ADVERTISEMENT

Bortles leads Jacksonville to a win?

Mikesi

Diamond Knight
Oct 17, 2013
Moved the ball and led a modest 3 point drive. Nobody knows what to make of it.
Head coach Doug Marrone has his head up his ass and can’t name a starter for the next game. They are risking paying him a ton if he gets injured.

He’s done in Jacksonville.
Get the hell out of there Blake. New scenery. New system. Be a backup for a good team. Get paid and if your number gets called, be ready to shine and become a starter somewhere again.

Head coach Doug Marrone has his head up his ass and can’t name a starter for the next game. They are risking paying him a ton if he gets injured.

Get the hell out of there Blake. New scenery. New system. Be a backup for a good team. Get paid and if your number gets called, be ready to shine and become a starter somewhere again.

Tampa. Give him a one year try out and see what he does. IMO, there aren't any franchise worthy QB's in the 2019 draft. Will Grier ? Are you kidding me ?

Reactions: Mikesi
Tampa. Give him a one year try out and see what he does. IMO, there aren't any franchise worthy QB's in the 2019 draft. Will Grier ? Are you kidding me ?
He has never had a decent offensive line, receiving weapons, and a running back all simultaneously. With a decent defense. Is that too much to ask?

Reactions: thespiritof1976
They are realizing the surrounding pieces are garbage too and it ain’t on the QB. 3 weeks he was benched they scored 6, 9, and 13 (thanks to a punt return TD). Against Miami they scored 10 offensive points.

I have a feeling he will be competing for the starting job in Washington next season.

The problem in Jax isn't the QB. Didn't I see last night that Jax is going to keep Marrone?

agree 1000% RUN BLAKE RUN

Hope he goes to my New York Football Giants!! He will have a true #1 WR (Beckham) and #1 RB (Saquon).

Even if it’s just a short stint because they’re definitely drafting a QB next year.

Reactions: SurfaceWarrior
I still heard he hangs out at one of the beach bars close about 10 minutes away and looked like he didnt want to stay in shape. Good for him on that one year, but there's no way he holds up like Elway, Brady, et al.
I've criticized Blake on the field but I think that 'beach bar' narrative that Jags fans always bring up is overblown. Jacksonville's nightlife options are limited so it's harder for a Pro Athlete to 'hide' when they go out like other markets.

I've criticized Blake on the field but I think that 'beach bar' narrative that Jags fans always bring up is overblown. Jacksonville's nightlife options are limited so it's harder for a Pro Athlete to 'hide' when they go out like other markets.

Funny a relative of mine brought it up because i thought he saw him there(which im sure he has), but i guess its even bigger than i thought. Thanks for mentioning there's an existing narrative.

https://deadspin.com/blake-bortles-says-hes-no-longer-a-beach-bar-bro-but-r-1823715590

I was told he would find him in flip flops at the Ritz in Jax Beach too.

Reactions: Jcollinsucf
Hope he goes to my New York Football Giants!! He will have a true #1 WR (Beckham) and #1 RB (Saquon).

Even if it’s just a short stint because they’re definitely drafting a QB next year.

Engram is also a beast at tight end. That may very well be a good fit for him as long as they pick up some good offensive linemen in the draft.

Last edited:
Herbert is returning to Oregon for his Senior Season so there is 1 less QB for NFL teams looking for a replacement

Can’t wait to hear what jags fans say next year when will Grier or Ryan Finley are getting bombed at QB.

Jacksonville backed themselves into a corner
Now they HAVE TO GET RID OF BLAKE.

If he gets hurt, they have to pay him a ton. Why start him? Dumbest franchise in all of the NFL

Reactions: ucfversusbcs

Bortles is financially set for life. Now he has to concentrate on finding a team that can protect him. Last season we saw that he can manage a game well given time in the pocket.

Jacksonville backed themselves into a corner
Now they HAVE TO GET RID OF BLAKE.

If he gets hurt, they have to pay him a ton. Why start him? Dumbest franchise in all of the NFL

They might have actually figured out that BB was not the problem......

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT