ADVERTISEMENT

2 for 1's

Based on the rumblings in Twitter it looks like they tried getting a game with Purdue and Purdue declined. Which based on Purdue's current future schedule wouldn't have happened until 2029 at the earliest anyways.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Based on the rumblings in Twitter it looks like they tried getting a game with Purdue and Purdue declined. Which based on Purdue's current future schedule wouldn't have happened until 2029 at the earliest anyways.
Welp, can’t blame them for not wanting a loss.

Reactions: SimpleJack53
Between the rumors about playijg Purdue and the 2-1 deal with UF. Does a 1-1 get signed with a P5 team in the next decade, or is 2-1 going to become the norm?

Between the rumors about playijg Purdue and the 2-1 deal with UF. Does a 1-1 get signed with a P5 team in the next decade, or is 2-1 going to become the norm?
I think we'll get 1-1s. We'll end up finding a couple of respectable "P5" schools that are cool. We'll also keep looking for top 10 teams and be open to 2-1s.

I’m still fundamentally against 2 for 1’s, especially with the Gators. They are the absolute worst fan base when it comes to anything with UCF!

Reactions: Knight Strength
I’m still fundamentally against 2 for 1’s, especially with the Gators. They are the absolute worst fan base when it comes to anything with UCF!
That's been the case ever since 2011, and definitely 2014!

They have all the arrests, but we're finishing ranked as high, or higher, than them. Especially the 2013 season ... they lost to a FCS team and went into the toilet, while we won a BCS game against the Big XII Champion.

Unlike FSU or Miami, Orlando was their market ... and now it's UCF's.

I think we'll get 1-1s. We'll end up finding a couple of respectable "P5" schools that are cool. We'll also keep looking for top 10 teams and be open to 2-1s.
I hope that's the case. I honestly do.

But I would have much rather had Alabama or a solid, SEC West school, than Florida. Heck, I would have taken Georgia.

But we get Florida, and I will make a bet right now ... one of us will suck in 2024, either them, or us, and we'll either be discredited (they'll suck), or we'll suck so bad ... it'll be 2006 all over again.

Any takers on this bet?

But I would have much rather had Alabama or a solid, SEC West school, than Florida. Heck, I would have taken Georgia.

But we get Florida, and I will make a bet right now ... one of us will suck in 2024, either them, or us, and we'll either be discredited (they'll suck), or we'll suck so bad ... it'll be 2006 all over again.

Any takers on this bet?
Who cares? Play the damn games. Or avoid them and circle-speculate forever. I literally just made that word up to keep it g rated.

still doesn't solve our post 2022 scheduling crisis. danny white had the right idea, but it takes two to tango and no one wanted to tango with us 1-1. now we're desperate for games.

Last edited:

Any takers on this bet?
I agree I would rather have a 2-1 with an out of state team. Bama, UGA, and Texas would seem beneficial.

Bama, UGA, and Texas would be both beneficial AND awesome, but apparently none of them, or Ohio State, Oklahoma, Clemson,… are interested. DW made it very clear we wouldn’t take 2-1s and everyone took him at his word. I think the biggest problem with this is the simple fact it’s the Gators! Understood! But let’s use the first two (game 3 will never happen, especially if we win one of the first two!) and see if it’ll attract some more P5s. DW’s plan resulted in zilch.

still doesn't solve our post 2022 scheduling crisis. danny white had the write idea, but it takes two to tango and no one wanted to tango with us 1-1. now we're desperate for games.
pretty much, we gotta go with the flow of our AD whoever it is and whatever their stance is

Reactions: U C to the F
Bama, UGA, and Texas would be both beneficial AND awesome, but apparently none of them, or Ohio State, Oklahoma, Clemson,… are interested. DW made it very clear we wouldn’t take 2-1s and everyone took him at his word. I think the biggest problem with this is the simple fact it’s the Gators! Understood! But let’s use the first two (game 3 will never happen, especially if we win one of the first two!) and see if it’ll attract some more P5s. DW’s plan resulted in zilch.
I liked DW and how he resonated with our upstart fan base’s mentality. Bucking the system, #forthebrand. National relevance, good or bad. He was right in his approach, I agreed with the plan, but being right doesn’t mean the blue bloods had to agree. They didn’t, not even the low tier P5s want to play us in a 1-1 anymore. So now Tmo has to do what he has to do, unfortunately. It is what it is, I like a good travel road game once a year anyways, so bring it on. Hoping for some exciting matchups to be announced.

I liked DW and how he resonated with our upstart fan base’s mentality. Bucking the system, #forthebrand. National relevance, good or bad. He was right in his approach, I agreed with the plan, but being right doesn’t mean the blue bloods had to agree. They didn’t, not even the low tier P5s want to play us in a 1-1 anymore. So now Tmo has to do what he has to do, unfortunately. It is what it is, I like a good travel road game once a year anyways, so bring it on. Hoping for some exciting matchups to be announced.
*Disclaimer*
As long as our media team isn’t lame like USF’s stealing graphics from other schools talking about to be the best you play the best, blah blah blah.

Definitely more rational posts over here than in the Dungeon. Many over there are having a meltdown about this 2 for 1

• Haha
Reactions: U C to the F
because it's like politics, they get emotionally invested in a particular stance on an issue. nothing to do with the merits, logic, anything. it's "this is what we're suppose to support" and if its not so then meltdown time. if we could have scheduled these in secret, they would have.

because it's like politics, they get emotionally invested in a particular stance on an issue. nothing to do with the merits, logic, anything. it's "this is what we're suppose to support" and if its not so then meltdown time. if we could have scheduled these in secret, they would have.
White riled up the fanbase with ideas they wanted to hear. And since then all indications is that White was pandering to the fanbase and didn't actually believe in any of it.

If Mohajir signs another 2-1, there is going to be claims that he is sabotaging the program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT