ADVERTISEMENT

Football Signing Day/Recruiting Countdown - Post all info here!

So is it the same as the GOL policy? You are committed to us or you are going on visits.

Is that the reason for the decommit?
Frost allowed Killins to go on visits last year.

I will say that the last class was put together in less time but seemed to have better character. Killins, Hamilton, and Milton all seem like good kids. Karma will get guys like Beach

Reactions: UCFhonors
Looks like it was more to do with not communicating with the staff that he was taking visits. I honestly prefer the GOL method. Either you're with us or take your visits. It's that simple.

Frost allowed Killins to go on visits last year.

I will say that the last class was put together in less time but seemed to have better character. Killins, Hamilton, and Milton all seem like good kids. Karma will get guys like Beach

bagdad-bob.gif

We have dropped down to only 17 recruits and a 68th ranking. We still may lose Carpenter.
What's up with USF? 13 recruits

Owens finally de-committed. I'm kind of glad. He was constantly flirting with other schools.

Latest Decommits --
Here's a FL OL guy who just now decommitted from Michigan:
http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2017/01/22/michigan-wolverines-football-recruiting-kai-leon-herbert/96930488/
Here's a 3 star center that FAU is trying to sign that Bama was considering before:
http://www.rollbamaroll.com/2017/1/...ting-update-decommitment-open-up-another-slot
Here's a top DE/OLB sack artist Tampa area decommit from U of Louisville yesterday:
http://www.courier-journal.com/stor...l-pledge-jabreel-stephens-decommits/96944230/
Here's a top defensive back who just decommitted from U S. Carolina yesterday:
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/s...mits-south-carolinas-latest-recruiting-class/

Thanks. Yes.., a great school to be a productive WR! When was the last GT WR in the NFL?

Haha is this a joke?

But seriously all these decommits just means there will be more decommits from other schools that we can try to sign. We'll be fine.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
We have dropped down to only 17 recruits and a 68th ranking. We still may lose Carpenter.
What's up with USF? 13 recruits

It's getting harder and harder to recruit as a G5 against P5 schools.

I don't care how good of a recruiter u are.

Reactions: UCFProf
Thanks. Yes.., a great school to be a productive WR! When was the last GT WR in the NFL?
Calvin Johnson. One of the greatest NFL WRs ever had a couple 800 yard seasons at GT and eclipsed 1000 yards once.

I mean Megatron against college DBs. He should have averaged 20 yards a snap :)

Calvin Johnson. One of the greatest NFL WRs ever had a couple 800 yard seasons at GT and eclipsed 1000 yards once.

I mean Megatron against college DBs. He should have averaged 20 yards a snap :)
Did they run the same offense as now.

Funny.., all these recruits being talked about. No name, position, recruiting history, or even if they are or were committed to UCF.

I guess my recruiting knowledge needs to get up to par, but this morning we were all talking about Viktor Beach and not one person even mentioned his tweets or the facts of his de-commit

Did they run the same offense as now.

D. Thomas played in this GT offense. Since him we've had 3 other receivers drafted and another play for a few years as a free agent. Every starting receiver we've had except one that stayed until their senior year has been drafted since 2009.

But yes...all a moot point since Owens is a DL.

Reactions: Mikesi
Haha is this a joke?

But seriously all these decommits just means there will be more decommits from other schools that we can try to sign. We'll be fine.
Not really more for us. In my list above, those were the only ones this week that didn't simultaneously Commit to another school!

I like our current class with the guys we have left now. I see a list of guys who are good players and seemingly with good character and integrity.

We talk a lot about the kids who yearn for recruiting attention, but I count 15 or more on our remaining list who have never publicly complained or threatened to jump ship. We have a lot of athleticism as well as class in the guys that remain.

Lastly, I feel that many of our needs for new blood are addressed not only with the '17 class, but also w/ '16 and even '15 guys who have been waiting their turn and/or redshirted, like Dowdell, Mitchell, Bacote, Evans, Nevelle Clark, Brendan Hayes, Titus Davis, Aaron Cochran, Burgess-Becker, Brandon Scott, etc.. We don't have as many holes as some may think.

Reactions: GILL T and tjb74
And he could never seem to make it to UCF. Something ALWAYS came up.
that's what I don't get, why was he so hesitant to not do an OV? He was scheduled for this final weekend & plenty of opportunities to hang out during unofficials as an In State guy. He was a commit that never seemed to want to give the Coaches a chance to showcase UCF to him, it's been a weird group of recruits this cycle.

that's what I don't get, why was he so hesitant to not do an OV? He was scheduled for this final weekend & plenty of opportunities to hang out during unofficials as an In State guy. He was a commit that never seemed to want to give the Coaches a chance to showcase UCF to him, it's been a weird group of recruits this cycle.
I think in UCF he saw a place where he felt he could play early with several of our DL's graduating in a year. Based on the the trending of his twitter during the season, he seemed to get turned off as the team had lackluster performances on the field. Not everyone can buy into building something. It seems he had expectations that UCF dominance would be in place before he got here.

Not sure whether GT or MIA give Carpenter better options to play. Miami looks pretty tough for him based on numbers and new recruits at Safety. GT just got a new commit at Safety yesterday. Looks like UCF is a better fit compared to those that he is considering.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT