ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Election Thread

The change in tone between last night's Democrat Convention and this year's Republican Convention couldn't have been more stark.

When historians look back on the 2024 POTUS election, they'll note it was decided because one man put the welfare of his country ahead of himself versus another man who never looked beyond his own personal interests, even to the detriment of our country.
thought Steve Kerr and Hillary were the best speeches of night 1.

Biden’s was well ..Biden..you really get reminded on how he sucks at giving a speech especially the last few years when the Democrat that lost an election 8 years ago out shines you. He either sounds like his voice his shot or screams where it comes off a little too angry. Good thing that he dropped out bc that was probably 70% of his stump speech if he was still the Nominee.

I agree with the Trump comments, but anyone who thinks that Biden put the welfare of this country ahead of himself is COMPLETELY DELUSIONAL He was forced out. Obama and Jill Biden (at least) are furious about it.
How the hell was he 'forced' out??!? Biden had the delegates. If he was hell-bent on running against Trump in the General Election, NO ONE could have prevented him from doing so. If the roles were reversed and Trump was in Biden's position, would he have allowed himself to be 'forced' out?

The modern Presidency is as much (or more) about a candidate's 'national cheerleading' ability as policy decisions. Like a star athlete, Joe Biden thought he could keep going. But physically, he was showing his age. Yet psychologically, it's really tough to 'hang up the cleats' and retire when you've been super-successful.
If he can’t run, then why is he still president?
Because being an effective leader is about decision-making. On the other hand, being an effective campaigner is about generating excitement and enthusiasm among the electorate. As Joe showed again last night with his Convention speech, he doesn't have it anymore. But -- Holy Cow, Kamala and Tim most certainly do!

Because being an effective leader is about decision-making. On the other hand, being an effective campaigner is about generating excitement and enthusiasm among the electorate. As Joe showed again last night with his Convention speech, he doesn't have it anymore. But -- Holy Cow, Kamala and Tim most certainly do!
If he’s not fit to run for office because of dementia, then he’s not fit to presently lead the country as sitting president. He’s being dangerously selfish

How the hell was he 'forced' out??!? Biden had the delegates. If he was hell-bent on running against Trump in the General Election, NO ONE could have prevented him from doing so. If the roles were reversed and Trump was in Biden's position, would he have allowed himself to be 'forced' out?

The modern Presidency is as much (or more) about a candidate's 'national cheerleading' ability as policy decisions. Like a star athlete, Joe Biden thought he could keep going. But physically, he was showing his age. Yet psychologically, it's really tough to 'hang up the cleats' and retire when you've been super-successful.
Biden was forced out and that’s why many democrats are pissed off. Obama, Michelle, and Jill Biden are just 3 examples. No one is talking about Trump, so stop your screeching. Again.

Biden admits he was pushed out of presidential race, name-drops Pelosi in first interview since exit​

President Biden all but admitted he was pushed out of the presidential race by Democratic Party elites and specifically name-dropped former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi in his first TV interview since the tectonic news last month.

Biden said that Dems in the House and Senate were worried that he’d drag down their chances of being reelected. He said he believed his reelection bid would face too many distractions if he carried on.

“A number of my Democratic colleagues in the House and Senate thought that I was going to hurt them in the races. And I was concerned if I stayed in the race, that would be the topic — you’d be interviewing me about why did Nancy Pelosi say [something] … and I thought it’d be a real distraction,” he told “CBS News Sunday Morning.”

The change in tone between last night's Democrat Convention and this year's Republican Convention couldn't have been more stark.

When historians look back on the 2024 POTUS election, they'll note it was decided because one man put the welfare of his country ahead of himself versus another man who never looked beyond his own personal interests, even to the detriment of our country.
normal people, when making an argument follow the form of "x is morally/intrinsically right, here's evidence to support such"

not you. your form is "x is right because in the future, people in places of institutional power will record it as such"

If he’s not fit to run for office because of dementia, then he’s not fit to presently lead the country as sitting president. He’s being dangerously selfish
Biden is not suffering from dementia. He's 'suffering' from old age.
Biden was forced out and that’s why many democrats are pissed off. Obama, Michelle, and Jill Biden are just 3 examples. No one is talking about Trump, so stop your screeching. Again.
If you are not going to listen to the responses you get, why bother posting? When you are POTUS, you can't be pushed out if you don't want to. Joe clearly wanted to run again--that's why he ran in the Democrat primaries and won.
President Biden all but admitted he was pushed out of the presidential race by Democratic Party elites and specifically name-dropped former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi in his first TV interview since the tectonic news last month.
Nancy Pelosi couldn't force the President to do anything. Did key Dems encourage him to step down to help the Party's chances in November? Absolutely. No one here is arguing that point. But deciding not to run again is different than being told to clean out your desk 'cause you're fired.

Nancy Pelosi couldn't force the President to do anything. Did key Dems encourage him to step down to help the Party's chances in November? Absolutely. No one here is arguing that point. But deciding not to run again is different than being told to clean out your desk 'cause you're fired.
When a coach does something terrible like berates a player publicly or commits sexual misconduct, he’s not always fired, but the immense pressure forces him to quit

That’s what happened to Joe Biden. The intense pressure for him to step down/quit forced him out

He’s suffering from not being able to be POTUS due to cognitive decline
Based on what? Fox News? Biden was never the best orator in the world.
When a coach does something terrible like berates a player publicly or commits sexual misconduct, he’s not always fired, but the immense pressure forces him to quit. That’s what happened to Joe Biden. The intense pressure for him to step down/quit forced him out
Again, if in the same position, would Donald Trump have 'bowed to the intense pressure on him to quit?'

• Haha
Reactions: thall_
Normal people don’t think Joe Biden stepped down for the good of the country. He fought it for a long time. Until the bitter end.

When you live in bum**** Nebraska, are retired, and don’t interact with people like the rest of the country (and avoid Jews and minorities), your mind is warped.

Based on what? Fox News? Biden was never the best orator in the world.
Based on observations of the ENTIRE COUNTRY other than you and probably Cubs.

Open your eyes. How many people do you interact with daily who are his age?

Last edited:
Again, if in the same position, would Donald Trump have 'bowed to the intense pressure on him?'

trump-won-woman-crying.gif

I don’t know of normal elderly people who act like that. He’s like 81. That’s nonsense
So you are an expert on the behavior of normal people? Do normal people on a discussion board make multiple posts in a row and spew personal insults?

Normal people don’t think Joe Biden stepped down for the good of the country. He fought it for a long time. Until the bitter end.

When you live in bum**** Nebraska, are retired, and don’t interact with people like the rest of the country (and avoid Jews and minorities), your mind is warped.

unless a story is literally spoon-fed to this retard, he's unable to allow for inferences to be made.

NPR hasn't run an article on it yet, so it can't be true in his reality. and even if it were true in his reality, it would've still been Biden's decision.

Biden doesn't have dimentia, he's just old. Even if he did have dementia, it's not as bad as Trump

Reactions: Ucfmikes
So you are an expert on the behavior of normal people? Do normal people on a discussion board make multiple posts in a row and spew personal insults?
^^^^ This is why you are an insufferable POS and nobody wants to post here.

yes, its called social conditioning. also, you and your incel boyfriends are retards.
There are about 2 people in this world who think that you need to be an EXPERT to see that Biden isn’t acting mentally like the average 81 year old. 2 of them are in the WC. There would be 3rd, but Helen Keller is dead

Totally normal behavior. Nothing to see here. Biden has ALWAYS BEEN THIS WAY 🙄

Last edited:
You’re totally right. We’ll use you as the base alloy example of what’s normal.
Personal insults by Adolf Shuckler?

Check

Multiple posts in a row by Adolf Shuckler?

Check

Imagine quoting 4-5 paragraphs in the same response (Adolf) and thinking by just breaking it up that way, it’s so different than replying to different parts of one post with multiple replies. Which I did.

That’s the mentality that we are dealing with here.

Reactions: KnighttimeJoe
It should be interesting to hear former President Obama tonight. When Kamala was endorsed by Biden, rumor had it -- publicly started by the talking heads at Fox News -- that Obama wasn't happy about it.

Their 'ace' news reporters came to that conclusion when Obama didn't immediately endorse her like Hillary and Bill did. To be fair, Harris and Obama have been friends for decades and Barack and Michelle publicly endorsed Kamala a few days after her candidacy kicked off, but you never know.

I never heard if that info satisfied the Fox News pundits. Who knows? Maybe those guys know something the rest of us don't. Maybe he'll shock the delegates and angerly slam Kamala tonight. I guess we'll find out....the tension mounts...

Watching last night's DNC, I couldn't help but feel a sea change washing over our political landscape. Hope, pride, and excitement for our future is replacing gloom, doom, and vitriol.

Kamala's campaign has completely reversed the script. And Trump knows it. His tired, old arguments are falling on deaf ears. If you've listened to his stump speeches the last two days, you see a guy with zero energy; he's simply going through the motions.

The contrast in the messages and the outlook for America couldn't be more stark. One of the messages from last night: We can disagree without being disagreeable.

Watching last night's DNC, I couldn't help but feel a sea change washing over our political landscape. Hope, pride, and excitement for our future is replacing gloom, doom, and vitriol.

Kamala's campaign has completely reversed the script. And Trump knows it. His tired, old arguments are falling on deaf ears. If you've listened to his stump speeches the last two days, you see a guy with zero energy; he's simply going through the motions.

The contrast in the messages and the outlook for America couldn't be more stark. One of the messages from last night: We can disagree without being disagreeable.
> be leftoid cultist
> control the white house 12 of the last 16 years
> "wow it'll be so different if we win"

i genuinely think leftists have this notion that Bush and Trump were the last two Presidents

I always get a bit sad when I see Obama speak. I miss the days when he was president, when I was proud of how our country was represented to the rest of the world
generational political orator ..what a back to back that was w Michelle followed by him. My favorite thing about him is you can tell how aware he is of the culture and the current state of this country. His defense and vision of a multiracial Democracy. 🇺🇸

I always get a bit sad when I see Obama speak. I miss the days when he was president, when I was proud of how our country was represented to the rest of the world
generational political orator ..what a back to back that was w Michelle followed by him. My favorite thing about him is you can tell how aware he is of the culture and the current state of this country. His defense and vision of a multiracial Democracy.
When you step away from all the gloom and doom angst from the MAGA crowd, it's actually pretty remarkable that our nation has been able to survive as the country has grown to become an increasingly multiracial democracy.

• Haha
Reactions: thall_
looks like RFK might drop out Friday and endorse Trump. He was shopping his endorsement to the Harris campaign a few weeks ago in exchange for a guarantee of a cabinet position. He just qualified to appear on the Arizona ballot but his campaign is running out of money.

everyone knows they only oppose voter ID because it would make it harder to cheat

nobody loves following rules more than leftists. fat neckbeards like @NinjaKnight already work for the gov’t, @DaShuckster fantasizes about working at a children’s DMV, and @Cubs79 lives to drop off their tacos so they can recuperate from a long day of “ACKSHUALLY THE POLICY IS…” tantrums

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT