ADVERTISEMENT

What would be an impeachable offense to you?

So it wasn't witness intimidation because she was currently testifying. Got it.

You can watch Jennifer Williams testify tomorrow.
you could make the argument that it was intimidation if he tweeted it at 8am before she takes the stand. she didnt have her phone with her while she was up there. she had zero knowledge of that tweet until schiff brought it up. but then again, you could be paitent zero for tds. god you are triggered.

you could make the argument that it was intimidation if he tweeted it at 8am before she takes the stand. she didnt have her phone with her while she was up there. she had zero knowledge of that tweet until schiff brought it up. but then again, you could be paitent zero for tds. god you are triggered.
Did you read my post? Jennifer Williams testifies tomorrow and she got attacked by trump less than 24 hours ago.

it was stupid of trump to tweet that during the hearings. that said, she was testifying. she had zero knowledge of the tweets. it wasnt until schiff brought it up at all. why was he on his phone at all?

but seriously, if you think thats actual intimidation, that is just plain said. tds is a bitch. he said she sucked at her job. that was it.
I don't know of any Republican that agrees with Trump's tweets. Someone literally needs to take his phone from him at this point. He just 'lashes out' and it's the #1 reason I consider him 'Unpresidential.'

The only reason it's not worse is that Schiff may be the 2nd worst for the Democrats in this entire situation. I'm surprised the left hasn't replaced him at this point.

it was stupid of trump to tweet that during the hearings. that said, she was testifying. she had zero knowledge of the tweets. it wasnt until schiff brought it up at all. why was he on his phone at all?

but seriously, if you think thats actual intimidation, that is just plain said. tds is a bitch. he said she sucked at her job. that was it.

The intimidation isn't just to the person testifying. It's to people are haven't yet testified but are considering doing so.

Imagine you're just some an anonymous staffer somewhere who happened to overhear a phone call that may be relevant to what's happening. You don't want to be in the public eye. You have a family you don't want to subject to the fallout. You have no desire of seeing your name on Hannity's nightly diatribe. But in order to do your civic duty and share that information, you have to accept the fact that POTUS is going to use Twitter to put a bullseye on your back aiming the vitriol of his supporters and media enablers square at you.

Whether it meets some legal definition of intimidation or not I don't know. But I do know it makes it substantially harder for a career official to bring forward relevant knowledge knowing what it potentially means for themselves and their family.

Insults = intimidation now. It's a core platform of the political correctness narrative.
I'm not arguing its criminal witness tampering. I'm saying he's clearly trying to make sure people who speak up against his crimes will get the facebook maga treatment and have all their information in the public eye.

I was replying to Wayne who said through timing cleared Trump of wrongdoings.

The Democrats would have a far better case against Trump if they'd remove Schiff as well as agree to an investigation into Biden. Until the left starts applying the same scrutiny to themselves as Trump, I will keep my complaints on this matter.

I want them all gone. But the Democratic party controls DC, and the supermajority of their public servants, so that's unlikely.

Meh. Whatever democrat leads the charge on impeachment would end up in exactly the same PR position as Schiff is today. The strategy is to shoot any messenger than can be painted as a partisan. Even if you were completely non-partisan but simply come down on the side of "this is bad" then you're going to be vilified. Justin Amash shares little political ideology with Democrats, but he would be torn to shreds by right wing media if he was chairing these hearings. It's better to let someone already damaged nationally (Schiff) continue to absorb the damage than let someone with a bi-partisan reputation get wrung though the right-wing character assassination machine.

Reactions: Crazyhole
Meh. Whatever democrat leads the charge on impeachment would end up in exactly the same PR position as Schiff is today.
No, he is an bafoon that throws out conspiracy theories and debunked BS. He's just like Trump.

The strategy is to shoot any messenger than can be painted as a partisan.
No, he's just like Trump. The left should have removed him long ago from these proceedings.

Even if you were completely non-partisan
But I'm not bi-partisan, or non-partisan, I am completely pro-Freedom, pro-Constitution, 'throw them all out,' partisan. I utterly criticize both sides for their bafoonery when I see it.

Schiff is a complete, conspiracy theory spewing, bafoon, like Trump.

Justin Amash shares little political ideology with Democrats, but he would be torn to shreds by right wing media if he was chairing these hearings.
I would be defending Amash. I have a few issues with Amash, but most of what he says makes sense.

But Schiff is a bafoon. He even makes childish statements like Trump does too. His opening 'speech' weeks ago was total proof of this.

It's better to let someone already damaged nationally (Schiff) continue to absorb the damage than let someone with a bi-partisan reputation get wrung though the right-wing character assassination machine.
Both sides do character assassination. Although the left has more viewers, and more non-traditional media outlets than the right.

I'm glad Facebook took a stand after their dissasterous relationship with Snopes. Going after the Babylon Bee finally was the 'last straw' for Facebook.

@UCFBS link me where you have criticized republicans. I've been here for a couple years, the next time I see it will be the first time I've seen it.

I believe it's wrong too.
And I believe the Clinton Global Initiative (CGI) was filled with similarly.
And the Bidens have serious accountability issues too.

These are all 100% conflicts of interests.
And the latter 2 should actually be investigated, just like Trump.

One of these days Democrats will understand the meaning of 'conflicts of interests.'
When accusations fly, 'conflicts of interests' will need to be investigated ... all of them, not just some.

Reactions: UCFWayne
41% had made up their minds that trump should be impeached before this started. That's a little bit disturbing.
Impeachment is a political process, not a criminal or even civil one. So I'm not surprised. Heck, I wanted to impeach him over his Twitter feed.

ABC News: We're joining almost every single media outlet in screaming at anyone in the American public who will listen how we think Trump's Ukraine actions are wrong. We're going to do this for months and months.
ABC News: BREAKING: Here's a poll that shows that our relentless coverage of the Trump story worked and people believe what we've been incessantly deluging them with for months and months. More Trump is bad coverage is justified.

these people have lost their damn minds. critical thinking goes out the door when trump is involved apparently.
Trump tweets real time insults at his former Ukraine Ambassador while she’s testifying in his impeachment hearing...and those who criticize this kind of Presidential conduct have “lost their damn minds?”

Trump tweets real time insults at his former Ukraine Ambassador while she’s testifying in his impeachment hearing...and those who criticize this kind of Presidential conduct have “lost their damn minds?”
did you not see me criticize trump for these tweets? they are bad and poorly timed.

that said, those tweets were in no way witness intimidation. for someone of your generation, you sure do get triggered alot.

Reactions: UCFBS
41% had made up their minds that trump should be impeached before this started. That's a little bit disturbing.
bc if it is not Ukraine it will be something else we don’t about yet. This President is corrupt and has no control over his impulses, people are sick of the chaos.

That Playboy Playmate pay off alone would have ended most other political careers, in Trumps America it’s Tuesday

did you not see me criticize trump for these tweets? they are bad and poorly timed.
Then I wasn't talking about you, was I?
that said, those tweets were in no way witness intimidation. for someone of your generation, you sure do get triggered alot.
Help me to understand how people who criticized Trump's real time tweet have "lost their minds." Sure seems to me that having the President tweet real time insults at a witness in his impeachment inquiry is about as batsh*t crazy at it gets.

Yet its those of us who criticize this juvenile behavior who have "lost their minds"? Good Grief.

Then I wasn't talking about you, was I?
Help me to understand how people who criticized Trump's real time tweet have "lost their minds." Sure seems to me that having the President tweet real time insults at a witness in his impeachment inquiry is about as batsh*t crazy at it gets.

Yet its those of us who criticize this juvenile behavior who have "lost their minds"? Good Grief.
the witness had absolutely no idea about the tweets, and would not have known until afterwards if it wasnt for schiff having his phone right there.

criticizing someone =\= intimidation

is it really that hard to understand? i get that you went to nebraska, maybe i should repeat it a few times?

the witness had absolutely no idea about the tweets, and would not have known until afterwards if it wasnt for schiff having his phone right there.
Why go there at all? Why in God's name would anyone want to attempt to DEFEND such batsh*t crazy behavior on the part of the President of the United States for crying out loud??!!!?

At BEST, it was an incredibly STUPID and JUVENILE thing to do. At WORST, the tweet was a clear message to future inquiry witnesses that if they say anything bad against him, he's going to personally bash them on twitter.

Regardless of how crazy he behaves, Trump IS the President of the United States. People do pay attention to what he says and tweets.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
Why go there at all? Why in God's name would anyone want to attempt to DEFEND such batsh*t crazy behavior on the part of the President of the United States for crying out loud??!!!?

At BEST, it was an incredibly STUPID and JUVENILE thing to do. At WORST, the tweet was a clear message to future inquiry witnesses that if they say anything bad against him, he's going to personally bash them on twitter.

Regardless of how crazy he behaves, Trump IS the President of the United States. People do pay attention to what he says and tweets.
can you even read? that is an honest question. you lack basic reading comprehension skills.

at no point have i defended what he wrote. i think its stupid and juvenile. omg we agree?!!?!!

where i disagreed with people is that, while stupid, it is not intimidating. for a generation that claims to be tough, you get triggered extremely easily.

criticizing someone =\= intimidation

is it really that hard to understand? i get that you went to nebraska, maybe i should repeat it a few times?
The witness would have been told on break.

can you even read? that is an honest question. you lack basic reading comprehension skills.

at no point have i defended what he wrote. i think its stupid and juvenile.
But NOT intimidating. See? I can read. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

for a generation that claims to be tough, you get triggered extremely easily.
Yeah, people, if you testify against our President, you'd better not be a snowflake! :rolleyes:

To me, that seems like a pretty reasonable position for the public at this stage. If 70% of the ublic

Really? After everything this administration has given us - including Volume II of the Mueller report - you think 40% is disturbingly high?

Yeah. Trump was found to be not complicit in the russia collusion story so it should have no effect on this more recent story. I know that its unreasonable to ask most people to get past their subjective feelings about a person, but when a person is the subject of a 2 year long investigation and found not-guilty in essence, bias should go away. I realize that this is unreasonably idealistic, but that's how justice should work.

when a person is the subject of a 2 year long investigation and found not-guilty in essence, bias should go away.
Found not guilty?

Funny thing, I could have sworn that sitting Presidents can't be charged according to DOJ policy.

A billion in aid held up unless and until another gov't fires a prosecutor checking out the company employing the son of the gov't official overseeing the country in which the son's money is coming from should do it.

The thing that's bothered me since the beginning is if Trump had a (D) next to his name, conservatives would be having a righteous field day going off on him. They never would have tolerated the same behavior from a liberal that we get daily from this guy.

The thing that's bothered me since the beginning is if Trump had a (D) next to his name, conservatives would be having a righteous field day going off on him. They never would have tolerated the same behavior from a liberal that we get daily from this guy.
You expect them to give a sh*t about our country? Trump's behavior is appalling by any standard of decency, respect, and statesmanship and they know it. It's all about protecting the tribe, baby!

Aside from the conservatives that are never trumpers, you do realize that the Democrat Congresspeople that have been calling for his impeachment since before he was even sworn in and then have worked ever since to undo the election have caused a good number of conservatives to dig their heels in and get defensive. People are far less likely to be reasonable when they feel like they have to defend themselves or their decisions. The more the left pushes their impeachment position the more defensive people will be. It’s only natural.

People are far less likely to be reasonable when they feel like they have to defend themselves or their decisions. The more the left pushes their impeachment position the more defensive people will be. It’s only natural.
This is not about digging in your heels and supporting your favorite football team through thick and thin. We're talking about decisions that impact the welfare of OUR COUNTRY for crying out loud!

People who support Trump should feel compelled to defend themselves.

Trump can't help himself, he is a typical white man, or ahh orange man.

still not intimidation. get out of here with that crap. he said she was shitty at her job.
Yeah, experiencing the public humiliation of having the President of the United States say you were shitty at your job is not intimidating in the least. :rolleyes:

Reactions: firm_bizzle
Yeah. Trump was found to be not complicit in the russia collusion story so it should have no effect on this more recent story. I know that its unreasonable to ask most people to get past their subjective feelings about a person, but when a person is the subject of a 2 year long investigation and found not-guilty in essence, bias should go away. I realize that this is unreasonably idealistic, but that's how justice should work.

I don't think finding Trump "not complicit in the Russia collusion story" is an accurate characterization of the Mueller report. I'm not going to start going into details, but if you haven't already, take some time and skim through the actual report. It easily justifies the existence of the investigation itself, particularly from a counterintelligence perspective.

Also, the findings in the Obstruction section are 100% relevant in the current setting. I'd have a hard time impeaching a POTUS over any single act of "obstructing" an investigation. A pattern however is far different. Volume II of the Mueller report provides ample evidence of an intentional and repeated pattern of behavior intended to obstruct investigations personally impacting the President. In the sense the Congress determines POTUS is obstructing their investigation, that's absolutely relevant to establishing a pattern of behavior.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT