ADVERTISEMENT

Delicious Bull Tears Mega Thread

Yeah FAU is pretty popular in S Florida now too. Boca is Centrally located in between West Palm and Ft Lauderdale. Not far from Miami. Beaches close. Probably pretty easy to get into but not positive on that.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Yeah FAU is pretty popular in S Florida now too. Boca is Centrally located in between West Palm and Ft Lauderdale. Not far from Miami. Beaches close. Probably pretty easy to get into but not positive on that.
Yea....78% currently. Not quite 13th grade, pencil and a pulse admissions criteria, but close. Likely this number will go down soon....it's an up and coming University with a lot going for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
UCF is way ahead of them when it comes to a traditional college experience but I see some parallels. Urban amenities nearby but not in the middle of it all. that is part of the growing popularity

USF is actually more similar to FIU than it is UCF

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
USF fans quoting this McMurphy post

Maybe she wanted to go to a University that has a real Greek Row. #ThisPlace

giphy.gif

The irony of their AAU Academic smack talk: it is more difficult to get into UCF and FSU
I don't even know what a research focused academic group even has to do with their undergraduate admissions. It doesn't make the quality of their high school admits magically better. Those who have undergrad degrees don't suddenly become smarter. Their research was always ahead of UCF because of the medical school. It's why if any school in Alabama ever gets in the AAU it will be UAB.

For decades UCF has been more popular (way more high school applicants) and harder (lower acceptance rates) to get into than them.

Might need to go visit their realignment thread if Cal, Stanford, and SMU get into the ACC.

The most pathetic part is that any chance they have/had of getting into a better conference is dependent upon what other teams do. There on field performance is atrocious and would not get them into the MAC or Sunbelt at this point. The only thing going for them is their TV market and AAU status. But even those two things are becoming less and less of a factor in realignment.

They have absolutely no control over their own future and wasted their opportunity. They will most likely always be at the kid table going forward.

Most likely scenario is they end up in the ACC once all the good school bolt for the B10 and SEC. But even then it will be a conference of teams that no one wanted.

Reactions: Knight_Light
I'm hoping Stanford, Cal, and if they want SMU, get into the ACC. It will do little to make FSU etc. happy, maybe even the extra travel will make them break up the conference earlier. That ends any chance of the PAC surviving with usf. By the way, while a small number of ACC presidents met, the full meeting was cancelled. "Means nothing, nothing to see here..." Whatever, it's still fun to be on the inside watching all this. Must be causing ulcers for SMU, Sandy St. etc.

There are a lot of media heads saying SMU is stupid to give up 7 years of media money (some even calling them whores) but I think it is an inspired and brilliant strategy that takes advantage on their wealthy donor base to leap over every other G5 to the #1 spot…..SD State who?

Hopefully the days of promoting G5s to P5s will now be over……anyone worth being a P4 school IS a P4 school now.

And poor Temple Terrace CC can cancel their high school sized stadium

There are a lot of media heads saying SMU is stupid to give up 7 years of media money (some even calling them whores) but I think it is an inspired and brilliant strategy that takes advantage on their wealthy donor base to leap over every other G5 to the #1 spot…..SD State who?

Hopefully the days of promoting G5s to P5s will now be over……anyone worth being a P4 school IS a P4 school now.

I agree people are just hating because they have the money and are making moves.

A lot of people don't see the big picture as well. SMU really only has to make up about $49M over the 7 years because that is what they would have received staying in the AAC. Additionally and correct me if I am wrong, they are only giving up the media money so they will get still get their piece of the pie when it comes to NCAA Tourney, CFP and other distributions. That money should be much larger in the ACC vs AAC.

Outside of the money they get are part of a P5 conference (autobid), the competition will be exponentially better and in turn their gameday revenues should increase as well.

What SMU did was brilliant, and I think other teams are kicking themselves for not thinking of it.

Just saw The Turds of USWF are on the ESPN preseason Bottom 10 wait list. Perfectly positioned for conference realignment.🙄
Who wouldn't want to be the C-USA Commissioner? Is the entire conference on the list?

OOOOOOOOOW. We're playing number 2? That'll help if we have a better than expected, (sorry guys) Frost-kind of year.

But then, we're P5 so the rest of the schedule will be just fine. (screaming because I still can't believe it.)

A lot of people don't see the big picture as well. SMU really only has to make up about $49M over the 7 years because that is what they would have received staying in the AAC. Additionally and correct me if I am wrong, they are only giving up the media money so they will get still get their piece of the pie when it comes to NCAA Tourney, CFP and other distributions. That money should be much larger in the ACC vs AAC.

Outside of the money they get are part of a P5 conference (autobid), the competition will be exponentially better and in turn their gameday revenues should increase as well.

What SMU did was brilliant, and I think other teams are kicking themselves for not thinking of it.
They would still have AAC exits fees to pay.

Reactions: Knight Badger 80
Just saw The Turds of USWF are on the ESPN preseason Bottom 10 wait list. Perfectly positioned for conference realignment.🙄
I disagree....AAU status holds significantly more weight than athletic performance. They're a lock for the BIG when they expand next.

They are just so tone deaf about how bad they are on the field and have no fanbase. When the rebuild of the PAC was being discussed, they ALWAYS wrote about how they were one of the top 4 candidates from the AAC….so delusional.

Visiting the Crap Pen is nearly an equal mix of cringe and laughter. I highly recommend it.

Reactions: PositYourself
I noticed there's some kind of clock on the crap pen that's at 715 days. I figured it was counting since the last time they beat an FBS team, but apparently it's an OCS watch.

I like the ones that post how they can’t wait to leave the “shithole” conference and how they don’t want to be associated with such bad teams…news flash idiots, you are the worst team in the league in said shithole conference lmfao 🤣

Another one that made me laugh was someone talking about being able to play and beat Miami in the ACC every year…Miami sucks, but usf isn’t beating them anytime soon lol.

From "Outlaw"

"I have two cousins that went there and I have talked to them about SMU football they laughed and basically said outside of a few deep pocket boosters the students and locals don't really support SMU. They are second fiddle in the Dallas market to TCU. Now they got UNT in the same conference which is probably why they want to get the hell out. They don't want to prop up UNT like we propped up UCf. TEXAS and A&M are more popular overall obviously. Most of the Dallas Metro Area roots for other Texas teams. Their attendance numbers are worse than USF."

...the way we propped UCF up?!???

ROTFLMAO

From "Outlaw"

"I have two cousins that went there and I have talked to them about SMU football they laughed and basically said outside of a few deep pocket boosters the students and locals don't really support SMU. They are second fiddle in the Dallas market to TCU. Now they got UNT in the same conference which is probably why they want to get the hell out. They don't want to prop up UNT like we propped up UCf. TEXAS and A&M are more popular overall obviously. Most of the Dallas Metro Area roots for other Texas teams. Their attendance numbers are worse than USF."

ROTFLMAO

Common theme over there and I think they have all read it enough times that they actually believe it.

Seriously, if you have a few minutes to kill, head to the Bullcrap pen and I guarantee you will be entertained.

Reactions: Shark19
From "Outlaw"

ROTFLMAO
in their minds they are they reason we got into the Big East/AAC which propelled us to where we are now. they ignore the small detail that when we finally got into the Big East/AAC it was dying and there was no ability to block us at that point.

in their minds they are they reason we got into the Big East/AAC which propelled us to where we are now. they ignore the small detail that when we finally got into the Big East/AAC it was dying and there was no ability to block us at that point.
No, they take credit for everything we’ve done because they lowered their high standards to start playing us and give us a big brother role model. I’m pretty sure a few of them have our National Championship banner with usf taped over the top of our logo.

Another Instant Classic at the Crap Pen:

They keep talking about "when we were good", but of course they have NEVER been good at any level. No major bowls, No conference championships, not even a sniff at a conference championship game.....hint usif morons, we have been in 9 of those conference championship games in 18 years, winning 6.

Would love to buy one of those National Championship rings though....

Another Instant Classic at the Crap Pen:

Good god! It's been awhile since I have went to thier site. I will never bitch about Brandon's running of this site after that experience. That site is just half ads!?! It makes the site borderline unusable. I dont love the new video thing that pops up now here, but its about a quarter of the ads they have.

usf is the jealous guy who got rejected from the girl, and said guy then goes on to trash that girl and call her a whore, that she’s ugly and boring.

They have moved now to trashing SMU and trashing their stadium. Trashing stadiums and conferences, when they don’t have a stadium and are the worst team in their shitty conference. The irony is hilarious.

Looks like usf's hopes have been killed----

In short, Cal, Stanford and SMU are entering the ACC (hastening it's demise? travel costs?) and Oregon St and the leftover head to MWC. IOW, usf is set to become a member of the ACC in 5+ years after it dissolves and any team worth a mention has left and it becomes the newest G???? whatever.

Might need to go visit their realignment thread if Cal, Stanford, and SMU get into the ACC.

The most pathetic part is that any chance they have/had of getting into a better conference is dependent upon what other teams do. There on field performance is atrocious and would not get them into the MAC or Sunbelt at this point. The only thing going for them is their TV market and AAU status. But even those two things are becoming less and less of a factor in realignment.

They have absolutely no control over their own future and wasted their opportunity. They will most likely always be at the kid table going forward.

Most likely scenario is they end up in the ACC once all the good school bolt for the B10 and SEC. But even then it will be a conference of teams that no one wanted.
The window of opportunity is very small and is closing quickly. One more shuffle will happen when the fall out happens in the ACC. That may be their last chance and back filling for teams leaving may not get them P5 status. It may end up just a better conference with more money than they receive now.

The window of opportunity is very small and is closing quickly. One more shuffle will happen when the fall out happens in the ACC. That may be their last chance and back filling for teams leaving may not get them P5 status. It may end up just a better conference with more money than they receive now.
Their window has been shut forever. Their new rivals are FAU and FIU, who will probably pass them by soon. FAU now owns the AAC in basketball. USiF will be lucky to go to a bowl game in the next couple of years let alone a new conference sniff. Repeat after me...THEY HAVE NEVER WON a CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP (ACC or Big East), NEVER BEEN TO A NY6 GAME, NEVER BEATEN A FBS TEAM IN 3 YRS!!!! They have done an amazing job to suck during the most critical times during conference alignment execution. All I can say is KARMA IS A BIOTCH.

Who wouldn't want to be the C-USA Commissioner? Is the entire conference on the list?

OOOOOOOOOW. We're playing number 2? That'll help if we have a better than expected, (sorry guys) Frost-kind of year.

But then, we're P5 so the rest of the schedule will be just fine. (screaming because I still can't believe it.)
Coincidence CUSA commissioner name is Judy NOT the infamous Judy from USF.

What what happened? How could the ACC be expanding without da Bulls? SMU going 7 years without TV money, ouch. Still probably make more money in the ACC with no TV money than in the ACC with a full share. That has to hurt if you are a bull fan. That is what it is going to take to get them into a P5 conference. How the might have fallen. Thanks for blackballing us all those years. Imagine where we would be if we had gotten into the Big East sooner.

Actually, to get the vote flip this morning, SMU agreed to 9 years of no media money.

And usif couldn't do that because of the high school sized stadium boondoggle.

So now the AAC gets weaker once again, and will soon see the MWC gain the 2 leftovers.

Good news for usf and AAC is Army will help solidify the AAC. Wish nothing but the best for AAC and hope they get Army and lock down Army v Navy TV revenue and it’s only fiting that it is The American’s biggest football game of the year. Hope da bulls enjoy the fruits of their labor.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT