ADVERTISEMENT

Empire Star Arrested for being a d!ck...

Sticking to his story

"Now this could only happen to a guy like me
And only happen in a town like this
So may I say to each of you most gratefully
As I throw each one of you a kiss
Chicago, my kinda town"

correct me if im wrong but was it the chicago ag that dropped the charges? could the state or fed get involved?
There’d have to be a federal law violated and I don’t think there would be one here.

The Chicago PD is livid about this and maintain that their evidence and case against him is "rock solid".

Even Rahm has come out, pissed off about these charges being dropped.

What political shit took place behind the scenes here? What sort of slimy stuff did this idiot and his lawyer pull to get these charges dropped? Chicago remains a total cesspool of corruption.

Reactions: YourWifesBoyfriend
Good point. They did refuse to prosecute HRC for her obvious crimes despite mounds of evidence.
Indeed, and now the Trumps' have a 'get out of jail free' card if they send classified information over personal e-mail too.

The Chicago PD is livid about this and maintain that their evidence and case against him is "rock solid".

Even Rahm has come out, pissed off about these charges being dropped.

What political shit took place behind the scenes here? What sort of slimy stuff did this idiot and his lawyer pull to get these charges dropped? Chicago remains a total cesspool of corruption.
Let's separate 2 things ...

1) Why - The prosecution decided to drop the charges based on an agreement and his community service, not that he wasn't guilty. If anything, I'd argue no prosecutor wanted to take this case for fear of being smeared.

2) Response - Too many people are saying the charges were dropped because there was no case, and the CPD faked the evidence. This is hardly the case, and the prosecutors office said the exact opposite.

So, it's #2 that is now pissing off people about #1. The privileged Progressives are literally just exposing themselves here.

I cannot believe people are not only still defending him, but accusing the CPD of inventing the case. They literally did not read the prosecutors reason for dropping the charges.

QUOTE: _'“Jussie and many others were hurt by these unfair and unwarranted actions,” the attorneys said. “This entire situation is a reminder that there should never be an attempt to prove a case in the court of public opinion. That is wrong. It is a reminder that a victim, in this case Jussie, deserves dignity and respect. Dismissal of charges against the victim in this case was the only just result.'_

Ummm... Jussie went on TV shows, and the US, media went wild. So what did you expect when everyone found out it was staged? The CPD didn't instigate any of that.

Furthermore...

QUOTE: _'We didn’t exonerate him,” Magats said, adding that the office seeks to prioritize violent crime and that Smollett does not pose a threat to the community. “We stand behind the investigation, we stand behind the decision to charge him and we stand behind the charges in the case. The mere fact that it was disposed of in an alternative manner does not mean that there were any problems or infirmities in the case or the evidence.”'_

So, here's the playbook...

1 ) Be a celebrity
2 ) Stage a hate crime
3 ) Go on a national TV tour about it, get national support as a victim
4 ) When it's discovered, profess innocence, you're still the victim, no matter how damming the evidence
5 ) Tell the world the CPD and mayor are out to get you, keep the victim angle up
6 ) Complaim you're being tried in the court of public (ignoring instigating all the backlash from support in #3)
7 ) Cop a plea, your bond as your fine
8 ) See charges dropped
9 ) Re-claim #3, state it now proves #5 and #4 was true all along, and #6 is how you were wronged twice (still ignoring #3), hate crime and then media hate crime
10 ) Let your fellow celebrities repeat the same

Got it, another celebrity that claims hate crimes that didn't happen. Sigh... now even I want him prosecuted!

Geez, and to think I was wanting him released under 'time served' and a minor fine. Yet another, f'ing unaccountable, privileged punk that represents none of us.

QUOTE: _'“Jussie and many others were hurt by these unfair and unwarranted actions,” the attorneys said. “This entire situation is a reminder that there should never be an attempt to prove a case in the court of public opinion. That is wrong. It is a reminder that a victim, in this case Jussie, deserves dignity and respect. Dismissal of charges against the victim in this case was the only just result.'_

Ummm... Jussie went on TV shows, and the US, media went wild. So what did you expect when everyone found out it was staged? The CPD didn't instigate any of that.

Furthermore...

QUOTE: _'We didn’t exonerate him,” Magats said, adding that the office seeks to prioritize violent crime and that Smollett does not pose a threat to the community. “We stand behind the investigation, we stand behind the decision to charge him and we stand behind the charges in the case. The mere fact that it was disposed of in an alternative manner does not mean that there were any problems or infirmities in the case or the evidence.”'_

So, here's the playbook...

1 ) Be a celebrity
2 ) Stage a hate crime
3 ) Go on a national TV tour about it, get national support as a victim
4 ) When it's discovered, profess innocence, you're still the victim, no matter how damming the evidence
5 ) Tell the world the CPD and mayor are out to get you, keep the victim angle up
6 ) Complaim you're being tried in the court of public (ignoring instigating all the backlash from support in #3)
7 ) Cop a plea, your bond as your fine
8 ) See charges dropped
9 ) Re-claim #3, state it now proves #5 and #4 was true all along, and #6 is how you were wronged twice (still ignoring #3), hate crime and then media hate crime
10 ) Let your fellow celebrities repeat the same

Got it, another celebrity that claims hate crimes that didn't happen. Sigh... now even I want him prosecuted!

Geez, and to think I was wanting him released under 'time served' and a minor fine. Yet another, f'ing unaccountable, privileged punk that represents none of us.
It's simple. State/District Attorneys are elected officials and must pander to their electorate. The vast majority of Chicago would not want him charged and sees him as a victim whether from an attack or from an unfair system that caused him to go to such extremes to fake an attack like this. Dropping the charges is not surprising at all.

The issue is really that the Smollett faction isn't quitting while they are ahead and their actions are causing even further damage to future victims of real hate crimes.

Nothing more than a corrupt state attorney in Cook county who has a history of disputes with the police department.

I love how when a liberal (smollet or Clinton) gets acquitted these slack jawed hicks like gal, sk8 and wayne immediately assume it's a conspiracy.

When their guy gets let off (Trump, kushner ) it's justice served, of course.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
I love how when a liberal (smollet or Clinton) gets acquitted these slack jawed hicks like gal, sk8 and wayne immediately assume it's a conspiracy.

Lol....how about a 5 year old knows Jussie and Hillary are guilty. They investigated Trump for over two years and spent $25 million.

Typical liberal privilege

If anything it was Trump that was acquitted and Clinton and Smollet that were "let off".

Reactions: UCFWayne
What sort of slimy stuff did this idiot and his lawyer pull to get these charges dropped?
At least with the idiot living in the WH we know exactly what his Attorney General did to color public opinion for his client.

But let’s rage about some two-bit actor instead. :rolleyes:

At least with the idiot living in the WH we know exactly what his Attorney General did to color public opinion for his client.

please tell me what nbc, abc, cbs, cnn, msnbc, and numerous blogs did to color the public opinion against trump for 2 years?

but continue to rage about the ag instead.

i get it, you are incredibly shook right now. here is a tip, get off the phone/computer for a bit and live your life. its really not that bad right now. in fact, i would say america is on track to be great again. ;-)

Obama about to get investigated for his role in the russia hoax. This smollet thing is merely a distraction for the moment to take our eyes off russia. Some money exchanged hands, thats how chicago politics are played.

The part I was ok with them dropping all the felonies was he was publicly embarrassed. That accounts for something to me. When I see him talk I just think about that stupid Trump hoax and how dumb he comes off with that story. Maga country Chicago...lol! First American to scam Nigerians!

CPD released the files for the entire investigation. They are pissed. Apparently Michelle Obama’s former chief-of-staff called Foxx to express the family’s concern about the direction of the investigation and then they office dropped the charges. The FOP is asking for a federal investigation into Foxx’s Actions. This could get very interesting.

CPD released the files for the entire investigation. They are pissed. Apparently Michelle Obama’s former chief-of-staff called Foxx to express the family’s concern about the direction of the investigation and then they office dropped the charges. The FOP is asking for a federal investigation into Foxx’s Actions. This could get very interesting.
Potential corruption in Chicago? Just shocking.

Reactions: UCFWayne

Let’s just reiterate that this guy is choosing to ignore reality, is so shook about no collusion being found, that he’s now building his own conspiracy theory about Barr and Rosenstein that grows more expansive and more definitive by the day

Let’s just reiterate that this guy is choosing to ignore reality, is so shook about no collusion being found, that he’s now building his own conspiracy theory about Barr and Rosenstein that grows more expansive and more definitive by the day
You don't find it intriguing? It's like watching someone catch the crazy in slow motion.

ADVERTISEMENT