ADVERTISEMENT

Delicious Bull Tears Mega Thread

just be happy we got in the big 12 before gus ruined the program. they'd love to be us right now.
This right here . If Tmo was our AD in 2016 we are still in the American.

Despite Gus having us in a decline they will would take being in the Big12 no matter what they say. Bc changing Athletic Directors and a Head Coach while expensive is more in our control than conference affiliation. USF could be stuck for a long time , the ACC they want to join won’t exist if it blows up . 2-4 of those members would be Big12 bound

Reactions: Guinness_Knight
That’s not even close to true. If we win or just do well we are in. You have to win and hope the other 4 winners don’t pass the eye test. MWC usually will pass the eye test.

A watered down league that if we win, it gives us an easier path to the playoffs than you 😎
Tells UCF fans we are obsessed with usf.

Comes to a UCF board on Christmas night to screech about usfif having a better shot at the playoffs if they do something they’ve never done: win a conference title. You can’t make this shit up.

Nice try, retard.

They act like they’re the top dog in their conference when FAU is already spanking their tail 56-14 on the field, has a beautiful on campus stadium and has been ahead of them for years.

The delusions of grandeur continue to amuse. Their fans are truly laughable.

They act like they’re the top dog in their conference when FAU is already spanking their tail 56-14 on the field, has a beautiful on campus stadium and has been ahead of them for years.

FAU Basjetball is also 7 in nation. They are trending up in every sport.

usf thinking they got one over UCF, are in a better spot for the playoffs in a shit conference, with shit teams, and shit revenues. Literally:

giphy.gif

A watered down league that if we win, it gives us an easier path to the playoffs than you 😎
7-6 isn't going to get you to the 12-team CFI. If everyone keeps bailing from the AAC (SMU will next season) then yeah, maybe you can finally play for and win a conference. You had to go from The Big East --> AAC --> Watered-down AAC --> Even further watered-down AAC, so the conference has been demoted basically three times and you still haven't figured out how to even play for a conference title. Maybe if you just created your own conference, with only yourselves in it (or maybe pull in UMass, UConn, and Army), you could maybe play for and win a conference title. At some point, as your conference competition gets weaker and weaker you should be able to finally play for and get a trophy. This season you didn't play SMU or Tulane, the two best teams in the league. I mean you do have to crawl before you walk, so you started to beat the bottom-feeders of the conference.

The 7 teams you beat had records of: FAMU (FCS/HBCU), Rice (6-6 with Bowl Game yet to be played...haven't beaten a team with a winning record), Navy (5-7...didn't beat a team with a winning record), UConn (3-9...didn't beat a team with a winning record), Temple (3-9...didn't beat a team with a winning record), Charlotte (3-9...didn't beat a team with a winning record) and Syracuse (6-7...didn't beat a team with a winning record). So nobody you beat, or anybody those 7 teams beat had a winning record...congrats!

I predicted UCF to be 6-6 this season. Even with that we beat the Mountain West champ (who did only go 8-6...Boise State), and we beat a 9-4 Ok State that played for the Big-12 title. Other than that we beat chumps and other bottom-feeders like ourselves this season. With a new QB coming in (or playing with Timmy), and a defense still needing to get much, much better I'm not sure I see more than 6-6 for the Knights again next season. Next season we do get the benefit of not playing at the two hardest places since 2000 to get a road win (Boise St and Oklahoma...we went 1-1), we play 5 home conference games instead of 4 (and 7 total games at home instead of 6). we're also actually recruiting with the Big 12 patch on our jersey and this does matter because kids just have a pecking order for where they go and it definitely goes P5-->G5, even though I've never understood why for certain situations. In 2023 the players we got are better...on paper...so my prediction is that we should see us getting much better in 2025 as our roster turnover finally happens. Of course, the portal exists so who knows what havoc that could play with your roster, good or bad. If not appreciably better in 2025, UCF needs to seriously consider moving on from Gus.

that is partly FAU’s fault for not making a bowl game and having Golesh out recruit Herman. It has many forgetting about the ass whipping FAU gave them on what I think was their Homecoming game.

Reactions: 90Knight
These usf screwups are already compromising on their stadium promises. They’ve already delayed their opening by a full year. As usual for their delusional school and fans …they over promise and underdeliver.

I can’t wait to see how much different their stadium will look from the promised renderings and how much more it will cost due to inflation.

Liberty got the bid this year. Not AAC. AAC best team leaving. Perception is getting worse.
Liberty got it b/c Tulane lost. But a 1 loss Tulane would have been chosen over an undefeated Liberty team. Look, I rather be in a P5, but in terms of glass half full. We have a much easier path to the 12-team playoff. With Tulane losing a coach and their starting QB, SMU departing for the ACC, the toughest teams on our schedule are Alabama, Univ of Miami, and Memphis. And Miami is starting a new QB, so it will take time for him to gel with the team.

Liberty got it b/c Tulane lost. But a 1 loss Tulane would have been chosen over an undefeated Liberty team. Look, I rather be in a P5, but in terms of glass half full. We have a much easier path to the 12-team playoff. With Tulane losing a coach and their starting QB, SMU departing for the ACC, the toughest teams on our schedule are Alabama, Univ of Miami, and Memphis. And Miami is starting a new QB, so it will take time for him to gel with the team.

Actually you don't mathematically.....all the G5 conferences are still fighting for just one spot, as it will be IMPOSSIBLE for a G5 to get one of the at-large spots. We had 3 and 4 loss P5 teams ahead of us in '17 and '18....now it will be even worse as the P4 conferences will be so big.

The B12 will probably get 2 spots a year, so all we have to do is finish better than 14 other teams. A G5 team must beat what, 50+ schools for ONE bid? And now that the AAC no longer has the UCF/Cinn advantage, now the Sunbelt and MWC has the advantage, the the occasional MAC or CUSA team slipping in to take a spot (both of which HAS landed the NYC6 spot in the last decade).

So a weakened AAC is bad news for usif, not good news. But don't get ahead of yourselves, win the weak AAC a couple of times.

Actually you don't mathematically.....all the G5 conferences are still fighting for just one spot, as it will be IMPOSSIBLE for a G5 to get one of the at-large spots. We had 3 and 4 loss P5 teams ahead of us in '17 and '18....now it will be even worse as the P4 conferences will be so big.

The B12 will probably get 2 spots a year, so all we have to do is finish better than 14 other teams. A G5 team must beat what, 50+ schools for ONE bid? And now that the AAC no longer has the UCF/Cinn advantage, now the Sunbelt and MWC has the advantage, the the occasional MAC or CUSA team slipping in to take a spot (both of which HAS landed the NYC6 spot in the last decade).

So a weakened AAC is bad news for usif, not good news. But don't get ahead of yourselves, win the weak AAC a couple of times.
There is actually a scenario where two G6 teams can make the playoffs. A 12-1 AAC champion will make the playoffs. USF has strong OOC opponents, so we just have to handle our business. I'm not even trash-talking right now. It's just facts. We have an easier path. Did you not forget that G6 Cincinnati made the playoffs during the 4 team playoff format?

There is actually a scenario where two G6 teams can make the playoffs. A 12-1 AAC champion will make the playoffs. USF has strong OOC opponents, so we just have to handle our business. I'm not even trash-talking right now. It's just facts. We have an easier path. Did you not forget that G6 Cincinnati made the playoffs during the 4 team playoff format?
If you come out of that OOC with only one loss and then manage to win at Tulane and against Memphis (maybe at FAU) then fair ****s. Still not necessarily an easier path. A 2 loss UCF should be in over a 1 loss USF unless it is the G5 autobid.

You will find there won't be a 2nd G5 spot. THAT will be the fact of the 12 team invitational makeup every year. 3-4 SEC, 3-4 B10, 2 ACC, 2 B12, 1 P2 (I guess since they want to keep the league alive and have the money to do so now), and 1 G5.

Even looking on the low end of 3 SEC and 3 B10 teams, that all adds up to 12.....but realistically, the TV powers won't allow for the minimums from both P2 leagues. Now who is a 2nd G5 team going to unseat? NOBODY

And a 12-1 AAC team going forward won't be what a 12-1 AAC team was 3-4 years ago. The Sun Belt is a MUCH better league now than they used to be and the MWC hasn't lost anybody.

If you come out of that OOC with only one loss and then manage to win at Tulane and against Memphis (maybe at FAU) then fair ****s. Still not necessarily an easier path. A 2 loss UCF should be in over a 1 loss USF unless it is the G5 autobid.
No, a 3 loss P4 team (no matter who it is) will get in over a 1 loss G5 team (no matter who it is).

The only way IMO there could be 2 G5s get in are 2 undefeated teams with road wins against two solid P4 teams (Vanderbilt or Illinois type team wouldn't count) and one victory each over another eventual G5 conference champ.

But the odds of that happening are super low.

The math hasn't changed for G5 teams realistically at all

Last edited:

"Hi! I'm your average USF fan with a below average grip on mathematics. 55 some-odd teams vying for ONE CFB spot is much better than having to compete for #1/2 in one conference (Big12)!"

LOL

Let’s see how long the G5 even has a spot at the playoff table. I’m sure it won’t be long before they’re shut out for good.

Let’s see how long the G5 even has a spot at the playoff table. I’m sure it won’t be long before they’re shut out for good.
I think the single best G5 will have a spot every year. Then if the P2 break away, then all hell breaks loose

"…they over promise and underdeliver."

So far the only thing I've seen overly promised by duh*bulls haymakers is that they will have water fountains. I bet the stadium never gets built and they are genshafted on it...meaning, only the lawyers and the ones holding the contract get paid. Playing in the NFL stadium isn't a bad place to play. Just they ain't making no money off it.

It is fun being on the other side of this 'rivalry'. Whatever, they say and do, trolls or usf admin/athletes/coaches just makes me LOL.

Na, na na na...Na, na na na...Hey Hey Hey....Goodbye...

"…they over promise and underdeliver."

So far the only thing I've seen overly promised by duh*bulls haymakers is that they will have water fountains. I bet the stadium never gets built and they are genshafted on it...meaning, only the lawyers and the ones holding the contract get paid. Playing in the NFL stadium isn't a bad place to play. Just they ain't making no money off it.

It is fun being on the other side of this 'rivalry'. Whatever, they say and do, trolls or usf admin/athletes/coaches just makes me LOL.

Na, na na na...Na, na na na...Hey Hey Hey....Goodbye...
They can't afford a 350M stadium. They would be better served using the money to seriously upgrade the players.

Reactions: Martigo123
"Hi! I'm your average USF fan with a below average grip on mathematics. 55 some-odd teams vying for ONE CFB spot is much better than having to compete for #1/2 in one conference (Big12)!"

LOL
Good point. Problem with their delusional fans is that they think going undefeated for two seasons or even one season is easy. They think they can easily do it just because we did and that they'll be a lock for the playoffs. They actually think they're already superior to all other g5 schools. They look at us and actually think they're looking in the mirror.

In their out of touch with reality minds they think they're our equal and have had as much success on the football field. Their trophy case sits empty while ours is full of trophies from big games and years of winning...

while they have nothing but years of losing. They show winning g5 programs no respect and have the audacity to think they're actually better than all other g5 programs, All of this hubris while getting spanked by FAU and other g5s.

Good point. Problem with their delusional fans is that they think going undefeated for two seasons or even one season is easy. They think they can easily do it just because we did and that they'll be a lock for the playoffs. They actually think they're already superior to all other g5 schools. They look at us and actually think they're looking in the mirror.

In their out of touch with reality minds they think they're our equal and have had as much success on the football field. Their trophy case sits empty while ours is full of trophies from big games and years of winning...

while they have nothing but years of losing. They show winning g5 programs no respect and have the audacity to think they're actually better than all other g5 programs, All of this hubris while getting spanked by FAU and other g5s.
Truer words are seldom spoken.....I could not stand being part of a delusional fanbase like that.....they live in some crazyland where they are the best team in the land.

Reactions: 90Knight
A big problem for the AAC is the Mountain West's agreement with the PAC-2, that gives them 2 'legitimate' teams on schedule every year, no doubt giving them a boost over the re-baked C-USA. Of course the PAC will probably get desperate and bring in usf, Tulane and whatever, making them the best G6 conference.

Just curious, is this thread still relevant after USF curb-stomped Syracuse in their Bowl game?

I realize it's unpopular here but USF would be a boon for the Big XII --- and yes, the UCF Knights. CFB fans love rivalry games.

The "War on I-4" could become a new ,nationwide Turkey Day CFB tradition that would benefit both teams and the league.

You can almost lock in that they’ll stick in 3-4 SEC and 3-4 Big 10 teams each year. The top G5 is another one. Thats 7-9 slots. Then Big 12 and ACC champs are in. That’s 9-11 slots. 1-3 more at large (probably from Big 12 and ACC) then exist. They’ll still shut out the G5. This is “their” way.

Just curious, is this thread still relevant after USF curb-stomped Syracuse in their Bowl game?

I realize it's unpopular here but USF would be a boon for the Big XII --- and yes, the UCF Knights. CFB fans love rivalry games.

The "War on I-4" could become a new ,nationwide Turkey Day CFB tradition that would benefit both teams and the league.
It could. I'm of the opinion that we wait and see what happens to FSU and the ACC before any decisions are made to add new members to any conference. If the ACC falls apart, I'd rather get teams from there before we add any teams the AAC. As much as I'd love to keep playing USF and Memphis, it might be more fun to play Virginia Tech, Miami, and NC State every year. With the new bullet train to Miami, it might be a neat way to get down there for a game. Especially if you can take over multiple cars with UCF fans.

Nope, getting away from them was a breath of fresh air. I would rather laugh at their delusions from afar than having to be exposed to it directly. You HAVE heard the latest from their slimy small fanbase haven't you? That they WON the state of Florida because they are the only Florida team that won a bowl game? Equal parts cringe and hilarity....from a team that gave up over 110 points IN 2 GAMES.

Yes, this thread still has value....we need to see what we want to avoid being.

And there are ZERO G5 teams that are qualified for P4 spots.....that era is over.....SMU made a genius move catching the last train (because they didn't deserve it either). If anything, the P4 will see some contraction.

Nope . At least when UCF got carried away w delusions we were winning multiple conference championships and were undefeated.

They deserve nothing for being reactive.

Nope, getting away from them was a breath of fresh air. I would rather laugh at their delusions from afar than having to be exposed to it directly. You HAVE heard the latest from their slimy small fanbase haven't you? That they WON the state of Florida because they are the only Florida team that won a bowl game? Equal parts cringe and hilarity....from a team that gave up over 110 points IN 2 GAMES.

Yes, this thread still has value....we need to see what we want to avoid being.

And there are ZERO G5 teams that are qualified for P4 spots.....that era is over.....SMU made a genius move catching the last train (because they didn't deserve it either). If anything, the P4 will see some contraction.
If the ACC falls apart, I don't see Boston College or Syracuse finding homes in the Big10 or Big12. I'm just happy that the UCF Sleeping Giant woke up in time to find a home. The teams I believe will jump into the ACC will be from the Sun Belt, AAC, and CUSA. I can see USF, Memphis, Marshall, Liberty, and a couple of others making the move to the ACC but the competition will not be anything near what it was prior to 7-8 teams jumping ship.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT