ADVERTISEMENT

Any Milton Updates?

Cam Newton is the most hit QB in the league. He had 50% more hits than the 2nd place QB, Russell Wilson. Smaller QB would be out of the league with his playing style.

Milton's accuracy is not at Drew Brees level, Gabriel has shown to have better deep ball accuracy as a freshman. He needs his mobility to create plays, and he would need it in the NFL to see passing lanes. Even if Milton became healthy he's now a backup and maybe could play in Canada after college. That's the honest look at the situation.
There are a bunch of QB's in the league with worse accuracy than Milton. Gardner Minshew for example who did way less than Milton did with arguably more talent. If a dude like Josh Rosen can be an NFL QB while not doing anything important in college, no impressive stats, a subpar TD/INT ratio, then im not worried about Milton's accuracy preventing him from getting a nod. The injury is the only thing I can see holding him back.

Its crazy because now that Stidham is on the Patriots I see analysts talk about how good his accuracy is when Milton completely outclassed him. Stidham was average at best while surrounded by 4 and 5 star dudes who should be able to catch anything.

Yes DG is good but you cant compare year by year, you cant expect the same jump in progress from every QB. Some dudes are the same their entire career and others like Burrow peak later at the right time. So until we see DG's peak we cannot diminish what Milton became.

Reactions: mattropolis
There are a bunch of QB's in the league with worse accuracy than Milton. Gardner Minshew for example who did way less than Milton did with arguably more talent. If a dude like Josh Rosen can be an NFL QB while not doing anything important in college, no impressive stats, a subpar TD/INT ratio, then im not worried about Milton's accuracy preventing him from getting a nod. The injury is the only thing I can see holding him back.

Its crazy because now that Stidham is on the Patriots I see analysts talk about how good his accuracy is when Milton completely outclassed him. Stidham was average at best while surrounded by 4 and 5 star dudes who should be able to catch anything.

Yes DG is good but you cant compare year by year, you cant expect the same jump in progress from every QB. Some dudes are the same their entire career and others like Burrow peak later at the right time. So until we see DG's peak we cannot diminish what Milton became.

The reason I put in accuracy, is because if a small QB is not very mobile or has incredible accuracy like Brees NFL has no interest or really use. Milton was very successful in the college level, but he clearly is built as a college QB.

Reactions: Endeavor.
The reason I put in accuracy, is because if a small QB is not very mobile or has incredible accuracy like Brees NFL has no interest or really use. Milton was very successful in the college level, but he clearly is built as a college QB.
Things have changed a bit at the NFL level lately. I think if Milton was at 100% and had kept up his production at 2017-2018 levels, he would be a decent prospect. He did make a lot of throws from the pocket as well, especially back-shoulder fades to the outside that are an NFL staple, he executed that throw better than any college QB in 2018, including several drives where they just kept going back to it over and over again.

He is probably about as college-ish as Baker Mayfield, less so than Lamar Jackson or Kyler Murray were coming out of college. A lot of NFL schemes are based on zone reads and RPOs now, ballers ball.

If someone in the NFL thinks he can win games and make a team money they will pick him up. However, I think if Milton played his career for Oregon, Central Michigan most on here would not be advocating for him to play for their personal NFL team.

tenor.gif

MM will never play in the NFL, and it is unlikely he ever starts again at UCF. If he goes pro it will be arena, or Canadian fb.

For me just the idea of KZ stepping on the field again is exciting. If he gets to 80% of where he was I predict he sees serious playing time. The guy is just so smart on the field. If DG gives him an opening he takes advantage

Reactions: Yaes
I could see them splitting time early in the year with Milton taking over at some point, maybe by the 5th game so DG can redshirt.

This is taking me down memory lane (or whatever). The hit happened on the home side but I was with a big group on the away side so I couldn't see anything other than him staying down, the athletes crowding around, etc. Some people near us got on their phones and said his leg was broken. My mentor was on the home side and had a clear view of Milton on the ground. He said somebody asked him if he thought Milton would be back after half time. He told the guy Milton would be lucky to still have two legs by the end of the night. I still haven't looked up a video of it. It's the only time I've ever not looked up an injury.

Reactions: Central Floridave
I could see them splitting time early in the year with Milton taking over at some point, maybe by the 5th game so DG can redshirt.

Even if they are friends, I think that will cause all sorts of problems in terms of leadership on the team. I doubt Gabriel is interested in red shirting a season. Also Heupel has shown he has little interest in having QBs splitting time even when it can be warranted.

Even if they are friends, I think that will cause all sorts of problems in terms of leadership on the team. I doubt Gabriel is interested in red shirting a season. Also Heupel has shown he has little interest in having QBs splitting time even when it can be warranted.
It's a bit of a unique situation, no? We are talking about the player who I consider to be the greatest Knight of all time. Let's give him a chance and see if he can come back and win the job.

It's definitely a long shot, but it was a long shot for a 5'10 1/2" 160 lb QB from Hawaii who runs a 4.75 40 to take a largely unknown team from a mediocre conference to an undefeated season and beat an SEC team by 2 scores in a NY6 bowl. That never stopped the GOAT, and he never hesitated for a second. He isn't giving up on himself or his team or us, we should not give up on him. No need for the condescending "sports injury experts" to chime in with their guarantees of failure. If we all had 1/10 of KZ's heart and drive the world would be a much different place and our perception of what is possible would be very different.

Reactions: Radiate88 and Yaes
This is taking me down memory lane (or whatever). The hit happened on the home side but I was with a big group on the away side so I couldn't see anything other than him staying down, the athletes crowding around, etc. Some people near us got on their phones and said his leg was broken. My mentor was on the home side and had a clear view of Milton on the ground. He said somebody asked him if he thought Milton would be back after half time. He told the guy Milton would be lucky to still have two legs by the end of the night. I still haven't looked up a video of it. It's the only time I've ever not looked up an injury.
I know most people say it was a 50/50 chance of him losing his leg below the knee bc of blood flow issues. Honest question, are there cases of college football or NFL guys losing a limb because of a hit?

It's a bit of a unique situation, no? We are talking about the player who I consider to be the greatest Knight of all time. Let's give him a chance and see if he can come back and win the job.

It's definitely a long shot, but it was a long shot for a 5'10 1/2" 160 lb QB from Hawaii who runs a 4.75 40 to take a largely unknown team from a mediocre conference to an undefeated season and beat an SEC team by 2 scores in a NY6 bowl. That never stopped the GOAT, and he never hesitated for a second. He isn't giving up on himself or his team or us, we should not give up on him. No need for the condescending "sports injury experts" to chime in with their guarantees of failure. If we all had 1/10 of KZ's heart and drive the world would be a much different place and our perception of what is possible would be very different.

Sounds like a JAG to me, glad we still went after him!

Knees take 2 years to completely heal. As OS article says we'll see him on the field in 2021 unless another miracle happens. He says he wont play this year at 90% which is usually where a player is at after 1 year of healing. With his injury he definitely needs 2 full years. He'd probably be ready at end of 2020 season but wait at that point.

Knees take 2 years to completely heal. As OS article says we'll see him on the field in 2021 unless another miracle happens. He says he wont play this year at 90% which is usually where a player is at after 1 year of healing. With his injury he definitely needs 2 full years. He'd probably be ready at end of 2020 season but wait at that point.

Which then you have Milton who will have missed two seasons coming off injury vs. Gabriel who has started the past two seasons. If Gabriel has a strong sophomore year, I just don't see how even if Milton is practicing well you tell Gabriel you have to sit and wait your turn.

Reactions: Tiemanster
Which then you have Milton who will have missed two seasons coming off injury vs. Gabriel who has started the past two seasons. If Gabriel has a strong sophomore year, I just don't see how even if Milton is practicing well you tell Gabriel you have to sit and wait your turn.
LoL at thinking DG is going to voluntarily sit on the bench at UCF after starting 2 years
Who said DG was volunteering? If KZ somehow got back to 100% he would be better than DG was last year by a decent margin. DG would have to improve in 2020 to catch up. Do you think Wimbush, Quadry, and Mack sat voluntarily?

Who said DG was volunteering? If KZ somehow got back to 100% he would be better than DG was last year by a decent margin. DG would have to improve in 2020 to catch up. Do you think Wimbush, Quadry, and Mack sat voluntarily?

Milton will not be 100% meaning 2017 levels after two years off and injury. Gabriel as a junior will not be where he was as a freshman. Add in that most of the offense will have multiple years of experience with Gabriel and no experience with Milton.

Basically if returned Milton would beat out junior Gabriel then Gabriel will not start another game for UCF.

As much as I love MM, I hope he fully considers the full gamut of health risks before returning.....needs to consider the rest of his life...!
This was already determined the moment it happened, everyone here is finally coming to reality. He can't play again

Where have you been with this troll? He’s ruining the free board!
He’s not worth responding to 99% of the time.
Eventually lone wolves get tired of being out there on an island. He’s probably a retread of a past troll.

All his posts are negative and none are factual
You can only post so long when EVERYONE is disagreeing. That can’t be fun

You are assuming that DG doesn’t improve after his freshman year ...
LMAO, you literally cut out the part of my post where I said DG would have to improve to take a spot from KZ. How is that assuming he won't improve?

He’s not worth responding to 99% of the time.
Eventually lone wolves get tired of being out there on an island. He’s probably a retread of a past troll.

All his posts are negative and none are factual
You can only post so long when EVERYONE is disagreeing. That can’t be fun

I noticed your post in the National Title Odds thread, and I know what I am dealing with. The fact that you cannot understand or accept my posts is a complement to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT