ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Election Results Predictions Thread

So the end result will be: a very thin 12 seat majority for D in the House, and a now 55 seat majority for R in the Senate.

Which means legislatively virtually nothing will advance (which may be a good thing), but Trump Admin can now get judicial nominees and Cabinet nominees through the Senate much easier.

Yep. And not only did the senate become more republican, it became more conservative as well. Hawley is the only pickup that looks like a RINO possibly.

Democrats won by 10% across all elections.

Trump got lucky the map was so favorable because democrats roasted republicans last night.

Trump got lucky the map was so favorable because democrats roasted republicans last night.

[roll]

Whatever makes you feel better I guess. Millions of people in CA broke 90% for Democrats! Omg!!

Just because you don't like/didn't vote for the person doesn't make it a "set back to America."

Y'all just elected a Republican who used to write big foot erotica fan fiction to Congress.

https://www.thecut.com/2018/11/denver-riggleman-wins-his-congressional-race-virginia-midterms.html?

Republican Denver Rigglemana man who once wrote a book titled Mating Habits of Bigfoot and Why Women Want Him just beat out Democratic challenger Leslie Cockburn (Olivia Wilde’s mom) for the U.S. House of Representatives in Virginia’s Fifth Congressional District seat.

Yeah if this isn't setting the country back, I don't know whtlat is.

This is where @fried-chicken gets his talking points from. People who scream that Dems lost the Senate due to gerrymandering (gerrymandered state lines!!!) and then screech about utterly irrelevant national vote totals.

These are the same people on the ABOLISH ELECTORAL COLLEGE! train

So you’re saying that New York, California, Boston and Philadelphia all turned out. Wow that is shocking, how did the dems do across the other 95% of the Country?

So you’re saying that New York, California, Boston and Philadelphia all turned out. Wow that is shocking, how did the dems do across the other 95% of the Country?

This talking point is even more idiotic when you consider that the CA Senate election was a D vs. a D. Over 7M votes were cast in an election where both sides were by default voting for a Democrat.

It's the talking point of bitter, butthurt folk.

This talking point is even more idiotic when you consider that the CA Senate election was a D vs. a D. Over 7M votes were cast in an election where both sides were by default voting for a Democrat.

It's the talking point of bitter, butthurt folk.

Thats over 80% of the spread. It still wasnt close in the congressional races on a macro level, obviously, but this was nowhere near being a wave election.

Y'all just elected a Republican who used to write big foot erotica fan fiction to Congress.

https://www.thecut.com/2018/11/denver-riggleman-wins-his-congressional-race-virginia-midterms.html?

Republican Denver Rigglemana man who once wrote a book titled Mating Habits of Bigfoot and Why Women Want Him just beat out Democratic challenger Leslie Cockburn (Olivia Wilde’s mom) for the U.S. House of Representatives in Virginia’s Fifth Congressional District seat.

Yeah if this isn't setting the country back, I don't know whtlat is.

Just let them be themselves.

This is where @fried-chicken gets his talking points from. People who scream that Dems lost the Senate due to gerrymandering (gerrymandered state lines!!!) and then screech about utterly irrelevant national vote totals.

These are the same people on the ABOLISH ELECTORAL COLLEGE! train

There is a quality argument here. For example a Wyoming voter has 4x the voting power as a California voter. Ultimately because of the price of land, the folks on the coasts will move inland to more conservative areas ie. Californians moving to Texas.

Wow this is an even better example, thank you.

Republicans elected a white supremacist Bigfoot erotica writer in Virginia and a reality star pimp in Nevada...who died 3 weeks ago. But both sides are the problem lol.

Shouldn't you be complaining about the LOSER Democrat that actually lost to them?????

Reactions: UCFWayne
Shouldn't you be complaining about the LOSER Democrat that actually lost to them?????

No, because it's not their fault the Fox News Crowd is literally too stupid to not vote a dead person in. You have idiots, some on this board, voting straight R because they are incapable of thinking for themselves.

There is a quality argument here. For example a Wyoming voter has 4x the voting power as a California voter. Ultimately because of the price of land, the folks on the coasts will move inland to more conservative areas ie. Californians moving to Texas.

If your argument is that we're going to travel back to the 18th century and rewrite the Constitution and how we've handled every election since, then sure - it's a quality argument.

It's not a quality argument when you realize that each state got equal representation in the Senate for a very good reason.

The leftie extremists at the Women’s March are now throwing a hissy fit since white women don’t vote in a total left wing homogenous voting bloc. They told these women what to think and how to vote and they disobeyed! Women’s power!

No, because it's not their fault the Fox News Crowd is literally too stupid to not vote a dead person in. You have idiots, some on this board, voting straight R because they are incapable of thinking for themselves.

I have no clue what happened that people voted in a guy that died (early voting/mail in ballots had to play a large part in that). Regardless, I voted straight R because I AM capable of thinking for myself. Gillum was my biggest fear, I thought he would win honestly but he was going to be way too trigger happy on raising taxes anywhere he could. I don't love DeSantis but I am thrilled that he won.

I have no clue what happened that people voted in a guy that died (early voting/mail in ballots had to play a large part in that). Regardless, I voted straight R because I AM capable of thinking for myself. Gillum was my biggest fear, I thought he would win honestly but he was going to be way too trigger happy on raising taxes anywhere he could. I don't love DeSantis but I am thrilled that he won.

What guy that died? The Nevada HBO brothel Guy? It’s reslly simple- he died at a time when it was too late to put anyone else on. He remained on the ballot and the district wanted nothing to do with a Democrat, knowing a Republican would be apponted to the seat if it was won.

It’s fairly unremarkable.

What guy that died? The Nevada HBO brothel Guy? It’s reslly simple- he died at a time when it was too late to put anyone else on. He remained on the ballot and the district wanted nothing to do with a Democrat, knowing a Republican would be apponted to the seat if it was won.

It’s fairly unremarkable.

Makes a shit ton of sense. It basically became one of those "generic ballot" polls then. Vote for the republican that died, appoint a new republican over the dem.

Reactions: UCFKnight85
Makes a shit ton of sense. It basically became one of those "generic ballot" polls then. Vote for the republican that died, appoint a new republican over the dem.

Congrats on proving my point. People like you are so brainwashed that you are willing to vote straight down a party line, even if you have no idea who the person is. That is the definition of brainwashed.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Congrats on proving my point. People like you are so brainwashed that you are willing to vote straight down a party line, even if you have no idea who the person is. That is the definition of brainwashed.

Not brainwashed. For instance - I would prefer any R over Gillum. If it was the same situation I would've voted for the dead R to be replaced with someone I didn't know because whoever it is would be better than Gillum to me.

If the 2020 election was Trump vs a recently dead dem you would do the same thing for the same reason.

Not brainwashed. For instance - I would prefer any R over Gillum. If it was the same situation I would've voted for the dead R to be replaced with someone I didn't know because whoever it is would be better than Gillum to me.

If the 2020 election was Trump vs a recently dead dem you would do the same thing for the same reason.

Yeah sorry, blindly voting for someone soley based on the (R) or (D) next to their name is the definition of brainwashed.

Yeah sorry, blindly voting for someone soley based on the (R) or (D) next to their name is the definition of brainwashed.

You ignored my reasoning but that's fine. Hypothetically, 2020 options are Donald Trump or a democrat to be named later, what are you doing? You know you're voting for the DTBNL, that's the only point I'm trying to make.

You ignored my reasoning but that's fine. Hypothetically, 2020 options are Donald Trump or a democrat to be named later, what are you doing? You know you're voting for the DTBNL, that's the only point I'm trying to make.

I absolutely would never vote for someone who I know nothing about. The fact that you seem to think this is ok is quite honestly terrifying.

This is why there needs to be an IQ test in order to vote.

Let me guess- the person you're talking to is insulting you multiple times per post?

If your argument is that we're going to travel back to the 18th century and rewrite the Constitution and how we've handled every election since, then sure - it's a quality argument.

It's not a quality argument when you realize that each state got equal representation in the Senate for a very good reason.

The Constitution was written when all states bordered an ocean. Most humans live near an ocean, we need water to survive. The inherent flaw in the constitution happens when expansion occurs past the Mississippi River (population forms around the Mississippi and other interior rivers). However, there is a very small population in the Mountain time zone and they wield an enormous amount of political power, sometimes 4x the voting power of citizen in other states.

The Constitution was written when all states bordered an ocean. Most humans live near an ocean, we need water to survive. The inherent flaw in the constitution happens when expansion occurs past the Mississippi River (population forms around the Mississippi and other interior rivers). However, there is a very small population in the Mountain time zone and they wield an enormous amount of political power, sometimes 4x the voting power of citizen in other states.

You do realize we have a House where seats are weighted upon population, yes? That's exactly what the Founders wanted; a House that is proportional to the population of a State that turns over every 2 years, and a more moderating Senate that is seated for 6 years and where every state is given an equal voice.

First it was the Electoral College being unfair, now we're onto wanting the Senate to be exactly like the House.

:rolleyes:

Reactions: fabknight
didnt ninja create a thread saying that he voted for a "d" for the first time ever because of terrible red hatters on an internet sports message board? not to mention the fact that since his return to the water cooler before the 2016 election he has basically parroted left wing talking points the entire time. youd have be be brainwashed to believe this was the first time he had ever voted for a single "d" in his life. unhinged.

Reactions: fabknight
didnt ninja create a thread saying that he voted for a "d" for the first time ever because of terrible red hatters on an internet sports message board? not to mention the fact that since his return to the water cooler before the 2016 election he has basically parroted left wing talking points the entire time. youd have be be brainwashed to believe this was the first time he had ever voted for a single "d" in his life. unhinged.
[roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll]

WTF. This is real?

And you are the whiny little bitch who admitted to unblocking me soley to report me to the mods. :joy::joy::joy:

You are the ultimate special snowflake. I honestly can't think of a more pathetic little bitch move.

You do realize we have a House where seats are weighted upon population, yes? That's exactly what the Founders wanted; a House that is proportional to the population of a State that turns over every 2 years, and a more moderating Senate that is seated for 6 years and where every state is given an equal voice.

First it was the Electoral College being unfair, now we're onto wanting the Senate to be exactly like the House.

:rolleyes:

We are talking about two different things, Senate representation in the electoral college vs actual Senate representation. I agree with your point on the house. The issue is in the Senate representation in the electoral college ie. Wyoming gets 3 electoral votes instead of 1. Giving every state 2 additional electoral votes skews the proportionality of the states electoral votes as compared to its population. A better idea is to have 435 electoral votes available divided proportionally based on the election results. This puts "red" and "blue states in play and doesn't reduce a presidential election down to 8 "battleground" states. Candidates would have to visit every state.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
We are talking about two different things, Senate representation in the electoral college vs actual Senate representation. I agree with your point on the house. The issue is in the Senate representation in the electoral college ie. Wyoming gets 3 electoral votes instead of 1. Giving every state 2 additional electoral votes skews the proportionality of the states electoral votes as compared to its population. A better idea is to have 435 electoral votes available divided proportionally based on the election results. This puts "red" and "blue states in play and doesn't reduce a presidential election down to 8 "battleground" states. Candidates would have to visit every state.
lol good luck at making those changes permanent.

i think ill take the founding fathers model over yours.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT