ADVERTISEMENT

DOW back over 25,000

I did. A certain poster here attacked me passively aggressively twice for saying that I wasn’t making any major changes to my portfolio when the market was swinging 4-6% every day. I made some adjustments but mostly stayed in my positions, now I’m actually up from pre China Flu numbers.
You have more money, we all do, but you're not up.

Reactions: chemmie
Looks like Mondays open is going to be close to 28,000
Im going to be ****ing rich if thats the case but we'll see.

As soon as I saw the money supply growth I bought in the money calls for the end of July. It was up 100% from a few percent gain in one day. 330 is not our fully recovered number anymore. 380 is when we'll be back to full price. Maybe by September?

Im going to be ****ing rich if thats the case but we'll see.

As soon as I saw the money supply growth I bought in the money calls for the end of July. It was up 100% from a few percent gain in one day. 330 is not our fully recovered number anymore. 380 is when we'll be back to full price. Maybe by September?
Edit: NM, wrong number

No, he’s not. And he already pulled an apology form his ass for suggesting that the BLS can somehow be “got to” once they all told him to eat shit
We are 2 days in and the reviews, both internal and external are saying that the official numbers are probably off by 3%. He called it quirky and said it may be because of the pandemic. I'd say he was not off-base with those remarks.

The other thing is that the numbers don't have an accurate accounting of how PPP has affected current employment in reality.

Really?

Because Obama wasn't in charge last time a Republican President caused an economic collapse and a Democrat President had to clean it up?
Was the slowest economic recovery in presidential history. Routine double digit unemployment and shovel ready jobs that never came to be. Cute try stupid

Reactions: Ucfmikes
I did. A certain poster here attacked me passively aggressively twice for saying that I wasn’t making any major changes to my portfolio when the market was swinging 4-6% every day. I made some adjustments but mostly stayed in my positions, now I’m actually up from pre China Flu numbers.
I too stayed the course. My delta stock is up biggly

I pulled about 10% out a week ago. Put it in a safe place, being I am turning 65 next month. Wanted enough $$ on hand to use for 3 or 4 years if I needed to start taking withdraws. Hopefully I won't use any of it until I hit 70.

Was the slowest economic recovery in presidential history. Routine double digit unemployment and shovel ready jobs that never came to be. Cute try stupid
You mean the longest economic expansion in history. That's how we measure.

Powell's comments were crazy today. 0% through 2021. Full power of Fed going to be used. Called for stimulus from Congress. Will continue QE at current levels (had previously been tapering off.)

This market is going to be supported no matter what happens. DOW to 35000 by fall and S&P to 4000 by end of year

Powell's comments were crazy today. 0% through 2021. Full power of Fed going to be used. Called for stimulus from Congress. Will continue QE at current levels (had previously been tapering off.)

This market is going to be supported no matter what happens. DOW to 35000 by fall and S&P to 4000 by end of year

Sorry, you already called DOW 15,000 by Fall.

The Fed doesn't have the clout to get the DOW to 35k anymore. Any move they make has a contradictory effect. We are in full-on panic, repositioning mode right now. 2 weeks tops before we have a major correction.

If the FED goes this route, China will bury us. They'll drop the dollar as an index in their currency peg and money will scatter out of the US. 15k by the end of the year is generous in the DOW if they don't stabilize. War is our only way out now.

Yeah. We hit 18000 and then the fed started printing money. We're Zimbabwe now and we should all feel good about our million dollar bills.

When you called DOW 15,000 there was a 0% chance the Fed wasn't going to do this. They had already slashed rates by then.

The Fed doesn't have the clout to get the DOW to 35k anymore. Any move they make has a contradictory effect. We are in full-on panic, repositioning mode right now. 2 weeks tops before we have a major correction.

If the FED goes this route, China will bury us. They'll drop the dollar as an index in their currency peg and money will scatter out of the US. 15k by the end of the year is generous in the DOW if they don't stabilize. War is our only way out now.
Possible but Powell said today that the printer keeps working until we are at full employment. Think of the implications of this statement. You better own some asset and not cash because its going to be at least 12 months until employment recovers.

When you called DOW 15,000 there was a 0% chance the Fed wasn't going to do this. They had already slashed rates by then.
Slashed rates Hahaha. You boob, you think I would give a shit if all they were doing was slashing rates? They are pouring money out of giant helicopters and are committed to doing so until we are at full employment. The rates are almost meaningless.

I think you can break this down to a very specific singular example.

Southwest airlines. This company has 0 risk. I mean that litterally. They will not be allowed to face any downside from lost business they will have access to unlimited capital until they can recover.

Yet even with no risk the shares are not full price. Why is that? Because people are thinking like they used to think, that sales and profit matter. They don't. All that matters is solvency until the crisis is over and we know that wont be an issue because the fed has taken risk off the table.

Slashed rates Hahaha. You boob, you think I would give a shit if all they were doing was slashing rates? They are pouring money out of giant helicopters and are committed to doing so until we are at full employment. The rates are almost meaningless.
You don't think they actually care about employment anymore, do you?

Debatable. But unless they have abandoned one of their main functions, then yes, they do care about unemployment.
Cute. Their main function is to control inflation. Does anybody think that anything they've done in the last 14 years follows that mandate?

They don't care about employment. They care about the balance sheets of investment banks and nothing else.

Cute. Their main function is to control inflation. Does anybody think that anything they've done in the last 14 years follows that mandate?

They don't care about employment. They care about the balance sheets of investment banks and nothing else.
I disagree. If they wanted to make the economy boom they could do it at any time. Powell raised rates a few times as employment dropped and he caught trumps twitter finger wrath each time he did it because trump is the one who is concerned about the market. It doesn't really matter what the reasoning is though, all that matters is we are going to be adding another 5 years of money supply growth and the chairperson of the FED is asking congress to send everyone another round of free money. We may well maintain the current market price, thats because we haven't actually recovered, we've just inflated. When we actually recover after inflation this mother ****er is going to 4000. If you are in cash when it happens your portfolio just lost 50% of its value. You wont have gained much but you will need every cent you gained because retirement just got a lot more expensive.

I disagree. If they wanted to make the economy boom they could do it at any time. Powell raised rates a few times as employment dropped and he caught trumps twitter finger wrath each time he did it because trump is the one who is concerned about the market. It doesn't really matter what the reasoning is though, all that matters is we are going to be adding another 5 years of money supply growth and the chairperson of the FED is asking congress to send everyone another round of free money. We may well maintain the current market price, thats because we haven't actually recovered, we've just inflated. When we actually recover after inflation this mother ****er is going to 4000. If you are in cash when it happens your portfolio just lost 50% of its value. You wont have gained much but you will need every cent you gained because retirement just got a lot more expensive.
So you're predicting no recession? Kinda hard to believe.

We already are in recession. But the market is going to go up in price and stay level in value.
Go back and read what you posted. If the fed has the ability to make the economy boom at any time, why not do it all of the time? Sure, they can prop up the stock market but thats about the extent of it anymore. They broke all of the levers they had when it comes to employment and quite honestly inflation is out of their control now. The only function they have left is to keep the investment banks from crashing but its coming at the expense of the US citizens debt load.

They've leveraged everything that you and I own, and allowed it to be used as a derivative on a global scale without our consent just to maintain the status quo.

Go back and read what you posted. If the fed has the ability to make the economy boom at any time, why not do it all of the time? Sure, they can prop up the stock market but thats about the extent of it anymore. They broke all of the levers they had when it comes to employment and quite honestly inflation is out of their control now. The only function they have left is to keep the investment banks from crashing but its coming at the expense of the US citizens debt load.

They've leveraged everything that you and I own, and allowed it to be used as a derivative on a global scale without our consent just to maintain the status quo.
The fed is charged with maintaining a target inflation rate and keeping unemployment low. Not making the stock market boom.

Yep. Thats what they are supposed to be doing. So why all of the QE?
Because velocity has been declining for 20 years and they havent been able to hit their inflation target. Printing money counters the decline of velocity in getting us near that target number

Because velocity has been declining for 20 years and they havent been able to hit their inflation target. Printing money counters the decline of velocity in getting us near that target number

When major corporations and banks are sitting on boatloads of cash, even during a huge economic downturn, and given more cash to sit on... The fed can't hit their inflation target if the money isn't actually making it into the sector. But, inflation will eventually catch up. Nobody knows when, though.

Capitalism, as a whole, is dependent on the trickle-down theory. When that theory is a failure, you get an economy like India. The rich are extremely rich, and the vast majority of the population are very poor. Get ready. This is our future.

Reactions: Crazyhole
You're getting so close to understanding it.

1. Why is MV low, and
2. Who stands to lose the most in a depression?

You're getting so close to understanding it.

1. Why is MV low, and
2. Who stands to lose the most in a depression?
Who has the most to lose? It depends on what you consider a bigger loss.

A) one person loses a billion dollars and can only afford a 300ft yacht instead of the 500ft yacht theyy had planned.

B) one person loses a $20,000 job and cannot afford to get their medicine anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT