ADVERTISEMENT

Another Assault on Liberty: Banning Birth Control

DaShuckster

Diamond Knight
Nov 30, 2003
Given some of the crazyass talk in Red States, today the US Senate introduced a bill to protect the use of contraceptives. Should be a no-brainer vote, right?

Get this: It FAILED with 39 Republicans voting against it.

WTF???
It's yet another stunning example of the Catholic Church and other religious fundamentalists trying to turn our country into their own personal theocracy. Why else would politicians want to ban birth control for crying out loud??? Where's THAT in the Constitution??!? Maybe someone here can explain to the rest of us why their view of the government's role includes banning contraceptives. We're all ears.

Link:

I actually think you are flipping the actual bill and narrative, making it seem like there was a push to ban contraceptives. The biggest problem I think was the ambiguous nature of the actual bill and the slippery slope, it might have created. The wording from the little I have read and researched stated the bill protected “an individual’s ability to access contraceptives” and “a health care provider’s ability to provide contraceptives, contraception, and information related to contraception.”

The legislation would have barred state and federal governments from prohibiting the sale of any contraceptives or blocking “any individual from aiding another individual in voluntarily obtaining or using any contraceptives or contraceptive methods.”

The bill defined contraception as “an action taken to prevent pregnancy, including the use of contraceptives or fertility-awareness-based methods and sterilization procedures.”

As ambiguous as that is worded it could protect potentially harmful contraceptives, it could also allow minors to circumnavigate their parents on contraceptive issues. More problematic for some parties is it could potentially side srep states rights on abortion by classifying abortion/abortion pills as contraceptives. Again these are the tip of the iceberg as to some of the issues of an ambiguously written bill. (And believe me I deal with the fallout of bills that are horribly drafted/ambiguous on a daily basis)

I can also see how this is more of a political stunt than an actual practical problem as contraceptives have not been banned in any state, currently. Moreover, it is curious that this vote occurred on a day where several polls were released in swing states showing Trump ahead on every issue except abortion/womens rights.

With that said this is not my personal view I am quite happy with the current Supreme Court rulings on privacy and protections for people's own choices as to their personal business.

Again food for thought....

Also there may be grammer mistakes as I wrote this quickly after a long day and fat fingers. 🤣🤣

Last edited:
I actually think you are flipping the actual bill and narrative, making it seem like there was a push to ban contraceptives.
Making it seem like there's been a push? Have you been paying attention to the news? Trump is on record saying he's 'open' to supporting contraceptive restrictions. And I recall recently reading stories about Missouri and Louisana's efforts to ban birth control in their states. It's the latest cause for the religious right, as is banning IVF (as the Alabama Supreme Court recently made clear.)
The biggest problem I think was the ambiguous nature of the actual bill and the slippery slope, it might have created.
WHY would any legislation protecting a person's right to birth control be 'ambiguous'?
The legislation would have barred state and federal governments from prohibiting the sale of any contraceptives ...
WHY is reaffirming an American's right to birth control a bad thing in a free country not controlled by Catholic dogma?
it could also allow minors to circumnavigate their parents on contraceptive issues.
So the answer is to ban birth control for everybody in order to protect minors? FWIW, the SCOTUS has make it clear that minors have a constitutional right to contraception (at least for now.)
More problematic for some parties is it could potentially side srep states rights on abortion by classifying abortion/abortion pills as contraceptives.
Yeah, we wouldn't want abortion pills confused with contraceptives in a country supposedly free of Catholic dogma. ;)
I can also see how this is more of a political stunt than an actual practical problem as contraceptives have not been banned in any state, currently.
A political stunt? Over the past two years, how many political stunts have we seen from the Republican House of Representatives?

American voters need to pay attention to to the fact these elected theocrats are not done restricting peoples' constitutional rights (as today's vote made crystal clear.)
With that said this is not my personal view I am quite happy with the current Supreme Court rulings on privacy and protections for people's own choices as to their personal business.
What protections for people's own choices are you happy about? The court has been taking away rights, not protecting them.
Also there may be grammer mistakes as I wrote this quickly after a long day and fat fingers. 🤣🤣
You did a great job. It's great to see a new WC poster interested in engaging in an actual discussion.

Way too many so-called 'discussions' today are echo chambers on either side. If there are more lurkers like you interested in 'jumping' into this kind of back-and-forth on the issues of the day, maybe we can get this place rolling again.

Trump is on record saying he's 'open' to supporting contraceptive restrictions.
no he didn't, that's why you didn't provide the "record." here's what was actually said:

Trump was asked, “Do you support any restrictions on a person’s right to contraception?”
“We’re looking at that and I’m going to have a policy on that very shortly,” Trump responded

source

then retards like yourself had a fantasy about him saying he wanted to ban birth control, so he further clarified:

after an interview released hours earlier, Donald Trump said that he has “never, and will never advocate imposing restrictions on birth control or other contraceptives”

source

literally the first result on google when you search "trump contraceptive"

it is way too easy for you to continue to be this dumb

no he didn't, that's why you didn't provide the "record." here's what was actually said:

Trump was asked, “Do you support any restrictions on a person’s right to contraception?”
“We’re looking at that and I’m going to have a policy on that very shortly,” Trump responded

source

then retards like yourself had a fantasy about him saying he wanted to ban birth control, so he further clarified:

after an interview released hours earlier, Donald Trump said that he has “never, and will never advocate imposing restrictions on birth control or other contraceptives”

source

literally the first result on google when you search "trump contraceptive"

it is way too easy for you to continue to be this dumb

LOL now you're owning this dipshit in yet another worthless thread that he created

Shookster is a sucker for having his shit kicked in repeatedly. Maybe he's into it?

LOL now you're owning this dipshit in yet another worthless thread that he created

Shookster is a sucker for having his shit kicked in repeatedly. Maybe he's into it?

He's been getting his shit kicked in for 8 years. Have no doubt that he's very much into it.

Reactions: UCFKnight85
Y'all got anything other than personal attacks or no?
Face it, it would be embarrassing *Crickets* otherwise because they have absolutely no answer. If they did, we'd have heard it.
When they have no logic....they resort to a personal attack with name calling. LOL
A tag-team round of personal insults give them the illusion of winning those arguments they can't answer.

It's the MAGA Way of 'debating,' thanks to their hero, Trump. We see the same thing on the big stage with the preposterous rhetoric and insults from spineless GOP politicians who damn well know better.

Face it, it would be embarrassing *Crickets* otherwise because they have absolutely no answer. If they did, we'd have heard it.

A tag-team round of personal insults give them the illusion of winning those arguments they can't answer.

It's the MAGA Way of 'debating,' thanks to their hero, Trump. We see the same thing on the big stage with the preposterous rhetoric and insults from spineless GOP politicians who damn well know better.
you get your shit kicked in, then resort to this weird "turn to the audience and summarize the nature of the debate" as a defense tactic.

this is why everyone thinks you're gay.

you get your shit kicked in, then resort to this weird "turn to the audience and summarize the nature of the debate" as a defense tactic.

this is why everyone thinks you're gay.

Shookster is doing everything possible to deflect away from the fact that we caught him being a sensitive little bitch who cried to the mods.

Y'all got anything other than personal attacks or no?
So the answer is a resounding "no".

Also only 85 would be dumb enough to claim there are mods on this board 🤣

Summary so far: people who formerly were so goddamn stupid that they voted for trump in 2016 are now bigly mad that trump turned out to be a literal shit stain (just like shookster claimed) and now have zero candidates to cheer for (because politics is like sports teams to idiots like 85)

So they pick on the guy from the special needs state to make up for their political organization being taken over by actual traitors to the Constitution. All while adding exactly zero useful content to this board.

Last edited:
So the answer is a resounding "no".
The hilarious thing is they respond with personal insults. You'd THINK they'd have enough self-awareness to realize how it makes them look.

Back in the old days, 85 could actually be counted on to offer a worthy counterpoint. Sadly, today he's been reduced to being 'just one of the Gggguuuuuuyyyyyssss.'

The hilarious thing is they respond with personal insults. You'd THINK they'd have enough self-awareness to realize how it makes them look.

Back in the old days, 85 could actually be counted on to offer a worthy counterpoint. Sadly, today he's been reduced to being 'just one of the Gggguuuuuuyyyyyssss.'

Comment on you crying to mod to have a post removed? You sure do a lot of talking on every subject aside from the subject of you being a bitch who had to cry about a post that exposed you.

Reactions: thall_
Comment on you crying to mod to have a post removed? You sure do a lot of talking on every subject aside from the subject of you being a bitch who had to cry about a post that exposed you.
I just did. It's in the Election thread.

Imagine being a self proclaimed Catholic, posting enough slurs to embarrass a sailor, and then whine like an incessant goddamn little bitch about hypocrisy 🤣 😂 🤣

JylVUGf.png

Imagine being a self proclaimed Catholic, posting enough slurs to embarrass a sailor, and then whine like an incessant goddamn little bitch about hypocrisy 🤣 😂 🤣

JylVUGf.png
Imagine being unable to stop sucking cock

Your poor mother

Yesterday Samuel Alito was caught on tape revealing his true guiding force was not the Consitution but quote, "returning our country to a place of godliness."

Screw any pretence of judging cases before the Court impartially.

Link:

Yesterday Samuel Alito was caught on tape revealing his true guiding force was not the Consitution but quote, "returning our country to a place of godliness."

Link:

Holy shit. That must make Alito a.................

LIAR!!!!!!!

Amirite, guyyyyyyyyyyyyysssss?!?!?!?!?!?!

• Haha
Reactions: Ucfmikes and thall_

Link:
no he didnt, you're once again misattributing quotes to paint your own picture.

Lauren Windsor: I think that the solution is winning the moral argument, like, people in this country who believe in God have got to keep fighting for that, to return our country to a place of godliness

actual recording

no he didnt, you're once again misattributing quotes to paint your own picture.

Lauren Windsor: I think that the solution is winning the moral argument, like, people in this country who believe in God have got to keep fighting for that, to return our country to a place of godliness

actual recording

There's no way that Shookster would lie and misrepresent something to make a super awesome argument on a UCF sports political board, is there?

There's no way that Shookster would lie and misrepresent something to make a super awesome argument on a UCF sports political board, is there?
well you see, it's very controversial for a supreme court judge to agree with being on the right side of the moral argument

Holy shit. That must make Alito a.................

LIAR!!!!!!!

Amirite, guyyyyyyyyyyyyysssss?!?!?!?!?!?!
Imagine being more upset that a nobody from Nebraska might have lied on a central Florida sports message board vs a sitting supreme court justice and POTUS.

Frustrated World Cup GIF
The Daily Show Wow GIF by The Daily Show with Trevor Noah

Imagine being more upset that a nobody from Nebraska might have lied on a central Florida sports message board vs a sitting supreme court justice and POTUS.

Frustrated World Cup GIF
The Daily Show Wow GIF by The Daily Show with Trevor Noah
Imagine being this unaware and thinking that’s the case.

Now, tell mom to stop getting me to piss on her.

Reactions: thall_
Imagine being this unaware and thinking that’s the case.

Now, tell mom to stop getting me to piss on her.
# of times ITT you and the whiny bitch club have complained about the Nebraskan > the number of people that have run a train on your mom at the same time (approaching infinity)

# of times complained about literal leaders of the free world being pieces of shit < the number of hugs the incel crowd got growing up (1).

Last edited:
# of times ITT you and the whiny bitch club have complained about the Nebraskan > the number of people that have room a train on your mom (approaching infinity)

# of times complained about literal leaders of the free world being pieces of shit < the number of hugs the incel crowd got growing up (1).

Number of times IDGAF>all this shit.

Tell mom thanks for the BJs.

Number of times IDGAF>all this shit.

Tell mom thanks for the BJs.
And that's the beautiful thing about America, nobody is forcing you to give a shit, neither about you all looking like dumbasses for freaking the complete fûck out about some dude in Nebraska daring to post on a message board nor the fact that your mom has had more trains run on her than all the tracks at Grand Central Station combined.

And that's the beautiful thing about America, nobody is forcing you to give a shit, neither about you all looking like dumbasses for freaking the complete fûck out about some dude in Nebraska daring to post on a message board nor the fact that your mom has had more trains run on her than all the tracks at Grand Central Station combined.

2/10 with the mom bit.

Speaking of biting, your mom needs to use less teeth.

# of times ITT you and the whiny bitch club have complained about the Nebraskan > the number of people that have run a train on your mom at the same time (approaching infinity)

i like how you needed that many words to respond to two simple sentences.

This is why nobody thinks the left is funny

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT