ADVERTISEMENT

What will become of the 2020 NCAA Football Season?

What will become of the 2020 NCAA Football Season?

• Total voters
are u really comparing Covid transmission to HIV? Cmon man. and u are an idiot if you are still comparing it to the flu at this point given the well documented differences especially in how easily it transmits and how one has had a vaccine for years.

I love Sports, I love Football but I also know there is still some uncertainty starting and finishing this season with all your impact players intact and not forced to sit out the biggest game of the season. Depth could be a major issue if a 2nd wave does happen, let’s hope not.

by all accounts and clearer every day as data comes in. This whole fiasco was And is unnecessary. If you are old and or sick and or afraid of encountering humans in public stay home. Leave the rest of us alone to live our lives.
For the record. I am old. Knock on wood.

With the amount of players testing positive now I am curious if coaches are going to tell players to quarantine themselves through the season.

Few players testing positive can mean two missing games (actual sick player could mean even more), and most likely players of the same position would have greatest exposure.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
With the amount of players testing positive now I am curious if coaches are going to tell players to quarantine themselves through the season.

Few players testing positive can mean two missing games (actual sick player could mean even more), and most likely players of the same position would have greatest exposure.

That Whole premise is dumb. Name the last season every football team tested every player for a symptom or temperature before a practice or a game. The world has gone redonculous.

let’s all live in caves in fear forever for the second time in history. The first time was due to saber tooth tigers.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
by all accounts and clearer every day as data comes in. This whole fiasco was And is unnecessary. If you are old and or sick and or afraid of encountering humans in public stay home. Leave the rest of us alone to live our lives.
For the record. I am old. Knock on wood.
More doomsday scenarios. We are playing football and nobody is getting sued or dying.
It’s like going to Walmart

The youngest death in Florida is 27. A person who worked on a cruise ship AND had the Flu.

Additionally, millions of dollars are at stake and get this. THAT’S VERY IMPORTANT FOR THE SURVIVAL OF SOME UNIVERSITIES AND EVEN COLLEGE TOWNS

If that happens, next man up

Reactions: RunawayKnight
That Whole premise is dumb. Name the last season every football team tested every player for a symptom or temperature before a practice or a game. The world has gone redonculous.

let’s all live in caves in fear forever for the second time in history. The first time was due to saber tooth tigers.
. Any Player testing positive will have to sit out even if they are asymptotic . That won’t change till there is a vaccine

Only jumped on and read page 4 so may be saying things said before but, endurance type athletes like runners and bike riders (I'm not sure if you put football players in there, I would since they are far more active than non-athletes) have a higher risk of upper respiratory illnesses, and have elevated inflammatory cytokines (cytokine storm is a big part of what kills, not the actual virus). Their immune system actually gets slightly suppressed, as opposed to the moderate exerciser who boosts their immune system. So, I would think they have a higher risk of getting Covid. Now for the good news, if current discoveries are right, the virus has adapted to humans and has become less deadly. That and a successful vaccine soon should end much of the worrying going on. I've never understood why people were shutting things down 3-4 months from now. Are you that stupid to think it was always going to be like this? Is it really that difficult to come up with 2 plans, 1 if the virus is still around and 2nd if it isn't? It was a bunch of non-scientific panty wringing.

Now, I also solved the fans in the stands problem. All we need is 1 person to hold up a sign protesting something, anything, it doesn't have to as serious as these last few weeks, just protest something, say you're holding the peaceful protest at UCF, and just to keep the rabble out, you'll be charging access, and no one will complain! Instant audience. (cue hysterical whining).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT