, Trump has far more standing than your child and Congress has less standing than your parent.

Joe, My business did suffer after the crash in 08/09. My income was cut in 1/2, but never lost money.
About the time we had regained 1/2 of the lost business The the Sierra club pushed local govt to do new laws. Those laws had little to no basis in science, were supposedly designed to help clean the rivers. Those laws tripled the cost of fertilizer that I could use, while also increasing the distance I had to stay away from waterways from 4ft to 15ft. Homeowners canceled in huge #s that had canal front lots, because I could no longer do back yards on many. Now they do their own lawns, fertilizing right up to and in many cases directly into those same waterways. Causing much more nutrients to be added to the rivers, which have gotten worse since law took hold.
So yes My business took 2 big hits in 10 years, both of whom the Gov't making stupid decisions played a big part of, but no I never lost $$ and no I didn't go out of business.

Your analogy is off. Trump ran on a platform that had the wall as a central piece and he’s trying to follow up on an election promise.

Trump supporters want to conveniently forget that the central piece of his border wall 'promise' was having Mexico pay for it. Hell, at all of his campaign rallies (before and after his election) when Trump would ask, "And who's going to pay for it?" all the people would loudly chant "MEXICO!"

The most sickening part of this whole thing is that the same politicians who were saying during the Obama years that we really need to balance the federal budget are strangely silent as Trump demands billions (yes, billions with a "B") of taxpayer money we don't have to fund his stupid wall.

Trump supporters want to conveniently forget that the central piece of his border wall 'promise' was having Mexico pay for it. Hell, at all of his campaign rallies (before and after his election) when Trump would ask, "And who's going to pay for it?" all the people would loudly chant "MEXICO!"

The most sickening part of this whole thing is that the same politicians who were saying during the Obama years that we really need to balance the federal budget are strangely silent as Trump demands billions (yes, billions with a "B") of taxpayer money we don't have to fund his stupid wall.
Whether Mexico pays for it or not, America needs to do something about controlling that southern border. Illegal immigration isn’t even the worst problem on that border; it’s the smuggling of damn near everything, including people, that needs to be curtailed.

You’re a gun control guy. We could enact your wildest dream and ban all weapons of any kind in this country today. But that wouldn’t stop a free flowing of illegal weapons across that border, and while that occurred I believe that an outright ban would actually make this country more dangerous for law-abiding citizens. See Chicago as an micro-example.

Whether Mexico pays for it or not, America needs to do something about controlling that southern border. Illegal immigration isn’t even the worst problem on that border; it’s the smuggling of damn near everything, including people, that needs to be curtailed.

Building a 25 billion dollar border wall today is like building the ultimate VHS tape player in the early 2000s. It's already obsolete and laughably ineffective before construction starts.

In an era when we have high tech, home surveillance security that has the ability to alert an owner when someone is even approaching his house, you've got to know that there are a hell of a lot of better -- and far cheaper -- ways of protecting ourselves than building a wall that can't feasibly cover the entire length of the border in the first place. It's all show.

Building a 25 billion dollar border wall today is like building the ultimate VHS tape player in the early 2000s. It's already obsolete and laughably ineffective before construction starts.

In an era when we have high tech, home surveillance security that has the ability to alert an owner when someone is even approaching his house, you've got to know that there are a hell of a lot of better -- and far cheaper -- ways of protecting ourselves than building a wall that can't feasibly cover the entire length of the border in the first place. It's all show.
You say the wall is ineffective based on what? Your opinion? A leftist narrative?

In Europe where they’ve been building walls to deter illegal immigration, they are actually seeing a reduction in border crossings. That’s why there are more countries building walls.

So find me some studies that actually prove a wall does not deter illegal immigration and smuggling of illicit goods.

You’re a gun control guy. We could enact your wildest dream and ban all weapons of any kind in this country today. But that wouldn’t stop a free flowing of illegal weapons across that border, and while that occurred I believe that an outright ban would actually make this country more dangerous for law-abiding citizens. See Chicago as an micro-example.
It doesn't mean you don't try. If we stop 40% of bad gun killings that's better than zero (so is 20 or 30%). The NRA wants the opposite.

You say the wall is ineffective based on what? Your opinion? A leftist narrative?

In Europe where they’ve been building walls to deter illegal immigration, they are actually seeing a reduction in border crossings. That’s why there are more countries building walls.

So find me some studies that actually prove a wall does not deter illegal immigration and smuggling of illicit goods.
Look at Britian's Years murder total by firearms. NO FKN COMPARISON TO THE RED HAT USA....merica

It doesn't mean you don't try. If we stop 40% of bad gun killings that's better than zero (so is 20 or 30%). The NRA wants the opposite.
The NRA doesn’t want bad gun killings. Have you ever actually looked st what the NRA does rather than read whatever websites you read tell you they do?

Common Sense. :) The border is 2,000 miles long. There are many areas where the construction of a border wall isn't even feasible.
I agree that there are places that a wall doesn’t make sense, but then again, you probably don’t have illegal entry in those places. Other than that, you have nothing but your opinion. Got it.

Reactions: Knight_Light
Common Sense. :) The border is 2,000 miles long. There are many areas where the construction of a border wall isn't even feasible.

I agree a 2000 mile wall is not going to happen. 1000 miles can happen. where it goes up the invasion is cut 90%. You need far less people to cover those 1k miles. and then you have more people/drones ect to cover the other 1k miles.

This Wall obsession is bait set by Trump for the poorly educated , it’s nothing more than symbolism that ‘they are losing their Country’ paranoia. Border Crossings are down and there is just as much if not more immigration coming into this Country from Asia.

The nut job in the White House has spent the first half of Christmas Eve rage tweeting run on sentences

Congress had a veto proof majority bill ready to go. But Paul Ryan didn’t want to bring it to the floor.

This Wall obsession is bait set by Trump for the poorly educated , it’s nothing more than symbolism that ‘they are losing their Country’ paranoia. Border Crossings are down and there is just as much if not more immigration coming into this Country from Asia.

The nut job in the White House has spent the first half of Christmas Eve rage tweeting run on sentences

That is why most rich well educated people live in gated/walled communities. Walls are only to be used by them..

That is why most rich well educated people live in gated/walled communities.

Baloney.

Yes, there are gated communities spread through our cities across our country. But they are far from the rule. They simply reflect the fact that Trump's 'we NEED a wall' phobia is not unique and rooted in our species ages-old response to fear.

I’m so disappointed that this wall is not free anymore.

You have to be trolling. No one can possibly be this fuking inbred and know how to turn on a computer.

It's always GREAT!!!! to see people with families who can't work or collect pay while the assholes who put it into effect are still drawing their damn paychecks.

This is the mentality of a college flunky.

It's always GREAT!!!! to see people with families who can't work or collect pay while the assholes who put it into effect are still drawing their damn paychecks.

This is the mentality of a college flunky.
They’re going to get paid. It’ll be later than they expected, but they’ll get paid.

It does, but it’s not like it came out of the blue. They should’ve been doing the very least responsible thing and saving enough money for an emergency fund.

Come on, dude. Again, easier said than done when you’re living paycheck to paycheck. And there are many people who can barely make ends meet, much less hold extra money and just sit on it.

Come on, dude. Again, easier said than done when you’re living paycheck to paycheck. And there are many people who can barely make ends meet, much less hold extra money and just sit on it.
Don’t come on dude me. Living paycheck to paycheck for most is a lifestyle choice. People with federal government jobs are making enough money to be able to save a 3 month emergency fund. We have to reset our expectations as a society and start living like someone else will take care of us if something bad happens. It’s called personal responsibility and it’s time we stopped making excuses for people who have none.

Don’t come on dude me. Living paycheck to paycheck for most is a lifestyle choice. People with federal government jobs are making enough money to be able to save a 3 month emergency fund. We have to reset our expectations as a society and start living like someone else will take care of us if something bad happens. It’s called personal responsibility and it’s time we stopped making excuses for people who have none.

I'll do it again: Come on, dude.

And again:

Come on, dude.

Again, easier said than done for MANY people.

Come on, dude.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
I'll do it again: Come on, dude.

And again:

Come on, dude.

Again, easier said than done for MANY people.

Come on, dude.
Life isn’t easy. Priority 1 should be stability. Are you intellectually honest enough to say that most people can save up money for an emergency fund with a little lifestyle change?

Life isn’t easy. Priority 1 should be stability. Are you intellectually honest enough to say that most people can save up money for an emergency fund with a little lifestyle change?

Emergency funds for a rainy day, yes. Three months? Again, few people on fixed incomes can do that. Don’t act like this is something everyone and their brother CAN do.

Emergency funds for a rainy day, yes. Three months? Again, few people on fixed incomes can do that. Don’t act like this is something everyone and their brother CAN do.
Federal government employees are not on a fixed income. We are talking about federal employees, right?

LMAO

They should have decided to not be poor. Duh. Don't know why they haven't tried that.

LMAO

They should have decided to not be poor. Duh. Don't know why they haven't tried that.
You realize that the only people not getting repaid are janitors and food service workers in DC. Last shutdown, that was 1200 people. SNAP and school meals are funded through at least the end of February and Congress can fund them even in a shutdown. As can the states. So let’s at least talk honestly about who this is affecting.

As for poor people choosing to be poor, I didn’t say that but just because you are low income doesn’t necessarily mean you can’t squirrel away money for an emergency fund. But I’m not talking about them in this thread.

Taking the people on assistance out of the equation, there are a lot of people who live paycheck to paycheck because they simply are not financially responsible. We need to get these people to start being responsible. Pivoting the discussion to the nearly indigent because you have a need to portray me as heartless doesn’t help the situation.

ADVERTISEMENT