ADVERTISEMENT

GoT season 7 discussion

Are you excited for the GOT return 7/16?

• Total voters
I think there are only 7 episodes this season, and that was episode 3. So 4 left this season along with 6 next leaves only 10 to go. It will definitely pick up pace soon.

10 yes, but they've said next years' episodes may all be between 90 to 120 minutes.

yea im excited about that part, but it is certainly odd the way they have decided to break out the episodes like that.

This is the end of their biggest show ever- they want to string it out. They probably could have finished this year.

Dany is getting annoying, hope to see her fall.

Btw, Ballers is fvcking terrible.

I wonder if Elaria and her daughter are really going to die? Braun was suffering from poison himself and was saved by the daughter. He kind of has a thing for her and has been absent from this season so far. Plus he owes her. He might find an antidote for her himself.

Just a theory.

I wonder if Elaria and her daughter are really going to die? Braun was suffering from poison himself and was saved by the daughter. He kind of has a thing for her and has been absent from this season so far. Plus he owes her. He might find an antidote for her himself.

Just a theory.

My question would be why? The Sand Snakes are arguably the most throw away characters on the show and Braun is at best a minor supporting character. It would be airspace wasted on a big "who cares?".

They showed him marching on Highgarden simply because he's now a Lannister lord. If he reappears to more extent, it may be assisting Jamie to eventually kil Cersei

Just a theory.
Braun is smart enough not to cross the queen. He wouldnt do anything like that. There is plenty of other pretty girls he can have.

Braun is smart enough not to cross the queen. He wouldnt do anything like that. There is plenty of other pretty girls he can have.

I thought about that too. But Braun has always been willing to play for the winning and paying side. And in the end, the Queen is broke and I expect her to start losing soon. We'll see what happens.

Like 85 said, this is small story in the large overall world. Nothing will probably happen.

I really hate Bran's character at the moment. He's been in exile away from Winterfell for nearly all 7 seasons, he finally gets back home, and can only act like a weirdo around Sansa. Without hardly seeming happy to be back at all. And annoyingly, he of course reaches Winterfell right after Jon has already left, hence not being able to tell him who he really is.

Then you've got storylines like Sam and the Hound which are just kind of floating out there for now.

And somewhere, Gendry is still paddling his rowboat since we last saw him in Season 3. Robert's bastard who arguably has the strongest claim to the throne, given the last 2 kings were incestual offspring and not from Robert.

I really hate Bran's character at the moment. He's been in exile away from Winterfell for nearly all 7 seasons, he finally gets back home, and can only act like a weirdo around Sansa. Without hardly seeming happy to be back at all. And annoyingly, he of course reaches Winterfell right after Jon has already left, hence not being able to tell him who he really is.

Then you've got storylines like Sam and the Hound which are just kind of floating out there for now.

And somewhere, Gendry is still paddling his rowboat since we last saw him in Season 3. Robert's bastard who arguably has the strongest claim to the throne, given the last 2 kings were incestual offspring and not from Robert.
Sams role is all about finding the best way to fight and repel the white walkers. I think the hounds role will be to link up and help fight against cersei and eventually battle the mountain.

yea bran getting there after jon left was annoying but i completely get it. they want to hold off dropping the fact that he is actually a stark/targaryen until the last episode of this season.

Where the show is at this point, hasn't been completely written. The show has surpassed Martin's books. He told the HBO producers how it ends.

Gotcha. I only watched the 1st season but read all the books. It seems many of the things you are talking about are in the current books.

Gotcha. I only watched the 1st season but read all the books. It seems many of the things you are talking about are in the current books.
at this point there are some things that are further ahead of the tv show, but for the most part, the tv show is further along.

Reactions: fabknight
at this point there are some things that are further ahead of the tv show, but for the most part, the tv show is further along.

Huh? Like what? I have read the books and everything in the TV show is way ahead of where things left off.

i didnt read the books, getting this info from a friend so maybe he was wrong.

i believe one of the dragons has died or was captured, and there are dragon riders. i also have heard we might see lady stone heart this season which is long after she appeared in the books.

i didnt read the books, getting this info from a friend so maybe he was wrong.

i believe one of the dragons has died or was captured, and there are dragon riders. i also have heard we might see lady stone heart this season which is long after she appeared in the books.

The Dragons were chained up at one point but no one has captured them to this point. Your friend is either talking about things that have happened to the Targaryens in the past or speaking out his butt. In theory, only the Targaryens can ride dragons.

There was a story that HBO got hacked and they have been leaking stuff but I am purposely staying away from that.

Lady Stoneheart has been rumored to show up for years. Still nada.

Lady Stoneheart is not showing up. If she was it would have been at least 2 seasons ago. While fun to read, she was really just a revengeful zombie that went around killing people in retribution for her families' murders. Well, now we have Arya doing that.

Not to mention Michelle Fairley is now starring in The White Princess and has been doing a play in London.

Yep.

And Brans bad timing is almost as bad Jons resurrection.

Bad storytelling.

But these have been the best 3 episodes in the last 3 seasons. Toknights epic battle should be about half the episode.

Damn. Pure intensity. Things to take away from this episode: Little Finger is still crazy dangerous and has Arya/Bran in his sights. He will try and separate them from Sansa. The Stark women may wreak some havoc eventually especially Arya. The Dragons are priceless, don't lose them. The Lannister army had fear struck in it for the first time. Braun isn't as minor as may have been thought and is no longer strictly a sell sword, he didn't have to try and save Jamie. Jamie may be dead, but I don't think so. Tyrion is going to have a hard time with this.

Last edited:
I think Tyrion and Varys will soon to jumping on the Jon train. Dany is now a loose canon and no longer listening to anyone. She also just helped expose how inadequate Qyburns weapon is so now Cersei knows to build much much larger crossbows.

Arya will 100% kill Littlefinger

I think Tyrion and Varys will soon to jumping on the Jon train. Dany is now a loose canon and no longer listening to anyone. She also just helped expose how inadequate Qyburns weapon is so now Cersei knows to build much much larger crossbows.

She did listen to Jon some. She didn't go and attack Kings Landing and burn innocent people to the ground but attacked the Lannister army and either their grain or gold (im not sure which she got). Either way the Iron Bank isn't going to like it. She is going off like a loose cannon, but I expect that to change when Jorah re-enters the picture.

And Arya may kill Little Finger, but deep diwn i Sansa to do it.

Doubt Jamie is dead, I'm sure they will clear that up in the first bit of the next episode. Good chance that crossbow was poisoned with something, Qyburn loves his poisons. Losing the "main" dragon would be kind of a shock though - would expect one of the side piece dragons to get killed before Drogon.

Doubt Jamie is dead, I'm sure they will clear that up in the first bit of the next episode. Good chance that crossbow was poisoned with something, Qyburn loves his poisons. Losing the "main" dragon would be kind of a shock though - would expect one of the side piece dragons to get killed before Drogon.

I think the whole point of the crosspoint scene was to show how useless one single device really is. Now Cersei will probably order like 200 of them and line them all around Kings Landing. Also I don't want to get into the physics of an arrow/spear given it's GOT we're talking about, but there's no way in hell a launcher that small could propel a spear that heavy, that quickly, at that altitude.

One thing that keeps bugging me- Jon Snow being resurrected will matter at some point, right? It seems like he came back from the dead and that was that. It has played basically no role in the show since.

Also it would be nice if Bran expedited the telling to Jon that he's a Stark and Tagaerean.

Reactions: UCFhonors
I think the whole point of the crosspoint scene was to show how useless one single device really is. Now Cersei will probably order like 200 of them and line them all around Kings Landing. Also I don't want to get into the physics of an arrow/spear given it's GOT we're talking about, but there's no way in hell a launcher that small could propel a spear that heavy, that quickly, at that altitude.

One thing that keeps bugging me- Jon Snow being resurrected will matter at some point, right? It seems like he came back from the dead and that was that. It has played basically no role in the show since.

Also it would be nice if Bran expedited the telling to Jon that he's a Stark and Tagaerean.

I get the feeling Jon will be at the heart of next season. I see this season being the battle for Kings Landing while next being the battle for Westeros against the Dead.

Reactions: UCFWayne
She did listen to Jon some. She didn't go and attack Kings Landing and burn innocent people to the ground but attacked the Lannister army and either their grain or gold (im not sure which she got). Either way the Iron Bank isn't going to like it. She is going off like a loose cannon, but I expect that to change when Jorah re-enters the picture.

And Arya may kill Little Finger, but deep diwn i Sansa to do it.

Sounded like the gold made it to kings landing.

The one thing I'm not clear on is if the Dorne army was on the iron born ships. I don't think they were. It wouldn't make sense to bring an army to meet Dany. So the Dornes should want to be freeing their queen and daughter.

Dany has a clear path to the throne after that decisive battle.

But I'm sure she is going to turn her attention to the north foolishnessly creating a 2 front War.

Well yeah...I think a crossbow being their "ultimate weapon" is DUMB...and if it remains that way, then damn GoT writers, do better.

I'd think Bran will tell Jon near immediately...he asked for him right away when he got there.

I dont think Jamie is dead, but he will definitely be captured. I wonder what Dany decides to do with him after him charging like a mad man with the spear to kill her.

Big thing is that now Cersei will know that the scorpion does work and will likely arm kings landing with a ton of them. The iron bank now has its payments, but are they going to still support Cersei knowing that their army suffered a major defeat and will likely be in disarray after the attack.

Things are going to get interesting in Winterfell quickly. Arya obviously kicks ass and we will see how long she decides to stick around before heading back south to finish off her list. Little finger is trying to figure out what his next move is going to be, but hed better be careful or Arya is going to get him.

I was hoping that when the siblings met at the tree I was hoping that hed tell them about Jon, but I still think they leave that for the last episode of the season.

East watch is probably going to get hit hard next week. The question will be, what is Dany going to do with the unsullied. Is she going to march them to kings landing for north to help Jon. Its clear that her and Jon are starting to align and more than just as allies.

I think you are right, one of them Tyrion or Varys is going to go. Jorah is on his way back to Dany and it will be too crowded. My bet is Varys, but I dont know if hes going to jump on board with Jon. I think we are going to see him show up in Dorne or the Eryie.

Sounded like the gold made it to kings landing.

The one thing I'm not clear on is if the Dorne army was on the iron born ships. I don't think they were. It wouldn't make sense to bring an army to meet Dany. So the Dornes should want to be freeing their queen and daughter.

Dany has a clear path to the throne after that decisive battle.

But I'm sure she is going to turn her attention to the north foolishnessly creating a 2 front War.
The gold definitely made it into kings landing. however, the army was stretched really thin on that road.

Dorne still has an army, but its in Dorne. The iron born ships only destroyed the convoy for the royals going back and getting ready to launch an attack.

Dany will definitely want to free the Dorne queen, I forget her name. I think you are right, I think shes going to try and fight a war on 2 fronts. I think the unsullied will link up with Jons group in Winterfell while the Dothraki will help take kings landing. I wonder who she will have help her siege kings landing with.

Reactions: UCFhonors
The gold definitely made it into kings landing. however, the army was stretched really thin on that road.

Dorne still has an army, but its in Dorne. The iron born ships only destroyed the convoy for the royals going back and getting ready to launch an attack.

Dany will definitely want to free the Dorne queen, I forget her name. I think you are right, I think shes going to try and fight a war on 2 fronts. I think the unsullied will link up with Jons group in Winterfell while the Dothraki will help take kings landing. I wonder who she will have help her siege kings landing with.

The actress that plays Dorne's queen said she is done - not dead - but won't be appearing anymore, we'll see if this is true.

It's quite possible in the upcoming scenes for next week when you hear someone say, "try to talk some sense into her, she isn't listening", they may be trying to tell her not to kill Jamie.

Well yeah...I think a crossbow being their "ultimate weapon" is DUMB...and if it remains that way, then damn GoT writers, do better.

I'd think Bran will tell Jon near immediately...he asked for him right away when he got there.

In the books there is reference to a Dragon Horn, which allegedly can allow whoever commands it to control whatever dragons are in the area and commit them to their cause. Or something like that.

I am hoping this "giant crossbow" thing is just a way of arriving at that being the REAL solution for Cersei once she realizes this won't be a good soltuion. Because otherwise you're right- it's beyond stupid for this brilliant, deviant maester's big idea to be a big crossbow that is heavy and requires a carriage to move around.

As for Bran- you're right. But Jon seems to be stuck on Dragonstone. I demand that Bran warg into Davos and tell him already.

True. But I don't think the Dothraki are suited to siege. But the unsullied are.

Right now Cersi has a half army and a navy. Vs 2 armies and 3 dragons. 3 armies with Dorne. Then there the North and Vale.

It's crazy that basically 4 of kingdoms have been sacked. I wonder if we will see the Tully reemerge with Freys taken out?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT