ADVERTISEMENT

What would be an impeachable offense to you?

That's a new one. So that fact that Biden has been polling 10 points ahead of Trump means nothing because he wasn't officially in the race so it didn't benefit Trump to get dirt on Biden?
That's not my point. Compare the 2 situations. The Obama administration was told there may be something to look into regarding Trump and Russia. They then took steps to find out if the allegation was true, and the basis was in the middle of an election cycle. It was clearly political in nature, but there were also concerns about the nation's best interests so nobody really questions the use of wiretapping. In this case, there is a story that is also uncorroborated (although it seems to be more plausible) which is political in nature but also in the nations best interest to look into. Take out all other factors and the former seems much less legitimate than the latter, but this one is receiving much more scrutiny.

Scenario #1: there is a rumor that trump was peed on by a russian hooker. Wiretap his campaign

Scenario #2: a former VP, who's son was paid 600k per year to sit on the BOD of a company which operated in a field he had no experience in and was owned by a man that was on a travel ban to the US, personally oversaw the transfer of over a billion dollars worth of aid that directly affected his son's company and that money disappeared.

Reactions: UCFWayne
That's not my point. Compare the 2 situations. The Obama administration was told there may be something to look into regarding Trump and Russia. They then took steps to find out if the allegation was true, and the basis was in the middle of an election cycle. It was clearly political in nature, but there were also concerns about the nation's best interests so nobody really questions the use of wiretapping. In this case, there is a story that is also uncorroborated (although it seems to be more plausible) which is political in nature but also in the nations best interest to look into. Take out all other factors and the former seems much less legitimate than the latter, but this one is receiving much more scrutiny.

Scenario #1: there is a rumor that trump was peed on by a russian hooker. Wiretap his campaign

Scenario #2: a former VP, who's son was paid 600k per year to sit on the BOD of a company which operated in a field he had no experience in and was owned by a man that was on a travel ban to the US, personally oversaw the transfer of over a billion dollars worth of aid that directly affected his son's company and that money disappeared.
the scenarios are completely (d)ifferent.

Reactions: Crazyhole
My question still stands unanswered. If biden was not running for president, would trump's request be impeachable?
If Biden wasn't running for President, Trump wouldn't have given two-shakes about Ukrainian 'corruption.' In fact, it clearly WASN'T because Trump was more concerned with a public announcement of an investigation than he was a fake investigation.

This was all about Trump one-upping a political rival and everybody knows it.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
If Biden wasn't running for President, Trump wouldn't have given two-shakes about Ukrainian 'corruption.' In fact, it clearly WASN'T because Trump was more concerned with a public announcement of an investigation than he was a fake investigation.

This was all about Trump one-upping a political rival and everybody knows it.

I realize that I'm asking you to step outside of your own personal reality paradigm, but answer the question.

Would it be an impeachable offense if Biden wasn't running?

The counterintelligence investigation was predicated on (1) The WikiLeaks July 22, 2016 release of DNC documents, (2) one week later Australia informs the FBI of the Papadopolous interaction where he claimed that Russia had documents on Clinton and wanted to help the campaign (see page 6 of the Mueller report). Did Steel inform it later? Sure. But it's nonsense to equate what actually happened to a pee tape allegation.

This was not political in nature when it started. If it was, the Obama administration would have leaked the crap out of this prior to the election. Instead, Comey's hand was forced on the Wiener laptop issue because he knew it was going to leak because of anti-Clinton sentiment within the NY FBI field office.

The investigation into Hillary's emails was HIGHLY politicized during the run up to election day, but the Trump-Russia stuff only spooled up after. If the deep-state was out to get Trump and prop up Hillary they did a piss poor job.

I realize that I'm asking you to step outside of your own personal reality paradigm, but answer the question.

both sides are too dug in at this point. everyone knows both sides are going to vote party lines with the exception of 1 or 2 people. nothing is going to happen but a waste of time and news cycle. trump will still be president heading into the 2020 election. oh and congress will basically do nothing in the meantime. that can be a positive and a negative.

I realize you appear incapable of stepping outside of your own personal reality paradigm to realize how silly this question is.

If Biden wasn't the early frontrunner for the Democrat nomination, then there would have been no reason for Trump to bribe and extort President Zelensky to publicly announce he was going to investigate Hunter Biden. The whole indictment is based on the fact this mock investigation Zelensky was being strong-armed to announce was for Trump's PERSONAL benefit for crying out loud.

I realize you appear incapable of stepping outside of your own personal reality paradigm to realize how silly this question is.

If Biden wasn't the early frontrunner for the Democrat nomination, then there would have been no reason for Trump to bribe and extort President Zelensky to publicly announce he was going to investigate Hunter Biden. The whole indictment is based on the fact this mock investigation Zelensky was being strong-armed to announce was for Trump's PERSONAL benefit for crying out loud.

Can't answer the question I guess.

Is asking Ukraine to look into election tampering an impeachable offense, even if it's a quid-pro-quo?

both sides are too dug in at this point. nothing is going to happen but a waste of time and news cycle. trump will still be president heading into the 2020 election. oh and congress will basically do nothing in the meantime. that can be a positive and a negative.
When the public hears irrefutable testimony on live TV about how our President and his lackies carried out a cold, calculated plan to extort Zelensky to publicly announce he was 'opening an investigation' of Joe Biden's son, I imagine some Senate seats might start getting hot as the public becomes more and more appalled.

Personally, I believe Trump is very likely to survive a Senate trial. But what was the alternative? Ignore a blatant abuse of Presidential power? The extortion was so egregious and the evidence so overwhelming that you'd think some Republicans would grow a pair and stand up for truth and justice. But in this era of party over country, it'll be a cold day in hell before that happens.

"You can't have the foreign aid that your country needs to defend itself and to promote democracy unless you go behind a microphone a publicly announce an investigation into my main political rival."

Sounds only slightly worse than

"You can't have the foreign aid that your country needs to defend itself and to promote democracy unless you go behind a microphone a publicly announce an investigation into the previous VP of my opposition party."

Do you not see that because he demanded a public announcement that it tipped his hand? He could have just asked Ukraine to look into it but he didn't. He asked them to make an announcement. He knew it would get picked up and that it would damage Biden. He used tax payer money to bribe a foreign government and bipartisan ally to mess with our election process or be left high and dry.

This is aid that the US NSC had deemed in the US's best interest. He withheld what was in the best interest of the united states for a public announcement. You see the problem? This is a man who is supposed to be looking after our interests abroad and he's abusing the office, going against US interests, holding back aid from important allies, all in order to force another country to impact our elections. Its crimes on crimes on crimes.

So yeah it wouldn't have mattered if it was Biden or Obama or AOC. Using the power of the office to score a political takedown by withholding funds is impeachable.

If you can't see that then I guess you need to remember that the standard for impeachment is getting your dick sucked.

Lmao at all the libtards actually trying to use logic and reason to change the opinion of MAGAt mouth breathers who don't base their worldview on logic and reason.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
both sides are too dug in at this point. everyone knows both sides are going to vote party lines with the exception of 1 or 2 people. nothing is going to happen but a waste of time and news cycle. trump will still be president heading into the 2020 election. oh and congress will basically do nothing in the meantime. that can be a positive and a negative.
that will be a positive,

Is asking Ukraine to look into election tampering an impeachable offense, even if it's a quid-pro-quo?

I may or may not be, depending on context. That's always the case in a scenario where an individual vested with power is accused of abusing it. The question is rarely if the individual has the authority to do what they did, but if their intent is consistent with their oath and public duty.

If it is for Trump's personal gain, yes. However, Trump is the only one publicly asking foreign governments to tamper into our election.

"asking" was actually "do this 'favor' for me or you won't get your military aid"

"quid-pro-quo" = extortion

"You can't have the foreign aid that your country needs to defend itself and to promote democracy unless you go behind a microphone a publicly announce an investigation into my main political rival."

Sounds only slightly worse than

"You can't have the foreign aid that your country needs to defend itself and to promote democracy unless you go behind a microphone a publicly announce an investigation into the previous VP of my opposition party."

Do you not see that because he demanded a public announcement that it tipped his hand? He could have just asked Ukraine to look into it but he didn't. He asked them to make an announcement. He knew it would get picked up and that it would damage Biden. He used tax payer money to bribe a foreign government and bipartisan ally to mess with our election process or be left high and dry.

This is aid that the US NSC had deemed in the US's best interest. He withheld what was in the best interest of the united states for a public announcement. You see the problem? This is a man who is supposed to be looking after our interests abroad and he's abusing the office, going against US interests, holding back aid from important allies, all in order to force another country to impact our elections. Its crimes on crimes on crimes.

So yeah it wouldn't have mattered if it was Biden or Obama or AOC. Using the power of the office to score a political takedown by withholding funds is impeachable.

If you can't see that then I guess you need to remember that the standard for impeachment is getting your dick sucked.

The public announcement aspect of it is probably the tipping point because Biden is a candidate. If he wasn't running, it would be tough to make the case that it is in Trumps personal interests, which was the point of my question.

That's a new one. So that fact that Biden has been polling 10 points ahead of Trump means nothing because he wasn't officially in the race so it didn't benefit Trump to get dirt on Biden?
Lol Hillary polled 15 points ahead too. Lets not forget that polls are taken from the bottom of the pond

Got dammit dude. I really wish you turn your sarcasm meter on when you read my posts.
And yet ... we all know the point you were making. Clinton has nothing to do with BJs, but forcing himself on women ... just like Trump.

Glass stones Democrats are everywhere these days. And I'm not even a Republican voter.

Lol Hillary polled 15 points ahead too. Lets not forget that polls are taken from the bottom of the pond
And CNN just left out 18-29 in one of their official poll ... because Gary Johnson was #1, over 30%, and that caused him to break the 15% threshhold overall, just a month before the debate.

For those that don't know, the 15% was decided as a result of Perot, who was polling at 7.5% before the debates in '92. They doubled it for a reason.

But that SuperPAC that spent 10x as much as Johnson's entire campaign budget, in 10 states, did their job and got him back to under 20% with the 18-29 year olds, so he was back to only 12% so CNN could return him to the mix.

Yep, it was all legal to do. The company is private, although Johnson and Stein have been hard at work getting their non-profit status removed, as they are bi-partisan, not non-partisan.

And yet ... we all know the point you were making. Clinton has nothing to do with BJs, but forcing himself on women ... just like Trump.

Glass stones Democrats are everywhere these days. And I'm not even a Republican voter.

Uh, no, try again. Not even effing close.

Smh.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
A clear and coordinated effort to extort a political bombshell announcement out of the Ukrainian President if he wanted military aid from the U.S. to defend itself against Russia would do it for me.

But evidently for some posters bribery and extortion for personal gain isn’t a big deal because ‘everybody does it.’ :rolleyes:
amazes me!

Reactions: firm_bizzle
It's not a problem of "what would be an impeachable crime."

It's "who would you have to hear about the crime from in order to believe it?"

Trump has minions who won't believe anything except what comes out of his own mouth. Everyone else is fake news, crooked media, a liberal democrat, a never trumper, the deep state, or a traitor. He's created these descriptions so he can immediately discredit anyone who says anything bad about him. This includes anyone who report on his crimes. Even when fox news said something criticizing him he tweeted that fox news is going down hill.

They won't believe any of it ever.
There is one thing that trump said it true,...he could shoot somebody in the middle of the street with
According to an actual scientific study, terrifyingly yes, this is true for a large percentage of Trump voters.

This is why we need an intelligence test before allowing these mouth breathers to vote.
amazing and almost unbelievable

There is one thing that trump said it true,...he could shoot somebody in the middle of the street with amazing and almost unbelievable
That applies to many popularist candidates. That's why I don't like popularist candidates. It's not just Trump.

Another democrat dud today based entirely on hearsay coming from a whistleleaker being coached by a lawyer who called for a coup. These dems havent learned from their russia hoax apparently. Imagine still buying into this nonsense like shook chicken

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT