ADVERTISEMENT

Empire Star Arrested for being a d!ck...

National Review might have a tiny tiny tiny interest in sowing seeds of discourse in this case maybe? Even their article says he got medical attention where your post says he went home for 45 min.
The article says he went home shortly after the attack. If he had gone to the hospital first I dont think he would have gotten home for at least a couple of hours

The article says he went home shortly after the attack. If he had gone to the hospital first I dont think he would have gotten home for at least a couple of hours
The NR spin piece quotes a vanity fair, that you can click on and read, where he says he went for medical attention "immediately"

To me NR is trying to muddy the waters with their phrasing and selective usage of quotes. They are trying to make everything sound suspicious without straight up calling the dude a liar.

Kind of like how your posts read.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
has he let the cops have his phone yet? i mean if you want to catch the bad guys that would probably help...

Just say it.
Say what? That details of this dont seem to make sense? I'll go there. If you are wanting me to pass judgment of sime sort I'm not going to do it because all of the facts aren't out there yet and the investigation isnt over. Some people like to rush to judgment based on confirmation bias but I'm not one of them. Its called being objective and allowing the justice system run its course.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Say what? That details of this dont seem to make sense? I'll go there. If you are wanting me to pass judgment of sime sort I'm not going to do it because all of the facts aren't out there yet and the investigation isnt over. Some people like to rush to judgment based on confirmation bias but I'm not one of them. Its called being objective and allowing the justice system run its course.
this.

After the Tawana Brawley ordeal and the Duke Lacrosse team I think its only reasonable to consider the idea that this didnt happen or that the details are questionable.

I'll say it. The story doesn't make any sense and I think the "victim" is full of it.
I wont go that far, but I will say that rarely has it happened where something like this fits so neatly into a political box. Anti-gay, anti-black, Trump sycophants........ ??????

On top of it, the guy had received death threats. Who goes out alone at 1 am to get a sandwich if they are that concerned about their safety?

Maybe its totally 100% true. Maybe its totally 100% false. Likely it falls somewhere in the middle. Most likely the perpetrators were someone that he knew and this was personally motivated as opposed to total unabashed bigotry.

I wont go that far, but I will say that rarely has it happened where something like this fits so neatly into a political box. Anti-gay, anti-black, Trump sycophants........ ??????

On top of it, the guy had received death threats. Who goes out alone at 1 am to get a sandwich if they are that concerned about their safety?

Maybe its totally 100% true. Maybe its totally 100% false. Likely it falls somewhere in the middle. Most likely the perpetrators were someone that he knew and this was personally motivated as opposed to total unabashed bigotry.

So at 1am someone was waiting with bleach and whatever else to find this gay person and to yell "maga country" which makes zero sense in Chicago. Trump isn't even anti gay which makes even less sense.

So at 1am someone was waiting with bleach and whatever else to find this gay person and to yell "maga country" which makes zero sense in Chicago. Trump isn't even anti gay which makes even less sense.

Clearly, if the story is true then it had to be premeditated and coordinated. Thats totally possible. It just seems unlikely that there would be at least 2 assailants who were privy to this guys whereabouts and just happened to assault him in one of the few places that there were no security cameras, and that the victims initial response wouldn't be to call police or at least take the rope off of his neck, plus make sure he saved his sandwich. Not to mention motive. Also, why attack him for such a short period of time if it really was a hate crime? 2 guys could have done a much bigger number on him and he would still be hospitalized.

Are there any pictures out there of his wounds besides the small cut under his right eye?

As an FYI - the guy was sent a letter saying "You will die blck f@g." At least that's what is being reported.

As an FYI - the guy was sent a letter saying "You will die blck f@g." At least that's what is being reported.
So if that was the intent, why didnt he sustain more injury? 2 guys could have easily put him into a coma at the very least. They want him dead but don't even break any bones?

I'll just for argument say that letter was real. Two people lierally stalk one guy via letter. Then crazy enough to find an area without cameras so they can attack him but not too bad. Then yell Maga country in Chicago because you know gays can't be republican (sarcasm*).

I'll be the first to say lock people up for violence, but man this story tough to believe in it's present reported form. If these guys were that cunning to come up with this plan, no Dna, and stalk via letter to actual violence they need to be stopped immediately.

When was the last time a GOPer guilty of pouring chemicals on someone in an attack? They typically use ar15s.
I don't think @NinjaKnight realizes you were being tongue-in-cheek.

im beginning to think it was a targetted attack.
That was my hunch from day one.

I still believe the victim. Let's not get ahead of things here people. He deserves to be heard.

But right now, if I'm his lawyer, I'd tell him to STFU. He's saying way, way too much publicly. It could undermine the prosecution.

I'll just for argument say that letter was real. Two people lierally stalk one guy via letter. Then crazy enough to find an area without cameras so they can attack him but not too bad. Then yell Maga country in Chicago because you know gays can't be republican (sarcasm*).

I'll be the first to say lock people up for violence, but man this story tough to believe in it's present reported form. If these guys were that cunning to come up with this plan, no Dna, and stalk via letter to actual violence they need to be stopped immediately.
Agreed.

But why would someone with that level of aptitude send a threatening letter ahead of time, and then not follow through given the opportunity? Its chicago, just shoot the guy and be done with it if thats what you want.

Reactions: UCFBS
Agreed.

But why would someone with that level of aptitude send a threatening letter ahead of time, and then not follow through given the opportunity? Its chicago, just shoot the guy and be done with it if thats what you want.
Guys do it to models as well, use a chemical on their face and/or body. Sometimes to make someone suffer in public, after, is the bigger issue, than killing.

I have a feeling it was either someone that knew him (not a hate crime), or someone that really had it out for him because of who he is and what he represents (hate crime). But I think it was definitely premeditated.

The entire attack lasted less than 60 seconds, and that includes the time it took to get a rope around his neck. By the victims own account, he fought back. How is it possible that he fought back, ran, whatever, and in less than 60 seconds he was subdued to the point they could get a rope around his neck? Just the time it took the guys to confront him would be at the very least 10 seconds. Then to overwhelm him to the point where he couldnt fight off someone putting a rope around his neck within 40 or 50 seconds?

Agreed.

Maybe like Dr. Evil from Austin Powers? You have to put them in a position they can possibly escape and not straight murder them.

Seriously everytime I read that story it sounds more and more bogus. The letter was written so no Dna or finger prints could be found. Guys randomly find him and bring rope and bleach, but don't hurt him badly. No broken bones. No cameras in the area.

Usually people that attack gays wouldn't be the most cunning. Now you need two of them.

Seriously everytime I read that story it sounds more and more bogus. The letter was written so no Dna or finger prints could be found. Guys randomly find him and bring rope and bleach, but don't hurt him badly. No broken bones. No cameras in the area.

Usually people that attack gays wouldn't be the most cunning. Now you need two of them.
No DNA is weird. You would think that if he fought back there would be something there. Fingerprints? Meh. Its a rope. Hard to get prints off of a texture like that.

Also why, as he claims, if he was on the phone at the time is he not willing to prove it through phone records?

Then to overwhelm him to the point where he couldnt fight off someone putting a rope around his neck within 40 or 50 seconds?

60 secs is an eternity for shit like this. Motherfukers get their ass stomped out and robbed in the streets in much less time.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
No DNA is weird. You would think that if he fought back there would be something there. Fingerprints? Meh. Its a rope. Hard to get prints off of a texture like that.

Also why, as he claims, if he was on the phone at the time is he not willing to prove it through phone records?

Thinking about no finger prints on the letter and no Dna on the attack. Random hate crime has gone to a TV level plot instead of just killing him with a gun. Maybe more of a publicly stunt?

60 secs is an eternity for shit like this. Motherfukers get their ass stomped out and robbed in the streets in much less time.

Robbed, yes. This isn't a robbery though. The issue i have with it is that there is video of him before and video of him after, and the gap is less than 60 seconds. If it was just a robbery then it would have been less personalized and he would have actually been robbed. He was attacked based on who he is personally.

If this was a mugging then there wouldn't be any questions regarding the details.

Stomped out and robbed I said. Just stating a lot can happen in 45 - 60 secs in a confrontation.

This is not commentary on what I think actually happened here, just that I think it's ample time. Set a timer and play the scenario out in your head.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT