ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Election Thread

I could debate him and absolutely destroy him. So could you. Just do your homework for a few weeks.

He simply doesn’t know anything
I could drink a fifth of whiskey and annihilate him. It speaks volumes how brain dead Biden was on that fateful night in June.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Only way to beat Trump in a debate is to play no defense

He’s easily derailed into tangents but if you let him get you on your heels he’ll almost surely crush you

You also have to stay composed emotionally. Jeb Bush couldn’t do this, a braindead Biden in 2020 accidentally did

The frustrating thing about the 2024 Election is that the Media continue to portray it as a 'normal' election between Progressives and Conservatives. But there's nothing normal about an election involving a convicted felon and twice-impeached former President. And there are no true conservatives involved, only MAGAs.

Once Biden wisely decided to step down after one term and endorse his Veep, Kamala Harris, the outcome became inevitable. Trump's act has gotten stale and America isn't so stupid as to buy what he's selling again.

The frustrating thing about the 2024 Election is that the Media continue to portray it as a 'normal' election between Progressives and Conservatives. But there's nothing normal about an election involving a convicted felon and twice-impeached former President. And there are no true conservatives involved, only MAGAs.

Once Biden wisely decided to step down after one term and endorse his Veep, Kamala Harris, the outcome became inevitable. Trump's act has gotten stale and America isn't so stupid as to buy what he's selling again.
Nancy Mace thinks it radically leftist to ask her to pronounce Harris's name correctly. This is what the Republican party has turned into, and yeah, there is nothing normal about it. A psycho presidential candidate and completely unserious politicians supporting him.

Thing is though, we as dems/libs have to stop projecting a holier than thou attitude towards Trump and the MAGA people. When you’re in a cult, anything negative (even if it’s fact based) that is directed towards your “leader” and/or it’s followers is going to lead to a further zealousness towards that leader. The dems just need to focus hard on getting those disenfranchised voters onboard (the ones who are planning on not voting at all, as well as the more centered republicans who can’t stand Trump). What does this require? #1, not getting into pissing matches with the Trumpers. We get it. He’s a terrible person. But there’s nothing new to complain about on this front anymore. Let’s instead focus on trying to set the example and show how they’re going to try to get the country to try to come together again. And #2, maaaaybe continuing to find a more “center-left” on the policies, rather than hard left (and I’m saying this as someone who believes in liberal social policies). That’s easier said than done with all of the other influencers in our government. But let’s just start with #1.

(Just my opinion. Willing to be flexible)

Thing is though, we as dems/libs have to stop projecting a holier than thou attitude towards Trump and the MAGA people. When you’re in a cult, anything negative (even if it’s fact based) that is directed towards your “leader” and/or it’s followers is going to lead to a further zealousness towards that leader. The dems just need to focus hard on getting those disenfranchised voters onboard (the ones who are planning on not voting at all, as well as the more centered republicans who can’t stand Trump). What does this require? #1, not getting into pissing matches with the Trumpers. We get it. He’s a terrible person. But there’s nothing new to complain about on this front anymore. Let’s instead focus on trying to set the example and show how they’re going to try to get the country to try to come together again. And #2, maaaaybe continuing to find a more “center-left” on the policies, rather than hard left (and I’m saying this as someone who believes in liberal social policies). That’s easier said than done with all of the other influencers in our government. But let’s just start with #1.

In some ways I agree in some ways I don't. In an ideal world the Michelle Obama "when they go low, we go high", is great. At the same time you have to be willing to call out the bs, especially after January 6th, or you end up looking weak, and weakness doesn't sell in politics. And there is a lot of bs from the Trump camp. So sure, like Bill Maher says, you can hate Trump but you can't hate all his supporters, and I agree. But calling out lies and the weird behavior isn't hating his voters, it's pointing out that he lies and is weird, which both he and Vance are.

In some ways I agree in some ways I don't. In an ideal world the Michelle Obama "when they go low, we go high", is great. At the same time you have to be willing to call out the bs, especially after January 6th, or you end up looking weak, and weakness doesn't sell in politics. And there is a lot of bs from the Trump camp. So sure, like Bill Maher says, you can hate Trump but you can't hate all his supporters, and I agree. But calling out lies and the weird behavior isn't hating his voters, it's pointing out that he lies and is weird, which both he and Vance are.
Oh yeah, I wasn’t referring to fact-checking the obvious lies. I was more referring to not getting into a battle of personal attacks and name calling.

What does this require? #1, not getting into pissing matches with the Trumpers. We get it. He’s a terrible person. But there’s nothing new to complain about on this front anymore. Let’s instead focus on trying to set the example and show how they’re going to try to get the country to try to come together again. And #2, maaaaybe continuing to find a more “center-left” on the policies, rather than hard left (and I’m saying this as someone who believes in liberal social policies). That’s easier said than done with all of the other influencers in our government. But let’s just start with #1.
Who are you talking about? I've not seen Harris or Walz or anyone associated with their campaign get into "a pissing match." The campaign has been extremely disciplined and have (as far as I've seen) not taken the 'bait' that Trump and his minions have thrown at her and Tim.

BTW, tell me, what are Kamala's "hard left" policies? Is one of them supporting the Middle Class instead of giving trillion dollar tax breaks for the top 1%?

Respectfully disagree. I was one of the first on this board to start calling it a cult, when I realized they stopped caring about facts. Way back during his inauguration with stupid stuff like how Trump claimed it was beautiful weather (it rained and was cloudy).

I pointed out if he lied about inane and easily disproven stuff like this what won't he lie about? It quickly became very apparent that his followers simply stopped caring about the truth, they liked what Trump was selling; it made them feel good so facts he damned they bought the red hat.

All throughout his 40,000 documented and proven lies during presidency, his cult members didn't care, because they chose their own reality. When you base your reality on fiction, facts physically can't change your mind.

After Jan 6 it stopped being an annoyance or disagreement over stupid policies, it became a legitimate threat to our democracy. Now he is trying to use his lies for actual, world changing damage. It was a coup attempt, and the only thing that saved us is the fact that he and his supporters are morons, but we can't count on dumb luck next time.

We need a figurative scorched earth policy to deal with these traitors to the Constitution. This is no longer a game or a disagreement over politics. You should be publicly humiliated for wearing a red hat, you are openly advertising that you are a traitor to the United States.

BL: Facts, logic and politeness do not work with MAGAts because they do not base their worldview on facts, logic or kindness.

Respectfully disagree. I was one of the first on this board to start calling it a cult, when I realized they stopped caring about facts. Way back during his inauguration with stupid stuff like how Trump claimed it was beautiful weather (it rained and was cloudy).
Trump was voted in and I, like most Americans, was willing to give him my support. Who knows, I thought, maybe the weight of the Presidency would change him for the better? But right after being sworn in, his Press Secretary, Sean Spicer, was adamant with the WH press corp that Trump has fielded the biggest audience for his inauguration in the history of the United States, photographic evidence to the contrary be damned. That's when I realized we were in for an insane next four years.
After Jan 6 it stopped being an annoyance or disagreement over stupid policies, it became a legitimate threat to our democracy.
This is where I blame Biden's Justice Department. Attorney General, Merritt Garland was SO concerned that taking immediate action against Trump might be viewed as....gasp, "political," that his department slow-walked prosecuting him and his cronies for organizing a fcuking insurrection for crying out loud. Hell, all the evidence was maticulously laid out by the House Committee on Jan. 6th. Why the delay??? How the fcuk can an out-going President brazenly organize an insurrection and NOT be sitting in jail when the next election approaches four years later??!?

Not only was justice delayed, Trump was free to mount another campaign to become President again. Because AG Garland twiddled his thumbs for so long, Republicans throughout the courts were able to deny justice until after the guy had a chance to run again. If Congressional Republicans hadn't been such cowards during Trump's impeachments, this race would likely feature Haley vs Harris. Who here thinks that would be a closer race than Harris vs Trump? And when Harris wins, who here thinks Trump will be a gracious loser this time around?

Nancy Mace thinks it radically leftist to ask her to pronounce Harris's name correctly. This is what the Republican party has turned into, and yeah, there is nothing normal about it. A psycho presidential candidate and completely unserious politicians supporting him.
Mace has to be one of the fakest people in Congress.

Reactions: DaShuckster
trump is going to lose. Pretend all you want, but the man is fading quickly. This isn't 2016 anymore. People are now aware of his BS.

2016 polls also had Hilary in a double digit lead then the country went full retard on election night.
Hillary ran a piss-poor campaign. Everybody knew the Rust Belt would decide the Electoral College and, bizarrely, she took those states for granted. But her decision to use a private server while Secretary as State was incredibly stupid and the crappola about it ultimately cost her votes in the eleventh hour.

Right now, pre-convention, is the closest the 2024 POTUS race is going to be. The Harris campaign is full of joy, positivity and a vision for the future while Trump is nothing but gloom and doom and personal insults. You don't need to be a political guru to figure out which tone resonates with the American public. Her lead will continue to grow post-convention and down the homestretch. The further behind Trump gets, the more desperate he'll become.

2016 polls also had Hilary in a double digit lead then the country went full retard on election night.
But she also had Fox News attacking her for over 20 years. And James Comey opening an investigation weeks before Election Day.

I am still not confident in a sure win in this polarized country. But a lot of the attacks being thrown at her and Walz are not sticking so far if polling is to believed. Also a lot of voters in both parties seems to be tuning out cable news which tries to both sides everything.

But she also had Fox News attacking her for over 20 years. And James Comey opening an investigation weeks before Election Day.
The dreaded "Weiner" effect. :)
I am still not confident in a sure win in this polarized country.
Barring some major unforeseen scandal, I can't see how Trump is going to pick up support. But then again, I'm flabbergasted when I watch reporters interviewing 'regular joe & jane' voters about Trump. The media doing the interviewing and the people getting interviewed all act like this is a normal Obama vs Romney-type election.

The tweet NinjaKnight posted above said it best: "There are two candidates running against each other. One of the candidates will win in November, and one will lose. And if the Democratic nominee loses, she will accept the will of the people, she will concede, & she will participate in the peaceful transfer of power. And if the Republican nominee loses, he won’t accept the will of the people, he won’t concede, and he won’t participate in the peaceful transfer of power."

I am still not confident in a sure win in this polarized country. But a lot of the attacks being thrown at her and Walz are not sticking so far if polling is to believed. Also a lot of voters in both parties seems to be tuning out cable news which tries to both sides everything.

Kamala will probably win a close race. And then we can look forward to 6 January 2.0.

We'll likely see some Red State Secretaries of State refusing to certify their state's election results due to 'fraud concerns' but with Biden in the WH, they are not going to change the outcome. All they'd do is make fools of themselves.

We'll likely see some Red State Secretaries of State refusing to certify their state's election results due to 'fraud concerns' but with Biden in the WH, they are not going to change the outcome. All they'd do is make fools of themselves.
“even if we rig it, it won’t matter because we’re in power”

talk about being on the right side of history

For as much as Trump whines about "convicted felons running around in the streets" he sure seems to be contributing to the problem.

But I guess fear is an easy sell to the room temp IQ trailer trash crowd, fact checks not required.

I guess fear is an easy sell to the room temp IQ trailer trash crowd, fact checks not required.
The only thing the Trump campaign is offering is personal insults. We're all supposed to respond to her looks, her laugh, and her race and go 'Omigod, how can I possibly vote for her over a manly man like Donald Trump??!?'

They've already tried to scare folks by giving her a 'make-believe' background and a 'make believe' record. But people who look at, and listen to, Harris and Walz immediately know they're being shoveled a bunch of sh*t about them from the other side.

This week Americans (at least those open to listening) will get the straight scoop.

Flipped to the DNC reality show, some morbidly obese, lesbian mutt filled the screen.

What a mess for a once great party, you can feel the daddy issues and self-loathing emanating from the screen.

Can one of the resident retards let us know if the horse cum drinker makes an idiot of himself again

• Haha
I
Flipped to the DNC reality show, some morbidly obese, lesbian mutt filled the screen.

What a mess for a once great party, you can feel the daddy issues and self-loathing emanating from the screen.

Can one of the resident retards let us know if the horse cum drinker makes an idiot of himself again
Apparently, Obama, Jill Biden and some others left early. Any truth to that?

"Trump calls it a beautiful thing. What is so beautiful about a child having to carry her parent's child?"
Once upon a time, the vast majority of passionate anti-abortion advocates accepted that there should be exceptions for rape and incest. The revised notion nowadays that an embryo trumps a raped girl's life or a childless couple's ability for IVF is "pro-life?" is beyond the pale.

The change in tone between last night's Democrat Convention and this year's Republican Convention couldn't have been more stark.

When historians look back on the 2024 POTUS election, they'll note it was decided because one man put the welfare of his country ahead of himself versus another man who never looked beyond his own personal interests, even to the detriment of our country.

The change in tone between last night's Democrat Convention and this year's Republican Convention couldn't have been more stark.

When historians look back on the 2024 POTUS election, they'll note it was decided because one man put the welfare of his country ahead of himself versus another man who never looked beyond his own personal interests, even to the detriment of our country.
I agree with the Trump comments, but anyone who thinks that Biden put the welfare of this country ahead of himself is COMPLETELY DELUSIONAL

He was forced out. Obama and Jill Biden (at least) are furious about it.

If Joe Biden cared about this country, he would have stepped down a long time ago. He’s still acting like he’s president. If he can’t run, then why is he still president?

He’s spent the last few years farting and shitting himself in public when he wasn’t wandering off and babbling

The truth will eventually come out and THAT IS WHAT HISTORIANS WILL LOOK AT.

Reactions: KnighttimeJoe
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT