ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching staff

Malzahn said he will be calling plays for the rest of his career, so pretty safe to assume no OC coming in?

Reactions: knight_tracker
??? Oher was adopted. You mean the real life brother? Not the adopted brother?

regardless great story cool movie.
Real life guy. Not actor that portrayed him. But yes he was adopted by the white family. Made a big deal about him going to Ole Miss. same school as the adopted family was boosters to.

I remember playing them and how good Tulsa was at the time but I didn't remember Kinne. Looked him up and he played college football at Tulsa and threw for 9,472 yards and 81 touchdowns as a three-year starter for the Golden Hurricane from 2009-2011. Kinne was named the 2010 Conference USA Offensive Player of the Year and the MVP of the inaugural 2012 NFLPA Collegiate Bowl.

I remember playing them and how good Tulsa was at the time but I didn't remember Kinne. Looked him up and he played college football at Tulsa and threw for 9,472 yards and 81 touchdowns as a three-year starter for the Golden Hurricane from 2009-2011. Kinne was named the 2010 Conference USA Offensive Player of the Year and the MVP of the inaugural 2012 NFLPA Collegiate Bowl.
He ended up being better than Godfrey. Not what we thought Godfrey’s Freshman year.

Not gonna lie, kind of underwhelmed at the latest coaching hires. Still think the staff as a whole is a huge upgrade especially in the HC/Leadership/Offensive play calling areas. Which I feel in turn creates a way better defense also no matter who was hired. One thing to hope for, Harris may shore up some nice S FL recruiting ties, what else I surely don’t know.

I mean pickings must be slim now, HeupeLLL the turd just hired old USF DC Jean-Baptist to LB coach. He was either a victim on a TERRIBLE USF team and staff or was also pretty terrible himself. He def can’t recruit, or was that b/c they have an outside weight room under a wedding tent? Ahhhh who knows anymore, USF is a dumpster fire.

Last edited:
Not gonna lie, kind of underwhelmed at the latest coaching hires. Still think the staff as a whole is a huge upgrade especially in the HC/Leadership/Offensive play calling areas. Which I feel in turn creates a way better defense also no matter who was hired. One thing to hope for, Harris may shore up some nice S FL recruiting ties, what else I surely don’t know.

I mean pickings must be slim now, HeupeLLL the turd just hired old USF DC Jean-Baptist to LB coach. He was either a victim on a TERRIBLE USF team and staff or was also pretty terrible himself. He def can’t recruit, or was that b/c they have an outside weight room under a wedding tent? Ahhhh who knows anymore, USF is a dumpster fire.
the offense is still my biggest question mark, watched a lot of Auburn offense tape the past few days and im not fully sure what we are getting or if we will even be running that scheme. Otherwise i'm content with the staff.

Coach
Salary
Pos
Travis Williams​
$ 600,000.00​
DC / ILB​
David Gibbs​
$ 450,000.00​
Co-DC / DB​
Chris Dawson​
$ 400,000.00​
Stren Cond​
Tim Harris Jr​
$ 325,000.00​
Co-OC / RB​
Herb Hand​
$ 300,000.00​
OL​
GJ Kinme​
$ 300,000.00​
Co-OC / QB​
Brian Blackmon​
$ 275,000.00​
ST/ TE​
--------------​
---------------------​
------------​
$ 3,300,000.00​
$ 2,650,000.00​
80%​
$ 650,000.00​
20%​

Last edited:
Interesting that we’ll have 2 “co-OCs” but Gus will still be the one calling plays

the offense is still my biggest question mark, watched a lot of Auburn offense tape the past few days and im not fully sure what we are getting or if we will even be running that scheme. Otherwise i'm content with the staff.
Which years did you watch? Last year should be thrown out, bad qb and GM wasn’t calling the plays. Year before that can prob be thrown out too, same bad qb who was a true freshman. Prob limited.

I’m with you though, I don’t know if we have the type players that GM usually recruited to SEC play for his system. I would think to look at more his Tulsa OC years where he had good qb and multiple rbs/skill positions. It will be interesting to see how Spring ball goes.

Interesting that we’ll have 2 “co-OCs” but Gus will still be the one calling plays
Coach
Salary
Pos
Travis Williams​
$ 600,000.00​
DC​
David Gibbs​
$ 450,000.00​
Co-DC / CB​
Chris Dawson​
$ 400,000.00​
Stren Cond​
Tim Harris Jr​
$ 325,000.00​
Co-OC / RB​
Herb Hand​
$ 300,000.00​
OL​
GJ Kinme​
$ 300,000.00​
Co-OC / QB​
Brian Blackmon​
$ 275,000.00​
SpTm / TE​
--------------​
---------------------​
------------​
$ 3,300,000.00​
$ 2,650,000.00​
80%​
$ 650,000.00​
20%​

I would guess it’s just a title that looks good on a resume. This late in the game, I’m sure you need to upgrade a title with the same or small pay bump to get quality coaches to leave their last job. Interestingly we have over $1mil tied up into both DC/Co-DC. $400k into the strength director is a lot too.

Reactions: FoxKnight
Based on how Gus has spoken in his interviews it won’t be the exact same . And with the Kinne hire it will probably look more like what he ran at Tulsa.

DG likes the Kinne hire

Reactions: FoxKnight and Yaes
I would guess it’s just a title that looks good on a resume. This late in the game, I’m sure you need to upgrade a title with the same or small pay bump to get quality coaches to leave their last job. Interestingly we have over $1mil tied up into both DC/Co-DC. $400k into the strength director is a lot too.

He's paid in the top 25 of strength and conditioning coaches. Which just shows how important to Gus it is.

Just to compare:
Florida's Nick Savage (hell of a name) $450,000
FSU's Josh Storms $310,000

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT