ADVERTISEMENT

Getting to 20 recruits...

is Jonathan Jones seriously considering UCF or was his visit a be nice to the hometown deal? He is the type of talent that Herman is keeping home in Houston but know Frost was late to the game this cycle so it's tougher

Recruit Blocker or Dame?

Definitely, don't want either starting this year.

I prefer Milton over both of them. His tape looks like a perfect fit for Frost's offense. He has a similar size to Boykin at TCU and has an exciting upside plugging him in w Florida athletes at the skill positions. Not sure how serious he is about leaving the Islands though

I prefer Milton over both of them. His tape looks like a perfect fit for Frost's offense. He has a similar size to Boykin at TCU and has an exciting upside plugging him in w Florida athletes at the skill positions. Not sure how serious he is about leaving the Islands though
I didn't see Milton throw much on tape, what I did see, I wasn't impressed. He's listed at 6', so that means he's probably 5'9" and he's playing against Hawai'ian athletes.

Blocker has the location advantage of getting more exposure and Milton is still rated higher across the board w 247

Blocker has the location advantage of getting more exposure and Milton is still rated higher across the board w 247
Blocker is 6'3", runs faster, has a better arm, is a coaches son and plays in Louisiana. He's off the radar because he was hurt last year. Kid needs some weight but he can play. His only offer is Alabama State now, so he's available.

I can understand how he got hurt with all that running he did. And yeah getting a guy to leave Hawaii to move to the east coast can't be an easy feat.

Blocker is 6'3", runs faster, has a better arm, is a coaches son and plays in Louisiana. He's off the radar because he was hurt last year. Kid needs some weight but he can play. His only offer is Alabama State now, so he's available.
Milton got hurt his senior season so that hurt him.

would Frost want both assuming they were interested?

I can understand how he got hurt with all that running he did. And yeah getting a guy to leave Hawaii to move to the east coast can't be an easy feat.

Well, it looks like he was really hoping that Oregon would offer him. That was his 1st choice. Looks like he's in town now.

Milton got hurt his senior season so that hurt him.

would Frost want both assuming they were interested?

Maybe. I would think that Frost would want 1 QB, then go after a stud JUCO and a Freshman this year. We'll have minimum 7 QBs this spring.

He's doing pretty good in the 7 weeks he's been coaching. Way better than GOL in the previous year. I'm already impressed.

We had a decent recruiting year last year. We do not stack up to that yet, but it looks promising. No way to tell until they sign on the dotted line.

If he takes the scholarships from the walk ons then we lose all the local kids. GOL may not have signed a lot of local talent but he brought in a ton as walk ons.

An athlete that is walking-on does not have a scholarship. GOL used to take a kid that has followed all the rules and not in the two deep as a JR or SR and pull them from the team, but not pull their scholarship.

I found his throwing motion a bit odd..

Dad works at Disney and says, "We wouldn't miss any of his college games for the world. I'll be right there, yelling 'That's my boy.' " Gonna hard to do that if he goes to AZ or Maryland. Looks like UCF would be a great fit.
they had the Babers fiasco but they are usually good on recruiting news/predictions...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: HammerB08
That's the Hawaiin QB? If so that's good news. I don't care if we win 3 games next year we just need to showcase SF offense so these kids in 2017 are tempted
yeah not confirmed but he was On Campus Monday & Tuesday for an OV

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I understand those stats were from 2014. Didn't he sit 2015 out with an injury? What was the injury?
AC shoulder joint. He still threw for 2300 yards and 30 TDs during his senior year (not sure how many games). Folks say that if he were 6'3" or 6'4" he'd be one of the most sought after QBs in the nation. Frost was familiar with him because he won MVP at Oregon's QB camp and Milton was desperately hoping for an Oregon offer to play in this offense. I really hope that this kid isn't finished growing, maybe he has 2 more inches.

AC shoulder joint. He still threw for 2300 yards and 30 TDs during his senior year (not sure how many games). Folks say that if he were 6'3" or 6'4" he'd be one of the most sought after QBs in the nation. Frost was familiar with him because he won MVP at Oregon's QB camp and Milton was desperately hoping for an Oregon offer to play in this offense. I really hope that this kid isn't finished growing, maybe he has 2 more inches.

So he can still run? Good, because he looked explosive on that Junior year film. I was worried it was a knee.

Killins is taking a visit to Iowa State this weekend but don't think there is anything to worry about. Hamilton has shut down visits

Can one of the criteria be that any DE who plays for 3 years and never gets a sack is relieved of his scholarship? The free ride has ended
That can still keep their scholly, just not on the team and count against the 85 number. They can be given that option, and then they decide to leave to continue football.

Killins is taking a visit to Iowa State this weekend but don't think there is anything to worry about. Hamilton has shut down visits
How does that sales pitch go?
"Hey Adrian, thanks for coming out to Ames! It warmed up nicely this weekend, highs just over freezing. The good thing about being a cyclone, is we almost never win and have never won a conference championship. So expectations are super low for you. The upside is that if you develop well, you can transfer to UCF like T.J. Mutcherson did"

Frost won't try to stop them from taking other visits, just hope in the end he wants to stay close to home.

this coaching staff is great w their updates on social media [laughing]

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT