ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome to the Trump Shutdown

It's always GREAT!!!! to see people with families who can't work or collect pay while the assholes who put it into effect are still drawing their damn paychecks.

This is the mentality of a college flunky.
Didn't think a asterisk was needed, but guess I thought wrong.

Reactions: UCFWayne
I'm agreeing with those folks who have said that all members of the House and the Senate, their staffs, the executive branch, and their staffs, shouldn't be paid a dime until this idiotic shutdown goes away.
we can definitely agree on that.

I'm agreeing with those folks who have said that all members of the House and the Senate, their staffs, the executive branch, and their staffs, shouldn't be paid a dime until this idiotic shutdown goes away.

I don't think they should be paid period. They get rich through their office, don't need pay on top.

I know Pelosi is full of shit. Do you know how I know? Because NPR just had on Rep Herd who said he was in a meeting with her and she told him that the money is NOT the issue, but rather the fact that every cent will go to a “wall”

He told her point blank then to appropriate the money but attach language stating that it go to CBP- to be used at THEIR discretion. The professionals can dice up the money based upon priority - something the democrats have been playing lip service to this whole time.

She wouldn’t even consider it. This is negligent intransigence to do anything about our piss poor border

I know Pelosi is full of shit. Do you know how I know? Because NPR just had on Rep Herd who said he was in a meeting with her and she told him that the money is NOT the issue, but rather the fact that every cent will go to a “wall”

He told her point blank then to appropriate the money but attach language stating that it go to CBP- to be used at THEIR discretion. The professionals can dice up the money based upon priority - something the democrats have been playing lip service to this whole time.

She wouldn’t even consider it. This is negligent intransigence to do anything about our piss poor border
The senior ranking Dems came right out of the meeting and blatantly lied to America straight-faced about nearly everything in the meeting. They got called out on it instantly and then repeatedly by all sides. Yet they know that their followers will believe them no matter what they say. There are people on this board proving that right now while they accuse anyone not in lockstep with this farce of being a blind Trump follower. I don’t blame Pelosi and Schumer; this is their normal tactic that works against Republicans every other time.

This tactic is why P & S we’re so pissed when Trump tried to negotiate while the cameras were rolling. Because they know they’d lose a group of their sycophants if their antics were ever seen in the public light. But as long as they can just accuse the Republicans of lying, then they’re ok. Even CNBC anchors have started calling them out on it.

Reactions: UCFKnight85
The senior ranking Dems came right out of the meeting and blatantly lied to America straight-faced about nearly everything in the meeting. They got called out on it instantly and then repeatedly by all sides. Yet they know that their followers will believe them no matter what they say. There are people on this board proving that right now while they accuse anyone not in lockstep with this farce of being a blind Trump follower. I don’t blame Pelosi and Schumer; this is their normal tactic that works against Republicans every other time.

This tactic is why P & S we’re so pissed when Trump tried to negotiate while the cameras were rolling. Because they know they’d lose a group of their sycophants if their antics were ever seen in the public light. But as long as they can just accuse the Republicans of lying, then they’re ok. Even CNBC anchors have started calling them out on it.

What in the actual f**k is wrong with you? Seriously were you dropped on your head as a child? You are literally inventing things to say. Trump has told over 4 THOUSAND documented lies, yet you don't give a damn about any of those, and you invent a lie about democrats so you can complain about them, after inventing the story that they are behind this shutdown?

I literally do not have the words to describe just how out of touch with reality you are.

It is legitimately terrifying that someone with your complete and utter lack of reason is allowed to vote and own a gun.

The liberals on this board have an obsessive complex over trump. They’ve quite literally lost their minds over his election and have developed an anger and rage that we haven’t really seen before

The liberals on this board have an obsessive complex over trump. They’ve quite literally lost their minds over his election and have developed an anger and rage that we haven’t really seen before
j

You are literally insane. You have zero problems fabricating complete lies to advance your political position. I hope you enjoy backing a traitor all so your political team looks good. Fuking pathetic piece of shit.

Excuse me???! So Senator Schumer is the one who is lying about the illegal immigration issue?

The 'insightful' responses we're seeing here remind me of some of the gems I read back in the height of the birther days.

Uhh...I didnt post that. You miss used the quote feature. I have only posted that video in this thread.

Those days are long, long gone

Aaaaaah, yes, "the good ole days."

Damn, it seems like only yesterday that tough guy Trump was boasting to his faithful followers that when he became President he'd play hardball and get Mexico to pay for the wall.

Yeah, those days are indeed long, long gone.

Aaaaaah, yes, "the good ole days."

Damn, it seems like only yesterday that tough guy Trump was boasting to his faithful followers that when he became President he'd play hardball and get Mexico to pay for the wall.

Yeah, those days are indeed long, long gone.

Color me shocked that you responded to my post with a totally irrelevant deflection

Is there vacancy in the FantasyLand you reside in?

Color me shocked that you responded to my post with a totally irrelevant deflection

Lying about border security is a 'totally irrelevant deflection'??!?!?

I suggest in the future you pause for a moment and think a bit before responding to one of my posts. It would save you future embarrassment.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
You’re nuts dude. I simply embedded the video and didn’t post any words. The video speaks for itself.

He’s legit delusional. I don’t mean that as an insult, I mean that sincerely as a likely medical diagnosis.

Here he has quite literally invented text that you never actually typed in order to respond to it. I don’t know what else to call that beyond the workings of someone not fully in control of their mind

Reactions: Sir Robert Peel
I don’t venture over here all that often, maybe I need to more. Quite entertaining. Politics sure brings out some creative ways to try and win a debate or make a point.

Funny Pelosi is worried about Fed employees missing a check or 2 now, and yet after the crash in 09, and millions out of work she was talking about how great it was. Playcasion she called it. Gave families a chance to catch up with one another, work on crafts and art.

I don’t venture over here all that often, maybe I need to more. Quite entertaining. Politics sure brings out some creative ways to try and win a debate or make a point.

Just invent things that others supposedly said, respond to it, and then declare you’re right

Follow DaShucks lead

The shutdown continues while Mitch McConnell stalls a couple of House bills that the Republican Senate would approve to end this thing.

But let's not forget our President is working overtime to reach a deal, right guys? He cancelled Pelosi's trip to Afghanistan a hour before takeoff. That's the kind of 'statesmanship' that's bound to end this mess!!! :)

It would not matter if Mitch took up the bills in senate, they would just be veto'd.

Pelosi ended statesmanship with the State of the Union snub.

There are no good guys here. The leaders are all a bunch of petulant children.
I still believe that NO ONE should get paid during a shutdown. This partial shutdown BS is why this hasn't been resolved yet.

But here's a question for you: If this is a 'crisis', why didn't Trump fund his damn wall during his first two years in office when he had a majority House and a majority Senate? This reeks of politics pure and simple.

He’s legit delusional. I don’t mean that as an insult, I mean that sincerely as a likely medical diagnosis.

Here he has quite literally invented text that you never actually typed in order to respond to it. I don’t know what else to call that beyond the workings of someone not fully in control of their mind

Don't you get all pissy when people make "personal attacks"?

Don't you get all pissy when people make "personal attacks"?

Don’t you get pissy when people criticize those who threaten minim wage workers for nothing and accuse those posters of driving them to suicide?

I get sassy, not pissy. There's a difference. :oops:

goqWk2O_d.jpg

So:

Trump offers DACA extension
Trump says there is no wall from coast to coast
Trump says that $5.7B will include port security, humanitarian aid, and other CBP priorities
Trump says that this funding will also include physical barriers "where needed"
Trump asks Pelosi and Democrats to compromise

Democrats immediately respond that they have no intention of compromising.

Welcome to the Pelosi/DNC shutdown.

Welcome to the Pelosi/DNC shutdown.

Oops, you missed the parts where:
  • The House and the Senate agreed on a government funding bill and the President had indicated he'd sign it.
  • Then Trump listened to Rush and Laura and had an eleventh-hour change of heart.
  • The new House passes the same government-funding bill originally introduced by the Republicans.
  • But McConnell refuses to have the Senate vote on it (knowing it would pass and present a bill that the President would have to veto.)
  • Trump declares that border security is So Important that he'll gladly own the shutdown to get funding for his wall.
But this is the DNC shutdown???!?!?! :)

Here's a question for one of you Red Hats: Why wasn't the border wall important enough to push it through during Trump's first two years when he had a Republican House and a Republican Senate????

Oops, you missed the parts where:
  • The House and the Senate agreed on a government funding bill and the President had indicated he'd sign it.
  • Then Trump listened to Rush and Laura and had an eleventh-hour change of heart.
  • The new House passes the same government-funding bill originally introduced by the Republicans.
  • But McConnell refuses to have the Senate vote on it (knowing it would pass and present a bill that the President would have to veto.)
  • Trump declares that border security is So Important that he'll gladly own the shutdown to get funding for his wall.
But this is the DNC shutdown???!?!?! :)

Here's a question for one of you Red Hats: Why wasn't the border wall important enough to push it through during Trump's first two years when he had a Republican House and a Republican Senate????

The Democrats are getting everything they want. Trump has even concluded that the $5.7B will NOT be entirely a wall, and in fact we won't really have a wall at all! He's stated on national TV that this would include "physical barriers where needed".

You can piss and moan about whatever you want but the fact remains that this offer is valid, it's good for the Democrats, but they'll keep the government closed and not accept it for one reason: their left wing base demands that they espouse hatred for Trump and not give him one damn thing.

PS- Trump's proposal is essentially a carbon copy of a bi-partisan bill that was being worked earlier this year.

But hey, can't allow bi-partisanship when going on record that you hate Trump sufficiently for your base is required! :)

The Democrats are getting everything they want.

Nope. Pelosi has indicated that ending the Government shutdown is the first condition for negotiations.

PS- Trump's proposal is essentially a carbon copy of a bi-partisan bill that was being worked earlier this year.

If a bi-partisan bill was 'in the works' last year, why wasn't it signed, sealed, and delivered with a Republican House, Republican Senate, and a Republican President? In fact, why the hell wasn't it done in Trump's first year if it was such a crisis?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT