ADVERTISEMENT

What will become of the 2020 NCAA Football Season?

What will become of the 2020 NCAA Football Season?

• Total voters
Chicken pox, etc. were around for years and had some nasty long term side effects besides death. It didn't bring life to a standstill. Covid-19 is going to be around for 2-3 years before most of the world's population is inoculated (minimum).

Remember, the scare about killer bees from south america in south u.s. Now its Japanese wasps on the west coast. Bottom line is you learn and adapt; that's how the human race has made it this far in this world. The 2 month training camp for Covid-19 is ending and people are moving forward, thank God! You learn, adapt and move forward. I won't be taking any cruises until mid-2021 earliest. I'll wear a mask in large crowds and stores with more than 10 people in it. Football season with masks and waterless hand wash stations in stadiums this year. Since its 2020 and not 1918 somebody will design a mask that can be opened up to slip a sip from a bottle (glass outside during tailgating and plastic in the stadium).

What's the odds for somebody under 65 having major problems with Covid-19 anyway? Probably the same as someone having a run in with police for drinking too much after a game...
Agreed. This is a reasonable middle of the road take.

It would be in the best interest of players to play this season. They will be tested regularly, so the risk is extremely small. Some of them have NFL dreams and others would benefit from the protection being offered by being part of a team sport

We just had the Raymond Cutts issue. Who knows if that would have happened with Spring football

Here are some highlights from right in the the middle of the 1968/9 Hong Kong Flu epidemic. Millions dead worldwide. 100,000+ dead in the US with a population at that time of over 100MM less than today. And 40+ million people did NOT lose their jobs from karen-panic.

Fake news. That’s the gift shop. A rep for the HOF said that the artifacts and historical items are in another, much safer spot in the building

thanks. I thought that’s what it looked like. Good. I guess. I was under the impression it was more of a big interactive exhibit Kind of thing and not All that of a memorabilia thing. Haven’t seen it in person yet. The Pro Football HOF I’ve seen multiple times. That place has a priceless amount of Historical memorabilia.

This is where not being Power 5 could F UCF harder than ever. UF and FSU get a $25+ million dollar tv deal check without selling a ticket. They can punt on 1 season and fare better on the other side than us

I wonder how much of that TV money they will get with no Product. TV is not going to be in a big hurry to dole out 100s of millions of dollars for a product they are not getting.

I wonder how much of that TV money they will get with no Product. TV is not going to be in a big hurry to dole out 100s of millions of dollars for a product they are not getting.
It sounds like everyone is doing a whole lot of work to make the season happen.

Better off having your team exposed now. However, this also doesn't bode well for university dorms.
I hope I'm wrong but I have a feeling it will disrupt teams so much that the season may start then halt halfway through. Especially in the midwest where the cooler weather hits sooner.

1 in 100 die of the flu.
3 in 100 die of coronavirus.
Deaths mostly in 65> age range.

On the average there are 132 suicides per day (2019 stat). This is probably a greater risk to the under 65 crowd than coronavirus. You just do what we've learned to do with the younger people who get it and move forward. The days of zero coronavirus cases reported is 3-5 years ahead of us globally.

Why are we still here with this stuff? Pathetic media? Today I read that people should wear a mask when having sex on news site. Really? You want the 132 suicides per day to go up?

Also read an OK State player tested positive within 12 hours of attending a protest. Is testing good enough now to detect the virus in 12 hours?

I'm guessing no and the writer just wanted to combine stories to drum up clicks.

Exactly, you can't

All the Students and professors crammed in the protest spaces every night And shopping at Whole Foods during the day. Then railing that they are afraid to sit in a football stadium next to the plebes. I’m done with this crap argument.

Last edited:
Reactions: ahabmw and PhDee
All the Students and professors crammed in the protest spaces every night And shopping at Whole Foods during the day. Then railing that they are afraid to sit in a football stadium next to the plebes. I’m done with this crap argument.
With you bro

I’m talking about players not fans. A little different than tackling and drenching sweat and particles on other people every time the ball is snapped. Just pointing out a situation that could arise with a player at UCF or elsewhere , especially those w other undiagnosed medical issues..which has happened at UCF under GOL

Given what's going on right now, in another 6 weeks, we'll all be back to normal ops.

Reactions: PhDee
I’m talking about players not fans. A little different than tackling and drenching sweat and particles on other people every time the ball is snapped. Just pointing out a situation that could arise with a player at UCF or elsewhere , especially those w other undiagnosed medical issues..which has happened at UCF under GOL
How does that differ from the last 80 years of flu And HIV Season football? You woke?

Reactions: Ucfmikes
How does that differ from the last 80 years of flu And HIV Season football? You woke?
are u really comparing Covid transmission to HIV? Cmon man. and u are an idiot if you are still comparing it to the flu at this point given the well documented differences especially in how easily it transmits and how one has had a vaccine for years.

I love Sports, I love Football but I also know there is still some uncertainty starting and finishing this season with all your impact players intact and not forced to sit out the biggest game of the season. Depth could be a major issue if a 2nd wave does happen, let’s hope not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT