ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Election Thread

Clear winner. :eyeroll:

Again, solid choices. Thanks, retards.
Yeah it is better to have unknown far left swampsters running the show.
They are both OLD. Only and idiot thinks it is good that either of these guys win. That said ONE is going to win unless Dems kick Biden to the curb. before the election. I still think there is 40% chance that happens. If they do and they settled on a moderate left of center candidate up I would vote for them, but they won't It will be Michelle O, or Newsome, or Harris. I won't vote for any of them.
As a conservative, I can not support anyone who wants to lead in the opposite direction I think things need to go.

I agree with this, but it’s up to Biden. Who else could the Dems send out there this late in the game?

I think that's Costas's point: the Dems didn't really prep someone in the bullpen, and here we are. Pete would probably be the best choice on their end, but perhaps there is reluctance because he's gay? I don't care about his sexual preference and happen to think highly of him, but there hasn't been much development of him at all. Kamala? And unmitigated disaster. Were she to run against Donald, she'd lose by double digits.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
It’s sad. Nobody said that Trump wasn’t senile or sane

This gets worse everyday. Neither of these old men should be on the ballot. Who’s going to do something about it?

It’s sad. Nobody said that Trump wasn’t senile or sane

This gets worse everyday. Neither of these old men should be on the ballot. Who’s going to do something about it?
There were only a zillion opportunities to have avoided this 2020 replay. Like...
  • Mitch McConnell and his Senate colleagues could have convicted Trump at his FIRST or his SECOND impeachment trial.
  • Merritt Garland could have gotten off his ass and charged Trump in 2020 instead of waiting three fcuking years. We EXPECT delay tactics from Trump. What was Garland's excuse??!?
  • If Trump wasn't on the ballot, Neither would Biden.
Instead we'll hear whining about the 'two old men' all summer and then (naturally) reelect Joe in November.

no way to spin it. Brutal polls for Biden continue and his Comms teams seem useless on trying to change that.

Instead we'll hear whining about the 'two old men' all summer and then (naturally) reelect Joe in November

Really a tough choice between the old guy vs the old guy who has attempted to overthrow our democracy.
Not a tough choice and no need to whine. I’ll be sitting on my couch, retired and laughing at everyone who spent the time filling out a ballot to elect an incompetent imbecile

Reactions: KnighttimeJoe
There were only a zillion opportunities to have avoided this 2020 replay. Like...
  • Mitch McConnell and his Senate colleagues could have convicted Trump at his FIRST or his SECOND impeachment trial.
  • Merritt Garland could have gotten off his ass and charged Trump in 2020 instead of waiting three fcuking years. We EXPECT delay tactics from Trump. What was Garland's excuse??!?
  • If Trump wasn't on the ballot, Neither would Biden.
Instead we'll hear whining about the 'two old men' all summer and then (naturally) reelect Joe in November.
Yep impeached him for telling people to peacefully and patriotically march to the capital. and for threatening to withhold money from Ukraine, which the transcripts of the call didn't show. While not even charging Joe with that when he bragged about doing it, and now it is pretty well shown Burisma begged Hunter to get help from Washington a week before the threat to withhold spending. and a few days before 5 million went into Biden family shell corps.
Biden would still be on ballot no matter what. Those running his show are not going to give up that kind of power.

Yep impeached him for telling people to peacefully and patriotically march to the capital.
Says the guy who paid zero attention to the staggering amount of evidence presented by the January 6th Committee.
and for threatening to withhold money from Ukraine,
Says the guy who paid zero attention to the staggering amount of evidence presented in Trump's first impeachment. The Senate wasn't going to convict him regardless.
While not even charging Joe with that when he bragged about doing it, and now it is pretty well shown Burisma begged Hunter to get help from Washington a week before the threat to withhold spending. and a few days before 5 million went into Biden family shell corps.
Says the guy who apparently hasn't heard the GOP's 'Star Witness' to the "5 million to the Biden Crime Family" was -- get this: -- a Russian spy (you can't make this sh*t up!!!) :) :) :)

It's hard to have debates with people who don't bother to educate themselves about what's going on.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
This was fairly predictable, and unanimous.

Never voted for Trump, will vote for Haley, but I have to agree with this ruling. Until he is convicted, he should be allowed on the ballot. If this had been ruled the other way, it would be a very, very dangerous precedent to set that could be abused in the future.

It's great to see the SCOTUS move quickly when an election outcome hangs in the balance (i.e. Bush v Gore in 2000 and this Colorado ruling.)

But when it came to expediting Trump's alleged voter interference case so the verdict can be shared with voters before the November election, let's review:
  1. Trump claimed in the federal case against him that he plotted to overturn the 2020 election that he had Presidential immunity and could do anything he pleased and it was okay unless he was convicted by the Senate in an impeachment trail.
  2. Late last year, the US Court of Appeals struck down Trump's claim of Presidential immunity. Trump had until February 12 to file an appeal to the Supreme Court.
  3. To expedite the situation, Special Councel, Jack Smith, went directly to the SCOTUS in December and asked them for a ruling in advance of an appeal......they declined without comment.
  4. As expected, Trump filed an appeal regarding his claim to the SCOTUS and nothing happened for two and a half weeks. Legal pundits assumed one of the conservative judges was dragging out their decision by writing a lengthy dissent opinion.
  5. But -- NO -- the SCOTUS decided they needed to weight in on whether or not a President has immunity for any crimes while in office. They'll take up the case in April and render a decision by July. In the meantime, the trial prep is on hold.
Who knew this was even a question? I could've SWORN that President Ford pardoned Nixon back in the day to avoid having a former President go to court!

It's great to see the SCOTUS move quickly when an election outcome hangs in the balance (i.e. Bush v Gore in 2000 and this Colorado ruling.)

But when it came to expediting Trump's alleged voter interference case so the verdict can be shared with voters before the November election, let's review:
  1. Trump claimed in the federal case against him that he plotted to overturn the 2020 election that he had Presidential immunity and could do anything he pleased and it was okay unless he was convicted by the Senate in an impeachment trail.
  2. Late last year, the US Court of Appeals struck down Trump's claim of Presidential immunity. Trump had until February 12 to file an appeal to the Supreme Court.
  3. To expedite the situation, Special Councel, Jack Smith, went directly to the SCOTUS in December and asked them for a ruling in advance of an appeal......they declined without comment.
  4. As expected, Trump filed an appeal regarding his claim to the SCOTUS and nothing happened for two and a half weeks. Legal pundits assumed one of the conservative judges was dragging out their decision by writing a lengthy dissent opinion.
  5. But -- NO -- the SCOTUS decided they needed to weight in on whether or not a President has immunity for any crimes while in office. They'll take up the case in April and render a decision by July. In the meantime, the trial prep is on hold.
Who knew this was even a question? I could've SWORN that President Ford pardoned Nixon back in the day to avoid having a former President go to court!
Not sure if you were replying to my previous comment or just posting in general. Either way, here are some of my thoughts on the Trump cases:

1. Agree with SCOTUS ruling that he should not be removed from ballots. Innocent until proven guilty.
2. Trump should not be immune for any of these cases. Immunity is for very special circumstances, not to avoid crimes.
3. Agree that these cases should have been expedited so the public would have a clear picture of his criminal status prior to the election. These are very important issues to be resolved.
4. I believe the Classified Data obstruction case was easiest to prove. I know that if I took home classified documents, denied having them, then wouldn't hand them over, I would already be sitting in jail.
5. The Election Tampering cases (Georgia and National) are harder to prove but the prosecutions have made decent arguments.
6. The Hush Money case seems like a lesser offence that they are trying to escalate.

It's interesting that people support him in spite of all of these charges. He had many legal troubles prior to being president, even back when he was a democrat. That is the way he does business. He breaks laws to reap gains, with the knowledge that, if caught, he can fight it off in court or, at least, plead it down enough to justify the gains.

Not sure if you were replying to my previous comment or just posting in general.
I was simply commenting that the SCOTUS can act quickly-- if its in the majority's political interest. One other point: How can at least FOUR members of the SCOTUS not recuse themselves in cases involving Donald Trump? (three judges were picked by him and one judge's wife was involved in overturning the 2020 election for crying out loud!)
6. The Hush Money case seems like a lesser offense that they are trying to escalate.
I agree with 1-5. I hear that claim regarding #6 but Trump's personal lawyer went to jail for doing his boss's bidding in that case. That doesn't sound 'minor' to me.
He had many legal troubles prior to being president, even back when he was a democrat. That is the way he does business. He breaks laws to reap gains, with the knowledge that, if caught, he can fight it off in court or, at least, plead it down enough to justify the gains.
There's scores of people who can attest to never having been paid for services they provided. And let us not forget the Trump University scam and their 'charitable' foundation which was ordered to close by the government for being a fraud.

Reactions: Twelfth Knight
Not sure if you were replying to my previous comment or just posting in general. Either way, here are some of my thoughts on the Trump cases:

1. Agree with SCOTUS ruling that he should not be removed from ballots. Innocent until proven guilty.
2. Trump should not be immune for any of these cases. Immunity is for very special circumstances, not to avoid crimes.
3. Agree that these cases should have been expedited so the public would have a clear picture of his criminal status prior to the election. These are very important issues to be resolved.
4. I believe the Classified Data obstruction case was easiest to prove. I know that if I took home classified documents, denied having them, then wouldn't hand them over, I would already be sitting in jail.
5. The Election Tampering cases (Georgia and National) are harder to prove but the prosecutions have made decent arguments.
6. The Hush Money case seems like a lesser offence that they are trying to escalate.

It's interesting that people support him in spite of all of these charges. He had many legal troubles prior to being president, even back when he was a democrat. That is the way he does business. He breaks laws to reap gains, with the knowledge that, if caught, he can fight it off in court or, at least, plead it down enough to justify the gains.

On #4: you've got Biden with his own problems with classified documents when he was a private citizen. It wasn't exactly the best thing to happen following Trump's own bullshit.

On #5: they kinda sorta have him on tape with the Secretary of Elections in GA trying to get him to swing votes his way. Of all the legal scenarios he is dealing with right now, this is the one that probably is the most damning.

On #6: Of all the dumb crap Trump pulled, this one is the least of his concerns.

Trump is the only candidate in history who actually benefits from the numerous clouds of negativity that swirl around him. Didn't his poll numbers go up after the "grab them by the pu$$y" tapes? He is the most stained individual in the history of this country. And yet, somehow, someway, he's leading in the polls:

Reactions: Twelfth Knight
On #4: you've got Biden with his own problems with classified documents when he was a private citizen. It wasn't exactly the best thing to happen following Trump's own bullshit.

On #5: they kinda sorta have him on tape with the Secretary of Elections in GA trying to get him to swing votes his way. Of all the legal scenarios he is dealing with right now, this is the one that probably is the most damning.

On #6: Of all the dumb crap Trump pulled, this one is the least of his concerns.

Trump is the only candidate in history who actually benefits from the numerous clouds of negativity that swirl around him. Didn't his poll numbers go up after the "grab them by the pu$$y" tapes? He is the most stained individual in the history of this country. And yet, somehow, someway, he's leading in the polls:

So, Nicky Haley is dropping out. She seemed to fade out of the picture as time passed even though it was reported that she had substantial funding. Trump dominated the headlines. I guess the adage any press is good press applies here. Maybe Haley should have encouraged democrats to take her to court or start a riot or something. Joking aside, maybe she should have visited the border and made a stronger statement about it.

Reactions: KnighttimeJoe
So, Nicky Haley is dropping out. She seemed to fade out of the picture as time passed even though it was reported that she had substantial funding. Trump dominated the headlines. I guess the adage any press is good press applies here. Maybe Haley should have encouraged democrats to take her to court or start a riot or something. Joking aside, maybe she should have visited the border and made a stronger statement about it.
There wasn't much Haley could've done, it's pretty clear now that no one was going to be able to contest Trump in the primary. The question now, is how many of Haley voters are going to now vote Trump, and how many will vote Biden or 3rd party. Trump might have some issues with regards to winning over many of her voters.

The question now, is how many of Haley voters are going to now vote Trump, and how many will vote Biden or 3rd party. Trump might have some issues with regards to winning over many of her voters.
How about 'WILL have some BIG issues' winning over Haley voters?

Trump has approached this year's primary with his base as though he is the persecuted incumbant (you know, the President cheated from remaining in office last time around.) So, I find it interesting that the media talks about his 'blowout wins' when 40% of the party's primary voters are saying 'NO."

The polling last night indicated that the overwhelming majority of Haley voters will not support Trump come general election time. But other than mending a fractured party, Trump is in GREAT position to win in November, right? LOOK AT THE POLLS!!! :) ;)

There wasn't much Haley could've done, it's pretty clear now that no one was going to be able to contest Trump in the primary. The question now, is how many of Haley voters are going to now vote Trump, and how many will vote Biden or 3rd party. Trump might have some issues with regards to winning over many of her voters.

Well, Trump's daughter in law, who apparently now runs the RNC, is actively telling actual Republicans to piss off and leave the party if they had the audacity to vote for Haley in a primary. Incredible how Trump family hubris and egomania gets in the way of basic good politics. Instead of immediately reaching out to Haley voters that they desperately will need in a general election, they're extending a giant middle finger at them.

Well it is almost official. Our choices are Bevis and Butthead. As senior citizens.
I have to wonder if voter apathy is going to set in big time. I don’t think you’ll have near the record turnout that you had in 2020.

So, the question will be if that benefits Biden or Trump? In my estimation, probably Donald. He lost by fairly small margins in the last election and there isn’t a lot of room for error with Biden. Who knows…

I have to wonder if voter apathy is going to set in big time. I don’t think you’ll have near the record turnout that you had in 2020.

So, the question will be if that benefits Biden or Trump? In my estimation, probably Donald. He lost by fairly small margins in the last election and there isn’t a lot of room for error with Biden. Who knows…

I don't know of a single Democrat who was enthused about Biden last time yet they all turned out to vote because Trump was the opponent. The same will happen this time. This is why the GOP electorate is so f'ing stupid; all they had to do was elect anyone not named Trump and it'd be a landslide victory. Instead they put the one guy on the ballot who can rally people around the idea that the walking, braindead corpse is still better than the other guy.

I voted 3rd party when Trump ran the first time, voted Biden the second, will have to vote Biden again even though I don't agree with a several of things he has done. It is not worth risking the democracy to vote against him (IMHO).

Well, Trump's daughter in law, who apparently now runs the RNC, is actively telling actual Republicans to piss off and leave the party if they had the audacity to vote for Haley in a primary. Incredible how Trump family hubris and egomania gets in the way of basic good politics. Instead of immediately reaching out to Haley voters that they desperately will need in a general election, they're extending a giant middle finger at them.
I've seen that. Not sure what type of strategy that is, but doesn't sound like a good one.

I don't know of a single Democrat who was enthused about Biden last time yet they all turned out to vote because Trump was the opponent. The same will happen this time. This is why the GOP electorate is so f'ing stupid; all they had to do was elect anyone not named Trump and it'd be a landslide victory. Instead they put the one guy on the ballot who can rally people around the idea that the walking, braindead corpse is still better than the other guy.
Yep. I think Haley would've won the general election, and maybe even convincingly. Trump could win, but it isn't going easy for him for sure. The one thing that might help Trump, is that a lot of far left people are pissed at Biden due to what is going on in Israel. It's just a matter of how many decide they won't vote for him because of it, and how many are just showing their anger now, but will end up voting for him.

The Biden campaign is going to make sure this message gets out over and over.

yeah I have seen some argue that Haley wouldn’t do as well w WNC in the Midwest as Trump but I think she would have done well w Indies that are Center Right and the Suburbs.

Trump can still win bc everything that has already been mentioned but motivation to vote against Haley wouldn’t have been as high. She had that ‘I don’t agree w her on everything but she seems like a nice person’. Ex the Charles Barkley interview w her

If I am Nikki, I go to the DNC and the RNC and see who will pay me more: the DNC to have her run or the RNC not to run. Her third-party entry could sway the election to Biden.

So Trump could win??!? Would somebody please tell me how the hell he does it?

He lost convincingly to Biden last time -- but this time will be different because of.....
  • the January 6th insurrection?
  • the 91 felony counts against him?
  • His rape conviction?
  • His financial business shenanigans?
  • His mandate to House Speaker Johnson to skuttle the bipartisan border bill?
  • His rambling campaign vows of revenge against his enemies?
  • His unwavering support of Putin?
  • His unwavering support of Israel's Netanyahu?
  • His middle finger to Nikki Haley and her 'traitorous' GOP supporters?

As was said earlier, there are likely many candidates out there who could beat Biden. But the moron voters in the GOP primaries apparently don't understand that Donald Trump is NOT one of them.

So Trump could win??!? Would somebody please tell me how the hell he does it?

He lost convincingly to Biden last time -- but this time will be different because of.....
  • the January 6th insurrection?
  • the 91 felony counts against him?
  • His rape conviction?
  • His financial business shenanigans?
  • His mandate to House Speaker Johnson to skuttle the bipartisan border bill?
  • His rambling campaign vows of revenge against his enemies?
  • His unwavering support of Putin?
  • His unwavering support of Israel's Netanyahu?
  • His middle finger to Nikki Haley and her 'traitorous' GOP supporters?

As was said earlier, there are likely many candidates out there who could beat Biden. But the moron voters in the GOP primaries apparently don't understand that Donald Trump is NOT one of them.
Sadly, yes, he could win exactly because of those reasons you just listed.

Remember his base is made up of literal cult members like Boston who make a living out of being professional morons.

Combined with the apathy over Biden and there is a real chance we could have an actual traitor in the WH

Remember his base is made up of literal cult members like Boston who make a living out of being professional morons.

Combined with the apathy over Biden and there is a real chance we could have an actual traitor in the WH
Trump is Biden's mighty weapon against voter apathy.

I wonder the same thing. I wont vote in Primary as no one there to vote for. The Rep nomination is done. Same is true with Dems. I now can wait until Nov, and vote for Bevis so Butthead loses, or vote for Butthead so Bevis loses or waste a vote on Kennedy. Great country we live in.

People opining about voter apathy with a batsh*t crazy autocrat on the ballot display a breathtaking level of cluelessness.

You could argue they are worse than the MAGA cultists themselves---at least those nutjobs are fully aware of what they are doing.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT