ADVERTISEMENT

Why can't we just have an honest and official explanation as to why we lost 2 home games?

Its been all over the GT board and Kelly Quinlan's twitter. Actually, just found this when searching for a link for you

Now I'm really fumigating. I'm starting a riot at Spectrum in protest this BS!

Better call the National Guard! They will never stop me in time! :boxing:

Oh.... wait.. They are already there :weary::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::flushed:

Everything was lost once the kids didn't have to stay with the team by Friday morning. Had they had to do so for the Memphis game, it would have been different.

That's just the reality. It explains why our AD didn't consider the option. If you don't like it, go complain to DW and SF that they should have kept the kids on-campus, and not let them go.

But I really don't think you should.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
But here's the irony in that:

Something is fishy. Somebody is lying or holding back the truth and info. It's sad that GT people know more than us about all of this and we are right here. Maybe we are too disappointed and not thinking outside the box. Nobody had brought up this point before. Lots of good points. Thanks.

I'm just wondering. Are we seeing the inexperience of our AD and head coach in making tough decisions. Sounds like DW had options

But here's the irony in that:

This Kelly dude is on fire!
Did he seriously compare football preparation (weekly games) to soccer preparation (2-4 days between)?

BTW, for Men's, Tuesday was postponed, and Friday was already scheduled away.
- http://ucfknights.com/schedule.aspx?path=msoc

I bet we did let the soccer student-athletes go home too.

And for Women's, we've cancelled the entire slate so far ...
- http://ucfknights.com/schedule.aspx?path=wsoc

Seriously, this is trolling at its best. Someone really needs to shut this guy up. I'd be reaching out to Stansbury at this time, except it would just make it worse.

Last edited:
Trolling? I'm just posting the facts that I found out on our end. Everything I have said was going around our boards on Monday. You're the first person that has accused me of trolling. Most everyone else has at least had positive comments to what I've said.

By the way UPS just delivered my parking pass for Saturday.

Trolling? I'm just posting the facts that I found out on our end. Everything I have said was going around our boards on Monday. You're the first person that has accused me of trolling. Most everyone else has at least had positive comments to what I've said.

By the way UPS just delivered my parking pass for Saturday.
Please mail it to me the one I have isn't quite big enough cover the hole left when my insides were ripped out of me.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
Did he seriously compare football preparation (weekly games) to soccer preparation (2-4 days between)?

BTW, for Men's, Tuesday was postponed, and Friday was already scheduled away.
- http://ucfknights.com/schedule.aspx?path=msoc

I bet we did let the soccer student-athletes go home too.

And for Women's, we've cancelled the entire slate so far ...
- http://ucfknights.com/schedule.aspx?path=wsoc

Seriously, this is trolling at its best. Someone really needs to shut this guy up. I'd be reaching out to Stansbury at this time, except it would just make it worse.
So you're "betting we let soccer go home" as opposed to this Kelly guys actual reporting?

So you're "betting we let soccer go home" as opposed to this Kelly guys actual reporting?
And you guys make fun of me? Are you that shallow as this guy? You don't understand sports at all?

Soccer is like baseball, much smaller team than football, and often plays games against different teams only 2 days apart, sometimes back-to-back. So ...

WTF are you, like the nitwit troller in Atlanta, comparing a football team, of well over 50 players, with [a] cancelled game(s) that breaks for a weekend to a soccer team, of under 25, with [a] cancelled game(s) that also breaks for the same weekend? A football team is like a a soccer team? Really?!

I mean ... do you guys really, really not understand sports at all?! Really?!

Trolling? I'm ...
I wasn't speaking of you. I'm speaking of the Atlanta fella. Although if you're willing to showcase your ignorance of sports, in agreeing with him, and tell everyone else that you are that full of non-sense, I don't know what to tell you guys.

Seriously ... let it go. The more you chatter on about this troll, the worse you look.

If only we had sports reporters in Orlando
It sounds like they don't have one in Atlanta either. ;)

Never seen such ignorance of soccer.

Last edited:
And you guys make fun of me? Are you that shallow as this guy? You don't understand sports at all?

Soccer is like baseball, much smaller team than football, and often plays games against different teams only 2 days apart, sometimes back-to-back. So ...

WTF are you, like the nitwit troller in Atlanta, comparing a football team, of well over 50 players, with [a] cancelled game(s) that breaks for a weekend to a soccer team, of under 25, with [a] cancelled game(s) that also breaks for the same weekend? A football team is like a a soccer team? Really?!

I mean ... do you guys really, really not understand sports at all?! Really?!

I wasn't speaking of you. I'm speaking of the Atlanta fella. Although if you're willing to showcase your ignorance of sports, in agreeing with him, and tell everyone else that you are that full of non-sense, I don't know what to tell you guys.

Seriously ... let it go. The more you chatter on about this troll, the worse you look.

It sounds like they don't have one in Atlanta either. ;)

Never seen such ignorance of soccer.

You need to appreciate real fans.

Reactions: Mikesi
haha. It's no good now. Stubhub refunded me the cost before it even arrived. Lot E6, too. I was pumped. Y'all be good. I'm gonna go away now. Hope to chat it up in 2020.
I usually trash the hell out of most visitors from other schools. Not always, but often. Thanks for enlightening us to the GT side of the story. There are always 2 sides and I'm not feeling this great about the UCF side right now. You're welcome here as far a I'm concerned and you're not a troll.

Reactions: UCFhonors
Guys, Georgia Tech guy here. I think all SarasotaJacket was saying was that the football players weren't "released for their safety". If that were true, other sports teams (like the Soccer team) would have been let go too. That's all he was saying. He wasn't trying to prepare soccer and football prep to each other.

We are truly sorry for all you guys are going through with the storm and with this. I hope you know we tried to accommodate (from everything I've read), switching the game to Atlanta and the next one down to UCF. We would have been amenable to playing in the Citrus Bowl. It just honestly sounds like the administration expected the end of the world based on storm forecasts, and never made any contingencies or backup plans in case it wasn't. It turns out it wasn't nearly as bad as everyone thought and now here we are. Friday USF plays in Tampa, Saturday FAMU plays there, and Sunday the Bucs. Friday night the UCF women's soccer team plays. It just seems like the UCF football team/operations/administration bungled the whole thing.

Personally, I think the game should have been played in the Citrus Bowl. You guys could have given away tickets for free or $10 to anybody in the community and first responders. You could have done a whole #OrlandoStrong thing and made it a big community event to give folks a break after a week of cleaning up. I think it was a big missed opportunity there.

Good luck with the rest of your season.

Guys, Georgia Tech guy here. I think all SarasotaJacket was saying was that the football players weren't "released for their safety". If that were true, other sports teams (like the Soccer team) would have been let go too. That's all he was saying. He wasn't trying to prepare soccer and football prep to each other.

We are truly sorry for all you guys are going through with the storm and with this. I hope you know we tried to accommodate (from everything I've read), switching the game to Atlanta and the next one down to UCF. We would have been amenable to playing in the Citrus Bowl. It just honestly sounds like the administration expected the end of the world based on storm forecasts, and never made any contingencies or backup plans in case it wasn't. It turns out it wasn't nearly as bad as everyone thought and now here we are. Friday USF plays in Tampa, Saturday FAMU plays there, and Sunday the Bucs. Friday night the UCF women's soccer team plays. It just seems like the UCF football team/operations/administration bungled the whole thing.

Personally, I think the game should have been played in the Citrus Bowl. You guys could have given away tickets for free or $10 to anybody in the community and first responders. You could have done a whole #OrlandoStrong thing and made it a big community event to give folks a break after a week of cleaning up. I think it was a big missed opportunity there.

Sounds about right. They may have even made the GT game happen if the Memphis fiasco had not happened. UCF made the call early to move up the game, Memphis got on the plane, and the whole thing fell apart in embarrassing fashion. It looked bad, and they did not want to repeat that mistake where the road team shows up and the game has to be cancelled last minute. A lot of moving parts and it's created a bad situation all around. It has become abundantly clear that all programs in hurricane-prone areas need to have contingency plans in place well before a season starts. These talks about alternate sites and plans to switch should begin in July, not the week the storm is coming. Best of luck on the rest of your season.

I bought all the tiki torches that Home Depot had. Let's go after work. Gonna be a riot! #blackandgoldlivesmatter

(As the NSA flags you)

Remember the motto of the powerful....

"Supress the truth from the masses"

"Conjure up a smoke screen to create noise, confusion and then ambivalence amongst the public"

"Quell any uprisings by detaining everyone and anyone no matter what their voice"

Completely agree except there is plenty of room to practice at our outdoor practice fields and access our stadium.

Sounds about right. They may have even made the GT game happen if the Memphis fiasco had not happened. UCF made the call early to move up the game, Memphis got on the plane, and the whole thing fell apart in embarrassing fashion. It looked bad, and they did not want to repeat that mistake where the road team shows up and the game has to be cancelled last minute. A lot of moving parts and it's created a bad situation all around. It has become abundantly clear that all programs in hurricane-prone areas need to have contingency plans in place well before a season starts. These talks about alternate sites and plans to switch should begin in July, not the week the storm is coming. Best of luck on the rest of your season.
Yep. Pretty much sounds about right
As Forrest Gump said "that's all I have to say about that."

I agree with most that accepting to flip-flop the home and home with GT made the most sense and would've been a no brainer to keep the schedule relatively intact, possibly play an 11 game schedule with Memphis being rescheduled we only drop an FCS team from the schedule (big whoop) and we could deal with an 11-game season. Not playing GT at all and now dropping 2 OOC games is ridiculous. With that said, supposedly UCF is making efforts to add at least 1 other game this season, presumably an OOC game as an additional conf game wouldn't make any sense at all. I got to thinking, UCF wasn't the only team affected with having to cancel games this weekend. Just off the top of my head, the following teams all have had to cancel at least one game due to Irma and/or Harvey.

USF
UConn
Houston
UTSA
Florida
Florida St
Miami
Arkansas St

I know were others, but forget who UF and FSU were playing (FCS I thought). Obviously USF and UConn are already scheduled and not options. Houston doesn't make sense to add a 9th conf game. That leaves UTSA, UF, FSU, Miami, and Arkansas St. Wouldn't it be somewhat conceivable that UF, FSU, or Miami would want to maintain 12 games and might entertain the slim possibility of a matchup with UCF? Maybe not Miami as they bailed on Arkansas St, but UF/FSU would upgrade their schedule over the FCS they cancelled and they need a quality OOC win after losing hard to Bama and Michigan respectively. Not saying UCF couldn't beat UF or FSU, but it'd be a challenge and mutually beneficial for both teams to have a quality opponent added. With that said... a matchup with UTSA or Arkansas St appears like a more feasible solution, with either possibly played in Orlando or a Home-and-Home series setup.

I haven't checked schedules and BYE weeks but... thoughts?

I agree with most that accepting to flip-flop the home and home with GT made the most sense and would've been a no brainer to keep the schedule relatively intact, possibly play an 11 game schedule with Memphis being rescheduled we only drop an FCS team from the schedule (big whoop) and we could deal with an 11-game season. Not playing GT at all and now dropping 2 OOC games is ridiculous. With that said, supposedly UCF is making efforts to add at least 1 other game this season, presumably an OOC game as an additional conf game wouldn't make any sense at all. I got to thinking, UCF wasn't the only team affected with having to cancel games this weekend. Just off the top of my head, the following teams all have had to cancel at least one game due to Irma and/or Harvey.

USF
UConn
Houston
UTSA
Florida
Florida St
Miami
Arkansas St

I know were others, but forget who UF and FSU were playing (FCS I thought). Obviously USF and UConn are already scheduled and not options. Houston doesn't make sense to add a 9th conf game. That leaves UTSA, UF, FSU, Miami, and Arkansas St. Wouldn't it be somewhat conceivable that UF, FSU, or Miami would want to maintain 12 games and might entertain the slim possibility of a matchup with UCF? Maybe not Miami as they bailed on Arkansas St, but UF/FSU would upgrade their schedule over the FCS they cancelled and they need a quality OOC win after losing hard to Bama and Michigan respectively. Not saying UCF couldn't beat UF or FSU, but it'd be a challenge and mutually beneficial for both teams to have a quality opponent added. With that said... a matchup with UTSA or Arkansas St appears like a more feasible solution, with either possibly played in Orlando or a Home-and-Home series setup.

I haven't checked schedules and BYE weeks but... thoughts?
Obviously my thoughts about playing FSU, UF, or Miami wouid just about make this whole thing right again. Adding Memphis over Maine would be an upgrade from where we are. Doing both of the above wouid be a minor miracle. Problem is where do we put these games? We have one bye week

Now you're thinking! Thanks

Obviously my thoughts about playing FSU, UF, or Miami wouid just about make this whole thing right again. Adding Memphis over Maine would be an upgrade from where we are. Doing both of the above wouid be a minor miracle. Problem is where do we put these games? We have one bye week

Now you're thinking! Thanks
Do any of our BYE weeks lineup, with any of the above mentioned teams? I mean we may have to suck it up and play the gauntlet, but it is what it is. Maybe if none of our "Big 3" will come to the Spectrum, maybe they'd agree to a game at the Citrus Bowl errr... Camping World Stadium? I know we played UF in basketball at the Amway Center before for whatever reason (a game that we won btw). UCF vs any of the Big 3 at CWS would be a sell-out for sure, great for all college fans in Central Fla.

Do any of our BYE weeks lineup, with any of the above mentioned teams? I mean we may have to suck it up and play the gauntlet, but it is what it is. Maybe if none of our "Big 3" will come to the Spectrum, maybe they'd agree to a game at the Citrus Bowl errr... Camping World Stadium? I know we played UF in basketball at the Amway Center before for whatever reason (a game that we won btw). UCF vs any of the Big 3 at CWS would be a sell-out for sure, great for all college fans in Central Fla.
I'll have to research it, but I only know that UCF and Houston share bye weeks. I doubt UCF will have a problem giving up their bye week. It's just so easy to cancel games midseason, but so difficult to add them

Wouldn't
Mind a rematch with Arkansas St

Do you have proof soccer wasn't let go? That's the thing.

It's an assumption that was made!

From what I saw, soccer (both mens and womens) have cancelled a lot of games and a lot of practices. They cancelled everything, even this weekend's games, other than the mens game that is remote on Friday.

I.e., UCF could have easily let the kids go, and then as long as they were back by Wednesday or Thursday, mens soccer could fly out for their away game.

UCF football has to have Mon-Wed prep, and that was out-the-window the second the Memphis game was cancelled.

Brandon et al. -- do you have any verification that all teams were let go, at least the soccer teams? Can you verify UCFAA, Inc. forced soccer student-athletes to stay on-campus? Would settle this once-and-for-all.

This is what I get tired of. Assumptions.

Last edited:
Personally, I think the game should have been played in the Citrus Bowl.
You obviously don't understand why we will never play there ...
Other than for a Bowl game with contractual obligiations pre-established (so UCFAA, Inc. can't get bent over ... yet again). Ergo ...

You guys could have given away tickets ...
See above.

HINT: We have no control over Florida Citrus Sports! They, the city of Orlando and everyone else around them bends us over and f's us, repeatedly.

That's why we built the OCS. We finally gave them all the finger, along with the State, incorporated our Athletics private (UCFAA, Inc.), to get away from them, and actually control things. Especially when they told us we were going to pay to repair the Citrus Bowl, and we still wouldn't get a dime. The city of Orlando was even counting on that! Then ... boom! We left.

I.e., UCFAA, Inc. has no ability to offer any tickets to any event at the Citrus Bowl ... period ... ever, and quite the opposite! They will bend us over, if it suits them. Especially now that we offer a 2nd avenue in town, which hurts their bottom line in negotiations.

E.g., FSU would do a home-home with UCF, as long as the game in Orlando as at the Citrus Bowl. Florida Citrus Sports is more than ready to bend us over for that too.

P.S. Welcome to the UCF "Kiddie Board," where well known history and facts don't exist, and the suggestions are always at odds with those realities. ;)

Last edited:
Well I checked and NOBODY has a free date for our BYE week on Oct 28th. So I guess can't look into trying to schedule anybody until the conference schedule shuffling finishes and UCF vs Memphis is ultimately rescheduled. Maybe can reassess then (if our BYE moves).

Florida isn't playing us, especially in a year when they are terrible.
And it's not worth arguing about whether we should have moved the game to Atlanta bc according to UCFBS and Miltonian if you lose even one hour of prep time then you might as well cancel the whole thing.

Curious.. they aren't free during UCF's Oct 28th BYE week, but doesn't Hawaii have a clause where they are permitted to play a 13th game, as sort of a "reward" for their extreme travel situation? I checked their schedule and they only have 12 on the schedule for this yr. I assume this 13th game for Hawaii is an extra home game? Theoretically could play a game vs Hawaii, but not sure UCF playing a game in Honolulu without a BYE really helps any at all. If was decided sooner, I noticed Hawaii does have a BYE this weekend however.

Florida isn't playing us, especially in a year when they are terrible.
And it's not worth arguing about whether we should have moved the game to Atlanta bc according to UCFBS and Miltonian if you lose even one hour of prep time then you might as well cancel the whole thing.
Is Florida terrible or did they just have half their team suspended vs Michigan?

Do you have proof soccer wasn't let go? That's the thing.

It's an assumption that was made!

From what I saw, soccer (both mens and womens) have cancelled a lot of games and a lot of practices. They cancelled everything, even this weekend's games, other than the mens game that is remote on Friday.

I.e., UCF could have easily let the kids go, and then as long as they were back by Wednesday or Thursday, mens soccer could fly out for their away game.

UCF football has to have Mon-Wed prep, and that was out-the-window the second the Memphis game was cancelled.

Brandon et al. -- do you have any verification that all teams were let go, at least the soccer teams? Can you verify UCFAA, Inc. forced soccer student-athletes to stay on-campus? Would settle this once-and-for-all.

This is what I get tired of. Assumptions.

I made the assumption the team was kept around and had a game Friday because I read somewhere the team was kept around and there was a game Friday. I can't remember where I read it. But I do remember that as of yesterday the game was still on and listed on the schedule. In fact, I just looked it up, and the women's soccer game wasn't canceled until yesterday afternoon when Florida Gulf Coast had trouble getting back from being out west in Arizona. FGCU couldn't get back here, UCF was ready to play:
http://www.fgcuathletics.com/news/2...-fgcu-wsoccer-match-against-ucf-canceled.aspx

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT