ADVERTISEMENT

Can we all agree on this story?

So I honestly don't think the media's intent was the "frame" or misrepresent the behavior of the students. I do think they have a narrative they push, and they saw a story that fit that mold, unfortunately for them they rush to push this story without all the details or full picture.

That's the biggest issue with news media today is there is very little interest in waiting for the full picture, and then when it does come out people often don't remember the corrections, just what they first read.

As for the OP, not a single person in this thread referred to the students as "saints," in fact almost everyone acknowledged they also acted some immaturity as well. The point is you made the same mistake as the media and refuse to acknowledge it. Every major news outlet has walked this back. At this point you're either incredibly stubborn, or just simply a troll with no interest in the truth.

Reactions: bullshiznitz
So I honestly don't think the media's intent was the "frame" or misrepresent the behavior of the students.

I agree.

As for the OP, not a single person in this thread referred to the students as "saints,"

What I've read is that the people here have 'changed their minds' about the incident. The fact there was another group with immature responses doesn't excuse the immature response of these kids. Mocking a Native American dance is not my idea of how young men of any race should behave.

I agree.

What I've read is that the people here have 'changed their minds' about the incident. The fact there was another group with immature responses doesn't excuse the immature response of these kids. Mocking a Native American dance is not my idea of how young men of any race should behave.
its clear you havent watched the full video and still not able to admit you were wrong.

I agree.

Look man, no one is disputing they shouldn't have done the tomahawk. There is little doubt, however, that they were not the primary aggressors in this scenario. Why can't you just admit you jumped the gun in your zeal to try to make a bunch of high school kids look bad because of the hats they were wearing?

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/a...rman-i-failed-covington-catholic-test/580897/

Reactions: UCFWayne
Have any of you watched the new viral video of these boys harassing a young woman the same day?

We wouldn’t want to exclude it from the rest of the story. :)

Have any of you watched the new viral video of these boys harassing a young woman the same day?

We wouldn’t want to exclude it from the rest of the story. :)
please feel free to share this video while you continue to avoid being a man and admitting when you were wrong because of your biased agaisnt some kids with maga hats.

Somebody who knows how to imbed tweets can do it for all of you. Check out Ryan Knight @proudResister

i dont recall anyone criticizing the black protesters. surely i would have thought @bqknight would have called them out for their use of the word ******. im sure its ok when you use it against people with red hats.

If it’s so automatic, you do it. I already said I don’t know how to post something from twitter here

This story and the video show two separate things. There is a group of black Jews taunting the kids, calling the white child molesters, the F and Q words for Gays and worse, the Kids keep their cool and answer by doing school chants like you would do at a pep rally. Now a few of the kids did do the tomahawk chop, but did not surround the Native Americans as reported.
The native American with the drum plus about 5 more marched up to the kid and got in his face banging on drum, and chanting. The kid put his arms down, stood his ground, and smiled at the idiot. The news people who pushed this story should be fired. and those who trashed this kid and plastered lies all over face book and twitter should be kicked off.
Get your facts correct please, they are not “black Jews”, they are Black Hebrews and are as anti-Semitic as they come.

If it’s so automatic, you do it. I already said I don’t know how to post something from twitter here
im not going to chase down some "smoking gun" tweet for you while you continue to avoid owning your mistake from earlier.

is it really that hard to admit you were wrong? clearly it is as you have a history of not doing so.

so what youre saying is a bunch of teenage boys were obnoxious? next you are going to tell me that we landed on the moon.

but seriously now, youve posted at least 7 times. generally we dismiss what young kids do because we realize everyone was young and dumb in the past. its clear you have chosen to ignore the full video. almost every single news org and a lot of celebrities are walking back their talk now. at this point what is your excuse for being this dumb?

so what youre saying is a bunch of teenage boys were obnoxious?

Apparently the overreaction to the boys as the REAL victims hasn't 'aged well' either, huh Wayne?

its clear you have chosen to ignore the full video.

You mean like you've ignored the videos I've posted today? I guess it's too difficult to 'man up' and admit when you're wrong, huh? :)

Here's a thought: Maybe, just maybe, there were a whole bunch of juvenile dickheads at the Washington Memorial that day.

Apparently the overreaction to the boys as the REAL victims hasn't 'aged well' either, huh Wayne?

You mean like you've ignored the videos I've posted today? I guess it's too difficult to 'man up' and admit when you're wrong, huh? :)

Here's a thought: Maybe, just maybe, there were a whole bunch of juvenile dickheads at the Washington Memorial that day.
ive watched the full video as well as the ones you just posted. they are stupid kids. they were being harrassed by another group. they did their school fight song. then awhile later the native american group came over. you can tell that the kids thought the native americans were coming over in support with them. they were dancing to the song. when it appeared that the natives werent on their side you can clearly see it in the kids faces that they were confused. then you can tell that they realized that they were being harrassed by the natives. then they did the most unspeakable thing possible which was to not say or do anything. omg that is terrible.

you are just a partisian hack that cant admit that the indians and the black israelites were the agressors to a bunch of kids. sure they were punk kids but kids not the less. they were supposed to be the adults in that situation.

what little shred of dignity/respect you had is gone. you are pathetic.

Reactions: Drew-C-F
If we are trying to determine the lesser of 2 evils here, i think everyone can agree that the boys were not as bad as the black hebrew guys. I'm honestly not sure what to make of the Indian group as a whole but considering the main guys background its obvious he was not acting in good faith. The confrontation was between the black hebrews and the indians and it was pretty appalling. The black hebrews drug the kids into it.

the native american group came over. you can tell that the kids thought the native americans were coming over in support with them.

Wow. THIS is seriously your characterization of the video I posted?!?!?!? The boys' reaction was all in good fun and no disrespect intended?

Here's some serious advice: When you're already in a deep hole, quit digging it any deeper.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
Wow. THIS is seriously your characterization of the video I posted?!?!?!? The boys' reaction was all in good fun and no disrespect intended?

Here's some serious advice: When you're already in a deep hole, quit digging it any deeper.
you really should take your own advice. even the other liberals in this thread realized what actually happened admitted that the initial response to the edited video was wrong.

but by all means, keep digging.

Maybe we should focus on intent. The black hebrews were intentionally being confrontational. The drummer was, based on his past, likely not acting in good faith and for political reasons was trying to drag the kids into it. The kids didn't get involved with the intent of causing a confrontation but did act disrepectfully.

Reactions: UCFBS and UCFWayne
Maybe we should focus on intent. The black hebrews were intentionally being confrontational. The drummer was, based on his past, likely not acting in good faith and for political reasons was trying to drag the kids into it. The kids didn't get involved with the intent of causing a confrontation but did act disrepectfully.
idk about you but i dont think i would respect someone banging a drum in my face either especially if i didnt do anything against them, but thats just me.

I'm glad we got this cleared up: It was the Blacks' fault.
No! It's that they were not even mentioned by the US media for a long, long time. That's the case entirely too much, and it never comes out in most cases.

Just like people didn't realize how badly African-Americans were treated in Birmingham ... until ABC caught it live ... over 50 years ago.

The students weren't always 'at their best.'
But the alleged 'adults' were far, far worse.

Most times the kids were the only ones one could say represented humanity.

ive watched the full video as well as the ones you just posted. they are stupid kids. ... sure they were punk kids but kids not the less.

In other words, boys will be boys. Hey, wasn't there a recent Gillette commercial about that?

the message is fine. the overall delivery falls short because of their over the top portrayal that all guys are bad.

Yeah, all those men chanting 'boys will be boys' was clearly over-the-top. Nobody would excuse bad behavior based on age and gender anymore, right Wayne? :)

idk about you but i dont think i would respect someone banging a drum in my face either especially if i didnt do anything against them, but thats just me.
I think Reason (Libertarian) nailed it here ...
I think we're at the point stereotyping and labeling people have become a fact of the US media, let alone social media. And it's not leaving many 'Progressives' on a good footing.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/21/tech/twitter-suspends-account-native-american-maga-teens/index.html

so twitter banned the account that got this whole viral video going. they think the account was from here in the us but they arent quite sure. for all we know this couldve been a foreign country trying to stir up the divide in this country. meanwhile shuckster is still falling for it. lol
They violated Twitter's policies on misrepresenting oneself. They are definitely not a schoolteacher in California. ARIN Regional IP subnet assignments for the login history suggest Columbia.

The only reason I finally starting using Twitter is because someone else, outside the US, registered my e-mail address and name on Twitter as me 3 years earlier. Apparently they were able to bypass the e-mail verification.

Good one, UCFBS!

Now study the two videos on this page and tell me you see boys who are 'supporting' the young lady who passed them in video one and the Native American drummer in video two.

Let's see if you're seeing what you want to see. :)
?

Are you confusing me with conservatives again?

President Trump has taken to Twitter to publicly defend Covington Catholic student Nick Sandmann and his classmates — saying they were “smeared” by the media — following their now-viral confrontation with Native American activists in Washington.

“Looking like Nick Sandman [sic] & Covington Catholic students were treated unfairly with early judgements proving out to be false,” Trump tweeted. “Not good, but making big comeback!”

The president went on to quote Fox News host Tucker Carlson, saying: “New footage shows that media was wrong about teen’s encounter with Native American.”

Trump’s comments come just one day after additional video emerged showing the Covington Catholic students being accosted and yelled at before their widely reported showdown with the Native American activists.

Another group of demonstrators — who called themselves members of the Black Hebrew Israelites group — can be heard taunting and shouting hateful things at the teens for no apparent reason other than the fact that they’re wearing “Make America Great Again” hats. #maga

Those Catholic kids from Covington, KY are normal well-behaved children. They were racially insulted and taunted by the adults of the
Black Hebrew Israelites and the Native American men of a race hustling group Native American "Harassed" By MAGA Kids Exposed As Outrage-Culture Grifter | Zero Hedge, including Mr. Phillips beating his drum in the face of a young Nick Sandmann, and they ignored their provocations. Mr. Phillips even went out of his way to be confrontational by crossing the road and wading into the midst of the children, while beating his drum and carrying on. These children exhibited better behavior than the adults, IMHO.

The anti White leftists have been going crazy over this incident and when it turned out that the Trump bros weren't actually at fault, the leftists couldn't handle it. Now they're desperate and making excuses. Our side wins again. The majority of Americans now see that Trump has been right all along about the lying mainstream media. Things like this will help him get reelected. Keep it up anti whites, leftists, and mainstream media. You're doing a great job!
biggrin.gif

Re-elected??!? Have you been paying attention to what’s been going on? What world are you MAGA hatters living in?

Your ‘make America great again’ President is likely to have his corrupt ass run out of town before the 2020 elections. But wait, let me guess, Donald’s messes are all about the fake news media. He and his people have done nothing wrong, right guys. :joy:

Re-elected??!? Have you been paying attention to what’s been going on? What world are you MAGA hatters living in?

Your ‘make America great again’ President is likely to have his corrupt ass run out of town before the 2020 elections. But wait, let me guess, Donald’s messes are all about the fake news media. He and his people have done nothing wrong, right guys. :joy:
No more than Podesta et al. ;)

No more than Podesta et al.

Sorry to confuse you with a red hat conservative yet again but last I checked, Podesta is about a relevant to any discussion of Trump as a discussion of Blockbuster Videos. Most recently, Podesta was the campaign manager for a has-been candidate who LOST a national election over TWO YEARS ago.

The good ole "go to" defense for the red hats is always, "b-b-but THEY did it too!!!" God forbid we expect good, clean law-abiding conduct from all of our leaders, both red and blue.

ADVERTISEMENT