ADVERTISEMENT

Any Milton Updates?

KZs mom says he has "transformed his knee". Picture looked really good. No apparent swelling or scarring. Quad even looked close to the same size as the other knee.

This. Looks pretty good. I guess the lighting is bad...you can see scarring if you zoom in but in my limited experience I'd be much more worried about persistent swelling and atrophy. Visually that is. Of course range of motion and strength are extremely important.
Definitely see a little swelling. Atrophy is expected and will be overcome.

He looks ready for the beach :) Field next? You know the longer this thing drags out with practice cancelled, the more chance (although small) there is that he may be getting some good reps at QB,

Reactions: Yaes and ahabmw
Cam Newton is the most hit QB in the league. He had 50% more hits than the 2nd place QB, Russell Wilson. Smaller QB would be out of the league with his playing style.

Milton's accuracy is not at Drew Brees level, Gabriel has shown to have better deep ball accuracy as a freshman. He needs his mobility to create plays, and he would need it in the NFL to see passing lanes. Even if Milton became healthy he's now a backup and maybe could play in Canada after college. That's the honest look at the situation.

Thank you. You are 100% correct.

When that guy steps back on the field at UCF, in any capacity the place is going to go nuts.
R-E-S-P-E-C-T...
When he steps on the field he gets respect like no other QB from the guys around him because of all he's given to move the program forward and win big games!

Reactions: Ucfmikes
This about KZ seems to solidify everything I have heard about this young man. Whether he is back playing again or not the guy is a leader for sure

https://www.khon2.com/coronavirus/m...o-make-progress-towards-a-return-to-football/

"I wish it were the case where I could get cleared tomorrow and go suit up but that just hasn’t been it with this injury,” Milton said. “Whatever my role is with the team, like last year being like a player-coach, it was great. Learning from that vantage of watching Dillon grow, if that’s my role again this year, so be it.

“I’ll be happy and hopefully we can go on another special run and go undefeated again, whether I’m at the helm or not. I still feel like I have a leadership role on the team and I’m gonna embrace that.”

When he graduates they need to immediately hire him on in some coaching capacity
Ideally I think its best to have him stick around after graduating, but eventually go out and work programs outside of UCF and pick up lessons, then come back later as a higher up.

R-E-S-P-E-C-T...
When he steps on the field he gets respect like no other QB from the guys around him because of all he's given to move the program forward and win big games!
Also the respect he receives from opposing coaches and players is inspiring. When he played it was always interesting to see how other players and coaches immediately gravitated toward him for post game conversation and well wishes. After taking a hard hit from other defenders you would sometimes see defenders help him up from the ground, showing respect that you rarely see on the field between opposing players.

I think the article on the front page says it all :)

Looks like the main thing that might stand in the way of Milton playing this season is whether or not there will be a season :)

If he's committed to playing and recovered, he knows that he'll have September to get back into playing shape for league play. No reason for him NOT to get in some reps during those early games so Heup can make the best decision on picking a starter. When I watch the games films from last season I don't see a veteran QB playing for UCF. We could use him if he's fully recovered.

The kid from UM who had his leg bent straight backwards at the knee and played pro ball for Buffalo (worst injury I ever saw). The QB on Saints who was hurt at Minnesota and played for UL had KZ type injury and he looks pretty good for me (except he's still not an accurate passer). I rest my case Doc :)

Edgerrin James?

I read the entire interview he gave another site and he admitted that he has "long ways to go" before he can actually play. That's straight from him.

Milton's name is clickbait, remember that. We have a starting QB for the next two years and his name is DILLON GABRIEL!

Did McGahee have the knee dislocation and bloodflow problems or just torn ligaments?
Okay you made me pull this video back up. I've never seen a knee bend backwards like this thankfully. Damage may not have been as bad as it looked.
Warning don't watch this video with food or drink in your mouth.

The main reason why I'm interested in seeing Milton return is games like the Tulane game which we almost lost at the end and those we did lose at the end on the road. Look at the statistics of the Tulane game. DG not accurate and Mack gets us two scores in the 2nd half. DG fading in the second half of losing games away is a concerning trend.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=401117906

While I would be the first guy yelling ad screaming to see Milton return I am not sure why people on this board beat on DG. He is already ahead of where Milton was his Freshman year. Unfortunately has has not been able to be at UCF and training, but if he has half of the increase in field awareness that Milton achieved between his first and second years he will be the best QB in the conference and on course to be one of the best ever at UCF. Anyone remember Miltons freshman year in 2016? We lost to Maryland in the end after leading and Milton fumbled. Lost in the last second to Temple after leading the whole game; Blew a 21 point lead against Houston with 4 turnovers in the 4th; , Lost to Tulsa, USF and how people were calling out for Holman at the Cure Bowl? We had a true freshman step in and outplay a guy who lead ND to one of their best seasons and the QB from the year before. Passed 236 of 398 passes for 3,653 yards, 29 touchdowns and only seven interceptions setting the freshman records at UCF and people are talking about a DG as if he is has serious flaws? I am not sure there is any other QB i this conference I would rather have as the future of the program. Who would you rather have then DG?

On the flip side seems to be this expectation that when Milton walks on the field he's going to play at hesiman levels. Curious what the response will be if he were to have a bad game and lose. The hype that is building up seems impossible to live up to.

Reactions: ahabmw
On the flip side seems to be this expectation that when Milton walks on the field he's going to play at hesiman levels. Curious what the response will be if he were to have a bad game and lose. The hype that is building up seems impossible to live up to.

I don't think anyone really expects Milton to be the KZ of old. I don't think he will overtake DG. I don't think anyone will knock him if he is not able to perform as before. He will always be remembered as one of the best. But just to compete is such an amazing story and UCF fans so very much want to see him meet that goal. IF by some chance he is able to return and win the job and win on the field it would be a sensation to rival the NC story in 2017.

Reactions: ahabmw and Drew-C-F
It all comes down to three things:
1) Will there be a season if there are no fans allowed in the stands?
2) Will DG be better or worse without Davis? He threw a bunch of bombs
to Davis for TDs. The team was further along for DG than it was for KG
when he was a freshmen so it's hard to compare freshmen seasons. How about
comparing DG's freshmen year to KG's sophomore year? The blocking in
KG's freshmen year was not good. He was running for his life a lot.
3) How well can KG plant his leg when passing and cutting? If he can't do this well
by early September, he will only play in a few games so he can get his red-shirt.

Reactions: ElprofesorJuan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT