Votes: 18 40.9%
  • Andrew Gillum

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • Danny White

Votes: 8 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It wasnt

Gillum was the subject of a federal undercover criminal investigation that presented Gillum with a common bribery opportunity and not only was he all-in but he couldn’t wait to take advantage of it. Sure, the amount is small but it always starts small. Everyone in government service or government contracting gets training on this. The case studies they present always start out small, show tickets or a birthday present for your kid. Then it escalates.

Everyone in here who has said that Trump should step down or be impeached for being in Putin’s pocket should be calling for Gillum to withdraw.
we know that wont happen.

Reactions: UCFBS
I am looking forward to Gillum's huge tax on big business, to pay for teachers raises and health care, and then watching the big businesses run for states without such taxes. We don't need any big business here.
What big businesses would those be?

It wasnt

Gillum was the subject of a federal undercover criminal investigation that presented Gillum with a common bribery opportunity and not only was he all-in but he couldn’t wait to take advantage of it. Sure, the amount is small but it always starts small. Everyone in government service or government contracting gets training on this. The case studies they present always start out small, show tickets or a birthday present for your kid. Then it escalates.

Everyone in here who has said that Trump should step down or be impeached for being in Putin’s pocket should be calling for Gillum to withdraw.

Gillum is not the subject of the investigation. Besides that, Rick Scott was elected twice (and maybe a third time) and corruption was not a problem.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
I don't think any of the companies he mentioned would move, no.

None of those businesses he mentioned would leave.

Companies have been fleeing high tax states and moving to Texas and here in droves. That absolutely would reverse if suddenly we had a state income tax and-or a state corporate tax. Not only would companies stop relocating here but others would surely pack up for Atlanta or Dallas.

Meddling with an income tax here is so stupid and dangerous

I don't think any of the companies he mentioned would move, no.

None of those businesses he mentioned would leave.
would publix abandon your local corner store? no. would they consider moving their headquarters from lakeland to atlanta? maybe.

if you think that these companies wouldnt consider moving their headquarters to avoid a massive bump in taxes i think you are naive. my company is listed. they would probably move within a year.

QUOTE="NinjaKnight, post: 1415622, member: 950"]I have never once voted for a single Democrat, but after reading the blatant lies posted by 85 and the general stupidity of many of the conservatives on here, I will have to vote for at least one this election.[/QUOTE

i decided to show hidden content on this thread and i was blessed with this gem. LOL
[roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll]

Companies have been fleeing high tax states and moving to Texas and here in droves. That absolutely would reverse if suddenly we had a state income tax and-or a state corporate tax. Not only would companies stop relocating here but others would surely pack up for Atlanta or Dallas.

Meddling with an income tax here is so stupid and dangerous

I’d love to see some statistics of companies moving to Florida over other states. I know they ain’t moving to Orlando but maybe they’re moving elsewhere. I’d just like to have actual numbers to your statement.

And no, Publix wouldn’t move their HQ from Lakeland. If there’s one company on that list that wouldn’t move, Publix would be it.

QUOTE="NinjaKnight, post: 1415622, member: 950"]I have never once voted for a single Democrat, but after reading the blatant lies posted by 85 and the general stupidity of many of the conservatives on here, I will have to vote for at least one this election.[/QUOTE

i decided to show hidden content on this thread and i was blessed with this gem. LOL
[roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll]

[roll]

Reactions: UCFWayne
I know they ain’t moving to Orlando but maybe they’re moving elsewhere. I’d just like to have actual numbers to your statement. And no, Publix wouldn’t move their HQ from Lakeland. If there’s one company on that list that wouldn’t move, Publix would be it.
Yeah hows the 6.5% tax Orlando helping them versus the 8.9% in Atlanta

I’d love to see some statistics of companies moving to Florida over other states. I know they ain’t moving to Orlando but maybe they’re moving elsewhere. I’d just like to have actual numbers to your statement.

And no, Publix wouldn’t move their HQ from Lakeland. If there’s one company on that list that wouldn’t move, Publix would be it.

I didn’t claim Publix was moving?

I don’t have the numbers. Can look later. All I know is that many medium sized companies have moved to St Pete since I’m friends with one of the better commercial real estate agents in the area. She said that they’re selling space as quickly as it comes available and probably 25% are companies relocating (or choosing to open in FL)

y own company made the choice to expand our St Pete footprint and move a lot of employees down from up north.

Mosaic just moved their HQ to Tampa after years in Minnesota. That was 200 jobs added right there.

I didn’t claim Publix was moving?

I don’t have the numbers. Can look later. All I know is that many medium sized companies have moved to St Pete since I’m friends with one of the better commercial real estate agents in the area. She said that they’re selling space as quickly as it comes available and probably 25% are companies relocating (or choosing to open in FL)

y own company made the choice to expand our St Pete footprint and move a lot of employees down from up north.

Mosaic just moved their HQ to Tampa after years in Minnesota. That was 200 jobs added right there.

The Publix comment was made towards Wayne.

I could see Publix doing a 2nd smaller HQ somewhere in the Tennessee area as they continue spreading north. I’m in TN now and am seeing brand new Publix stores opening

you do realize that post are in chronological order right? try and use ctrl + f and find when "publix" was first listed in this thread. here, ill help you....

My point was that there are not many and the ones that we have are tied to our region. Do you think that Publix, Darden, Bloomin' Brands are moving to Alabama?

Gillum is not the subject of the investigation. Besides that, Rick Scott was elected twice (and maybe a third time) and corruption was not a problem.
Gillum wasn't the subject of the initial investigation but he definitely was the subject of the investigation when the FBI spent months attempting to arrange an out-of-state meeting with him; a meeting which he expressed no reservations towards and a bribe that he took rather willingly. The evidence has been turned over to the ethics committee.

Oh wait, Gillum said he wasn't a target. He would never lie, would he?

you do realize that post are in chronological order right? try and use ctrl + f and find when "publix" was first listed in this thread. here, ill help you....

You're the one who thought they may move, not firm.

would publix abandon your local corner store? no. would they consider moving their headquarters from lakeland to atlanta? maybe.

if you think that these companies wouldnt consider moving their headquarters to avoid a massive bump in taxes i think you are naive. my company is listed. they would probably move within a year.
Publix wouldn’t leave Lakeland. It’s too geographically convenient.

My point was that there are not many and the ones that we have are tied to our region. Do you think that Publix, Darden, Bloomin' Brands are moving to Alabama?
Ignorance is bliss. Aetna is moving from Hartford,CT to Boston after 150 years, why, because the governor of Connecticut is an idiot raising taxes on everything. GE is also moving from Connecticut to Boston.

Last edited:
Ignorance is bliss. Aetna is moving from Hartford,CT to Boston after 150 years, why, because the governor of Connecticut is an idiot raising taxes on everything. GE is also moving from Connecticut to Boston.
Before you call someone ignorant, you should do some research. They WERE moving to Boston. Then, it became NYC. Finally, they decided not to move at all.

Pathetic. Gillum went straight to the “mentioning my corruption issues is racist” as a way to throw around racism as a way to get people to stop talking about his bribes taken from undercover FBI agents.

Gillum didn’t respond with judo as much as jiu-jitsu by essentially counterstriking DeSantis and accusing him and Republicans in general of racism: “All along … they’ve wanted the people of this state to believe somehow I haven’t deserved what I’ve gotten, I’m unethical, participated in illegal and illicit activity. I mean, you name it. The goal is obviously to use my candidacy as a way to reinforce, frankly, stereotypes about black men.”

Reactions: UCFWayne
That is only because CVS bought them between the announcement and the move. CVS can play accounting games to minimize taxes. Just do a little research on Connecticut and their economy, that is what Guillem would bring to Florida.

if massive taxes are put on them by a new governor, then i bet they would consider a move out of state. there comes a breaking point when taxes out weigh convenience. a headquarters office can be anywhere.

remind me again where the aac conference headquarters are located?

I still think polling will prove wrong yet again. Just don’t know in what direction.

Polls I’ve seen have Scott and Nelson either tied or with Scott slightly ahead. I am having a hard time believing that people turning out for Scott to Senate are then going to check a Bernie backed candidate for Governor. There is some space between these polls that isn’t being accounted for.

I guess there may be voters who are willing to vote Gillum but are also ready to send Nelson packing after decades in DC. I also think more people approve of Scott’s tenure as governor than lefties admit to.

if massive taxes are put on them by a new governor, then i bet they would consider a move out of state. there comes a breaking point when taxes out weigh convenience. a headquarters office can be anywhere.

remind me again where the aac conference headquarters are located?

Inexplicably in Rhode Frigging Island right? Aresco is good at geography

I still think polling will prove wrong yet again. Just don’t know in what direction.

Polls I’ve seen have Scott and Nelson either tied or with Scott slightly ahead. I am having a hard time believing that people turning out for Scott to Senate are then going to check a Bernie backed candidate for Governor. There is some space between these polls that isn’t being accounted for.

I guess there may be voters who are willing to vote Gillum but are also ready to send Nelson packing after decades in DC. I also think more people approve of Scott’s tenure as governor than lefties admit to.

The Scott/Nelson race appears to be much closer than the Gillum/DeSantis race.

I would have loved for the Dems to put a new candidate up for senate. I'm definitely a fan of term limits.

It has nothing to do with being geographically convenient. It has everything to do with the Jenkins family. As long as they control the board, Publix isn’t leaving Lakeland. As long Charlie, Carol and Howard are on the board, not happening. They are getting older and the next generation will not have the ties to Lakeland that their elders had.

New polls coming out yesterday and today show Gillum continuing to gain support. Will these new revelations change anything? I've seen a few outlets latch on to the stories but nothing too crazy as of yet.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/governor/florida/
if those numbers end up being accurate with the final result there is definitely a 'Trump protest' vote thing going on at the State level. Only Florida could have a flip like that in 2 years, don't think it's possible in Texas for example

if those numbers end up being accurate with the final result there is definitely a 'Trump protest' vote thing going on at the State level. Only Florida could have a flip like that in 2 years, don't think it's possible in Texas for example

I mean, Florida was only +1 to Trump in the election. Texas is historically MUCH more red. Even though I don't think Beto will win, he's had more of a chance than any Dem in a long time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT