ADVERTISEMENT

ECU Game Thread

The delusion of our fan base never ceases to amaze me. We lose a Heisman caliber QB along with rb and wr and people complain about points. You're dumb and know nothing about football. We will be fighting for wins the rest of the year. As we should given what we have left on the field. Take away any teams top 3 weapons and see what happens. Lot morons on here.
100% agree. I thought Gus called a good game tonight. I’m impressed with Keene. He has good decision-making. He could be “trying” to make plays (which probably ends up bad) but so far has been pretty good at not forcing things and turning the ball over. Hopefully he stays that way. I’m not saying he is big-time or this or that. He is our starter and that’s not changing so get used to his current play level because that is what he is for this season.

Always calls to question but late in the game he takes the 3, knowing we just have to make a stop on defense to get the ball back, and potentially drive down for the tie or win. It showed trust in the team and they came through. That’s good for the team. Those players know he trusted them in that situation. It’s something to build on.

We’re going to get smoked by Cincy. That’s a given. Every remaining home game is a toss-up slanted for us. Every away game is in favor of the away team. That’s just the way it is at this point.

The delusion of our fan base never ceases to amaze me. We lose a Heisman caliber QB along with rb and wr and people complain about points. You're dumb and know nothing about football. We will be fighting for wins the rest of the year. As we should given what we have left on the field. Take away any teams top 3 weapons and see what happens. Lot morons on here.
Actually Penn State Iowa game is a perfect example of the importance of an experienced starting QB. Penn State was up 17 to 3 and lost their starting QB of 3 years. Final score Iowa 23 Penn State 20.

A win is a win, this season we will have to get used to what we are. A solid team with a litany of injuries. The team does show it has fight and they fought to the end in all of the past three games. Gus needs time to rebuild the roster, which he will. Next week was going to be tough before all the injuries. I figured based on last season and the bowl game it was going to be one of those years.

Reactions: knight_tracker
I completely missed the game due to other shit, but reading through this I get a sense the game was difficult to watch, but we got the win. Last minute TD. Hey, A win is a win. I was stoked to ask siri late night afterwards what was the score of the game and she said UCF defeated East Carolina. Go Knights!
lol

100% agree. I thought Gus called a good game tonight. I’m impressed with Keene. He has good decision-making. He could be “trying” to make plays (which probably ends up bad) but so far has been pretty good at not forcing things and turning the ball over. Hopefully he stays that way. I’m not saying he is big-time or this or that. He is our starter and that’s not changing so get used to his current play level because that is what he is for this season.

Always calls to question but late in the game he takes the 3, knowing we just have to make a stop on defense to get the ball back, and potentially drive down for the tie or win. It showed trust in the team and they came through. That’s good for the team. Those players know he trusted them in that situation. It’s something to build on.

We’re going to get smoked by Cincy. That’s a given. Every remaining home game is a toss-up slanted for us. Every away game is in favor of the away team. That’s just the way it is at this point.
Gus also trusted ST

Reactions: 2015UCFMBA
Im a wellington grad and we never have good football teams. That said, for mar to be a 4 star from wellington, he had to be legit and he showed it tonight. Until bowser comes back, MAR is rb1
I’m a Welly World grad too. We’ve had good teams. They were good when they had the QB from Bethune and MAR and his older brother that was a 5 Star receiver. Nate Stinson went to Georgia Tech and then played a little for Redskins. Jessie Hester Jr was a good 3 star whose Dad played in NFL. I’m sure there’s a few others.

I’m really happy for Big Kat, he got his first sack as a Knight. Maybe this will be the catalyst that gets him going on another level the rest of the season.

people place too much emphasis on sacks, the players especially because that's how you get paid. but hurries and hitting the QB even if he gets it away is more important. a lot of bad things can happen to a QB under pressure.

Reactions: knight_tracker
Sacks are the culmination of pressure though. Pressures are good sure, but without a sack they still allow an opportunity for the offense. QB on the ground is a sure thing.

Reactions: NestaKnight1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT