ADVERTISEMENT

Gold +6%, Stocks -15% - Did you get your hedge on yet?

If you sold all your gold at market open today and bought VUG you just made 10%. Roughly 3 times the entire gold appreciation over the past decade.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
This is unreal. I guess the threat of ww3 doesn't really affect the markets anymore. It's totally upside down.

This is unreal. I guess the threat of ww3 doesn't really affect the markets anymore. It's totally upside down.
Markets love war. They just hate the threat of it. Look at what they did in the 4 years during WW2. 150% gain.

Let's see how low this baby can go! I wouldn't mind 3-5 years of a down market. I'll dollar cost average here though. This regime needs to get inflation under control without us sliding into a recession.
Hope you bought today when it poked below 4170 for an easy 120 point pop like I did. If you didn’t I think there will be at least one more down leg possibly to the 4000-4100 range that you can get in on.

@Boston.Knight can't possibly be serious. No one is this dumb. I think he's imitating other antivax morons just to make them look bad.

But then again anything can be a conspiracy theory if you are too goddamn stupid to understand how the world works. amirite BS?

Last edited:
@Boston.Knight got caught in a massive bear trap on the head and shoulders pattern that every novice retail investor in the world could see and now has disappeared from the scene after a literal 7-9% swing between gold and equities throughout the day. Was so giddy about the overnight trap he was here at 5am posting about how he was upping his hedge. Meanwhile I literally told you to buy in to equities when SPX hit 4170. If you did, congrats you just made in one day what gold has made over the last year.

@Boston.Knight got caught in a massive bear trap on the head and shoulders pattern that every novice retail investor in the world could see and now has disappeared from the scene after a literal 7-9% swing between gold and equities throughout the day. Was so giddy about the overnight trap he was here at 5am posting about how he was upping his hedge. Meanwhile I literally told you to buy in to equities when SPX hit 4170. If you did, congrats you just made in one day what gold has made over the last year.
I mean, he simply can't be serious. He HAS to be an antivax anti-gold troll just trying to make actual antivax pro-gold conspiracy theory guzzling morons look dumb.

No one could honestly shill gold for a decade, watch it literally lose money to inflation, see a 1.8% uptick over one day and act like they are warren buffet.

I refuse to believe there are people that dumb. He has to be putting on a show.

@Boston.Knight 🤣😂🤣😂🤣

giphy.gif

Unless there is a peace deal today it will get worse before it gets better. If I was going to gamble maybe grab the ishares Russian index fund but super risky. How it plays out is very fluid. Run on the banks happening right now in Russia. Interest rates over 20%. They are isolated with travel. Shipping companies are no longer doing business. The Russians are super lucky we aren't energy independent like the recent past.

Maybe Putin saves face getting something out of the peace deal. Huge financial gamble though.
We are stepping into a major trap.

The Russians are super lucky we aren't energy independent like the recent past.
Yeah, I've been harping on that in my Facebook feed.

I'll probably put it to Twitter as well, but I don't even have 1/100th as many people following me there -- didn't do Twitter until I found someone masquerading as me, including my e-mail, in just the past 2 years or so.

Unless there is a peace deal today it will get worse before it gets better. If I was going to gamble maybe grab the ishares Russian index fund but super risky. How it plays out is very fluid. Run on the banks happening right now in Russia. Interest rates over 20%. They are isolated with travel. Shipping companies are no longer doing business. The Russians are super lucky we aren't energy independent like the recent past.

Maybe Putin saves face getting something out of the peace deal. Huge financial gamble though.

It's been nonstop propaganda from the West. It's the same nonstop covidian like propaganda machine. The reality is Ukraine is money laundering central and corrupt nazi state. US Biolabs and NATO? Who can blame Russia for saying no. They been warning us for 15 years to stay away.

And let's not forget our own checkered past. The US is responsible for starting 81% of the recent wars including responsible for up to 2M innocent Iraqi deaths. You really should read Putin's remarks. Balance of power is important. Most of what he is saying is not false.

So much for the sanctions. China + Russia + India all on the same side and will take down any energy offered . This is starting to feel like the beginning of the end for the dollar :rolleyes:

I can’t morally pull that trigger even though you may be right

So much for the sanctions. China + Russia + India all on the same side and will take down any energy offered . This is starting to feel like the beginning of the end for the dollar :rolleyes:

China and India need their fossil fuels.

Heck, the Obama-era carbon penalties are based on global emissions, not just US, which is why the Feds lost in court.

I hope you guys aren't running naked and un-hedged into this inflation shit storm. Fed ain't gonna come in and save stocks this time.

I hope you guys aren't running naked and un-hedged into this inflation shit storm. Fed ain't gonna come in and save stocks this time.
Oh man thanks for your insight! Your opinion is highly regarded around here given your incredibly accurate past predictions*

*Sarcasm since you have the IQ of a mentally incapacitated toaster

Like will Ferrell in old school

what are your thoughts on I-bonds? That’s a good hedge?

Yeah sure, but it's all timing, and make sure what they call "inflation" is real, not the made up shit put out as headlines. I just looked at Ibonds at 7% yield. I personally think we're heading towards double digit inflation and would hold off for now

Reactions: UCFBS
I agree with JD here. The events with Russia have started the beginning of the end for the dollar. I was hoping the party would last for the rest of my natural life as I have no kids.

All the USA has today is the ability to print dollars to fuel imports. We are net importers and dependent on just about everything except food, thank God for that. Now with American safety and quality of everything from mRNA to Boeing to Iraq WMD squarely in the targets of competitor nations. Be assured they will use mRNA against us some day

Yeah sure, but it's all timing, and make sure what they call "inflation" is real, not the made up shit put out as headlines. I just looked at Ibonds at 7% yield. I personally think we're heading towards double digit inflation and would hold off for now
Credit card interest rates will be over 30% soon enough.

I agree with JD here. The events with Russia have started the beginning of the end for the dollar. I was hoping the party would last for the rest of my natural life as I have no kids.

All the USA has today is the ability to print dollars to fuel imports. We are net importers and dependent on just about everything except food, thank God for that. Now with American safety and quality of everything from mRNA to Boeing to Iraq WMD squarely in the targets of competitor nations. Be assured they will use mRNA against us some day

This is the scary part about pulling these moves. The entire EU and US economies could tank if the Russians find Chinese and Indian markets for independence.

It's not going to end well ... and possibly in WWIII.

In any case, the magic pixie dust green people in this country should be sent for remedial education. They have ****ed our energy independence.

If you tell them we could, at best, hope to achieve 30% green by 2050, they accuse you of being Big Oil apologists. Sigh ... yes, electrical and environmental engineers are biased ...

It's that whole materials, science, logistics and resource geography realities for us, very biased.

Reactions: Boston.Knight
I wouldn't gamble on Russia for the record. Way too many unknowns with new sanctions and companies bailing on the region daily.
Treat it like any heavy underdog bet ... that you're missing 100% of your money goodbye.

Same with China as of late too.

This is the scary part about pulling these moves. The entire EU and US economies could tank if the Russians find Chinese and Indian markets for independence.

It's not going to end well ... and possibly in WWIII.

In any case, the magic pixie dust green people in this country should be sent for remedial education. They have ****ed our energy independence.

If you tell them we could, at best, hope to achieve 30% green by 2050, they accuse you of being Big Oil apologists. Sigh ... yes, electrical and environmental engineers are biased ...

It's that whole materials, science, logistics and resource geography realities for us, very biased.

LOL @ Jenn Pitaki. "We're considering energy sanctions. :rolleyes: 🤦‍♀️

The US does what we're good at : Printing money and manipulating fx and stocks. That's not long term sustainable strategy. $1T USD down the drain. It will be a giveaway to international investors at some point down the road as they unwind losing bets

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT