ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN Insider Has UCF Going To B12 By 2016

I like this rumor better than the others since the dead cert. has changed from Cincy to UCF! Hope it's true and hope the Big 12 gets shut out of the playoffs again.

I never understood cincy being a lock. The Upside at UCF is through the roof compared to Cincy's.

I never understood cincy being a lock. The Upside at UCF is through the roof compared to Cincy's.

I can understand why the Big 12 might take Cincy, but I agree; calling them a "lock" to be invited seems like a longshot. For that matter, I think calling any school a "lock" is a shot in the dark at this point.

I think it's a matter of when and not if.
Hopefully we have a nice season and fill BHNS.

I think a big takeaway from the article is that stadium attendance is a big part of the equation (tv market the biggest part of course).

I've read this story across a couple different sources. Interesting take is that condition of facilities are also being considered. No doubt, a lot of the projects ongoing at UCF, as well future endeavors are making us look better than other B12 candidates. All we as fans can do is try to sell our home games, even against less desirable opponents.

Cincy makes sense because they have a long rivalry with West Virginia. Plus decent football and basketball programs.

Not to be a Debby downer, but don't expect bails full of money to come in next go around. ESPN is going through serious budget cuts.....
http://www.businessinsider.com/cost-cutting-is-coming-to-espn-2015-7

So long as it goes down proportionally for the other P5 conferences, we will be fine. That is if we get in, which is most important right now.

On another note, ESPN needs to stop sucking if it wants to continue being profitable. They are like the US news. Locked in on one subject, like the confederate flag, while there are so many other things happening. Remember Linsanity? They should take a tip from British news. I watch BBC if I feel like actually see what's happening in our own country.

Not to be a Debby downer, but don't expect bails full of money to come in next go around. ESPN is going through serious budget cuts.....
http://www.businessinsider.com/cost-cutting-is-coming-to-espn-2015-7

The current B12 contract with both FOX and ESPN goes through the 2024-2025 school year. Meanwhile, ESPN could make between $100 and $200 million per year on a B12 network and stop LOSING money on the Longhorn Network if Texas can be convinced that they will make the same amount of money with a B12 network.

The current B12 contract with both FOX and ESPN goes through the 2024-2025 school year. Meanwhile, ESPN could make between $100 and $200 million per year on a B12 network and stop LOSING money on the Longhorn Network if Texas can be convinced that they will make the same amount of money with a B12 network.

Texas isn't going to give up their own network. Texas isn't losing anything...and that is espn on the hook for losses. That isn't going to change. It was dumb to have a national network for a college. Nobody outside of Texas fans or maybe big 12 fans will care about that network.

Texas isn't going to give up their own network. Texas isn't losing anything...and that is espn on the hook for losses. That isn't going to change. It was dumb to have a national network for a college. Nobody outside of Texas fans or maybe big 12 fans will care about that network.

That's a strong OPINION...and you might be right. But there are a lot of factors that COULD go into Texas giving up the LHN. Two big ones are...

If Texas can be convinced that they will receive as much money from a B12 network as their current deal with the LHN. There are already reports that Texas' most recent year of income from the LHN was only around $8 - $9 million, rather than the $15 million widely quoted.

Whether Texas wants to keep the B12 from falling apart and stay the "Big Dog" in the B12 rather than become "just another member" of any other conference. (I believe Oklahoma President Boren is serious about either getting a B12 network or possibly leaving the conference for a higher paying and more stable conference. If Oklahoma leaves, and is able to help a couple other B12 schools find a new P5 conference, the B12 likely ceases to exist and therefore they would not be limited by the Grant of Rights anymore.)

Reactions: American Male
That's a strong OPINION...and you might be right. But there are a lot of factors that COULD go into Texas giving up the LHN. Two big ones are...

If Texas can be convinced that they will receive as much money from a B12 network as their current deal with the LHN. There are already reports that Texas' most recent year of income from the LHN was only around $8 - $9 million, rather than the $15 million widely quoted.

Whether Texas wants to keep the B12 from falling apart and stay the "Big Dog" in the B12 rather than become "just another member" of any other conference. (I believe Oklahoma President Boren is serious about either getting a B12 network or possibly leaving the conference for a higher paying and more stable conference. If Oklahoma leaves, and is able to help a couple other B12 schools find a new P5 conference, the B12 likely ceases to exist and therefore they would not be limited by the Grant of Rights anymore.)

There is zero incentive for them giving up the LHN. They get that revenue plus are part of the Big 12 money share. They also getting a recruiting advantage saying they have their own national network. They aren't going to give it up for the sake of helping the Big 12. Texas will just bolt if there were demands and every conference would accept them. They nearly bolted last time and it took a ton of concessions to keep them onboard.

There is zero incentive for them giving up the LHN. They get that revenue plus are part of the Big 12 money share. They also getting a recruiting advantage saying they have their own national network. They aren't going to give it up for the sake of helping the Big 12. Texas will just bolt if there were demands and every conference would accept them. They nearly bolted last time and it took a ton of concessions to keep them onboard.
So do you think any of the other conferences will make concessions for them if they did leave? You're saying they wouldn't give it t up. I doubt another conference wants to deal with the LHN either.

Reactions: American Male
So do you think any of the other conferences will make concessions for them if they did leave? You're saying they wouldn't give it t up. I doubt another conference wants to deal with the LHN either.

If they move over to the SEC, they would likely make the $40 million per year which would be a net gain. Other conferences would probably allow the LHN until completion of the contract and just allow tape delayed broadcasts. Hard to say, but I doubt Texas would have any trouble finding a home even with LHN.

If they move over to the SEC, they would likely make the $40 million per year which would be a net gain. Other conferences would probably allow the LHN until completion of the contract and just allow tape delayed broadcasts. Hard to say, but I doubt Texas would have any trouble finding a home even with LHN.

The LHN was a stumbling block during Texas' previous flirtations with the PAC. Plus,if Texas is the only school to leave, their Tier 1&2 rights stay with the B12. The ACC is the only conference that MIGHT POSSIBLY agree to let Texas keep the LHN.

Welp, if all the preseason mags are right, TCU will play Oh state for national title. and B12 will hold off on expansion.

What ever happened to this? lol

Did this guy ever post his "big news"?

If you are talking about the so called big news that a Houston fan was going to release via twitter...that was the so called "big news." The fact that Houston was supposedly being considered equally with Cincinnati and higher than other candidates such as Memphis,

We can only hope...UCF absolutely CANNOT lose out on this next round of realignment. The fans and the leadership need to step up big in the next 2-3 years to make this happen.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...by-holds-firm-expansion-conference-title-game

4 to 5 schools on the fence. When their tune changes
the expansion march begins.

Oklahoma, WVU, and Kansas State all have had high-ranking people speak in favor of expansion. I find it hard to believe that the majority of the remaining seven schools won't ever join those three. The Big 12 is the only P5 conference without a championship game. I don't see any reason the other P5s would agree to let the Big 12 have a championship game with only ten members. The Big 12 HAS to expand, or it is guaranteed to fall further behind, in my opinion. It may fall further behind no matter what, but the Big 12 should at least expand and broaden the number of TV markets, try to grow the Big 12 following, and give a boost to Big 12 recruiting. In the long run, UCF can help the Big 12, and the Big 12 can help UCF.

A College athletic conference called the "Big 12" has 10 teams. A conference called the "Big 10" has 12 teams. And people wonder why Americans are getting worse at math.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT