ADVERTISEMENT

Again

Lulzzzzz

Yes, It's such an impractical ideal that it has been the overwhelmingly practiced form of social bond for thousands of years in most every corner of the earth.

You have seriously let some whacked out liberal blogs destroy your cognitive ability.

Yes, it has been the core of human existence since the dawn of man. I could go on diatribes about the importance of family roles in the development and persistence of tribal life in the early Americas, but you all don't care.

Only recently has it become some strange, statist ethic to suggest that families are no longer relevant...sorry, the concept of "family" is not bound to a particular religion.

There is a drive to push communal social co-dependency concepts again...not private family. This isn't imagination.

Reactions: 1ofTheseKnights
An impractical ideal? Wow. That just tells me, like most libs, your priorities are screwed up.

Tell me what practical reason we should expect the nuclear family to dominate in 2015? Even people that do the best the can to foster a strong family can see that structure fall apart because humans change and there's nothing that's forcing the family unit to stay together to better survive.

I'll do my best to support keeping my family together when the time comes, but the odds are against it. Acknowledging this don't mean I like that fact l.

Tell me what practical reason we should expect the nuclear family to dominate in 2015? Even people that do the best the can to foster a strong family can see that structure fall apart because humans change and there's nothing that's forcing the family unit to stay together to better survive.

I'll do my best to support keeping my family together when the time comes, but the odds are against it. Acknowledging this don't mean I like that fact l.

I can tell you all one thing that's true about this family debate...

Don't f#ck with my family.

frabz-one-does-not-simply-fail-so-hard-f3b39c.jpg

You don't understand the difference between correlation and causation, do you?

...and I barely have the heart to tell you about The Myth of The Absent Black Father (lots more links in there for you to ignore)

So... come on and tell us why (in your mind) so many black fathers ignore their children? Why don't they keep the traditional family together? You would think they would, because (again, in your mind) it causes so much poverty and other destruction in their neighborhoods, and causes police brutality and crime and...

In the high poverty neighborhoods I've worked in, fathers are not just "away but involved", they're not there at all. I have a strong hunch that if you looked at fathers specifically in the really bad neighborhoods, the descrepency would be apparent.

The only people I should care about is immediate family, and MAYBE friends. That's it.

Not some "greater good". There is nothing "great" or "good" about the "greater good" that I would be willing to give up family for. I definitely haven't seen it...

Next I expect to hear that "love" of a family member is some illusion too...and to not trust emotions.

Which of course would counter the concept of protecting emotional stability with political correctness...because we are supposed to "love" community without question....based on random ethics pulled out of some random dogma that the radical leftists can't even describe or put a finger on.

"All are one! Because...like...it sounds cool and stuff!!!"

Or because our brains are evolving to realize humans are unique in the world in our ability to coexist without having to eat each other to survive. The only reason we have continued conflict is because less evolved brains are still programed to think "must fight to survive". (Yes I realize "why can't everyone just evolve" is as idealistic as "why can't families just stay together")

Or because our brains are evolving to realize humans are unique in the world in our ability to coexist without having to eat each other to survive. The only reason we have continued conflict is because less evolved brains are still programed to think "must fight to survive". (Yes I realize "why can't everyone just evolve" is as idealistic as "why can't families just stay together")

Evolve to what exactly? To be a collective? Like a school of fish? Ants? Because they are pretty damn organized...primitive as hell though...

The only people I should care about is immediate family, and MAYBE friends. That's it.

Not some "greater good". There is nothing "great" or "good" about the "greater good" that I would be willing to give up family for. I definitely haven't seen it...

Next I expect to hear that "love" of a family member is some illusion too...and to not trust emotions.

Which of course would counter the concept of protecting emotional stability with political correctness...because we are supposed to "love" community without question....based on random ethics pulled out of some random dogma that the radical leftists can't even describe or put a finger on.

Hey, asshat, you better care about me, your friend, or I will go down to Florida and beat your ass worse than the kid who got beat up on TV by his mom in the Baltimore riots. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Evolve to what exactly? To be a collective? Like a school of fish? Ants? Because they are pretty damn organized...primitive as hell though...

Evolve to the point that groups can have their own views, practice their own religions, manage their own resources without resorting to killing each other.

The only reason we think fighting and killing others for resources is necessary is because so many haven't shed the part of their brain that neanderthals needed to survive. Even those that you might just call "power thirsty" are driven by what they think is necessary to survive based on their less evolved brain.

Evolve to the point that groups can have their own views, practice their own religions, manage their own resources without resorting to killing each other.

The only reason we think fighting and killing others for resources is necessary is because so many haven't shed the part of their brain that neanderthals needed to survive. Even those that you might just call "power thirsty" are driven by what they think is necessary to survive based on their less evolved brain.

Let us know when you find Utopia.

In the meantime, we'll continue doing crazy things like having a man and woman raise a child.

Science lesson:

A species cannot control it's own evolution. To do so is not evolution or natural selection. It is called engineering.

To claim to know a direction in which a species could, or SHOULD, evolve is a delusion.

Reactions: jetsaholic
Science lesson:

A species cannot control it's own evolution. To do so is not evolution or natural selection. It is called engineering.

To claim to know a direction in which a species could, or SHOULD, evolve is a delusion.

There is a big difference between physical evolution and mental/social/ethical evolution, which humans are the only species capable of.
If mental evolution wasn't possible, we'd still be beating our women over the head with our clubs, dragging them by their hair, and forcing sex on them. Or, black people wouldn't be able to vote. Or, interracial couples wouldn't be able to marry. Or...

Reactions: UCFEE
It becomes more apparent every day why chemmie had to cheat to get through college. I'm honestly surprised he was able to get out of elementary school.

There is a big difference between physical evolution and mental/social/ethical evolution, which humans are the only species capable of.
If mental evolution wasn't possible, we'd still be beating our women over the head with our clubs, dragging them by their hair, and forcing sex on them. Or, black people wouldn't be able to vote. Or, interracial couples wouldn't be able to marry. Or...

So Gorillas are incapable of learning English vocabulary? Dogs can't be taught obedience?

So now Chemmie is not only speaking for other people, but other species too!!!

Yeah, this is what "other species" have to say to that!

g-351-044f3f5c9061bb213bf81b918d2ee7c4421a55fb.jpg

Science lesson:

We are moving in the direction I describe, human violence has been decreasing over time (despite what we see on TV everyday). This is an evolution in the way our minds work (specifically from an instinct to destroy for survival to an instinct to create for survival) More evolved minds view the world as I described, less evolved minds believe they have to resort to old tactics for survival.

We are moving in the direction I describe, human violence has been decreasing over time (despite what we see on TV everyday). This is an evolution in the way our minds work (specifically from an instinct to destroy for survival to an instinct to create for survival) More evolved minds view the world as I described, less evolved minds believe they have to resort to old tactics for survival.
For God sake, stop smoking the product.

So Gorillas are incapable of learning English vocabulary? Dogs can't be taught obedience?
So now Chemmie is not only speaking for other people, but other species too!!!
Yeah, this is what "other species" have to say to that!

That is basic memory retention and learning abilities.
That isn't nearly the same thing as establishing ethical standards, or laws, based on what is deemed appropriate by society.

Gorillas will have sex with whatever female they want, at whatever time they want.
Humans have decided, a long time ago, that rape is wrong and we do not rape females.

Where do you get this from? Thin air?

Meanwhile the mid-east is unglued, China is building barrier islands to thwart land invasion, Russia and Ukraine (run by neo-nazis) are destabilizing...

Uh, no...we are just as violent...we just have technology now.

That is basic memory retention and learning abilities.
That isn't nearly the same thing as establishing ethical standards, or laws, based on what is deemed appropriate by society.

Gorillas will have sex with whatever female they want, at whatever time they want.
Humans have decided, a long time ago, that rape is wrong and we do not rape females.

Go after a silverback's lady and see what happens. There are definitely concepts of "ethics" involved.

For God sake, stop smoking the product.

I'm not wrong. There is absolutely no logical or social reason for people to destroy.

And I'll go one step further in "predicting" why we're evolving to cooperate... because it's an absolute certainty that our species will die off in time if we're unable to leave the solar system... a feat of that magnitude is going to require worldwide cooperation and is going to require human minds to focus on bigger tasks than the basic survival our ancestors had to worry about... we ain't going to have time to fight each other forever. Yes, I know this I speculation so don't bore me with your freshman "well that's not what Darwin said" line.

Last edited:
Where do you get this from? Thin air?

Meanwhile the mid-east is unglued, China is building barrier islands to thwart land invasion, Russia and Ukraine (run by neo-nazis) are destabilizing...

Uh, no...we are just as violent...we just have technology now.

And yet overall we're in a less violent time than any point in history. Dig back in your history books to compare the carnage of the middle ages, up through pre-industrial revoluton, through the two world wars and to today... you'll see worldwide that the level at which humans kill each other overall is going down.

I'm not wrong. There is absolutely no logical or social reason for people to destroy.

And I'll go one step further in "predicting" why we're evolving to cooperate... because it's an absolutely certainty that our species will die off in time if we're unable to leave the solar system... a feat of that magnitude is going to require worldwide cooperation and is going to require human minds to focus on bigger tasks than the basic survival our ancestors had to worry about... we ain't going to have time to fight each other forever. Yes, I know this I speculation so don't bore me with your freshman "well that's not what Darwin said" line.

Um, no, I have a severe issue with "worldwide". There is no cause or reason for a person or group on the other side of the globe mandating our morals here.

People have a right to not participate and reject society...

I love getting random, disjointed lectures on evolution...when Malthusian concepts have been fascination of mine for almost a decade...our species is DEFINITELY in need of a die-off to resolve resource issues. Climate Change can help that, but most of the people that preach about climate change are the most ill-prepared for the "catastrophic outcome" that they predict. Fascinating.

And yet overall we're in a less violent time than any point in history. Dig back in your history books to compare the carnage of the middle ages, up through pre-industrial revoluton, through the two world wars and to today... you'll see worldwide that the level at which humans kill each other overall is going down.

Only 1,000 years ago world population was 1/100th of what it is now. Of course there was less in "number". But we are JUST as violent.

Put two idiots with opposing views in a bar, get them drunk, and see what happens...

Um, no, I have a severe issue with "worldwide". There is no cause or reason for a person or group on the other side of the globe mandating our morals here.

People have a right to not participate and reject society...

I love getting random, disjointed lectures on evolution...when Malthusian concepts have been fascination of mine for almost a decade...our species is DEFINITELY in need of a die-off to resolve resource issues. Climate Change can help that, but most of the people that preach about climate change are the most ill-prepared for the "catastrophic outcome" that they predict. Fascinating.

Mm. Dangerous way of thinking that's led to some of the worst in human behavior. Really hope you're never in a position of power, history has had enough of you.

And I'll go one step further in "predicting" why we're evolving to cooperate... because it's an absolute certainty that our species will die off in time if we're unable to leave the solar system... a feat of that magnitude is going to require worldwide cooperation and is going to require human minds to focus on bigger tasks than the basic survival our ancestors had to worry about... we ain't going to have time to fight each other forever. Yes, I know this I speculation so don't bore me with your freshman "well that's not what Darwin said" line.
At this point you have to be trolling me.

Mm. Dangerous way of thinking that's led to some of the worst in human behavior. Really hope you're never in a position of power, history has had enough of you.

No, what's a dangerous way of thinking is this "collectivism". It involves the eradication of culture, tradition and regional identity...and the right to not participate.

Let's start with the Christians! To the lions!

Right.

I don't want power...I want the "collective mafia" to leave people alone...

Addendum: Furthermore...people continue to procreate (a right that EVERYONE claims to have) and population hits 7 billion. What's the prospects on that by 2050? 2100? I'd rather have SOME people survive, than a "collective" that slowly suffocates its subjugates. Again, comes down to control.

Last edited:
Just move to a prison.

You get healthy meals 3x a day, everyone is equal, everyone lives in a small room (hey, small houses are in now right?), there is constant security, it's diverse, preference doesn't matter and I hear people have long-lasting relationships. There's counseling, churches, mosques, even a means to make an income working for the government. Can't really leave though...and if you ever do you are searched head to toe...

Just move to a prison.

You get healthy meals 3x a day, everyone is equal, everyone lives in a small room (hey, small houses are in now right?), there is constant security, it's diverse, preference doesn't matter and I hear people have long-lasting relationships. There's counseling, churches, mosques, even a means to make an income working for the government. Can't really leave though...and if you ever do you are searched head to toe...
/thread.

Just move to a prison.

This is essentially what the left wing wants, only they want a centralized government to be the warden.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT