ADVERTISEMENT

Covid deaths pushing toward 5k per day.

Is Covid-19 worse than the flu?

• Total voters
If you truly think that only 1.4 million have been infected you are in fact a chud. You must also think the IFR is 6%.
Lol. Reeled one in.

Its just funny going back to 2 or 3 months ago and seeing how the predictions were flowing but here we are, still having no idea what the truth is but the one thing that hasn't changed is "stay at home and shut down the economy".

If you truly think that only 1.4 million have been infected you are in fact a chud. You must also think the IFR is 6%.

If the IFR is in fact closer to .3 or .35 % which is what we now think, that translates to 30 million infected...14 days ago.
Added for edit:

I honestly think you underestimated back then and probably now as well. I'm willing to bet that we are well over 80 million infected already. By July 1 we will be double that or more and essentially have attained herd immunity.

Lol. Reeled one in.

Its just funny going back to 2 or 3 months ago and seeing how the predictions were flowing but here we are, still having no idea what the truth is but the one thing that hasn't changed is "stay at home and shut down the economy".
On March 20 I said 17 million infected in 32 days. That’s April 21. Now let’s say on average those infected by that date die 14 days after. So May 5. On May 5 US had recorded 72,271 deaths. Given that I think IFR is actually around 0.4%, that means 72,271/.004 persons infected. That comes to 18 million. So I was a bit off. But for a prediction from a month before the occurrence and a month and a half before the deaths it wasn’t too bad. Just providing the data. Feel free to nitpick it.

The lock down's were always a dumb idea. The only lock downs needed were in nursing homes protecting the most vulnerable. Cuomo did the opposite forcing them to take Corona patients. Then you do your best to quarantine the sick. Those over 60 needed to do what they needed to do. Social distancing likely made some sense. The rest was over kill that did little to help with the progression of corona. Though it was great for destroying the economy.

Reactions: Crazyhole
The lock down's were always a dumb idea. The only lock downs needed were in nursing homes protecting the most vulnerable. Cuomo did the opposite forcing them to take Corona patients. Then you do your best to quarantine the sick. Those over 60 needed to do what they needed to do. Social distancing likely made some sense. The rest was over kill that did little to help with the progression of corona. Though it was great for destroying the economy.
If you knew that in February, why didn't you tell us Nostradamus?

Because everybody was too afraid to think clearly.
1ekbdv.jpg

I think it was the right call to make in the beginning. The one thing I would have done differently and said it right off the bat is that since we don't know what we are dealing with we should take things 2 weeks at a time. Shutdown, reassess, adjust, etc.

Why some people think the initial response is still the right one is kind of bizarre to me. Things on the ground change, not changing with it is nothing more than hubris.

I think it was the right call to make in the beginning. The one thing I would have done differently and said it right off the bat is that since we don't know what we are dealing with we should take things 2 weeks at a time. Shutdown, reassess, adjust, etc.

Why some people think the initial response is still the right one is kind of bizarre to me. Things on the ground change, not changing with it is nothing more than hubris.

I would agree with you if they had stopped travel. The whole thing would have lasted 3 weeks if all the borders and airports were shutdown.

I would agree with you if they had stopped travel. The whole thing would have lasted 3 weeks if all the borders and airports were shutdown.
Well there you are being the Monday morning qb, lol. I agree in that ideally we would have shut down travel, but it really isnt something that would have been practical. Short of monitoring all global traffic it isnt something that would have been possible. Maybe moving forward we need some kind of protocol that allows us to redirect traffic to a known quarantine "safe zone" if something like this happens again.

Not surprising that the death daily count isn't being updated by FC now that the numbers are coming down. Color me shocked. SHOCKED I TELL YOU!!!!!!!

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Not surprising that the death daily count isn't being updated by FC now that the numbers are coming down. Color me shocked. SHOCKED I TELL YOU!!!!!!!
*I don’t want to hear about numbers going down. Stop ruining all of our fun! We celebrate death only here in the WC you damn inbred, incel, MAGA-hat dumbshit!

*I don’t want to hear about numbers going down. Stop ruining all of our fun! We celebrate death only here in the WC you damn inbred, incel, MAGA-hat dumbshit!
I know you guys are trying desperately to paint the picture that our pandemic response "really wasn't too bad." But no amount of spin is going to sell that crock of shit to the American people.

I know you want to believe, in your heart of hearts, that some silent majority of Trumpsters are going to magically appear on election day and save his ass. But it ain't gonna happen.

I know you guys are trying desperately to paint the picture that our pandemic response "really wasn't too bad." But no amount of spin is going to sell that crock of shit to the American people.

I know you want to believe, in your heart of hearts, that some silent majority of Trumpsters are going to magically appear on election day and save his ass. But it ain't gonna happen.
You wouldn’t be posting this if you weren’t TERRIFIED THAT THIS EXACT THING IS GOING TO HAPPEN! It’s your worst TDS nightmare

Fact of the matter is most Americans know EXACTLY WHY your type are cheering death, trashing Hydroxychloroquine and discouraging opening up the economy. The cat is out of the bag.

To add insult to injury, your candidate is losing his mental capabilities more and more everyday and that’s why present polls are useless. Let’s see old dementia Joe perform for the world to see when it matters

But no amount of spin is going to sell that crock of shit to the American people.
Amazing that you never leaving your house and being isolated in Nebraska can even dare tell us all about what the American people think

You wouldn’t be posting this if you weren’t TERRIFIED THAT THIS EXACT THING IS GOING TO HAPPEN! It’s your worst TDS nightmare

Fact of the matter is most Americans know EXACTLY WHY your type are cheering death, trashing Hydroxychloroquine and discouraging opening up the economy. The cat is out of the bag.

To add insult to injury, your candidate is losing his mental capabilities more and more everyday and that’s why present polls are useless. Let’s see old dementia Joe perform for the world to see when it matters
Holy crap. That was on target

Even on a dumb internet board, this kind of crap is way over the line.

Cheering death? Are you f*king kidding me??!? What a really dumbass thing to say!

Trashing Hydroxychloroquine? You mean the drug Trump's own FDA cautions against using for COVID-19? (By the way, my bet is this is another Trump lie. Given the FDA's guidelines, Trump's doctor would be subject to all kinds of liability issues if he actually prescribed it.)

Discouraging opening up the economy? I'm on record here as supporting Trump's Federal reopening guidelines---too bad he doesn't.

Even on a dumb internet board, this kind of crap is way over the line.

Cheering death? Are you f*king kidding me??!? What a really dumbass thing to say!

Trashing Hydroxychloroquine? You mean the drug Trump's own FDA cautions against using for COVID-19? (By the way, my bet is this is another Trump lie. Given the FDA's guidelines, Trump's doctor would be subject to all kinds of liability issues if he actually prescribed it.)

Discouraging opening up the economy? I'm on record here as supporting Trump's Federal reopening guidelines---too bad he doesn't.
#winning

8834718-3x2-xlarge.jpg

I think Trump is doing a great job! The US has 4% of the world's population but only 30% of the world's deaths. He was able to keep it well under 50% and that should be applauded.
Over 95% of the people that were supposed to die from this are still alive.

I think Trump is doing a great job! The US has 4% of the world's population but only 30% of the world's deaths. He was able to keep it well under 50% and that should be applauded.
If your boy Biden was in charge, we wouldn’t even have a US. China would annex us

If your boy Biden was in charge, we wouldn’t even have a US. China would annex us
You mean that we'd finish even worst that #1 in deaths? 93,000 almost to zero and probably even lower than that.

#uconnbad

Trying to compare Mexico with the United States. We have works travelers on a massive scale. The world isn't traveling to Mexico and they don't test like we test.

Still waiting for our 460,000 people hospitalized in Florida like the fake news pushed.

300,000 people died worldwide, we had 90,000 of them. All news in the world must be fake. #fail

300,000 people died worldwide, we had 90,000 of them. All news in the world must be fake. #fail
You don't find that ridiculous to the point of being unbelievable? 10% of all worldwide deaths are from NYC alone. Really?

A chunk of the deaths are NY, NJ, etc. They all failed with how to handle nursing homes. Other countries aren't testing as much so we don't know if deaths are counted the same. If someone has covid they are automatically counted as a covid death here. That is leading to overstated numbers. China is very likely to have much higher numbers than what is posted.

We are going to have to deal with this. The flu has a vaccine and still kills like 60k a year.
Worst response of any world leader. SAD!

It’s not believable. The chances that Russia and India have only 3k deaths each and China has only 4K is 0.
I look at South Korea and Japan. They have metropolitan areas similar to NYC, have had the virus around longer, and I think their numbers are trustworthy. NYC outpaces their entire countries by more than a factor of 10. Not likely.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT