ADVERTISEMENT

Future Football Schedule Alert!

Wonderful. I'd love to travel back out to Utah again and BYU is a great team to compete against.

Note: I'd also like to see us compete against some of the teams like Boise State rather than playing all cupcakes in September if P5 wont play us.

Let's make the schedule good for the players and the fans. Let the P5 show themselves afraid to play ALL competition. Their fanbase is going to start complaining sooner than later if teams like Boise, UCF, BYU and a Memphis type AAC team start becoming perennial winners shunned by P5. Being a Top 10 team and playing multiple H.S. teams (FCS) should be banned if they are truly elite programs.

These series are better than the mid-lower tier ACC teams we have scheduled IMO.
That’s a complicated argument

Seems like those ACC game’s have become a no win situation. They haven’t helped us in ANY WAY

That’s a complicated argument

Seems like those ACC game’s have become a no win situation. They haven’t helped us in ANY WAY
There is more excitement in a matchup with a potentially ranked G5 school (like our gameday weekend with Cincy last year) than there is with a team like Georgia Tech or Louisville. Unless those teams happen to be good that year.

Danny White if you are lurking I got a scheduling suggestion. A neutral site game vs a Pac 12 or Big 12 opponent at the new Raiders Stadium in Vegas on Labor Day weekend. Dome, no hurricane threats, and the easiest sell in history for UCF fans to travel in massive numbers on a holiday weekend.
:sunglasses::airplane::cool2:[cheers]:pimp::americanflag::football:
Ddkv-ROV4AAnVh8.jpg

Ddkv-RLU0AAmdhb.jpg

Danny White if you are lurking I got a scheduling suggestion. A neutral site game vs a Pac 12 or Big 12 opponent at the new Raiders Stadium in Vegas on Labor Day weekend. Dome, no hurricane threats, and the easiest sell in history for UCF fans to travel in massive numbers on a holiday weekend.
:sunglasses::airplane::cool2:[cheers]:pimp::americanflag::football:
Ddkv-ROV4AAnVh8.jpg

Ddkv-RLU0AAmdhb.jpg
I like it, take the smart money straight to Vegas ourselves. $10k max cash on the plane right?

Reactions: Poolside Knight
I like it, take the smart money straight to Vegas ourselves. $10k max cash on the plane right?
it's one of the first things I thought of when that stadium was announced [laughing]. With the opening weekend Neutral Site trend it is just perfect, way better than Atlanta or Dallas

I thought the Oregon series was, Eugene for an way game would be cool

scheduling nerds is there still an opening for that or are we done?
If the current scheduling strategy continues, and these count as the P6 matchups in DWs approach. I think we're full for P6 through 2023. One P6 spot open in 2024. One filled in 2027. Other than those its wide open. Might be done hearing scheduling news for a while.

If the current scheduling strategy continues, and these count as the P6 matchups in DWs approach. I think we're full for P6 through 2023. One P6 spot open in 2024. One filled in 2027. Other than those its wide open. Might be done hearing scheduling news for a while.
Your use of P6 and how it relates to Boise and BYU has left me confused. MWC part of P6? Wouldn't that be P7? BYU not even in a conference. We gotta get our designations on the same page.

Reactions: Knight Strength
I mean I understand its hard times for Danny White and the Autonomous 5.

I just don't think BYU and Boise State are statement games. The Non-A5 to the playoff narrative isn't talked about unless we knock off A5 opponents. We are helping the A5 draw the line between playoff access further if we just give up and only schedule more Non-A5 games.

Your use of P6 and how it relates to Boise and BYU has left me confused. MWC part of P6? Wouldn't that be P7? BYU not even in a conference. We gotta get our designations on the same page.
Ha sorry to confuse you. I just called them P6 because I think they're on par with Memphis, Cincy, and other top P6 teams. It was based more on perception than conference.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
Ha sorry to confuse you. I just called them P6 because I think they're on par with Memphis, Cincy, and other top P6 teams. It was based more on perception than conference.

IMO they’re above Memphis and Cincy. Like us, they’ve won hardware and BCS/NY6 games. That have a brand about them Memphis and Cincy don’t. That’s why I like these games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT