ADVERTISEMENT

Why is it that most people who don’t want to open up the economy don’t work anyway?

You mean the one YouTube took down? :)
The video went viral, reaching over 5.46 million views, and sparked debate over recommendations to lift the shelter-in-place order. Even catching the attention of of SPaceX CEO Elon Musk.

In response to the video being taken down, Dr. Erickson said, "Anytime you push against the grain, you are going to have people who don't like it."

The video went viral, reaching over 5.46 million views, and sparked debate over recommendations to lift the shelter-in-place order. Even catching the attention of of SPaceX CEO Elon Musk.

In response to the video being taken down, Dr. Erickson said, "Anytime you push against the grain, you are going to have people who don't like it."

Itll be interesting to see if they do the same to dr atlas from stanford or Dr yadegar from cedar sinai

Reactions: Ucfmikes
2 doctors do a press conference to give their opinion and YouTube says that goes against their "terms of service".

What exactly are their terms of service and why did that video go against it?

2 doctors do a press conference to give their opinion and YouTube says that goes against their "terms of service".

The “damage” is done. The cat is out of the bag. Looks like there’s evidence that we are turning the corner. Liberals in California and elsewhere are praying for a spike.

It all comes down to that once absurd statement

“People would rather have Americans die, than Trump be right.”

The “damage” is done. The cat is out of the bag. Looks like there’s evidence that we are turning the corner. Liberals in California and elsewhere are praying for a spike.

It all goes down to that once absurd statement

“People would rather have Americans die, than Trump be right.”

I guess those doctors should be sued for malpractice if what they were saying was so dangerous that it can't be heard.

This statement might have something to do with it. :)

ACEP-AAEM Joint Statement on Physician Misinformation
The American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) and the American Academy of Emergency Medicine (AAEM) jointly and emphatically condemn the recent opinions released by Dr. Daniel Erickson and Dr. Artin Massihi. These reckless and untested musings do not speak for medical societies and are inconsistent with current science and epidemiology regarding COVID-19. As owners of local urgent care clinics, it appears these two individuals are releasing biased, non-peer reviewed data to advance their personal financial interests without regard for the public’s health.

COVID-19 misinformation is widespread and dangerous. Members of ACEP and AAEM are first-hand witnesses to the human toll that COVID-19 is taking on our communities. ACEP and AAEM strongly advise against using any statements of Drs. Erickson and Massihi as a basis for policy and decision making.

The American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) and the American Academy of Emergency Medicine (AAEM) jointly and emphatically condemn the recent opinions released by Dr. Daniel Erickson and Dr. Artin Massihi. These reckless and untested musings do not speak for medical societies and are inconsistent with current science and epidemiology regarding COVID-19. As owners of local urgent care clinics, it appears these two individuals are releasing biased, non-peer reviewed data to advance their personal financial interests without regard for the public’s health.

COVID-19 misinformation is widespread and dangerous. Members of ACEP and AAEM are first-hand witnesses to the human toll that COVID-19 is taking on our communities. ACEP and AAEM strongly advise against using any statements of Drs. Erickson and Massihi as a basis for policy and decision making.

Tell me, what data HAS been peer reviewed when it comes to covid-19?

I find it fascinating how often our anti-science crowd enthusiastically jump on board crackpot scientific theories and YouTube-caliber "research" when it aligns with their interests.

I find it fascinating how often our anti-science crowd enthusiastically jump on board crackpot scientific theories and YouTube-caliber "research" when it aligns with their interests.
Don't worry. Government will save you from us. And from yourself.

Tell me Shuckster how coscto is safer than a clothing store.
I was never great at Math but it stands to reason that if we dramatically cut down our social interactions to essential services using social distancing guidelines, we will significantly cut the number of infections from this contagious disease. That's why we have grocery and hardware stores open, but not shopping malls, beauty parlors, and bowling alleys.

But I guess in the World According to KNIGHTTIME, if my local Costco is open, everything should be open. :rolleyes:

I was never great at Math but it stands to reason that if we dramatically cut down our social interactions to essential services using social distancing guidelines, we will significantly cut the number of infections from this contagious disease. That's why we have grocery and hardware stores open, but not shopping malls, beauty parlors, and bowling alleys.

But I guess in the World According to KNIGHTTIME, if my local Costco is open, everything should be open. :rolleyes:
In the world of totally ignorant takes, this one takes the cake. A shopping mall is more dangerous than Costco? Explain the science behind that.

In the world of totally ignorant takes, this one takes the cake. A shopping mall is more dangerous than Costco? Explain the science behind that.
You forgot the Math part of my previous post.

It's not a question of Costco, a shopping mall, or f*king DisneyWorld. This issue is dramatically decreasing the overall number of people in this country out and about.

It's not a question of Costco, a shopping mall, or f*king DisneyWorld. This issue is dramatically decreasing the overall number of people in this country out and about.
Go back and read that. Think about it for a second.

They used the only data that’s available. How is “their data inconsistent with current science and epidemiology?”

They took it down because of this reason amongst others

“Members of ACEP and AAEM are first-hand witnesses to the human toll that COVID-19 is taking on our communities.”

Duh!! That statement doesn’t tell me crap.

Decreasing social interactions by going into a packed Costco. Lol. These stores are busier than before because other stores and restaurants are closed. They must have that anti-rona machine at those "essential" stores.
Don't you understand? This virus will just go away. Just gotta wait it out like the flu. It won't be here forever.

Go back and read that. Think about it for a second.
I wish you would.
1) Costco is designated as one of the essential service stores.
2) Costco limits the number of people allowed in their stores so I take the "packed" comments with a grain of salt. :)
3) The overall number of people 'out and about' is dramatically lower than normal. If this wasn't the case, then it stands to reason that the economy wouldn't be tanking, correct?

I wish you would.
1) Costco is designated as one of the essential service stores.
2) Costco limits the number of people allowed in their stores so I take the "packed" comments with a grain of salt. :)
3) The overall number of people 'out and about' is dramatically lower than normal. If this wasn't the case, then it stands to reason that the economy wouldn't be tanking, correct?
No Costco or Walmart is essential. It’s a packed, half-ass lockdown full of people trying to get out and buy TVs

a true lockdown would have some sort of drive-up service for food and basic necessities to live only

Any other store can be open with 25% capacity and social distancing measures, etc

In some communities, the local Walmart IS their grocery store.I'm no Costco shopper but the company is on record as saying they monitor occupancy and limit the total number of shoppers at any given time.
Still didn’t address the issue. Oh..., yeah. I forgot... Those places that have like 2 cases only have one Walmart for groceries :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

In some communities, the local Walmart IS their grocery store.I'm no Costco shopper but the company is on record as saying they monitor occupancy and limit the total number of shoppers at any given time.
Not essential. Open up restaurants then

You don't need to be some virus expert to figure out the difference between a Costco and a sit-down restaurant.
Then you haven’t been to a Costco lately. Items are touched by dozens of different people daily. People are coughing, sneezing, etc.

I don't wear a mask. Guess what everyone is doing wearing a mask. Touching it constantly. Then touching their cell phones. Then talking on their cellphone. Virus just spread.
A mask is supposed to stop you from giving someone the virus. Unless you have the 95 mask and use it correctly

I don't wear a mask. Guess what everyone is doing wearing a mask. Touching it constantly. Then touching their cell phones. Then talking on their cellphone. Virus just spread.
Thank you for your keen insights, DR KNIGHTTIME.*
Where is your scientific proof that you're more likely to get Coronavirus at a restaurant vs going to stores or a drive thru?
Hmmm...where am I more likely to contract a highly contagious disease....a sit down restaurant or at a drive-thru window???? This one is so damn hard for a non-virus expert to figure out. :)

Hmmm...where am I more likely to contract a highly contagious disease....a sit down restaurant or at a drive-thru window???? This one is so damn hard for a non-virus expert to figure out.
You’re fear mongering. It’s not living on restaurant walls ready to grab you. With the proper precautions, restaurants SHOULD BE fairly equivalent to takeout. With the proper precautions!

Stop being an ass. You know damn well some if not all restaurants in Nebraska NEVER CLOSED. Shookster being Shookster

You know damn well some if not all restaurants in Nebraska NEVER CLOSED.
The vast majority of restaurants across the State -- and all of the ones in Lincoln and Omaha -- are closed to sit down traffic and open to drive thru and curb side service. I'm guessing we're on week 4.

Last edited:
The vast majority of restaurants across the State -- and all of the ones in Lincoln and Omaha -- are closed to sit down traffic and open to drive thru and curb side service. I'm guessing we're on week 4.
Have you sat down in a restaurant since maybe March 20th?

Have you sat down in a restaurant since maybe March 20th?
Nope. But we still frequent some of our favorites.

It's pretty easy to: 1) order online or by phone with a credit card for curbside pick-up; 2) drive to the place; 3) an attendant approaches wearing gloves and a mask and asks for the name on your order; 4) your order is then delivered to the passenger side of the vehicle; 5) he/she hands you the bill to sign and add a tip; and then 6) you're off and headed home.

Nope. But we still frequent some of our favorites.

It's pretty easy to: 1) order online or by phone with a credit card for curbside pick-up; 2) drive to the place; 3) an attendant approaches wearing gloves and a mask and asks for the name on your order; 4) your order is then delivered to the passenger side of the vehicle; 5) he/she hands you the bill to sign and add a tip; and then 6) you're off and headed home.

So you touched things that someone else touched. Sounds very safe in the middle of a pandemic.

So you touched things that someone else touched. Sounds very safe in the middle of a pandemic.
A swing and a miss.

My wife has empty bread bags in the van to slip my hand into when it comes time to sign the check and accept the order. :p

All that is a Wuhan flu hurricane. She isn't changing gloves each order so just spreading the virus on her gloves to guests. Pretty sure she touched her mask full of Corona. Pretty sure your plastic container was handled by someone else that likely has Corona. Oh and your credit card you handed her now has Corona attached. Besides that you're safe.

Glad you're following the rules and everyone is losing their jobs for that stupidity.

Doesn't matter. We need to keep doing this until government tells us we are safe. Then rinse and repeat next time they tell us we are unsafe.

Reactions: AAC6800
ADVERTISEMENT