ADVERTISEMENT

Why does Trump hate the military so much?

yep, one more reason to vote Biden, he no longer has any mental, to have in disorder.

What kind of incoherent nonsense is this? Another stunning display from the geriatric of the board.

And I love how the Pavlovian response from this idiot is not to address the matter at hand, but go straight to Biden. Solid lapdog move from the pool cleaner.

Last edited:
Reactions: NinjaKnight
The real question is why so many active military and military veterans support a guy who has nothing but contempt from them and their service. It seriously boggles the mind.

The real question is why so many active military and military veterans support a guy who has nothing but contempt from them and their service. It seriously boggles the mind.

I can't for the life of me understand this either. I try talking to them and I just walk away realizing they are completely and utterly brainwashed. It's a cult.

Luckily his support is decreasing throughout the military, both O's (which never as a majority supported him) and E's.

The Atlantic used to be a magazine that uses nuance and reason to make interesting points. Now it publishes Jamele Hill, doesn’t fact check anything and is just a mouthpiece for thoughtless ideology.

I’m not interested in defending Trump, he has constant mouth diarrhea, but I wouldn’t be surprised if this article is just political tomfoolery.

The Atlantic used to be a magazine that uses nuance and reason to make interesting points. Now it publishes Jamele Hill, doesn’t fact check anything and is just a mouthpiece for thoughtless ideology.

I’m not interested in defending Trump, he has constant mouth diarrhea, but I wouldn’t be surprised if this article is just political tomfoolery.
Couldn't agree more. This article seems way too sensational to be factual.

Reactions: AAC6800

True. And I have no doubt that this is 100% factual. He kinda sorta said some stuff publically about McCain that fits with this.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
True. And I have no doubt that this is 100% factual. He kinda sorta said some stuff publically about McCain that fits with this.
He did kinda say these things about McCain, but remember McCain had a role in the dossier and was against Trump. Trump said those things as a response to McCain, just like he has to anyone who goes against him.

The claims by the Atlantic, without any evidence, seem a bit far reaching to me. And while the president says a lot of controversial things, this one just smells off to me. I'm willing to change my mind if a recording or something surfaces.

He did kinda say these things about McCain, but remember McCain had a role in the dossier and was against Trump. Trump said those things as a response to McCain, just like he has to anyone who goes against him.

The claims by the Atlantic, without any evidence, seem a bit far reaching to me. And while the president says a lot of controversial things, this one just smells off to me. I'm willing to change my mind if a recording or something surfaces.

Um, he said that stuff about McCain as a candidate—long before the dossier.

Um, he said that stuff about McCain as a candidate—long before the dossier.
Um, Trump knew about McCains beliefs before hand. Trump knew McCain was anti Trump before alot of stuff eventually came out to the public. Trump's rule is to go against anyone that goes against him.

Um, Trump knew about McCains beliefs before hand. Trump knew McCain was anti Trump before alot of stuff eventually came out to the public. Trump's rule is to go against anyone that goes against him.

lmao. That’s not what you initially intimated.

It still shows he is more than capable of trashing someone's military service.

Reactions: KnighttimeJoe
I wonder how many people who pretend they are offended with kneeling before a game, are now suddenly not going to care about disrespecting the troops?

Reactions: DaShuckster
Why? He says stupid shit all the time, but saying more stupid shit seems sensational? It fits his character to a tee.
If it was 1 or 2 things, sure. It just seemed like the article kept going on and on with more examples so it was kind of over the top.

If it was 1 or 2 things, sure. It just seemed like the article kept going on and on with more examples so it was kind of over the top.

But this was the event in France that he didnt attend because it was raining. I can most certainly picture him arguing with people about attending the event and saying dumbass stuff like this in the process.

But this was the event in France that he didnt attend because it was raining. I can most certainly picture him arguing with people about attending the event and saying dumbass stuff like this in the process.
"Belleau Wood is a consequential battle in American history, and the ground on which it was fought is venerated by the Marine Corps. America and its allies stopped the German advance toward Paris there in the spring of 1918. But Trump, on that same trip, asked aides, “Who were the good guys in this war?” He also said that he didn’t understand why the United States would intervene on the side of the Allies."

The last statement is actually a question worthy of debate, but "who were the good guys in this war" is not something that a nationalist would say. It brings the whole article into question.

Reactions: nosurf2day
lmao. That’s not what you initially intimated.
That is building on what I said before. I said Trump came out against McCain partly because of McCains role in the dossier and partly because McCain is anti Trump. And then I elaborated by saying Trump knew about his involvement before the media reported it.

It still shows he is more than capable of trashing someone's military service.
Fair point. But just because Trump said something against McCain doesn't imply Trump said something about the troops in France.. You can be upset all you want, but that logic to say he said this, therefore he must have said this other thing, is just incorrect.

We should rely on facts and evidence and that article has no facts or evidence he said those things. I am willing to believe he did when they provide evidence.

Fair point. But just because Trump said something against McCain doesn't imply Trump said something about the troops in France.. You can be upset all you want, but that logic to say he said this, therefore he must have said this other thing, is just incorrect.

We should rely on facts and evidence and that article has no facts or evidence he said those things. I am willing to believe he did when they provide evidence.

For anyone who doesn't have a history of being a sociopathic liar, you are correct. For trump, no. Hell, trump just tried to claim he's never called McCain a loser, yet there are recordings and tweets of him doing so.

Trump does not live in the same reality as the rest of us.

Reactions: hemightbejeremy
"Belleau Wood is a consequential battle in American history, and the ground on which it was fought is venerated by the Marine Corps. America and its allies stopped the German advance toward Paris there in the spring of 1918. But Trump, on that same trip, asked aides, “Who were the good guys in this war?” He also said that he didn’t understand why the United States would intervene on the side of the Allies."

The last statement is actually a question worthy of debate, but "who were the good guys in this war" is not something that a nationalist would say. It brings the whole article into question.
I'm going to go ahead and reiterate Trump's question: "who were the good guys?" We sided with the triple entente, which sided with the country that assassinated Franz Ferdinand. WW1 was a very convoluted deal and we could have just as easily sided with Germany as we did France/Russia. It makes for a great "what if" question.

For anyone who doesn't have a history of being a sociopathic liar, you are correct. For trump, no. Hell, trump just tried to claim he's never called McCain a loser, yet there are recordings and tweets of him doing so.

Trump does not live in the same reality as the rest of us.
If they provide facts I will believe them. Using other instances as proof isn't evidence. You're deflecting here, I'm not arguing whether Trump is crazy or not, or whether he is a liar. Im arguing that the Atlantic didn't provide evidence to their claims, that is all.

If they provide facts I will believe them. Using other instances as proof isn't evidence. You're deflecting here, I'm not arguing whether Trump is crazy or not, or whether he is a liar. Im arguing that the Atlantic didn't provide evidence to their claims, that is all.
What evidence would you require other than a source stating what he said to him/her? This isn’t a trial. You can say it’s hearsay, sure. But if you are waiting on videos for everything he is alleged to have said, then it will be impossible to satisfy you. The Access Hollywood type tape just isn’t going to exist for every situation. His quoted statements here are completely within character of everything he has done or said in the past. Sure they aren’t proof that he disparages the military. But we pretty much had that already.

What kind of incoherent nonsense is this? Another stunning display from the geriatric of the board.

And I love how the Pavlovian response from this idiot is not to address the matter at hand, but go straight to Biden. Solid lapdog move from the pool cleaner.

One person has come forward who was there during the meeting, and said it didn't happen, and she was willing to go on the record, unlike the other people. The reporter who wrote the article said he had to fill in the blanks on what the off the record people said. In other words, he made it up. Just more fake news, designed to get bad orange man in the news and Naughty Nancy off it.

Who has more credibility? The Atlantic, or trump?

What evidence would you require other than a source stating what he said to him/her? This isn’t a trial. You can say it’s hearsay, sure. But if you are waiting on videos for everything he is alleged to have said, then it will be impossible to satisfy you. The Access Hollywood type tape just isn’t going to exist for every situation. His quoted statements here are completely within character of everything he has done or said in the past. Sure they aren’t proof that he disparages the military. But we pretty much had that already.
Proof would be a recording of him saying it. Evidence that would help remove some reasonable doubt would be a person coming forth with evidence they were around the president when he said it.... For example, if Kushner came forth and said he said it, it would give credibility...but as the statement stands, there is nothing to go on...For example I could write an article that says, "a source close to the administration says Trump stated we never landed on the moon"

To break this down 1) close to the administration is vague and is a reference term that doesn't mean anything. I could say that I met Trump once, and therefore I am close with the president, that's my opinion.

2) I could be making a lie that you can't verify. How can you verify that Trump said people didn't land on the moon?

Think of this as a court setting. I claim the defendant said something. I can't tell you who told me and I don't have any recording of it. How would a judge look at it?

I'm looking at this as being unbiased. Many posters here are so controlled by their political feelings and don't even realize it.

Proof would be a recording of him saying it. Evidence that would help remove some reasonable doubt would be a person coming forth with evidence they were around the president when he said it.... For example, if Kushner came forth and said he said it, it would give credibility...but as the statement stands, there is nothing to go on...For example I could write an article that says, "a source close to the administration says Trump stated we never landed on the moon"

To break this down 1) close to the administration is vague and is a reference term that doesn't mean anything. I could say that I met Trump once, and therefore I am close with the president, that's my opinion.

2) I could be making a lie that you can't verify. How can you verify that Trump said people didn't land on the moon?

Think of this as a court setting. I claim the defendant said something. I can't tell you who told me and I don't have any recording of it. How would a judge look at it?

I'm looking at this as being unbiased. Many posters here are so controlled by their political feelings and don't even realize it.
It’s not a court setting. It’s an article. None of the things you mentioned apply. They have quotes from sources. If they turn out to be made up, then their credibility takes a hit. That’s it. It’s not a trial.

There really is no amount of evidence that would satisfy the MAGA fan club. There are still people who believe he didn't raw dog Stormy Daniels and pay her off, because Trump said he had no clue what in the world what she was talking about. In spite a mountain of evidence to the contrary in situations like these, it's all just hearsay, a massive plot to undermine him, fake news, mean people, ugly people, etc., etc., etc., So, just move along. NBD. Hell, if we are lucky we can get the pool cleaner goodknightfl to complete the trifecta of deflection and bring Hillary into the discussion. He's 2 for 2 so far with Biden and Pelosi.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT