ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome to the Trump Shutdown

Nope. Pelosi has indicated that ending the Government shutdown is the first condition for negotiations.

If a bi-partisan bill was 'in the works' last year, why wasn't it signed, sealed, and delivered with a Republican House, Republican Senate, and a Republican President? In fact, why the hell wasn't it done in Trump's first year if it was such a crisis?

Nancy Pelosi runs 1/2 of one branch of government. Despite what her adoring left wing extremists tell her, she doesn't control the government. The President and the Senate are standing by to move forward with a bill that MEETS the Democrats' "stated" demands.

If she wants to be intransigent and refuse to reopen government despite getting what her own party is on record wanting, then fine. She is appeasing the extremists on her left flank.

But she now owns the shut down.

Pelosi/DNC Shut Down 2019.

Pelosi/DNC Shut Down 2019.

LOL Tell your tall tales to the American People who aren't buying it. They've made it crystal clear who they hold responsible for this stupid government shutdown--and it sure as hell ain't Pelosi.

There is no doubt in my mind that Trump is using the wall as a political chess piece in preparation for 2020. If he somehow gets it, he can run on the Democrats caving to his demands and make them look weak. If he doesn't,

If the wall funding were this important to Trump, why didn't he demand it from day 1 when he had two years of a GOP House and Senate? It is no coincidence that it was all of the sudden a huge issue as soon as the Dems took the House.

I believe this was a calculated move on Trump's behalf. It was always very likely that the Democrats would win the House, the opposing party of the White House historically always does very well in the first mid-terms after that POTUS election. Trump needs an adversary to be successful at the polls, in 2016 it was Clinton. Now he is able to paint the Democrats as obstructionists in getting the wall, which was his biggest campaign promise.

Personally, I really don't care if we build a wall or not. I really don't think Trump cares that much either, but it was his biggest campaign promise and his base is foaming at the mouth for it.

It's a great strategy politically, but it is unfortunate he is playing politics with peoples' livelihoods.

If the wall funding were this important to Trump, why didn't he demand it from day 1 when he had two years of a GOP House and Senate? It is no coincidence that it was all of the sudden a huge issue as soon as the Dems took the House. ...

It's a great strategy politically, but it is unfortunate he is playing politics with peoples' livelihoods.

Finally, an honest Trumpster!

Finally, an honest Trumpster!

As I said in the other post, I did not support or vote for Trump in 2016 and will not be voting for him in 2020, so please do not classify me as such.

It is possible to be both conservative and recognize that Donald Trump is not all that fit to lead a country. However, I will still give him credit when I think he does the right thing. The left's tendency to go off the rails any time Trump is mentioned shows how far out-of-touch they are with middle America and why he will (unfortunately) likely win again. The left is as much to blame for his presidency as the right.

As I said in the other post, I did not support or vote for Trump in 2016 and will not be voting for him in 2020, so please do not classify me as such.

My bad. One of my admitted biases is making blanket assumptions of any poster with “Mizzou” in his screen name. Sorry.

Regarding the reactions of the left towards Trump, they pale in comparison to the right’s reaction to the Obama Presidency.

My bad. One of my admitted biases is making blanket assumptions of any poster with “Mizzou” in his screen name. Sorry.

Regarding the reactions of the left towards Trump, they pale in comparison to the right’s reaction to the Obama Presidency.
Oh come on. Your last sentence is not true.

i said it early on the longer this shutdown goes on the better. most people actually want a better border security and a wall. trump has come out recently with a couple counter offers and theyve been shot down before he even listed them. the longer this goes on the more people are going to side with trump.

I think people have a tendency to only notice the behavior of the side they disagree with.

What a total clusterfu*k we've got going on! The longest shutdown in history continues with no end in sight. God help us that some world crisis doesn't spring up right now because this White House is in meltdown mode.

But let's not forget this is Pelosi/DNC's shutdown, right guys? ROTFLMAO

Funny how this border wall wasn't a crisis until after the mid-term elections. I'm still wondering why this wasn't swiftly approved during Trump's first two years in office with the full support of a Republican Congress. Kind of a head-scratcher, isn't it guys? How do you explain it?

But by all means continue your loyal defense of Trump. I'm sure the American people will come to realize this fiasco is all on the shoulders of those lib Dems, right? ROTFLMAO

Reactions: firm_bizzle
I'm still wondering why this wasn't swiftly approved during Trump's first two years in office with the full support of a Republican Congress. Kind of a head-scratcher, isn't it guys? How do you explain it?

Anybody have an answer to this question? Still wondering.

What a total clusterfu*k we've got going on! The longest shutdown in history continues with no end in sight. God help us that some world crisis doesn't spring up right now because this White House is in meltdown mode.

Funny how this border wall wasn't a crisis until after the mid-term elections. I'm still wondering why this wasn't swiftly approved during Trump's first two years in office with the full support of a Republican Congress. Kind of a head-scratcher, isn't it guys? How do you explain it?

But by all means continue your loyal defense of Trump. I'm sure the American people will come to realize this fiasco is all on the shoulders of those lib Dems, right? ROTFLMAO

He was blocked the first go around as well when trying to push it through. He conceded the first time, he isn't conceding this time.

President Trump is more of a national crisis than the southern border.

President Trump is more of a national crisis than the southern border.

You wouldn’t know it by the attention he’s gotten here. The gang here would rather wring their hands over a has-been like Hillary, a wet-behind-the-ears, freshman congresswoman from NY, Hollywood and music sexual assaulters (as long they’re liberals of course), and transsexuals serving in our military.

The longest Government shutdown in our nation’s history? Yawn, right guys? :)

You wouldn’t know it by the attention he’s gotten here. The gang here would rather wring their hands over a has-been like Hillary, a wet-behind-the-ears, freshman congresswoman from NY, Hollywood and music sexual assaulters (as long they’re liberals of course), and transsexuals serving in our military.

The longest Government shutdown in our nation’s history? Yawn, right guys? :)
The only crisis as far as I'm concerned is the fact that we are in the middle of the longest govt shutdown in history and nothing has changed in the lives of the average american. "Nonessential" has proven to be a pretty good descriptor

Reactions: UCFWayne
Seriously, where is the crisis?
The only crisis as far as I'm concerned is the fact that we are in the middle of the longest govt shutdown in history and nothing has changed in the lives of the average american. "Nonessential" has proven to be a pretty good descriptor

I think we all need to take this “So what? it hasn’t impacted me” attitude to all national news and it’s impact on people who I don’t know. Forest fires burning down communities in California hasn’t changed my life. Same with communities hit by hurricanes in Florida, PR, and Texas. If it doesn’t impact me personally, I don’t have to give a sh*t.

Back in the day, Walter Cronkite used to open his broadcast by announcing the number of days our people had been held hostage in Iran.

The news agencies should be doing the same thing with Trump's shutdown.

Scary that this government shutdown has almost zero impact on most. I think we need to think about staffing cuts. Your fired!

The most hilarious part of this thing is that Trump made a rose garden speech about it hoping that he can spin this fiasco to his base as "a win."

We're right back to where we were before Trump thought he'd use a government shutdown to bully Congress into getting his way.

What a deal maker, right guys? :)

Last edited:
Reactions: NinjaKnight
The most hilarious part of this thing is that Trump made a rose garden speech about it hoping that he can spin this fiasco to his base as "a win."

We're right back to where we were before Trump thought he'd use a government shutdown to bully Congress into getting his way.

What a deal maker, right guys? :)

Actually just pushed it to another shutdown on Feb 15th if something isn't signed.

Even as a partisan liberal you have to admit the economy is humming. Multiple trade deals changed or being changed in our benefit. That wussy Obama couldn't make any deals. But he was a community organizer though.

That wussy Obama couldn't make any deals. But he was a community organizer though.

ROTFLMAO You're really want to dis Obama's deal-making TODAY of all days??!?!?!?

Good grief, you red hats are deaf, dumb, and blind when it comes to Trump.

Trump will puff his chest out and take credit for re-opening the government.

And our idiot red hatters on here will slob his knob.

Mark my words, these people are actually this stupid.

ADVERTISEMENT