ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Recruiting Thread

Donovan Draper and Dylan Canoville are nice players but I don't see either of them being major contributors at the AAC level. They're high level D2 guys who will probably get low major D1 offers.

Canoville plays hard, is athletic but at 6-foot-5 he is limited on the perimeter. He's more power forward than small forward.

Draper is a stat stuffing athletic glue guy. He's a wing with a good feel for the game, a capable passer, who knows how to move without the ball to get open. He's a Coach's son and it shows in how he plays.
If there is a season this upcoming year they both could grow with being senior leaders. They hopefully can be working on outside game with not much else to do. I pretty much follow the South Florida Scene. Most Palm Beach and Treasure Coast.

If there is a season this upcoming year they both could grow with being senior leaders. They hopefully can be working on outside game with not much else to do. I pretty much follow the South Florida Scene. Most Palm Beach and Treasure Coast.
Speed & quickness, especially laterally, don't appear mid major level to me. Could that improve by the end of their senior season? Maybe, but most 2021 kids will be committing and signing their NLI in November. So, Draper and Canoville need to make some huge improvement between now and the end of October or roll the dice that they'll get offers they want in the spring.

I don't even know if they have Division I offers at this point in time. Maybe FGCU has offered Draper.

Speed & quickness, especially laterally, don't appear mid major level to me. Could that improve by the end of their senior season? Maybe, but most 2021 kids will be committing and signing their NLI in November. So, Draper and Canoville need to make some huge improvement between now and the end of October or roll the dice that they'll get offers they want in the spring.

I don't even know if they have Division I offers at this point in time. Maybe FGCU has offered Draper.
What site do you use for college basketball offers?

Yeah it sucks. Kids this year are getting screwed.
It actually creates an opportunity for HS Coaches, particularly the ones who always complain about the AAU Coaches.

Smart HS Coaches are emailing game video to college coaches and communicating to them about their players. College basketball coaches are watching more HS game video of kids than they ever have before. College football coaches are typically the kings of watching HS game video. Because there are so many AAU basketball events that happen during live evaluation periods college basketball coaches can go see kids in person against good competition...not in 2020 though.

I've often felt that some, not all, HS basketball coaches are lazy. Despite having someone shoot video of all of their games they can't be bothered to send game video to Division I or Division II coaches.

It actually creates an opportunity for HS Coaches, particularly the ones who always complain about the AAU Coaches.

Smart HS Coaches are emailing game video to college coaches and communicating to them about their players. College basketball coaches are watching more HS game video of kids than they ever have before. College football coaches are typically the kings of watching HS game video. Because there are so many AAU basketball events that happen during live evaluation periods college basketball coaches can go see kids in person against good competition...not in 2020 though.

I've often felt that some, not all, HS basketball coaches are lazy. Despite having someone shoot video of all of their games they can't be bothered to send game video to Division I or Division II coaches.
High School Coaches should be hyping their guys up. That’s how you get good transfers. Wellington coaches always on Twitter. A lot of those kids are not from Wellington.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Jaylen Martin of Florida High, where the head basketball coach is Charlie Ward.

Little Rock, usf, Stetson, TCU & Mississippi are his offers. He's taken unofficials, that I know of, to FSU, Mississippi and usf.

Didn’t know Charlie Ward was a HS Coach. Good info.
I don't think he has been coaching at the high school level for long but he seems committed. His team has several Division I prospects. One is a top-100 basketball prospect and, although not ranked for his football talent, he has big time college football offers.

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
@Russ Wood you familiar with any of these Kids?

I'm very familiar with CJ Hawkins. Saw him before he even participated in his first varsity practice at Berkeley Prep.

Have heard good things about Anthony Robinson II but I haven't seen him play. Tried to watch him at a Showcase on March 7th but I missed him.

Not very familiar with the rest. I watched Lake Highland Prep this season but Jah Quinones either didn't play in the game I watched or he didn't stand out. Another 2022 LHP kid did, Brice Sensabaugh, kid is a shot maker, and 2023 wing Sean Stewart. I think Sean Stewart may be one of the 10 best players in the 2023 class in Florida.

CJ Walker just announced he’s transferring from Oregon. He’s a 6/8 forward, former five-star recruit c/o ‘19.

He’s from Orlando, went to Oak Ridge HS. I would normally assume he’s a prospect that would never consider UCF, but he mentioned a few times on social media about wanting to be home and close to family. I realize just about anywhere is closer than Oregon, but still probably worth it to check-in.

CJ Walker just announced he’s transferring from Oregon. He’s a 6/8 forward, former five-star recruit c/o ‘19.

He’s from Orlando, went to Oak Ridge HS. I would normally assume he’s a prospect that would never consider UCF, but he mentioned a few times on social media about wanting to be home and close to family. I realize just about anywhere is closer than Oregon, but still probably worth it to check-in.
Says Sanford. https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/cj-walker-will-transfer-from-oregon/

Nice. So excited for this year's line up. It could be another NCAA run. I would expect nothing less with this group and Coach Dawkins. Go Knights!

Hoping he gets the waiver for being close to home. All the top schools get waivers for any reason at all. If so I think we are a tourney team. Is Bol going to see the court?

Reactions: Knightro20
Question about Isaiah Adams- how does he win Mr. Basketball and Athlete of the Year and not have more offers or be ranked higher?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT