ADVERTISEMENT

GOOD GUYS VS smu game thread.

Get ready...we're going to be ranked #25 next week. We beat an inspired SMU team, but tOSU's biorthytms (sp. f*ck spell check) were off, and the CFP will take that into account.
I think #23. West Virginia, Iowa, Arizona/USC winner, Michigan State, and Washington State will jump us. LSU could possibly jump us if they lose to Alabama close.

As close as the game was i was pleasantly surprised by the defense. Aside from the 1st TD they did a great job against a strong offense. SMU got 14 off of our turnovers the the other 2 scores after we turned it over on downs. We put them in bad positions and still managed to pull it out.

Reactions: UCF0509
Honestly, Frost is a very good coach, but....

There are other good or better coaches in this world. I know it's blasphomy, but it's factual

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Frost needs to concentrate on his team and his wife/baby NOTHING ELSE!

Honestly, Frost is a very good coach, but....

There are other good or better coaches in this world. I know it's blasphomy, but it's factual

he's a good fit here but has brain farts...especially with red zone playcalling.

I still don't get why C. Richardson doesn't get calls in the red zone and how they don't have a couple of heavy packages down there when it's 1st and goal from the 4

Reactions: Mikesi
We should have scored a TD there. That play was too cute

Frost is a great program building and system guy, but at a P5 level with equal talent and close games. His Xs and Os failures are going to be glaringly obvious against good coaches

He needs more time

DN0CMmjVoAA2v9n.jpg

I think we rely on the big play too much. Frost doesn't know how to game manage just yet. He expects a TD on every play and when the team isn't clicking can't switch to a ball control game. We were better then them in every facet but can't execute a ball control offense.

All RBs other than Killins got 7 carries

Otis had 1 carry and 1 catch

I know Richardson had to go into the locker room at Navy. Otis couldn't dress for A Peay. Could be more to the rotation/carry situation than just coach preference at this stage.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
26 consecutive quarters now with a score. 30 out of 31 on the season. As their level of play has risen, so has fan expectations. Last year we fall apart and lose to a 6-2 SMU on the road by several scores. This is an 8-0 team. Not perfect, but very good.

Yes we have become greedy and nitpicky. We are 8-0. We will complain tonight about a very flawed win, but that will fade

Reactions: UCFhonors
sometime, hopefully next week both the offense and defense will be awake at the same time, like the first 5 games this year.

we were lucky to get out of this one with the win, that was a terribly called game by Frost

Credit their D. I saw masterful planed and executed defense by SMU. Nobody expected that.

MM^2 looked flat too. He’ll rebound.

Big win!

#UCFacts

SmokinSmile

Yes we have become greedy and nitpicky. We are 8-0. We will complain tonight about a very flawed win, but that will fade

Yeah. Looks like SMU found some things to exploit. Next game will be very telling if we are just great or truly excellent.

Reactions: Mikesi
We were lucky to win this game. If I recall they fumbled going into the end zone near the end of the first half and we recovered for a touchback.

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
Dammit, I thought we were playing SMu today and I was missing it!!
No. Someone mentioned that Frost made the right calls all the time. Everyone complained about his play calling. It’s exactly the same except we don’t have STs running back TDS and defense making timely turnovers and sacks.

No. Someone mentioned that Frost made the right calls all the time. Everyone complained about his play calling. It’s exactly the same except we don’t have STs running back TDS and defense making timely turnovers and sacks.
someone always complains about everything lol

Regardless of the plays called, Frost’s offense was more entertaining to watch IMO, though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT