ADVERTISEMENT

Getting to 20 recruits...

Different to pull a scholarship before they commit and sign up. Still a douche move and gives the program and the coach a bad rep. Only the big programs can get away with this unscathed.
Actually it isn't. You gave them a chance and they underperformed.

So is Coach Linam driving to Miami, picking up some recruits and driving them back to Orlando? Didn't realize it worked that way.

Different to pull a scholarship before they commit and sign up. Still a douche move and gives the program and the coach a bad rep. Only the big programs can get away with this unscathed.
Wrong. The spotlight is on the big programs. Nobody is going to tweet or care if we pull scholarships.

Wrong. The spotlight is on the big programs. Nobody is going to tweet or care if we pull scholarships.
The local high school coaches will remember us.
And you call me all sorts of names?
I think I'll call you "PO-FL'cruits."

no home bball game for the visitors this weekend but Bithlo's finest will be pounding can beer at Burger U

No you are wrong again. The big programs will fill their spots with big recruits and have back-ups to their back-ups. They have commodity that we do not have. We depend upon selling why big recruits should take a chance on our program rather than go to a big program. If we get the reputation among HS coaches that we don't stick to our word it hurts us more than it hurts the big programs.

No you are wrong again. The big programs will fill their spots with big recruits and have back-ups to their back-ups. They have commodity that we do not have. We depend upon selling why big recruits should take a chance on our program rather than go to a big program. If we get the reputation among HS coaches that we don't stick to our word it hurts us more than it hurts the big programs.
Your explanation doesn't support your argument.

Actually it isn't. You gave them a chance and they underperformed.

No we are talking about dropping players before they get a chance to perform for the new staff at all. For most their only crime was to be at UCF during a horrible internal coach transition. Now you are potentially going to keep them from graduating college or playing at another school because they have little or no eligibility left. All this simply on some whim that we "might" pick up a marginal player this recruiting period. I guarantee that many of them will leave on their own once they see that they cannot fit into the system. Let the problem take care of itself.

Your explanation doesn't support your argument.

Of course it does. The big boys have all kinds of tradition, alumni support, TV exposure, One of the few things UCF has had to sell over the big boys is its integrity. Graduation rates, GPAs, scholarship protection etc.. Start the new regime by screwing over players and you are ruining that. and for what? Some hope that a scholarship might be given out to a new 2 or 3 star recruit? The current players sell the program to the recruits as well. You need the old players to be on board with the new regime. The big programs don't have to worry about that as much because they are generally considered for the other things first.

this OT is visiting this weekend, has Hiers type size but he has been a solid USF commit & seems to be all about the Bus for now so not sure if he'll flip

Reactions: firm_bizzle
20 commits not looking good after striking out so far this weekend and having other schools trying to pick our commits...

15?

20 commits not looking good after striking out so far this weekend and having other schools trying to pick our commits...

15?
not every recruit is going to commit on the spot & a few that UCF are the heavy favorites for(like Whetzel) are announcing on signing day. We'll get to 20.

Looks like Cinci flipped Mbodj.

Last edited:
It's down to 13 commitments now, after Mbodj jumped ship.

Only 9 days left to get 7 more commits if they want 20. And they will likely have to get 8 more, because Osborne just got offered by Baylor and was talking to another power-5 school.

Interesting note -- when Frost was hired there were 6 O'Leary verbal commits. That number is down to 2.

You couldn't be more wrong, and the fact that you think this is the case just shows how little you know, understand, or comprehend about the recruiting process, and how High School coaches perceive UCF. If we start cutting scholarships for kids who aren't performing well on the field but are performing in the classroom, we might as well stop trying to build a good program because we will no longer be competitive.

Seriously, you couldn't be more wrong here and the same problem arises from you as from any idiot, you lack the mental faculties to properly understand just how terribly wrong you actually are.

It's down to 13 commitments now, after Mbodj jumped ship.

Only 9 days left to get 7 more commits if they want 20. And they will likely have to get 8 more, because Osborne just got offered by Baylor and was talking to another power-5 school.

Interesting note -- when Frost was hired there were 6 O'Leary verbal commits. That number is down to 2.
The class would have been really bad if GOL had stayed.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
54816942.jpg

You couldn't be more wrong, and the fact that you think this is the case just shows how little you know, understand, or comprehend about the recruiting process, and how High School coaches perceive UCF. If we start cutting scholarships for kids who aren't performing well on the field but are performing in the classroom, we might as well stop trying to build a good program because we will no longer be competitive.

Seriously, you couldn't be more wrong here and the same problem arises from you as from any idiot, you lack the mental faculties to properly understand just how terribly wrong you actually are.
So we'd no longer be competitive by telling a man whose 21 that you haven't performed up to expectations on the field so we'd suggest you apply for an academic scholarship or apply for a loan? How would we lose competitiveness by cutting loose the dead weight?

Reactions: firm_bizzle

You spent more time attacking me than making an actual point. Since you make such a compelling argument then you must be correct. [eyeroll]

Last edited:
^ face palm

This is the reality people, because realists like myself are honest I'm tired of the non-sense like the above.
  • Change always causes disruptions, as the prior coach/staff relationships are lost with recruits
  • We may have a worse class, raking-wise (but not necessarily talent-wise for Frost's system**), now that GoL is gone
  • Yes, let me say that again ... as bad as the year was, GoL and his staff still had relationships with some recruits
  • This is not Frost's fault at all, we all knew he'd lose some of our GoL recruits**
  • You have to give Frost a minimum of 3 years to get his pipelines setup
  • Frost will make do with the talent he has, including the highly ranked 2013-2014 and 2014-2015 classes we had
  • The 2016 will be interesting, but it won't quite be a "Frost program" yet, as he will have to use the talent he has (not all are "Frost fast")

**I'm still very much excited about the program Frost will build here. It's just not going to happen overnight, and the 2015-2016 recruiting class was always going to be in doubt -- at least to us "realists" in the program.

TL;DR version: firm_bizzle, you're absolutely pathetic at this point, and just proving me right time and time - but I'm the dipsh--, eh?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT