ADVERTISEMENT

What would be an impeachable offense to you?

Another democrat dud today based entirely on hearsay coming from a whistleleaker being coached by a lawyer who called for a coup. These dems havent learned from their russia hoax apparently. Imagine still buying into this nonsense like shook chicken
Troll nonsense.

Another democrat dud today based entirely on hearsay coming from a whistleleaker being coached by a lawyer who called for a coup. These dems havent learned from their russia hoax apparently. Imagine still buying into this nonsense like shook chicken
yea but i heard that hearsay can be much better evidence than direct evidence...

Reactions: beelit47
yea but i heard that hearsay can be much better evidence than direct evidence...
The same posters who are poo-pooing the validity of so-called "hearsay" evidence are the same people who are DEMANDING we hear DIRECTLY from The Whistleblower.

Hmmm, I could have sworn they originally discounted him because he was only dealing with hearsay evidence.

If you want to argue that we can't convict Trump until we hear from Bolton, Mulvaney, Perry, and Rudy - I would completely buy that argument. Because the White House is preventing them from testifying, we have no choice but to rely on 2nd hand information.

If this was a court of law, the first-hand witnesses would be compelled to testify. If they won't testify during this phase, I do hope the Senate compels them to appear. The house is going to impeach specifically for obstructing congress by blocking testimony.

If I was a sitting US Senator - I would take the following approach:
  • The first-hand witnesses need to testify. We should not remove a sitting president based on 2nd hand evidence when 1st hand testimony is available.
  • If those witnesses fail to appear, then I would vote to convict on the Obstruction charge.
I think that's 100% reasonable. You do not remove a POTUS based on 2nd hand testimony and circumstantial evidence. At the same time, you protect a key aspect of the separation of powers. Any Senator that buys into Trump's claim of "absolute immunity" from Testimony by every single person in the Executive branch is truly undermining the constitution.

This is a very smart approach for middling Republicans to take and they could get middling Democrats to support that position.

Reactions: Crazyhole
The same posters who are poo-pooing the validity of so-called "hearsay" evidence are the same people who are DEMANDING we hear DIRECTLY from The Whistleblower.

Hmmm, I could have sworn they originally discounted him because he was only dealing with hearsay evidence.
i was told by you and several other posters in here, not to mention all the dems that stated we all needed to hear the whistle blower, then lets not forget all the media begging to hear him testify. once people started putting the dots together they all realized eric ciaramella was not going to play well in court because of his biases.

so yea, im going to take your own advice, let us all hear from eric ciaramella, i mean whistle blower, and have him testify before congress.

If you want to argue that we can't convict Trump until we hear from Bolton, Mulvaney, Perry, and Rudy - I would completely buy that argument. Because the White House is preventing them from testifying, we have no choice but to rely on 2nd hand information.

If this was a court of law, the first-hand witnesses would be compelled to testify.
The Constitution compels witnesses to comply with Congressional subpoenas. One might logically ask why Trump isn't allowing them to testify if this whole situation is so innocent and 'perfect.'

Hell, the mere fact that the President is telling these first-hand witnesses NOT to comply is, in itself, impeachable obstruction of justice.

lets not forget all the media begging to hear him testify. once people started putting the dots together they all realized eric ciaramella was not going to play well in court because of his biases.
If I pull the fire alarm and -- Holy Cow, there IS an honest-to-goodness FIRE to be addressed!!! - what does it matter what my perceived 'biases' are??!?

Troll nonsense.
Is it though? Even democrats are on record saying this was a stupid hail mary just like anyone else without the TDS youve come down with. Schiff heard it from a democrat friend who, heard it from another dnc friend who, heard it from 4 others in one sentence trump may or may not have been messing around. Nice. Lets impeach based on 6th person hearsay lmao. Us conservatives literally cannot make this ish up. Collusion delusion part two. See you at trumps inauguration!

Reactions: UCFWayne
Schiff heard it from a democrat friend who, heard it from another dnc friend who, heard it from 4 others in one sentence trump may or may not have been messing around. Nice. Lets impeach based on 6th person hearsay lmao.

Trump is accused of turning the screws of the Ukraine President regarding military aid in order to get him to announce he was initiating an investigation of the Bidens. The key players who carried out the President's orders have been forced by the President to resist their Congressional subpoenas.

Why beelit47? If Trump wasn't 'messing around', their testimony could clear this up quickly and easily. So why resist and double down on one presidential abuse of power with yet another?

One of the key players, Ambassador Sundland, has testified and even revised his testimony after he saw what his colleagues said. In addition, we learned earlier this week that he was overheard speaking directly to the President about "this mess." Let's hear what Sundland has to say next week.

Is it though? Even democrats are on record saying this was a stupid hail mary just like anyone else without the TDS youve come down with. Schiff heard it from a democrat friend who, heard it from another dnc friend who, heard it from 4 others in one sentence trump may or may not have been messing around. Nice. Lets impeach based on 6th person hearsay lmao. Us conservatives literally cannot make this ish up. Collusion delusion part two. See you at trumps inauguration!
The people who were involved and heard the conversations are testifying next week. You've got time to come up with another excuse.

i was told by you and several other posters in here, not to mention all the dems that stated we all needed to hear the whistle blower, then lets not forget all the media begging to hear him testify. once people started putting the dots together they all realized eric ciaramella was not going to play well in court because of his biases.

so yea, im going to take your own advice, let us all hear from eric ciaramella, i mean whistle blower, and have him testify before congress.
And tell you what 15 other people have testified to?

Reactions: hemightbejeremy
Trump is accused of turning the screws of the Ukraine President regarding military aid in order to get him to announce he was initiating an investigation of the Bidens. The key players who carried out the President's orders have been forced by the President to resist their Congressional subpoenas.

Why beelit47? If Trump wasn't 'messing around', their testimony could clear this up quickly and easily. So why resist and double down on one presidential abuse of power with yet another?

One of the key players, Ambassador Sundland, has testified and even revised his testimony after he saw what his colleagues said. In addition, we learned earlier this week that he was overheard speaking directly to the President about "this mess." Let's hear what Sundland has to say next week.
Lmao!!! All u quoted were democrats who heard things sixth hand! Lmao!!!!! Dipshit. Sit down, the adults have arrived

If this was a court of law, the first-hand witnesses would be compelled to testify. If they won't testify during this phase, I do hope the Senate compels them to appear. The house is going to impeach specifically for obstructing congress by blocking testimony.

• The first-hand witnesses need to testify. We should not remove a sitting president based on 2nd hand evidence when 1st hand testimony is available.
  • If those witnesses fail to appear, then I would vote to convict on the Obstruction charge.
I think that's 100% reasonable. You do not remove a POTUS based on 2nd hand testimony and circumstantial evidence. At the same time, you protect a key aspect of the separation of powers. Any Senator that buys into Trump's claim of "absolute immunity" from Testimony by every single person in the Executive branch is truly undermining the constitution.

This is a very smart approach for middling Republicans to take and they could get middling Democrats to support that position.
Imagine buying all of this from schiff who also had indisputable evidence that

hooooooaaax

I'm still not sure of what to make of Sondland amending his testimony. At this point, all theories are plausible but it does seem weird how he changed his story and couched it like he did. I'm not sure what to make of the "he was afraid of perjury" angle, because technically I think he already did. Did he turn states evidence to avoid perjury charges? Was he threatened? Did his conscience get the best of him? I just find the idea of other peoples testimony jogging his memory pretty questionable.

I'm still not sure of what to make of Sondland amending his testimony. ... I just find the idea of other peoples testimony jogging his memory pretty questionable.
Well I'll be damned. We actually agree on something regarding this impeachment business, Crazy. :)

What an absolute embarrassment Maria Yovanovitch has been for the Dem’s. This is a dud, what a whiny bitch. Ohh I had to move 13 times, ohh I got fired. This idiot is not going to connect with the average American.

What an absolute embarrassment Maria Yovanovitch has been for the Dem’s. This is a dud, what a whiny bitch. Ohh I had to move 13 times, ohh I got fired. This idiot is not going to connect with the average American.

Why did Trump try to intimidate her with his Tweet?

Remember when Obama fired every GW bush diplomat? But trump does it and it is a conspiracy to collude with a foreign government. The dems are running for their political lives after the 2nd disasterous day

Remember when Obama fired every GW bush diplomat? But trump does it and it is a conspiracy to collude with a foreign government. The dems are running for their political lives after the 2nd disasterous day

Was Obama running a shadow state Dept with Rudy?

Not sure but we do know he will have more flexibility to meet with russia after the 2012 election. And what did he know about the collusion hoax? Stay tuned , Barr is about to drop that investigation result very soon little boy

I'll wait.

The Democrats would have a far better case against Trump if they'd remove Schiff as well as agree to an investigation into Biden. Until the left starts applying the same scrutiny to themselves as Trump, I will keep my complaints on this matter.

I want them all gone. But the Democratic party controls DC, and the supermajority of their public servants, so that's unlikely.

Why did Trump try to intimidate her with his Tweet?
it was stupid of trump to tweet that during the hearings. that said, she was testifying. she had zero knowledge of the tweets. it wasnt until schiff brought it up at all. why was he on his phone at all?

but seriously, if you think thats actual intimidation, that is just plain said. tds is a bitch. he said she sucked at her job. that was it.

it was stupid of trump to tweet that during the hearings. that said, she was testifying. she had zero knowledge of the tweets. it wasnt until schiff brought it up at all. why was he on his phone at all?

but seriously, if you think thats actual intimidation, that is just plain said. tds is a bitch. he said she sucked at her job. that was it.
So it wasn't witness intimidation because she was currently testifying. Got it.

You can watch Jennifer Williams testify tomorrow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT