ADVERTISEMENT

Why is it that most people who don’t want to open up the economy don’t work anyway?

I generally agree, but it's hard to imagine that NYC could have been any worse just based on what we know about the virus, the living conditions, and the amount of time before they locked down. Its a recipe for disaster. But through it all, the response outpaced the need. Its pretty impressive, really.

It's hard to know exactly. NYC did shut a lot of things down, but certainly people were still on subways and what not. Hard to know exactly how much worse it would have been had they not shut anything down, or on the other side how much better it would have been had they shutdown subways and other things down completely.

Bump

Still haven’t heard one left wing radical say that they NEEDED TO WORK

Last edited:
Reactions: Crazyhole
Really none of my business. How badly? Are you getting help financially?
Zero new dollars. We are lucky that we have a considerable amount of A/R. I'm more concerned that things won't go back to normal when we open again. It's not like flipping a switch.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
You need to watch that video and see if it doesn't piss you off that we are still not open. It's a non political conversation with two doctors.
Video does not equal research with statistics that I can look at. I'm not making decisions about my future based on 2 dudes on a YouTube video.

The bottom line is based on actually statistics, there are a lot of positive cases and relatively few deaths

Because the curve was flattened. That's a good thing.

He was never going to need 30k respirators. The curve only flattened in the last 10 days.

Elon Musk just tweeted out that the hospitals get paid more if patients get listed as covid 19. Scam away and scare the betas.

Hospital officials would never lie to get extra money. *

The bottom line is based on actually statistics, there are a lot of positive cases and relatively few deaths
Statistics that I can't see. I'm open to looking at their work when they publish it.

Everything they mentioned is based on factual data and frankly the data is backing up their factual statements. So far fauci has been wrong on everything. The lockdown was intended to slow the spread so hospitals were not overwhelmed. The hospitals aren't full and nurses are getting furloughed. That navy medical ship was supposed to cover the additional patients and they just left with only one patient remaining.

The Wuhan flu is barely more deadly than the flu. We don't run around in masks for that either.
It's easy to Monday morning quarterback when the worst case scenario doesn't occur. That actually means that you did things right. Post a link to their published work and I'll be happy to change my mind if their conclusion is backed up by facts and statically significant.

It's easy to Monday morning quarterback when the worst case scenario doesn't occur. That actually means that you did things right. Post a link to their published work and I'll be happy to change my mind if their conclusion is backed up by facts and statically significant.

lol isn't Monday Morning quarterbacking what you guys have been doing nonstop when it comes to the President? You all told us on April 15th exactly what should have been done on January 31st, etc. You're all experts and everything done was wrong, remember?

Now Monday Morning QB'ing is off the table?

lol isn't Monday Morning quarterbacking what you guys have been doing nonstop when it comes to the President? You all told us on April 15th exactly what should have been done on January 31st, etc. You're all experts and everything done was wrong, remember?

Yeah, that one was pretty rich.

There is no proof going to extreme measures is doing anything if you want to pull that card. The virus sits on plastic for 3 days and other surfaces over a day but somehow people think coscto is safe but beaches are not. Going to a furniture store = not safe. Going to a packed Target = safe

New York now has over 3 million infected and probably well over a million of those didn't even have a symptom. But let's shut down the entire economy for healthy folks. Tokyo didn't even shut down and they didn't have it bad. So the half @ss shutdown going to Walmart, Target, Costco etc but not Kohl's isn't changing a thing.

Tokyo:

Now isn't that odd. If there's a city in the world that could be compared to NYC that would be it. Why would their numbers be so much better?

Just think this one through. 2 doctors that own 5 ER clinics come out and put themselves at personal risk by going against basically every government agency. Don't you think they must have a lot of confidence in what they are saying? This isn't just a couple of hacks, they are established successful doctors.

Just think this one through. 2 doctors that own 5 ER clinics come out and put themselves at personal risk by going against basically every government agency. Don't you think they must have a lot of confidence in what they are saying? This isn't just a couple of hacks, they are established successful doctors.
Their data is derived while under a stay at home order. Also they are not practicing Emergency physicians. They own urgent cares with a huge motivation to increase their production.

Everything was done inconsistently.

There is no proof going to extreme measures is doing anything if you want to pull that card. The virus sits on plastic for 3 days and other surfaces over a day but somehow people think coscto is safe but beaches are not. Going to a furniture store = not safe. Going to a packed Target = safe

New York now has over 3 million infected and probably well over a million of those didn't even have a symptom. But let's shut down the entire economy for healthy folks. Tokyo didn't even shut down and they didn't have it bad. So the half @ss shutdown going to Walmart, Target, Costco etc but not Kohl's isn't changing a thing.

Nobody knows how bad this is going to get. The local government entities have been dependent on federal data and guidance. Without leadership from the feds, it was a prudent decision to shutdown in the most logical way at the time. Every month we learn a little more about the effects of this virus and can adjust accordingly.

Their data is derived while under a stay at home order. Also they are not practicing Emergency physicians. They own urgent cares with a huge motivation to increase their production.
Except they produced numbers from places that weren't under a stay-at-home order.

Its fine to say that you aren't interested in watching and listening to their data, but making assumptions on what they are saying out of hand is pretty reckless.

Except they produced numbers from places that weren't under a stay-at-home order.

Its fine to say that you aren't interested in watching and listening to their data, but making assumptions on what they are saying out of hand is pretty reckless.
They produced nothing. That is my entire point.

Georgia is opening up more which is not seeing an increase of deaths. Let that sink in. Tokyo never locked down. Sweden never locked down.

The half lock down is doing nothing except killing jobs. Watch the video
You aren't going to see deaths for a month. There is no "economy" without consumer confidence. You can open up as much as you want to but if people don't feel safe, they won't spend money.

They need to be honest and quote the real death rate is around the flu levels. Everyone is scared because they think the Wuhan flu is a hospital or death sentence. Unless you're really old and really sick, you will typically be fine. Looks like 90% don't even know they have it.
We don't know yet, that's why it's best to be cautious.

YouTube already getting involved censoring video content with doctors that are saying the stay at home can be lifted.
Yeah, censorship!!! We can't allow this to happen!!!

This is just like when YouTube removed another video where a doctor made a 'compelling claim' that vaccines cause autism.

Freedom of speech, baby!*
:) :) :)

Yeah, censorship!!! We can't allow this to happen!!!

This is just like when YouTube removed another video where a doctor made a 'compelling claim' that vaccines cause autism.

Freedom of speech, baby!*
:) :) :)
I'm not going to stake a claim either way on this, but the whole "vaccines causes autism" thing didn't just appear out of nothing. There had to be something that made people see some kind of causality for it to have gotten this big. It just seems like the kind of thing that would be strange to make up without a reason. What would be the motivation?

Zero new dollars. We are lucky that we have a considerable amount of A/R. I'm more concerned that things won't go back to normal when we open again. It's not like flipping a switch.
I’m not receiving anything from the government. 0 dollars. I was rolling and my March numbers were excellent (paid in April). My employer cut my salary and hours a little prematurely in my opinion. Therefore, my bonus, which the percentage hasn’t been touched, can’t be reached adequately. People have lost their jobs and insurance, and they don’t have money.

Those are major issues, but most of all, they are SCARED to go out. A/R will continue to dwindle every month, but unfortunately my employer is staying 2 steps ahead, so I expect something drastic in a few weeks if this doesn’t end soon

I'm not going to stake a claim either way on this, but the whole "vaccines causes autism" thing didn't just appear out of nothing.
Using your ironclad logic, the whole "the moon landing was faked" thing didn't just appear out of nowhere either. Hmmmmmm...

Using your ironclad logic, the whole "the moon landing was faked" thing didn't just appear out of nowhere either. Hmmmmmm...
No, there is a profit motive there. It was started by people that wanted to sell newsletters.

No, there is a profit motive there. It was started by people that wanted to sell newsletters.
A profit motive isn't necessary IMHO. My highly scientific research study of the internet reveals a strong correlation between conspiracy theories 'appearing out of nothing' and the number of batshit crazy people online. :)

You cant say it wasnt a legitimate threat because we did start social distancing and shutting many things down. There is no question social distancing has helped a lot. It is probably impossible to quantitate exactly how much it has helped, but no question it has helped. I saw someone label this as the "preparation paradox". We takes steps to prevent it from getting as bad as it might have, and people say we overreacted. Of course if we did nothing and it did get really bad, those same people would be asking why we didnt do anything.
There is no actual scientific proof that this statement is true. We like to believe that it is true because it is something that we can do that makes some sense. But that does not make scientific proof. Your "preparation paradox" works both ways; you look at the results and say, "see they could've been much worse if we hadn't done this" to justify your actions but you don't have any real scientific evidence that this is the case. There's no control group. You have a wildly inaccurate model to justify the actions.

Now, the serological testing might help us understand whether the actions we took made any difference at all. If it was here earlier and if we went a month or two with no actions and we can accurately track the actual COVID deaths and not just lump every damn person that dies into that boat, then we can make some relatively educated estimates of how the actions affected the spread. Maybe.

Reactions: Crazyhole
Add this anti-science bullshit with evolution and climate change.
Great retort, old chap. Show me the proof you have. Show me something other than your simple comparison of current statistics against a model.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT